Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,048 members, 7,810,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (303171 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
An0nimus:

any image for this? it'll be good use it to taunt Chelsea fans(like keppyy tongue) from time to time..

Before the match

After the match

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Before the match
After the match

You and An0nimus forget that the fall of a strong man is in no way equal to his demise. Issokay. Chelsea rules, reigns, rocks, for life.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 10:44am On Aug 03, 2015
netotse:
@Pickabeau1, TV01, 5minsmadness, Timbuktou, kevinberry, apextitan
I might be slightly off but I think the general purpose of this thread was for us to have a spot to discuss issues that affect us as men(husbands, husbands to be, husbands never to be etc... grin), we're starting to get sidetracked o...let's keep the philosophical discussions to other threads biko.

On this here thread political correctness takes a backseat. This is the boys thread.

Hi Netose, well said and timely.

This is the interwebz, and we have no authority to moderate who participates. Indeed, I have no problem with female input per se, I have only cautioned - from way back & more recently with the odd word - that they please try not to "feminise" things.

When women invade mens spaces or masculine institutions, they do not typically up the ante. So in a sense, it's good input is unmoderated, so we can see exactly that.

Like you noted, this thread is for a specific reason. Men hear and understand better when things are clearly outlined and expalined. We are good with maps, tactical formations, empirical data, example, reasoning, etc.

The sum total of the female advice here has been "just go with your heart". Woe betide a man who charts his course in life on the choppy waters of feelings.

On a personal note, it just highlights all the more why as a mature adult man should not be under the authority of a woman in personal matters or regards relationships - and why I for one, will no tbe subject to female authority in the home or church.

The insight you gleaned - thanks for the nod - did that come from "feeling" based advice? or learned experience and practical example, which I presume you have since put to the test, and seen to be true to some degree? Pray tell, would "just treat her nice and go with your heart" type advice have worked the same - if that isn't what you were doing previously?

I repeat, I'm more than happy to have the ladies join us, but it would be nice if you would do us the courtesy of respecting our sensibilities, and being really considered in your input.

I am yet to hear a worthy challenge, well-considerd insight or alternative views - just lots of strawmen and gainsaying. It's still left for men to read, distil and apply to their situations accordingly. The first rule for men - take responsibility.

Or in short, as Tim has said in his usual "to the point manner" grin

Timbuktou:
You know how women are, they gotta have a say in everything. Since, they've come to our turf to critique our beliefs in full glare of the public, we have to defend our opinions and show their credibility. Otherwise, we stand the risk of losing our men to fine-sounding but substance-lacking "progressive" arguments. Hope you're with me on that?

I agree, though, it can be regulated somewhat.

TV

4 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
bodashee:

You and An0nimus forget that the fall of a strong man is in no way equal to his demise. Issokay. Chelsea rules, reigns, rocks, for life.

ehya....lol.. cry tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

ehya....lol.. cry tongue

Be laughing at us o. IT will soon be my turn, I'm watchng you
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
bodashee:

Be laughing at us o. IT will soon be my turn, I'm watchng you

The record between Mou and Arsene was 13 matches..7 losses; 6 draws

Arsene got the first win and that is a huge boost for the boys

it was a matter of time..lol
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Yea yea yea we have heard.....

Naijababe pheww,i had to log out yesterday-those arsenal boys wanted to kill me with mentions.The sky was red for FA community shield? grin
okay.

Blues ain't shaking,no be Arsenal again?Their last win was in 2004 for both Shield and premier league.FA cup since 2004 to 2 wins in 2014 and 2015. grin

Watch how Arsenal is going trophy-less ,Cech won't save you....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
That is not the issue at hand here

Take it one day at a time

As at now, Arsenal won... stew innit... eh? cry cry

Maybe this is the push our boys needed against the boys in blue

edwife:

Yea yea yea we have heard.....

Naijababe pheww,i had to log out yesterday-those arsenal boys wanted to kill me with mentions.The sky was red for FA community shield? grin
okay.

Blues ain't shaking,no be Arsenal again?Their last win was in 2004 for both Shield and premier league.FA cup since 2004 to 2 wins in 2014 and 2015. grin

Watch how Arsenal is going trophy-less ,Cech won't save you....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
pickabeau1:
That is not the issue at hand here

Take it one day at a time

As at now, Arsenal won... stew innit... eh? cry cry

Maybe this is the push our boys needed against the boys in blue

Yes pick Arsenal won,no worries.I am pleased Mourinho had to play against Cech,now he knows what he is up against.

I wasn't pleased with the sale of cech and i think it is one of Mourinho biggest mistake.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
edwife:

Yes pick Arsenal won,no worries.I am pleased Mourinho had to play against Cech,now he knows what he is up against.

I wasn't pleased with the sale of cech and i think it is one of Mourinho biggest mistake.

On Cech, I was surprised he let him go

Arsenal has not had a keeper since 2006 when lehrman left
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

On Cech, I was surprised he let him go

Arsenal has not had a keeper since 2006 when lehrman left

Yea,that was a great move by Arsene.

Now you guys will concentrate more on strikers,Giroud is one good chap.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
edwife:

Yea,that was a great move by Arsene.

Now you guys will concentrate more on strikers,Giroud is one good chap.

Giroud?.. I laff in Spanish.. he is an average striker
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Giroud?.. I laff in Spanish.. he is an average striker

Average yes but yesterday during the 2nd half he played well.He has his good and bad days.

What i am watching out for is Falcao,he didn't impress me one bit yesterday and you can see Costa was missing in action.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
edwife:

Average yes but yesterday during the 2nd half he played well.He has his good and bad day.

ok...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Tears are rolling ddown my cheeks. How can a person be this mean.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
bodashee:

Tears are rolling ddown my cheeks. How can a person be this mean.

Haba
Be considerate

What of the 7 losses suffered by Arsenal fans...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tollu: 6:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
netotse:

Hey long time, not necessarily battered, emotionally under developed is also a possibility.

Yeah Netotse the correct guy, long time
Our "Office" thread seems like decades ago.

Battered oh, under developed oh, life is too short for such permutations, rules and regulations.
That's just me though, happy go lucky.

As my people will say "gbogbo wa o le sun ki a k'ori si ibi kan na" loosely translated as "to each his own", "live and let live" ati bebe lo.
So anybody wey need BODMAS, compass abi my Texas Instrument calculator like computer to calculate angle wey hin go take reason babe, toast babe, impregnate or hang woman leg fit come borrow mine grin

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Haba
Be considerate
What of the 7 losses suffered by Arsenal fans...

C'mon, be of good cheer, 7 is the number of perfection! Didn't you go to church yesterday?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
bodashee:

C'mon, be of good cheer, 7 is the number of perfection! Didn't you go to church yesterday?

Na 7 the thing go stop until Arsenal reach their own perfection. tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Na 7 the thing go stop until Arsenal reach their own perfection. tongue

Forget it biko. I'll be praying hard, and you know the effective fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much.
Amen somebodeeeh!!!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
bodashee:

Forget it biko. I'll be praying hard, and you know the effective fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much.
Amen somebodeeeh!!!

Bobo..... grin
How are you though

You been quiet since after the MTn ish
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 11:15pm On Aug 03, 2015
tbh this one win feels like it evens out all the losses to the blues...

@bodashee don't worry by September the rivalry would be rekindled. Let's just hope Mou and AW make up before then. Make them no go throw punch for live TV grin

@TV01 is the "Go young" series through? I loved it and have learnt a thing or two.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

Bobo..... grin
How are you though
You been quiet since after the MTn ish

Brother I've been on ghost mode jare.

an0nimus:

@bodashee don't worry by September the rivalry would be rekindled. Let's just hope Mou and AW make up before then. Make them no go throw punch for live TV grin

It will just be epic
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 9:49am On Aug 04, 2015
An0nimus:
@TV01 is the "Go young" series through? I loved it and have learnt a thing or two.
Holá, thanks for the nod. Pretty much unles there are any questions; to recap younger can help in in 2 main ways and a further I didn't actually touch on.

1. Sex - it is rearely mentioned and I actually believe many don't even realise - and it's compounded by myths about women reachin gthewir sexual peak late? - but women' libido as well as starting off from a lower point than mens, tapers more, and is more strategically deployed and tied with child-rearing. Not to mention - something else that goes unsaid - pregnancy can add 10 years to a woman. And kids change their priorities.

2. Status - as important, especially for securing the best partned and maintaining the relationship. Your maturity, proactive nature and forward-thinking are assumed, as is your close attention to your physical health and fitness. The more she respects you, the more comitted to you and to pleasing you she will be. You'll also be better placed to bear the demands of marriage and your wife

3. Siring - earlier childbirth - this is more absolute age as opposed to relative age for 1 & 2 - has a number of benefits. From your wifes fertility, ability and time to recover, to the childs wellbeing. You have a longer time to benifit older generations.

And please note; an exercise culture and consideration to health is something you should be on the lookout for. Just marrying younger is not the only thing. I was aware of this and usually brought it up in discussion. But note, women will respond strategically; either by claiming they have, or absolutely intend too. And often will force it - form/pretend - to seal the deal.

When I found this out I changed tack. No demands or blatant queries- I'd wait for it to naturally come up in conversation, then probe non-specifically. My WTB said she often started at 7am. "Why" I asked? "to use the gym", she replied. This meant she got it. All I need to do is offer encouragement and support - as needed. Forcing it doesn't work, I'm not sure it's actually right?

Marriage can be a huge burden for men - you wake up one day and you've got a couple of screaming kids and a woman who overnight appears to have turned into your mother. And you are slaving away to keep them. You need to be mentally prepared and have properly set expectations. You owe it to yourself to give it the best chance possible to be long-lasting and fulfilling union.

I've always wanted to discuss more the practicalities and not just the theory - which will in any event vary widely based on individual circumstances and desires, and must be tailored accordingly.

The virtues would be a good place to start. Specifically these that benefit pre-marriage & marriage. Courage, patience, empathy, humility, temperance dilligence. The flip side of that coin is of course the vices - anger, lust, pride, sloth etc.

Also discussing the dynamic would be great. How do you effect your headhsip? Is it even a thing in your household? Is it benign, light-touch or very obviously wielded. How would you consider the dynamic between you and your wife. Is it where you'd like it to be? Did it just happen? What can be done to change it.

And perhaps a subset of the above - how to cope with some of changes the transition from bachelor to husband brings, and some of the bigger life events &/or relationship changes once married.

Oya, as the testosterone leads grin!

TV

Think long-term guys, you owe it to yourself! or put another way, "help, I married my mom" grin"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 9:57am On Aug 04, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Tom Cruise Is aging gracefully

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:00am On Aug 04, 2015
The movement is getting stronger
Its not about female education but about freedom to phock around and walk about nudely

YAY

Hundreds of Canadian woman joined a topless protest march after three sisters were allegedly stopped by police for cycling without shirts.

Saturday's "Bare with us" march took place in Waterloo, Ontario. The women say that police told them to cover up whilst cycling in the neighbouring town of Kitchener last month.

They have filed a formal complaint with the police.

It is legal for women to be topless in Ontario after a court ruling in 1996.

Protestors held signs that included the slogans "They are boobs not bombs, chill out" and "Nudity isn't sexual."

The three sisters, Tameera, Nadia and Alysha Mohamed, say that they took their shirts off because it was a hot summer day.

However, they allege that a police officer approached them and told them to cover up. But when they challenged this, the officer said he was stopping them for bike safety reasons.

One of the sisters is an award nominated Canadian singer under her stage name Alysha Brilla.

"I had no idea how polarizing the issue would be. I thought people wouldn't be so disturbed by the female breast," she told CBC news.

"We just want to advocate and let people know that they do have this right," the singer added.

Ontario passed legislation confirming the right of women to go topless in 1996, after the Ontario Court of Appeal overturned a woman's conviction for removing her shirt.

Gwen Jacobs had been fined in 1991, but on appeal the court found that there was "nothing degrading or dehumanising" about her going topless in public

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33750417?post_id=963116777062103_1005640919476355

#FreeTheNip-ple

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ApexTitan(m): 7:51am On Aug 05, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ApexTitan(m): 7:56am On Aug 05, 2015
^ Moral of that story.
Just Alpha up.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
TV01:

Holá, thanks for the nod. Pretty much unles there are any questions; to recap younger can help in in 2 main ways and a further I didn't actually touch on.

1. Sex - it is rearely mentioned and I actually believe many don't even realise - and it's compounded by myths about women reachin gthewir sexual peak late? - but women' libido as well as starting off from a lower point than mens, tapers more, and is more strategically deployed and tied with child-rearing. Not to mention - something else that goes unsaid - pregnancy can add 10 years to a woman. And kids change their priorities.

2. Status - as important, especially for securing the best partned and maintaining the relationship. Your maturity, proactive nature and forward-thinking are assumed, as is your close attention to your physical health and fitness. The more she respects you, the more comitted to you and to pleasing you she will be. You'll also be better placed to bear the demands of marriage and your wife

3. Siring - earlier childbirth - this is more absolute age as opposed to relative age for 1 & 2 - has a number of benefits. From your wifes fertility, ability and time to recover, to the childs wellbeing. You have a longer time to benifit older generations.

And please note; an exercise culture and consideration to health is something you should be on the lookout for. Just marrying younger is not the only thing. I was aware of this and usually brought it up in discussion. But note, women will respond strategically; either by claiming they have, or absolutely intend too. And often will force it - form/pretend - to seal the deal.

When I found this out I changed tack. No demands or blatant queries- I'd wait for it to naturally come up in conversation, then probe non-specifically. My WTB said she often started at 7am. "Why" I asked? "to use the gym", she replied. This meant she got it. All I need to do is offer encouragement and support - as needed. Forcing it doesn't work, I'm not sure it's actually right?

Marriage can be a huge burden for men - you wake up one day and you've got a couple of screaming kids and a woman who overnight appears to have turned into your mother. And you are slaving away to keep them. You need to be mentally prepared and have properly set expectations. You owe it to yourself to give it the best chance possible to be long-lasting and fulfilling union.

I've always wanted to discuss more the practicalities and not just the theory - which will in any event vary widely based on individual circumstances and desires, and must be tailored accordingly.

The virtues would be a good place to start. Specifically these that benefit pre-marriage & marriage. Courage, patience, empathy, humility, temperance dilligence. The flip side of that coin is of course the vices - anger, lust, pride, sloth etc.

Also discussing the dynamic would be great. How do you effect your headhsip? Is it even a thing in your household? Is it benign, light-touch or very obviously wielded. How would you consider the dynamic between you and your wife. Is it where you'd like it to be? Did it just happen? What can be done to change it.

And perhaps a subset of the above - how to cope with some of changes the transition from bachelor to husband brings, and some of the bigger life events &/or relationship changes once married.

TV

Think long-term guys, you owe it to yourself! or put another way, "help, I married my mom" grin"
For some reason I don't know why I can totally relate with the bolded. No questions for now but Insightful post as always cool

Fantasy League anyone? it's my first time and I could do with some tips.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2015
TV01:

TV

bloody hell.....
TV01 is on fire this month.......wifey looking like one's mother is the scariest thought ever for any man.
however, there are some very old women with good genes......at 30, they look fitter and healthier than many women in their late teens. i still think it depends on the individual.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ApexTitan(m): 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
coogar:

bloody hell.....
TV01 is on fire this month.......wifey looking like one's mother is the scariest thought ever for any man.
however, there are some very old women with good genes......at 30, they look fitter and healthier than many women in their late teens i still think it depends on the individual.

Where are you seeing these mystery women? grin

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
An0nimus:
For some reason I don't know why I can totally relate with the bolded. No questions for now but Insightful post as always cool
Fantasy League anyone? it's my first time and I could do with some tips.
Cheers. I always want to - there's one sitting in my inbox now. But I barely keep tabs on my stocks. Don't think I'll be able to keep weekly track of my team picks.

coogar:

bloody hell.....
however, there are some very old women with good genes......at 30, they look fitter and healthier than many women in their late teens. i still think it depends on the individual.
Absolutely, it's a template. I expect individuals to factor accordingly. I didn't apply it to the letter myself. I made some well-considered exceptions for my wife. And some thngs I wouldn't budge on - big items like divorce and smaller ones like tattoos. It's choice.

The Ukranians have a saying; "before you marry a woman check out her mother". I just find it hard to believe any man would rather "just go with their heart", than properly armed with knowledge, understanding, well set expectations and a long-term view.

I thank God, nothing I've encounterd in marriage has fazed me and if I haven't anticipated and had a plan for everything, the right course typically comes easy. I did my groundwork, prep and due dilligence. Set my standards way high prior, and my expectations way low after grin. I'm very happy.

TV

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.