Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,609 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (303309 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
coogar:

so bodashee is also a social justice warrior? grin

what does it matter if a man jumps the queue? everybody would get in the bus so why worry? such things don't bother me.....i despise loud users of mobile phones on the bus than people who try to jump the queue. what if he is a junkie and he slaps you when you accosted her?

Coogar come on. You cant call me a warrior biko? What happened to words like "sisi". Social justice Sisi sounds better. Funny enough, i consider myself a very open minded person. I'm usually able to let a lot of things slide. But when it comes to public behavior and social welfare...........i'm very conscious of what goes on around me, and i HATE it when people do things the wrong way, because tomorrow the same people would start complaining that "government" didnt do enough or isnt doing enough.

Dont mind me. Firstborn tinz. You're just built into a disciplinarian without asking.

Meanwhile, i know you know i believe i'm smart. If that guy looked anything like a Junkie, well...................lemme leave you in suspense.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
freecocoa you should be teaching strategy in assault and insult grin grin. That your approach, odikwa very strategic.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
bodashee:
freecocoa you should be teaching strategy in assault and insult grin grin. That your approach, odikwa very strategic.
Nwanne'm, one can never be too careful, especially in a country where people still say "don't you know you are a woman, why challenge a man" grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
edwife:

It was brutal for me because it felt more like tv was going personal rather than give his opinion based on her post.

I have always known her as an atheist but i was really (please forgive me here freecoco) frighten when i read her thread on religion section,i wanted to ask her some questions,i sensed rage.

I tried advising her on the relationship but after reading about their religious incompatibility and what she said about their arguments like her being intelligent and all that,i couldn't find the right words for her.

I must admit that it will be a very difficult union,at least Muslims believe in God(Allah) but as a Christian we believe that everything we do or surround ourselves with has to be somehow linked to God.Our health,job,dream,name it....so it will be an awkward situation for an atheist.

This is though.

In that case maybe there is more to that post than what i read
I read it to mean the inevitable clashes of belief systems

As you rightly noted, a chrislamic marriage will have issues.. though they belive in God
I even know of issues amongst Jehovah witnessess and other christian denominations so this one is in for a lot of debate and arguments right from the get go
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
At the bolded

do you mean things like falling in love?

freecocoa:
That's the main reason why I am sceptical, granted the other things on the list might be childish but we all have had wishful thinking at some point, knowing when to grow up is important, so what if it takes a little push to do that? Like anyone is an island.

Even the most intelligent people do stup1d things sometimes, that's why we are human.

I must admit, as much as I've been insulted and insulted others on here, I am deeply hurt by TV01's words, not because I can't take insults but because this is too personal and seriously uncalled for and to think it's from someone I actually respected even though I don't agree with him on most things I'm taken aback for real.

And whatever I even posted is with the consent of the young man, who is also a nairalander.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2015
Pickabeau1, it's Friday!!!

Fellowship or club? grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
pickabeau1:
At the bolded

do you mean things like falling in love?

Abeg leave me alone, since when is falling in love stup1d, all I know is that anyone can get it wrong sometimes.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
keppyy:
Pickabea, it's Friday!!!

Fellowship or club? grin

None o.... just indoor
want to start gotham
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
freecocoa:
Abeg leave me alone, since when is falling in love stup1d, all I know is that anyone can get it wrong sometimes.

LOL.. u dont need to be harsh about it
I only asked to be sure

Yes logic and love dont mix and i respect you for accepting that the heart wants what it wants
It now behoves you to make compromises to make the relationship work

Can u do that
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
pickabeau1:

None o.... just indoor
want to start gotham

Okayyy... I see Gotham is your baby tonight.... wink

Cool Series shaaaaa....

I'm going to burn some caloriessss....*Ukkkwwwwwuuuuu*
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
have fun then....

wink
keppyy:

Okayyy... I see Gotham is your baby tonight.... wink

Cool Series shaaaaa....

I'm going to burn some caloriessss....*Ukkkwwwwwuuuuu*
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 7:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
pickabeau1:

LOL.. u dont need to be harsh about it
I only asked to be sure

Yes logic and love dont mix and i respect you for accepting that the heart wants what it wants
It now behoves you to make compromises to make the relationship work

Can u do that
That wasn't even near harsh, you people always read me wrong.undecided

I can and have in the past, I just haven't really been in that phase where 'forever' is so glaring, that's why it seems too much.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
freecocoa:
That wasn't even near harsh, you people always read me wrong.undecided

I can and have in the past, I just haven't really been in that phase where 'forever' is so glaring, that's why it seems too much.

well... you may be right that we wrong-read you.. heck.. who knows

we can only interpret based on posts...y'know

Yes forever.... first thing you have to know is that a relationship is about compromise all the time
Because you dont live for yourself anymore
U always consider the impact of your actions on the next person

i dont know the fellow in question But if i were him
I will be continually saddened if my partner did not share the same belief i had AND actively did not support my belief

Note the word AND

Its one thing not to believe in God and keep it to yourself
its another thing to actively push for that nonbelief

On the issue of intelligence, bluntness can make someone feel bad even if well intentioned

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
pickabeau1:

well... you may be right that we wrong-read you.. heck.. who knows

we can only interpret based on posts...y'know

Yes forever.... first thing you have to know is that a relationship is about compromise all the time
Because you dont live for yourself anymore
U always consider the impact of your actions on the next person

i dont know the fellow in question But if i were him
I will be continually saddened if my partner did not share the same belief i had AND actively did not support my belief

Note the word AND

Its one thing not to believe in God and keep it to yourself
its another thing to actively push for that nonbelief

On the issue of intelligence, bluntness can make someone feel bad even if well intentioned

Well, I don't really push for nonbelief, it is usually people, who try to 'preach' to me when they know my stance, though he doesn't do that anymore but I still have to chip in when the topic comes up na, except I'll never have to talk about religion or God anymore with him, which I doubt possible as he even loves to hear me talk,he always wants to know what I think about something.

Being blunt doesn't mean rude na and it's not as if I am always blunt, I just like to say it how I see it, with diplomacy ofcourse but all the same, I willi work on it.grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2015
freecocoa:
Well, I don't really push for nonbelief, it is usually people, who try to 'preach' to me when they know my stance, though he doesn't do that anymore but I still have to chip in when the topic comes up na, except I'll never have to talk about religion or God anymore with him, which I doubt possible as he even loves to hear me talk,he always wants to know what I think about something.

Being blunt doesn't mean rude na and it's not as if I am always blunt, I just like to say it how I see it, with diplomacy ofcourse but all the same, I willi work on it.grin
Pls answer yes or no to these q

1.Will you support Bible education for the kids when they come

2.Will you support special prayers n fasts

3. Do you support the notion that the husband is the head of the family
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
[/b][b]
pickabeau1:

Pls answer yes or no to these q

1.Will you support Bible education for the kids when they come

2.Will you support special prayers n fasts

3. Do you support the notion that the husband is the head of the family
1.Yea.

2.Yea

3.No
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
freecocoa:
[/b][b]
1.Yea.

2.Yea

3.No

Your first two answers are surprising
Your last is not

Hmmm...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2015
pickabeau1:

Your first two answers are surprising
Your last is not

Hmmm...
Lol.
I grew up with church na, look where I am today. The truth is that, the decision is not one you make for someone.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol.
I grew up with church na, look where I am today. The truth is that, the decision is not one you make for someone.

Yes..you r right

On the third one......I will wish u d best
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
pickabeau1:

Yes..you r right

On the third one......I will wish u d best

NL is different from the real world, I've never even had to have that conversation with any bf before, it won't come up if you and your partner know/understand each other.

Thanks anyway.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 11:30pm On Aug 07, 2015
This thread strong gan

@bodashee you did the right thing jare. Personally, anytime i'm in a bad mood at the ATM and someone jumps the queue or tries to pass his ATM card to someone in front of me I tell him that I am well aware of what he is doing. Some days I bluntly refuse these 'queue jumpers', other days when I'm not in a rush I choose to ignore.

One church brother once told me that as a Christian i'm not meant to be 'claiming right' when things like that happen. Me ke, except i'm in a jolly mood(which is most times). If not, well I laugh in Ogoni grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:04am On Aug 08, 2015
freecocoa:
NL is different from the real world, I've never even had to have that conversation with any bf before, it won't come up if you and your partner know/understand each other.

Thanks anyway.

Cool
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 8:04am On Aug 08, 2015
pickabeau1:

Cool
Help! My mentions are no longer working!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ApexTitan(m): 9:26am On Aug 08, 2015
This thread don fall hand.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 9:29am On Aug 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

Help! My mentions are no longer working!

How
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 9:37am On Aug 08, 2015
pickabeau1:

How

Wasn't getting any mention alerts despite being mentioned.

It's just been fixed though.

Thanks.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 10:28am On Aug 08, 2015
Lol, those two are at it again.

Now I wish my mentions weren't working grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

Wasn't getting any mention alerts despite being mentioned.

It's just been fixed though.

Thanks.

It happens to me a lot....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 10:48am On Aug 08, 2015
edwife:

It happens to me a lot....

HI edwife.
Is that you on your dp? shocked
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 10:48am On Aug 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

HI edwife.
Is that you on your dp? shocked

Lol yes.... cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 10:52am On Aug 08, 2015
edwife:

Lol yes.... cheesy
Holy salamanders!
I totally imagined u different smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 10:54am On Aug 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

Holy salamanders!
I totally imagined u different smiley

I don't understand it,why do everyone imagine me old,short and fat? grin grin

That's what i am told...Lol

Well,c'est la vie. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.