Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (304141 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 7:26am On Apr 30, 2016
Billz is a punk, is the most important thing to note in all of this.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 8:02am On Apr 30, 2016
freecocoa:
Billz is a punk, is the most important thing to note in all of this.

gringrin

I must admit he is but tiwa is worse just because she knew he was a punk and went ahead to marry him. We will never know her part in all this, she never admitted to any wrong doing except that she made a mistake.

kimoni babes you made some points but still she is not totally out of blame.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 8:14am On Apr 30, 2016
edwife:

gringrin

I must admit he is but tiwa is worse just because she knew he was a punk and went ahead to marry him. We will never know her part in all this, she never admitted to any wrong doing except that she made a mistake.

kimoni babes you made some points but still she is not totally out of blame.
Is "worse" the befitting title? What if she didn't really know? I think we should just say she was a bit f00lish.

Well, if what he accused her of, isn't true, you don't expect her to admit, do you? I think it's very clear who the top liar here is. Tiwa definitely will have her faults but for this guy to pull that kinda stunt, he is the best asshole coming from naija in recent times. grin

5 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2016
freecocoa:
Is "worse" the befitting title? What if she didn't really know? I think we should just say she was a bit f00lish.

Well, if what he accused her of, isn't true, you don't expect her to admit, do you? I think it's very clear who the top liar here is. Tiwa definitely will have her faults but for this guy to pull that kinda stunt, he is the best asshole coming from naija in recent times. grin

A bit foolish? yeah right she's a woman and she was in love,innit? grin Of course I don't expect her to admit it,who will? grin
She knew frecoco, she admitted being told by friends that she was making a big mistake. He is a big asshole quite alright but also we tend to dismiss anything associated with depression.

I admit the suicide was for a show but the guy is definitely depressed,who wouldn't be in his shoes? The guy is annoying because he is an LA hustler dammit! He could have done something with his life, he had plenty opportunities and he used none!

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 8:35am On Apr 30, 2016
edwife:

A bit foolish? yeah right she's a woman and she was in love,innit? grin Of course I don't expect her to admit it,who will? grin
She knew frecoco, she admitted being told by friends that she was making a big mistake. He is a big asshole quite alright but also we tend to dismiss anything associated with depression.

I admit the suicide was for a show but the guy is definitely depressed,who wouldn't be in his shoes? The guy is annoying because he is an LA hustler dammit! He could have done something with his life, he had plenty opportunities and he used none!
Nah, it's not because she's a woman and was in love, I didn't insinuate that na, that is why I said she was a bit f00lish for marrying him, plus, marrying a punk doesn't make you a bad person or worse than the punk, it only means you are Stup1d, like I already said.

Well, it's hard to empathise with him now that he's shown himself to be manipulative and vindictive. Whose fault is it that he decided to end up the way he did? He should take responsibility and quit whining like a b1tch.

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 30, 2016
Must have been some erm goodass dickk tho. For Tiwa to ignore all the warning signs, and to put up with it for so long.

DK has no chill in this. Dunno what horror stories he has seen in the oil bust.

I agree that money patcheth most wounds.

The story is more common than you think in naija tho. Hubbies flossing with madams car, or even chancing her outright, and madam playing along to keep the peace.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 10:34am On Apr 30, 2016
raumdeuter:

All those additional were maggi to make it sweeter.

The guy wanted a meal ticket for life because he raised her up and she declined, I dont blame her for this but all the mud slinging from both sides the maggi and salt. I want to commit suicide she slept with everyone she did this and that .

Some of the allegations from both sides might be true but thats not the reason they are divorcing.

Tiwa knows Teebillz smokes drinks, womanizes, sniffs and likes the good life and she wouldnt have had a problem with that if he wasn't broke

Teebillz knows Tiwa wasnt going to cook or dote on him like other women, she probably have had a few sexual partners in the industry and whatever but all that wouldnt be a problem if he was given unrestricted access to her money

Its like a rich man wants to divorce a leeching wife

The wife starts: My husband beats me, he sleeps with my friends, he take drugs he owes people
The husband: My wife is a slut, she sleeps with everyone, she is a bad cook, she tried to kill me once

All those are sympathy seeking and trying to find justification for the main issue. "I want your money, I cant give you my money."

MINT!!

You have summarized it

Why all the crocodile tears
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 11:01am On Apr 30, 2016
oyb:
Must have been some erm goodass dickk tho. For Tiwa to ignore all the warning signs, and to put up with it for so long.

DK has no chill in this. Dunno what horror stories he has seen in the oil bust.

I agree that money patcheth most wounds.

The story is more common than you think in naija tho. Hubbies flossing with madams car, or even chancing her outright, and madam playing along to keep the peace.

Cc anonimus
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 11:05am On Apr 30, 2016
pickabeau1:

MINT!!

You have summarized it

And it's crocodile tears because?

You, I actually missed, nice to see you.cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 11:11am On Apr 30, 2016
pickabeau1:

MINT!!

You have summarized it

Pick, can you recognize crocodile tears from a woman when you see it? Trust me you can't. A fellow woman will recognize better.

Edwife - she admitted her mistakes already but there is a certain fulfillment you get when you follow you heart in taking an action, even if it fails, you'll be satisfied it's your decision. Something tells me they will get through it. I pray they do.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 11:15am On Apr 30, 2016
Mindfulness - I agree there's an element of luck needed in marriage, or grace as I prefer to call it. Because you can predict you but can never fully predict how the other person will turn out even after taking extreme precautions in choosing a compatible partner. #mythots

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 11:19am On Apr 30, 2016
Kimoni:

Cc anonimus

Nah the madam plays along to keep appearance."married woman". smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2016
Kimoni:

Pick, can you recognize crocodile tears from a woman when you see it? Trust me you can't. A fellow woman will recognize better.

Edwife - she admitted her mistakes already but there is a certain fulfillment you get when you follow you heart in taking an action, even if it fails, you'll be satisfied it's your decision. Something tells me they will get through it. I pray they do.

As a fellow woman i recognize that she was indeed shedding crocodile tears. The scarf,no make up,the innocent look...... grin

I am not saying the guy isn't a douchebag. wink

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 30, 2016
raumdeuter:

All those additional were maggi to make it sweeter.

The guy wanted a meal ticket for life because he raised her up and she declined, I dont blame her for this but all the mud slinging from both sides the maggi and salt. I want to commit suicide she slept with everyone she did this and that .

Some of the allegations from both sides might be true but thats not the reason they are divorcing.

Tiwa knows Teebillz smokes drinks, womanizes, sniffs and likes the good life and she wouldnt have had a problem with that if he wasn't broke

Teebillz knows Tiwa wasnt going to cook or dote on him like other women, she probably have had a few sexual partners in the industry and whatever but all that wouldnt be a problem if he was given unrestricted access to her money

Its like a rich man wants to divorce a leeching wife

The wife starts: My husband beats me, he sleeps with my friends, he take drugs he owes people
The husband: My wife is a slut, she sleeps with everyone, she is a bad cook, she tried to kill me once

All those are sympathy seeking and trying to find justification for the main issue. "I want your money, I cant give you my money."

I understand where you are coming from because I remember the threads on which women were complaining that their husbands / boyfriends don't shower them with gifts. I was quite surprised to read some of the comments there, even coming from people I didn't expect would make such comments. So it is true that to a lot of women money is THE FIRST PRIORITY when it comes to mating BUT the Tiwa case MAY be different. And I think that we should give her the benefit of doubt here since money is not an issue in her life. The reason why is that I have seen women who stood by their husbands in difficult times until it became unbearable for them. The reason why it became unbearable is not because of money but because of the husband's attitude that changed due to his struggle. Many men who struggle financially due to unemployment suffer from depression, start drinking or taking in other substances. Being around them resembles walking through a mine field, what Tiwa described as "walking on egg shells".

And as TV01 and Crackhaus have correctly pointed out, there are other attributes that can make a man an alpha male to a particular woman. It can be looks, intellect or even s.exual performance (women are not easily satisfied so a good lover is sometimes of high value to them).

Now I understand that in the Nigerian context, attributes such as good looks, intellect or the likes are less valued by women but it doesn't mean that ALL Nigerian women value money above all and I can imagine what she went through with him behaving like he did.

It is obvious that he has serious mental issues. His reactions are way beyond what a sane person would do. And I refer to the reaction he showed for the whole world to see. I wouldn't want to live with him in one house and what she says matches what he showed. Now I am not judging him. It's actually quite sad and I do not wish anyone to feel the desperation he must be feeling BUT I also do not expect any woman to have the strength to cope with such. Some can, others cannot.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 30, 2016
Kimoni:
Mindfulness - I agree there's an element of luck needed in marriage, or grace as I prefer to call it. Because you can predict you but can never fully predict how the other person will turn out even after taking extreme precautions in choosing a compatible partner. #mythots

You can predict a nice picnic but you can't predict the weather. wink

In Outcast voices: I am sorry Ms Jackson. cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 11:40am On Apr 30, 2016
freecocoa:
And it's crocodile tears because?

You, I actually missed, nice to see you.cheesy

Ma'am..good to hear from you too wink
No one is blameless in any issue

He has not changed
He did not start using cocaine today
Neither was he a spendthrift today
She knew all that

She is focused on career and not domestic stuff
She did not change

What changed was he had no money and she has it

Simple

Kimoni:

She's trying to manage the narrative
All the fake ish
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Kimoni:

get through it, as in like, reconcile?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 11:50am On Apr 30, 2016
edwife:

As a fellow woman i recognize that she was indeed shedding crocodile tears. The scarf,no make up,the innocent look...... grin

I am not saying the guy isn't a douchebag. wink
Haba! Wife of ed, you are mean today o.grin

You think Tiwa isn't truly hurt in all this? Even if she is the proverbial jezebel sef, thinking of what people are saying about her is enough to make her cry.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2016
pickabeau1:

Ma'am..good to hear from you too wink
No one is blameless in any issue

He has not changed
He did not start using cocaine today
Neither was he a spendthrift today
She knew all that

She is focused on career and not domestic stuff
She did not change

Simple

People can be blameless in issues pick, there's no way you don't know that. grin not saying Tiwa is, though.

But you don't know that Tiwa knew he was taking cocaine, even if he didn't start 'today'.

You thinking that she has more money and that's the problem, doesn't make it true.

Teebillz is mentally unstable, that is the problem. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 12:01pm On Apr 30, 2016
The Internet never forgets and I don't get why the attention seeking T bills had to start with the whole social media thing undecided

So Jamil grows up and all the foot prints on on the Internet about dad/mum is dad calling mum a ho and grandma a witch and mum calling dad a fraudster, debtor,junkie etc

Just shaking my head. undecided

Kimoni you raised a lot of valid /interesting points which about the whole women being the breadwinner thing. And all I could deduce from the guys comments was guys should do everything to guard against it being a permanent situation. Funny enough it's an issue that's not wholly Nigerian/black as even western marriages with the same dynamics have the same issues . See this article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/11279824/Female-breadwinners-why-earning-more-can-poison-a-marriage.html

I personally know a white British couple where the guy was a stay at home dad and is now a proper alcoholic(you know those types you see drinking can beer on park benches that look homeless ) after the divorce. The guy just sits in the park next to school and if not that my daughter said 'mummy see jakes dad' I for avoid am cos he looked like a tramp embarassed

In as much as we can blame the woman's 'attitude' there must be something that the men too must do to accept responsibility for their actions. Loads of stay at home mums are disrespected /ridiculed/shamed by their spouses for not earning money but for some reason they never go down the same sharp often self destructive paths the men tend to go down.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2016
freecocoa:
Haba! Wife of ed, you are mean today o.grin

You think Tiwa isn't truly hurt in all this? Even if she is the proverbial jezebel sef, thinking of what people are saying about her is enough to make her cry.

gringrin I am not, just stating the truth.

I know she is hurt, I will be. She made countless snapchats same day she made that interview promoting her new song. She didn't appear "mourning" .We can all agree that she needed to do it for sympathy.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
freecocoa:
People can be blameless in issues pick, there's no way you don't know that. grin not saying Tiwa is, though.

But you don't know that Tiwa knew he was taking cocaine, even if he didn't start 'today'.

You thinking that she has more money and that's the problem, doesn't make it true.

Teebillz is mentally unstable, that is the problem. grin

Hmmm....Ok

Tiwa is managing d narrative to garner sympathy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
damiso:
The Internet never forgets and I don't get why the attention seeking T bills had to start with the whole social media thing undecided

So Jamil grows up and all the foot prints on on the Internet about dad/mum is dad calling mum a ho and grandma a witch and mum calling dad a fraudster, debtor,junkie etc

Just shaking my head. undecided

Kimoni you raised a lot of valid /interesting points which about the whole women being the breadwinner thing. And all I could deduce from the guys comments was guys should do everything to guard against it being a permanent situation. Funny enough it's an issue that's not wholly Nigerian/black as even western marriages with the same dynamics have the same issues . See this article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/11279824/Female-breadwinners-why-earning-more-can-poison-a-marriage.html

I personally know a white British couple where the guy was a stay at home dad and is now a proper alcoholic(you know those types you see drinking can beer on park benches that look homeless ) after the divorce. The guy just sits in the park next to school and if not that my daughter said 'mummy see jakes dad' I for avoid am cos he looked like a tramp embarassed

In as much as we can blame the woman's 'attitude' there must be something that the men too must do to accept responsibility for their actions. Loads of stay at home mums are disrespected /ridiculed/shamed by their spouses for not earning money but for some reason they never go down the same sharp often self destructive paths the men tend to go down.

This is one of the best comments there, and I share the sentiment.

The chickens have finally come home to roost! For centuries men have been the breadwinners and women have tended home and children. Any money she spent came from his salary. I cannot remember a single instance of a man complaining that he had to buy his own presents because it used to be the normal state of affairs. Now the girls face the same "problem" - Oh dear. You wanted to play with the big "boys" - don't be surprised that you have pay the game fees.
Yes!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
pickabeau1:

Hmmm....Ok

Tiwa is managing d narrative to garner sympathy

Teebillz set the ball rolling, two can play at that game.grin

Really though, many women go and are still going through what I believe she did, the babe needs all the sympathy she can get.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
freecocoa:
Teebillz set the ball rolling, two can play at that game.grin

Really though, many women go and are still going through what I believe she did, the babe needs all the sympathy she can get.

Now you are not being objective...look at the issue at its own merit

Is tiwa many women
Did she not know what she was getting into
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2016
edwife:

gringrin I am not, just stating the truth.

I know she is hurt, I will be. She made countless snapchats same day she made that interview promoting her new song. She didn't appear "mourning" .We can all agree that she needed to do it for sympathy.
Because she was trying to keep up appearances, we prolly won't have known what's been happening, had the cry baby(Billz) not spilled.

You certainly can't blame the babe for wanting to keep her sh1t private.

It's best we all agree she is hurt, like anyone in her shoes will be.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2016
pickabeau1:

Now you are not being objective...look at the issue at its own merit

Is tiwa many women
Did she not know what she was getting into
I don't know how you think she can tell the future.

Let's assume Billz was all bad when she met him and with the heart being the way it can be in matters relating to love(sometimes, it just want what it wants, it's left for you as a person to apply head too)Tiwa took a chance with him.

How do you know that Billz didn't put up an act, claiming he is a changed man, leading her to believe in him, only to prove he is nothing but a liar later on? After all, everyone deserves a chance at happiness, are you now blaming Tiwa for giving a bro benefit of the doubt?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
freecocoa:

Let's assume Billz was all bad when she met him and with the heart being the way it can be in matters relating to love(sometimes, it just want what it wants, it's left for you as a person to apply head too)Tiwa took a chance with him.

How do you know that Billz didn't put up an act, claiming he is a changed man, leading her to believe in him, only to prove he is nothing but a liar later on? After all, everyone deserves a chance at happiness, are you now blaming Tiwa for giving a bro benefit of the doubt?

Hmmm...You have a point
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 2:02pm On Apr 30, 2016
pickabeau1:

Hmmm...You have a point
I sure do. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Bolade005: 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2016
freecocoa:

Oh then if Tiwa gave him a chance thinking he is a changed man despite knowing all those things about him then she is indeed what everyone has been calling her, STUP*D. She thinks a junkie, an alcoholic and a womaniser can change for love? Smh, it was all about the money for TB.

Free, stop trying to defend the indefensible. Really, Tiwa is an idiot. And yh that tears she was shedding in that video is indeed crocodile tears. Twas just for the camera.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 3:34pm On Apr 30, 2016
Bolade005:

Oh then if Tiwa gave him a chance thinking he is a changed man despite knowing all those things about him then she is indeed what everyone has been calling her, STUP*D. She thinks a junkie, an alcoholic and a womaniser can change for love? Smh, it was all about the money for TB.

Free, stop trying to defend the indefensible. Really, Tiwa is an idiot. And yh that tears she was shedding in that video is indeed crocodile tears. Twas just for the camera.
I already agreed she's Stup1d and I ain't defending her stupidity, just saying she can hurt too.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 3:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
An0nimus:
@TV

she married for love, she is also divorcing for love.
Abi grin Love being a synonym for fee-lings,,,if it tingles do it girl...

pickabeau1:

Simple

...simple and burriful. What changed was "status" - or levels as we might say idiomatically. Plus she was rolling with guys that had way more Alpha going on for them...

'Sup Pick? How far?

TV

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.