Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:01 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (307014 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
jaybee3:

jaybee3 please i sent TeHN an email. Can you please reply me?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by jaybee3(m): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
bendecida:

jaybee3 please i sent TeHN an email. Can you please reply me?

Are you in Europe?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
Yes
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by jaybee3(m): 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
bendecida:
Yes

We will get back to you

Sorry for the delay
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
Okay.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
Kimoni:

No Jaybee, it's not and shouldn't ever be about competition. Competition is more like we are trying to outdo each other or trying to prove who is better. Not at all.

Again, all this stems from my observation (past and present) - a guy wants someone he can share the bills with (cool) but he doesn't think he should take up more house chores (not cool), and he doesn't want the headship compromised in any way (will that work?).

As per what the woman uses her money for - honestly, I don't think a man should be concerned about that. He should just provide the basics and if she needs to add value to anything, let her do so as she deems fit. A simple example is the school fees/miscellaneous money I gave above.
There was this thread about a lady who wanted to further her studies and also take some prof. exams but she was maintaining a joint account with her husband and he wasn't favorably disposed to it. He would rather used the joint account funds for some white elephant projects and when she insisted, the issues started causing friction in the home and was soon spreading to other areas in the home (she was earning much more than her hubby in this particular case and felt should should be given some freedom to utilize her income). He also started accusing her of not submitting to him. So I think a man should strive to provide the basics and hopefully, his good wife will know how to cover up her man's unclothedness lipsrsealed

Let me start by saying this,i do not believe that men want someone he can share the bill with especially african men,what they want is someone who can support them and not be a liability.

A woman who wants to reach the pick of her career and do it all, needs to weigh her options,You can't have it all.It's either you compromise or you choose one.You want a husband and kids,you need to compromise in every aspects.One who combines a successful career giving her financial independence with an effective motherhood raising a child needs to realise that it is important to understand that both these jobs are extremely demanding, and to do justice to each without neglecting the other is a formidable task.

Do you truly believe there are men that will see their wives overworked and turn a blind eye? Unless he is a beast then we are no longer talking of husbands,lovers,partners. we always talk about house-chores as if we were talking about hard labour or something.We are two adults in the house,both working-what to do?

First a working couples have little time at home,except on weekends.Even with the presence of kids,you can easily try to manage the house without many brouhaha.
This is where her salary will come handy,she can buy every necessary house equipments ranging from(vacuum cleaner,rice cooker,blender,washing machine,dish washer) name it if she thinks it is too much for her.I don't think a husband will have a problem with that and i am very certain he will willingly help grin.Some of these men were raised like that,not an excuse but it's a fact and you don't expect him to change because he has kids and a wife.Women know it,she dated him knowing that,instead of bringing the roof down,why not seek some other alternatives.

I see house-chores as an habit,if you are not use to a messy place-you will clean it.Some women will have no problem saying that they do not like washing clothes or dishes but you expect your husband to like it,because he needs to share house-chores responsibility.It is simple,get a washing machine,that will do.
I always say it,there is no way one will do house-chores around the clock,it is impossible.Unless you both are pigs.Women are good at multitasking,even if you are not-you can always organise your chores especially when you work.

I noticed my dad is not good with chores but one thing you can't take away from him is organisation.The man clothes and bedroom are neat any day ,any time.He takes time folding,ironing his clothes.he can't stand a piece of paper or anything on the floor.There is always something good they do and don't compromise. Many of the stories we read here are just dramatised to make it look like women are being enslaved. Kimoni do you really think that a child will be crying and disturbing the mother while cooking,the man will comfortably sits on a sofa and enjoys his soccer without enquiring or helping?Unless the baby needs food,he will gladly pick that baby until the woman finishes whatever she is doing.If you ask me,that was before not presently.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Truckpusher(m): 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
edwife:

Let me start by saying this,i do not believe that men wants someone he can share the bill with especially african men,what they want is someone who can support them and not be a liability.

A woman who wants to reach the pick of her carreer and do it all needs to weigh her options,You can't have it all.It either you compromise or you choose one.You want a husband and kids,you need to compromise in every aspects.One who combines a successful career giving her financial independence with an effective motherhood raising a child needs to realise that it is important to understand that both these jobs are extremely demanding, and to do justice to each without neglecting the other is a formidable task.

Do you truly believe there are men that will see their wives overworked and turn a blind eye? Unless he is a beast then we are no longer talking of husbands,lovers,partners. we always talk about house-chores as if we were talking about hard labour or something.We are two adults in the house,both working-what to do?

First a working couples have little time at home,except on weekends.Even with the presence of kids,you can easily try to manage the house without many brouhaha.
This is where her salary will come handy,she can buy every necessary house equipments ranging from(vacuum cleaner,rice cooker,blender,washing machine,dish washer) name it if she thinks it is too much for her.I don't think a husband will have a problem with that and i am very certain he will willingly help grin.Some of these men where raised like that,not an excuse but it's a fact and you don't expect him to change because he has kids and a wife.Women know it,she dated him knowing that,instead of bringing the roof down,why not seek some other alternatives.

I see housechores as an habit,if you are not use to a messy place-you will clean it.Some women will have no problem saying that they do not like washing clothes or dishes but you expect your husband to like it,because he needs to share house-chores responsibility.It is simple,get a washing machine,that will do.
I always say it,there is no way one will do house-chores around the clock,it is impossible.Unless you both are pigs.Women are good at multitasking,even if you are not-you can always organise your chores especially when you work.

I noticed my dad is not good with chores but one thing you can't take away from him is organisation.The man clothes and bedroom is neat any day ,any time.He takes time folding,ironing his clothes.he can't stand a piece of paper or anything on the floor.There is always something good they do and don't compromise. Many of the stories we read here are just dramatise to make it look like women are being enslaved. Kimoni do you really think that a child will be crying and disturbing the mother while cooking,the man will comfortably sits on a sofa and enjoys his soccer without enquiring or helping?Unless the baby needs food,he will gladly pick that baby until the woman finish whatever she is doing.If you ask me,that was before not presently.

Hmmmm....

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
Hmmmm....

Trucky thanks.... cheesy let me answer your mention,i can see you are looking for my trouble... grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Truckpusher(m): 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
edwife:

Trucky thanks.... cheesy let me answer your mention,i can see you are looking for my trouble... grin
Honestly , I was really wowed by your comment.

With people like you around we do have hope that all hope is not lost completely for humanity when it comes to the union between a man and a woman.

Well, that mention earlier was strictly for trouble mood activation. grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
Kimoni:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Coogar, you sound like you are truly tired and angry. I don't even know how to respond to this cheesy
Lemme give you some time to calm down

Okay, how mothers coped because they were not expected/mandated like we do now to contribute financially to the running of the home. Even if they were in any minor or major business/career, the income was spent strictly at their discretion. I can't remember asking my mother for my school fees or giving her the NEPA bills, it went straight to my dad. But I remember going to her for any money that involved school excursion, cultural day, send forth party, end of the year party and all other miscellaneous expenses. I didn't even have the liver to go to my dad for such things undecided but clearly, that ain't the case anymore. That's the difference Coogar. Things have changed significantly on that level but not so much in the home angry

things haven't changed.
women worked in the days of our parents as well even though i can agree men still shouldered the bulk of the expenses. these days, more women are working and men still shoulder more responsibilities than the women. women still get to keep the bulk of their salaries for their own selfish purposes while using their favourite slogan...."ain't you the man of the house?" the only difference i see is that women have become more smarter to scheme men and squeeze his pockets till the last penny drops out of it.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
edwife

Super!

I am still trying to understand the chores that make some sore on this forum undecided
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
pickabeau1:
edwife

Super!

I am still trying to understand the chores that make some sore on this forum undecided

cooking food for themselves and their own children is a chore.
cleaning after themselves is a chore.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
Hmmmm....

undecidedYou clearly didn't grow up in Nigeria.

@edwife, That was a great piece evidently, you grew in a great home and luckily you got married to a great man. Your home is not the same as of most homes in Nigeria. There are men who treat their wives like that. Please be practical for once.

I have a great home too but I also saw a lot around me while I was growing up. My family life has not hindered me from knowing what goes o in‘ most' Nigerian homes.

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Truckpusher(m): 8:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
oreos:

@edwife, That was a great piece evidently, you grew in a great home and luckily you got married to a great man. Your home is not the same as of most homes in Nigeria. There are men who treat their wives like that. Please be practical for once.

I have a great home too but I also saw a lot around me while I was growing up. My family life has not hindered me from knowing what goes o in‘ most' Nigerian homes.
What edwife did was being just fair to good Nigerian men out there and not some ladies that prolly grew up in a bad home thereby using their experience to make a blanket statement about all Nigerian men and how they run their homes.In fact from my own experience with people of different nationality and races, Nigerian men are top providers and helps out constantly with harder chores depending on their level of income ,education and income even as they clearly posses their own demons too.

It is now left for you people to choose wisely after all they no longer coerce women into marriages these days, but again we do see ya'all run after animals just because they have the green back and can make it rain.

FYI: I was born,bred and buttered in naija - No transfer, No leave. tongue grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
Hmm...Edwife...a rare specie.

Expect that "niggar" on your tail soon though.....lmao!!!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
coogar:

cooking food for themselves and their own children is a chore.
cleaning after themselves is a chore.

Some of them even say sending kids to school is not the prerogative of the woman
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 8:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
pickabeau1:

Some of them even say sending kids to school is not the prerogative of the woman

Hehehehe

Some people can super-form online!!!

Claiming sh*t that is not real or practical!!

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
As in ....

I wonder

grin
RoyalRoy:

Hehehehe

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
What edwife did was being just fair to good Nigerian men out there and not some ladies that prolly grew up in a bad home thereby using their experience to make a blanket statement about all Nigerian men and how they run their homes.In fact from my own experience with people of different nationality and races, Nigerian men are top providers and helps out constantly with harder chores depending on their level of income ,education and income even as they clearly posses their own demons too.

It is now left for you people to choose wisely after all they no longer coerce women into marriages these days, but again we do see ya'all run after animals just because they have the green back and can make it rain.

FYI: I was born,bred and buttered in naija - No transfer, No leave. tongue grin

I agree with the bolded. We have great Nigerian family men out there. I don't quite agree with the second part of that paragraph. Maybe it is a cultural thing, but I have witnessed enough.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Truckpusher(m): 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
pickabeau1:

Any one of the parents can send their kids to school depending on their different schedules.

Most of these women that are making noises here are simply lazy girls that wants to hide under the cover of equality to mask their lazy nature - Why not show yourself completely and stop pretending to your man ,after all I know some men that does everything for their wives simply because they understood that she is simply lazy but they love their women and it's not a crime to be lazy and I have also seen men that their wives clean up after them like kids because she knew that he's a lazy dude and so they compliment each other somehow ....Isn't that what marriage was meant for ? Tolerance and compliment? grin

cc
edwife..
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Truckpusher(m): 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Hehehehe

They aren't forming o.

Some of these ladies in their early and mid 20s can't mix for you a perfect hot water.

They are so lazy that after one week with them you'd be forced to tell them point blank that you're out and they would be like ' another dude is hot on my trail' undecided
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
oreos:

Thank you.
I didn't say they aren't people like that,of course even in the West we have women who go trough abuse.What i am conveying is, it is not as we read here on NL everyday,that a woman is a slave or something,that chores are hard labour that men put women through.Some of those stories might have happened once but they will make it look like it is an ongoing situation.

Some of these women are even housewives but expect the man to still share 50% chores with them while he spends his dime on her which is no problem but why will it be a problem for a man you claim to love?

If you love cooking or home meals,how is it a problem cooking for two?If you can't stand dirt or untidiness how is it a problem cleaning?Another aspect is how many Nigerians who can not afford maids live in mansions that they have a problem cleaning or tidying up?

My dear the truth is many of these ladies will not admit that they just want a HUSBAND,they don't care about little things as long as they get the ring and the MRS title.Choose well and choose your battles.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Truckpusher(m): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2015
oreos:

I agree with the bolded. We have great Nigerian family men out there. I don't quite agree with the second part of that paragraph. Maybe it is a cultural thing, but I have witnessed enough.

How many of these folks are actually exposed and educated like you are.

Compare these folks to your own parents ,did you notice any difference in ideology and level of exposure?

If you can outline these basic factors and scrutinize their level of ignorance compared to their level of exposure,just then you'd learn how to cut them some slack and not use them as a yardstick to measure an entire society that has undergone a lot of cultural changes in the last 10 yrs. grin

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
jaybee3:

I don't think men go into marriages because they are looking for someone to share the financial burden.

Heck, the union obviously starts with just the two people thereby making it a continuation of the dating/courtship phase.
The curve ball usually gets thrown in once they start procreating hence providing an unpredictable financial scenario whereby projections may not work in tandem with reality on ground hence the somewhat necessity to seek financial support from the one person that has equal stake in the success of the union

It's just very dangerous not taking into account the real possibility of the woman easily being the biggest earner in the family and thus creating unnecessary stress and invented problems if the man according to you should always be the provider of basics. As you can imagine such scenario will bring unhealthy competition, hatred and distrust into the relationship.

@ the bolded - Jaybee, let's not concentrate only on one side of the equation. Infact, It's the other side I am more concerned about. Like I said earlier, even if you have the mind of splitting the bills, is there also a plan to take up a commensurate portion of the house chores? Or do we suddenly revert to the traditional model at this stage?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
Any one of the parents can send their kids to school depending on their different schedules.

Most of these women that are making noises here are simply lazy girls that wants to hide under the cover of equality to mask their lazy nature - Why not show yourself completely and stop pretending to your man ,after all I know some men that does everything for their wives simply because they understood that she is simply lazy but they love their women and it's not a crime to be lazy and I have also seen men that their wives clean up after them like kids because she knew that he's a lazy dude and so they compliment each other somehow ....Isn't that what marriage was meant for ? Tolerance and compliment? grin

cc
edwife..

gringrin trucky you are a trouble maker for real.But you are right,some men don't mind such girls.One of my bro married a woman who didn't know how to cook but she learned with time and cooks like there is no tomorrow.She even volunteered to spend 2 months as a married woman with my mum,but many will not agree to this-they are too big for that. undecided
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
pickabeau1:
edwife

Super!

RoyalRoy:

Hmm...Edwife...a rare specie.
Expect that "niggar" on your tail soon though.....lmao!!!

Thanks guys.... smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by jaybee3(m): 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
Kimoni:

@ the bolded - Jaybee, let's not concentrate only on one side of the equation. Infact, It's the other side I am more concerned about. Like I said earlier, even if you have the mind of splitting the bills, is there also a plan to take up a commensurate portion of the house chores? Or do we suddenly revert to the traditional model at this stage?

We actually don't split bills but employ adopt a formula where i take care of the core bills and she handles the rest. It probably works out to 70:30 or there about

The chores are evenly split
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Truckpusher(m): 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
Kimoni:

What's wrong with the traditional old way ma'am?

I hope you're not mistaken the ideology being promoted by chauvinistic men for your traditional old way?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Truckpusher(m): 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
edwife:

gringrin trucky you are a trouble maker for real.But you are right,some men don't mind such girls.One of my bro married a woman who didn't know how to cook but she learned with time and cooks like there is no tomorrow.She even volunteered to spend 2 months as a married woman with my mum,but many will not agree to this-they are too big for that. undecided
I'm not a trouble maker ,I just love saying things without using any cosmetic approach and I also wish to be addressed in such manner if I err. cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
How many of these folks are actually exposed and educated like you are.

Compare these folks to your own parents ,did you notice any difference in ideology and level of exposure?

If you can outline these basic factors and scrutinize their level of ignorance compared to their level of exposure,just then you'd learn how to cut them some slack and not use them as a yardstick to measure an entire society that has undergone a lot of cultural changes in the last 10 yrs. grin

Okay....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Truckpusher(m): 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
oreos:

Okay....
cheesy grin grin

Never seen you give up - Stand up and fight jare. grin cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
cheesy grin grin

Never seen you give up - Stand up and fight jare. grin cheesy

You know that is not true.

I am not really against the traditional approach however I believe that flexibility is the key. Some men have refused to be flexible when needed (educated o). Also, I am not supporting selfish women, there is nothing demeaning about house chores. My problem is with men who consider house chores demeaning to their status.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.