Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (304092 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ihedinobi2: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
@pickabeau1, who says he expects a different result?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nashville:

United that Lost to Leicester City!

that's why the game is beautiful. chelsea beat liverpool & city last season but then lost to crystal palace & sunderland. grin

i bet you weren't laughing when you lost the title last season as you failed to beat teams whose total cost of their squad is less than the £50m you paid to sign torres. cheesy

now, that's funny!

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
coogar:

that's why the game is beautiful. chelsea beat liverpool & city last season but then lost to crystal palace & sunderland. grin

i bet you weren't laughing when you lost the title last season as you failed to beat teams whose total cost of their squad is less than the £50m you paid to sign torres. cheesy

now, that's funny!

LOL.....

ihedinobi2:
@pickabeau1, who says he expects a different result?

Wenger...without reinforcements in the middle of the park expects to win the premiership... Weird man
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2014
pickabeau1:

LOL.....

Wenger...without reinforcements in the middle of the park expects to win the premiership... Weird man

Wenger is a weird man.... He does the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.. Quite sad!!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Wenger is a weird man.... He does the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.. Quite sad!!

I tire...Lol

Yet he has some people who believe in him.. Even more sad
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by SAMBARRY: 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
Mr man ya attention is needed

RoyalRoy:

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
Chairmen dem...maximum hailings!

you guys should come and help me o...what is the purpose of a proposal? is it not to tell a girl you want to marry her ni? do I necessarily have to buy a ring and go down on one knee? what if I have arthritis nko? grin

If you ask me, once you determine that you're willing to spend the rest of your life with someone and communicate same to the person, you're as good as engaged, or am I missing something?

One of my lunatic friends said you should spend 3 months salary on engagement ring (the joker is obviously not close to getting married...lol). If you see as my mind just dey do the maths as im dey misyarn ehn...smh.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
The major issue is that ladies want to show off with something...hence the engagement ring which is not our tradition

And as anything ladies accessory wise, they want to show off with their friends

its a waste of money and time and can be even a determinant of a ladies maturity level and her ability to withstand peer pressure

The proposal is good.. the issue is that it goes with a ring....if only one could propose without a ring

Let me call a dude.. Tallesty1

netotse:

you guys should come and help me o...what is the purpose of a proposal? is it not to tell a girl you want to marry her ni? do I necessarily have to buy a ring and go down on one knee? what if I have arthritis nko? grin

If you ask me, once you determine that you're willing to spend the rest of your life with someone and communicate same to the person, you're as good as engaged, or am I missing something?

One of my lunatic friends said you should spend 3 months salary on engagement ring (the joker is obviously not close to getting married...lol). If you see as my mind just dey do the maths as im dey misyarn ehn...smh.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
netotse:

Three months salary is ridiculous to spend on a ring. Even in the U.S, the rule is one month salary and that for me is maximum o. You know what you can afford, so stick to it. Don't do more and don't do less.

As for the proposal; if you think your wife wants the whole romance thing; please do it. Make her happy. Go down on one knee and make a big deal out of it, so that she can have a good story to tell her friends about how romantic you are. Abi na.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Tallesty1(m): 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
pickabeau1:
The major issue is that ladies want to show off with something...hence the engagement ring which is not our tradition

And as anything ladies accessory wise, they want to show off with their friends

its a waste of money and time and can be even a determinant of a ladies maturity level and her ability to withstand peer pressure

The proposal is good.. the issue is that it goes with a ring....if only one could propose without a ring

Let me call a dude.. Tallesty1

*sighs*.

My dear............

I will not wear any girl an engagement ring.

Neither will I kneel down to propose to her.

If that is the only way to make a girl feel loved then i'm sorry............
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
Tallesty1:
*sighs*.

I will not wear any girl an engagement ring.

Neither will I kneel down to propose to her.

So how will u propose to a lady

The ring is a white man ting but our girls love it

Welcome to the boyz room

PS I'm a dude
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
netotse:

3 months fah? shocked
25% annual undecided
what can I say?

if you know getting a meaningful ring (biko, no 3 months salary) and going on one knee is gonna make her head swell, just do it! She'll most likely get engaged once.....your knee isn't gonna break (it's just a lil something to make your lover smile)

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
pickabeau1:

PS I'm a dude

prove it tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Tallesty1(m): 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
pickabeau1:

So how will u propose to a lady

The ring is a white man ting but our girls love it

Welcome to the boyz room

PS I'm a dude
This proposing thingy is mainly for those that are dating/courting and I don't date.

Hard to believe.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 8:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
@Aluta and Nash
I tire o...even that one month sef...I still dey reason am, so them go pay me salary one month and I go just carry the money go buy ring...ontop wetin na?

The kneeling down part I get...pictures of the act...hell no!

Oya...my seniors in the biz...make una come begin dey cast una selves one by one...how did you propose?

TV01 , pickabeau1, Nashville, bellong. Ladies, how did your oga propose?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
netotse:
@Aluta and Nash
I tire o...even that one month sef...I still dey reason am, so them go pay me salary one month and I go just carry the money go buy ring...ontop wetin na?

Oya...my seniors in the biz...make una come begin dey cast una selves one by one...how did you propose?

To say the truth, I dunno why a particular percentage would be allocated, really!
Just buy something that fits...you know wink (status, worth etc)
Even if it's 1/10th of your salary.
Why pouring a whole month salary on top ring?

And you must to take pictures jor tongue
what would she put on facebook? undecided
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
netotse:

I no be chairman but chairlady cheesy

Even you talk engagement ring, do you mean the ring to be worn till the wedding day (i.e. getting a new set for the wedding) or the engagement ring will double as one of the rings for the wedding?

As for your lady, it depends on what tickles her fancy; if she wants a proposal, buy an inexpensive ring, throw it in her cup of wine at an eatery/ hire police to do roadblock/take her to sambisa forest and propose on one knee. In case of arthritis; lie down instead grin In essence, learn what she wants and do something to fit into your pocket.

Still waiting on answer on the purpose of the ring
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
The engagement ring is something you should buy at your discretion. At least the girl "is not supposed to know before hand" that you wanna propose. So why should she be "choosing" the quality and price range of her engagement ring?

I know what my girl is worth, I know what I am worth... I will do what is right by me...not what the world thinks.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
alutacontinua:

3 months fah? shocked
25% annual undecided
what can I say?

if you know getting a meaningful ring (biko, no 3 months salary) and going on one knee is gonna make her head swell, just do it! She'll most likely get engaged once.....your knee isn't gonna break (it's just a lil something to make your lover smile)

I love this dude.... #noHomo

cool cool cool
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
RoyalRoy:

I love this dude.... #noHomo

cool cool cool

same here kiss
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
RoyalRoy:
The engagement ring is something you should buy at your discretion. At least the girl "is not supposed to know before hand" that you wanna propose. So why should she be "choosing" the quality and price range of her engagement ring?

I know what my girl is worth, I know what I am worth... I will do what is right by me...not what the world thinks.

LOL!

RoyalRoy don vex grin

I have heard some ladies now tell their guys the kind of the ring they want and the preferred jeweler cheesy

If the engagement ring is what I think it is, then I do not know why a lot should be spent on it.

I don't even know where mine is anymore. ( Maybe lost in transit)

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
alutacontinua:

prove it tongue

Trouble maker... tongue
Tallesty1:
This proposing thingy is mainly for those that are dating/courting and I don't date.
Hard to believe.

So if u don't date...how will u know d babe
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
@Bukatyne
Dont most females have two rings? one for engagement and the main one you exchange on the wedding day na abi another one dey?

I'm not a fan of social media and the likes so anything flashy is out of the question, for me it should be a private and intimate something...which one come be all the paparazzi that people now form these days? even all these story that people put on bella naija and the likes sey dem dey give them money ni?

As a colleague who recently got married used to joke that he'd rather give the babe all the money he was spending than go through all that stress...lol
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ihedinobi2: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

LOL.....

But that's my question? Why do you think he's trying to win the premiership? Lol
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
ihedinobi2:

But that's my question? Why do you think he's trying to win the premiership? Lol

You are right. Arsenal FC means Arsenal Football Cooperation.

Wenger knows too well he will not win the League or Champions League. He is just trying to come 3rd or 4th. He knows his team isn't good enough to come top two but good enough to come 3rd and that is his aim. If he can add the FA Cup or Capital One Cup to 4th place; then he would have had a great season.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ihedinobi2: 12:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
@proposal and engagement ring, someone has accused me of being dramatic. I really hope I am. Because I want to propose with flair and I want the ring or whatever I use to BIND her to be very "obstrusive". Lol.

Seriously though, I'd like to do something she'll always remember with a smile no matter what.

I care about the cost though so I mean to be prudent.

@Nashville, lmao! I'm a gunner o...among other things, lol. I haven't confirmed it yet but if Arsenal has the kind of heavy debt that I hear we do then Wenger's style is very very smart. And if we've paid it all off like I've also heard then I'm expecting a real competition this season.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
netotse:
@Aluta and Nash

What you spend should fall between how much you can afford/think is reasonable to how much you both agree.

A proposal does not have to include a ring - at the exact point of proposal. Or it can be a "placebo" to start. One thing you can do is to figure it into your overall budget. That helps keep it in perspective, allows her have a say.

If you have an idea - she's been dropping hints grin! - of style and size and are happpy/able to go with the 3-month maxim, or otherwise know what you are willing and able to spend, by all means incorporate it into proposal

I woo'ed and courted my wife without a ring and we got it together later. For the trad in Naija we used a cheapo one from NEXT.
Abi you didn't hear me claiming double Ijebu on that other thread angry!

Don't let her dictate to you - na from there e dey take start - you could have a bridezilla on your hands

All the best.

TV

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
netotse:

What you spend on a ring should be what you can afford without causing a big/small "fracas" in your finances. The ring is nothing but a design of the west to always put the jewellers in business (My opinion).

However, there are so many good and cheap rings especially tungsten rings. Ebay has collections of them for cheap....

There is no hard and fast rule about proposing to your lady. Some people are dramatic while some can do without all the drama associated with it. Whatever you do, do what will make your woman happy and bustling with life. Some ladies do not like the dramatic proposal though.

In summary, do whatever is comfortable for the two of you.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
netotse:
@Bukatyne
Dont most females have two rings? one for engagement and the main one you exchange on the wedding day na abi another one dey?

I'm not a fan of social media and the likes so anything flashy is out of the question, for me it should be a private and intimate something...which one come be all the paparazzi that people now form these days? even all these story that people put on bella naija and the likes sey dem dey give them money ni?

As a colleague who recently got married used to joke that he'd rather give the babe all the money he was spending than go through all that stress...lol

You give her one during the traditional ceremony and you both exchange the second one in church

I want to assume the 'engagement' ring under consideration is the one you will use to propose to her

Some people use the ring used to propose as an engagement ring also

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 11:57pm On Oct 09, 2014
Good to have this thread back cool

Ihedinobi2 I see you in HD...

Greetings everyone.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ihedinobi2: 12:53am On Oct 10, 2014
An0nimus:
Good to have this thread back cool

Ihedinobi2 I see you in HD...

Greetings everyone.

smiley

Hugs, bro.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 10, 2014
This season of scandal isn't hot like the last season angry

My heart still beats at 500/minute for Jake though embarassed wink kiss
#no homo# cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.