Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,702 members, 7,837,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

“you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) (8682 Views)

Securing A 2nd Term In Office Is No Longer A Birth Right – Obasanjo Tells Buhari / OBJ Plans To Write Jonathan Another Letter (pics) / “You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
shymexx: I just check the past commanders of those army divisions and it seems OBJ actually elevated Igbo's during his tenure because all the Igbo commanders I saw there headed those divisions while he was president.

You lot are biting the finger that elevated you and gave you a voice.

That is just the simple truth.......however they are just behaving typically.

They did same thing to Wole Soyinka....and we all read about the man unflinching and undiluted support for these Biafrans during the war....they paid him back with a bloody nose.

What a pack of ingrates!

The best way to deal with these people is the way the Northerners have been dealing with them since that night of July 1966
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Pukkah: 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
noblezone:

Just like the "whole Nigeria" from North to West were having ecstasy over the stupidity of an old tyrant in writing a trash filled with baseless allegations in the name of a letter to Mr. President.

I just pray for God's help for many of you oh.

Most people actually criticized Obasanjo while telling Jonathan to respond to the ISSUES raised in OBJ's letter.

And I have never been a fan of OBJ.
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by tomakint: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pukkah: Oh, I didn't see this thread on time. There's another thread with the same story on which I've posted some things and tried to educate some fools.

I will reproduce some of my posts from the other thread.

...and who are those fools you were trying to 'educate'? undecided undecided undecided
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by superstar1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pukkah:

Most people actually criticized Obasanjo while telling Jonathan to respond to the ISSUES raised in OBJ's letter.

Instead of addressing the issues, the best GEJ could do, was to launch a tirade of childish attack on OBJ.
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Pukkah: 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
shymexx: I just check the past commanders of those army divisions and it seems OBJ actually elevated Igbo's during his tenure because all the Igbo commanders I saw there headed those divisions while he was president.

You lot are biting the finger that elevated you and gave you a voice.

In addition to that, ask them who brought the following erstwhile obscure people into prominence: Charles Soludo, Dora Akunyuli, Oby Ezekwesili, Okonjo-Iweala, Ernest Ndukwe, (Okereke-Onyiuke?). Even Festus Odimegwu as the MD of NBL Plc was a regular in Obasanjo's Aso Rock.

Some people have very short memories.
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pukkah:

Amen oo.
We need his help especially in restoration of Biafra.
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Pukkah: 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
tomakint:
...and who are those fools you were trying to 'educate'? undecided undecided undecided

The Supreme Fool on that thread, with whom I exchanged a few hot words, knows himself.

You are yet to return to the thread to clear up the issues I raised, in response to your attempt to defend the opening post, until then...
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Pukkah: 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
noblezone:

Amen oo.
We need his help especially in restoration of Biafra.

But do you need to create needless enemies in the bid to create Biafra?

Won't Biafra, if realized, need friends?
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
ilugunboy:
That is just the simple truth.......however they are just behaving typically.

They did same thing to Wole Soyinka....and we all read about the man unflinching and undiluted support for these Biafrans during the war....they paid him back with a bloody nose.

What a pack of ingrates!

The best way to deal with these people is the way the Northerners have been dealing with them since that night of July 1966

We can even take it further back to Awolowo and how the disagreement with Akintola on which region to align with between North and East, led to the destruction of AG. Awolowo wanted to align with the East and Akintola preferred the North. Yet, Awolowo is still the most hated Yoruba man by the same people. grin

Once you understand their temperament, you're better off staying away from them. Their temperament/mentality works upside down, if you get the drift.

3 Likes

Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pukkah:

In addition to that, ask them who brought the following erstwhile obscure people into prominence: Charles Soludo, Dora Akunyuli, Oby Ezekwesili, Okonjo-Iweala, Ernest Ndukwe, (Okereke-Onyiuke?). Even Festus Odimegwu as the MD of NBL Plc was a regular in Obasanjo's Aso Rock.

I guess Yoruba's need to stay out of their back and forth with OBJ. The man is the architect of his own misfortunes. He's a kingmaker but he lacks foresight and ability to control his creation. Look no further than his family and how his daughter and first wife outted him.
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by superstar1(m): 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pukkah:

We have always known them as greedy ingrates.

We will keep managing them and their emotional instability, till Nigeria disintegrates or regionalism comes into play.

2 Likes

Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by superstar1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
shymexx:

I guess Yoruba's need to stay out of their back and forth with OBJ. The man is the architect of his own misfortunes. He's a kingmaker but he lacks foresight and ability to control his creation. Look no further than his family and how his daughter and first wife outted him.

Omo buruku ni ojo ti e.

A de le gbe omo buruku fun ekun lati pa je.
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by MayorofLagos(m): 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
ofala: I have tried to understand the point behind this article but simply can't because an average South Eastner is busy working hard crime , earning good living and living the lives many so-called 'owners' or majority of them can only dream of. On a more serious note, till all of us begin to think NIGERIA and shun sectionalism, our dear blessed Country will remain grossly under-developed...
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by tomakint: 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pukkah:

The Supreme Fool on that thread, with whom I exchanged a few hot words, knows himself.

You are yet to return to the thread to clear up the issues I raised, in response to your attempt to defend the opening post, until then...
I have responded, go visit......
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by adino(m): 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
ilugunboy:

Answer this hypothetical question....if you are to choose now between OBJ and GMB to rule this country again, would will your vote go for?

grin grin

That combination is only for oduduwa republic..
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by MayorofLagos(m): 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pukkah:

Lt Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by revolt(m): 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
shymexx:

We can even take it further back to Awolowo and how the disagreement with Akintola on which region to align with between North and East, led to the destruction of AG. Awolowo wanted to align with the East and Akintola preferred the North. Yet, Awolowo is still the most hated Yoruba man by the same people. grin

Once you understand their temperament, you're better off staying away from them. Their temperament/mentality works upside down, if you get the drift.
e be like say you brain get thermostat...... awo was the only western ally during and after the second coup. infact nzeogwu and Co planned to installation him as president until he played his treachery.
he turned a blind eye as aburi was usurped.

he reneged in his stance and principles and joined the Laguna Mafia in their unjust war.

he could have stayed neutral during the war if equity was his mantra but big GREED and power drive him to plan the greatest genocide in African history.

he didn't end there, after the war he made sure he impoverished the starving survivors. even the jihadists werent as diabolical as that satanist.
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
[s]
revolt: e be like say you brain get thermostat...... awo was the only western ally during and after the second coup. infact nzeogwu and Co planned to installation him as president until he played his treachery.
he turned a blind eye as aburi was usurped.

he reneged in his stance and principles and joined the Laguna Mafia in their unjust war.

he could have stayed neutral during the war if equity was his mantra but big GREED and power drive him to plan the greatest genocide in African history.

he didn't end there, after the war he made sure he impoverished the starving survivors. even the jihadists werent as diabolical as that satanist.
[/s]

Utter tosh!

I don't like debating the civil war. However, I would say this: it was a war of necessity for both Igbo's and Yoruba's. Igbo's fought for their survival. Yoruba's fought against Igbo invasion. Whatever the collateral damage is, that's part of war, deal with it.

Anything else? undecided

1 Like

Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by revolt(m): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
shymexx:

e be like say you brain get thermostat...... awo was the only western ally during and after the second coup. infact nzeogwu and Co planned to install him as president until he played out his treachery.
he turned a blind eye as aburi was usurped by the fg

he reneged in his stance and principles and joined the kaduna Mafia in their unjust war.

he could have stayed neutral during the war if equity was his mantra but GREED and power drove him to plan the greatest genocide in African history.

he didn't end there, after the war he made sure he impoverished the starving survivors. even the jihadists weren't as diabolical as that satanist.

hope you understand why he's bile to some people. even gowon has come out to apologise for some of the atrocities committed under his watch, but this incarnate kept trying to justify his actions.
it's pertinent to note, while the belligerents were young immature men, awo was mature enough to set some things straight or stay neutral
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
Did Achebe apologise to the minorities that were massacred during the war for being one of the brains behind Biafra?

Did Zik also apologise for the same thing?

Maybe, you should go ask Henry Kissinger to apologise for being the brain behind all the realpolitik that happened during the cold war which led to the death of tens of million of people.

You lot whine and cry too much. grin
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by superstar1(m): 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
revolt: e be like say you brain get thermostat...... awo was the only western ally during and after the second coup. infact nzeogwu and Co planned to install him as president until he played out his treachery.
he turned a blind eye as aburi was usurped by the fg

he reneged in his stance and principles and joined the kaduna Mafia in their unjust war.

he could have stayed neutral during the war if equity was his mantra but GREED and power drove him to plan the greatest genocide in African history.

he didn't end there, after the war he made sure he impoverished the starving survivors. even the jihadists weren't as diabolical as that satanist.

hope you understand why he's bile to some people. even gowon has come out to apologise for some of the atrocities committed under his watch, but this incarnate kept trying to justify his actions.
it's pertinent to note, while the belligerents were young immature men, awo was mature enough to set some things straight or stay neutral

He was neutral till the point, the tactless ojukwu missed the way to kaduna and headed towards Ore.

It is called war. Anything and everything is allowed to win.

If you had won, won't you be bullying others under your control. You lost, you are even making mouth, how much more winning.

If Ojukwu did not apologised to the SS and Mid-Western people massacred by Igbo Biafra soldiers, then Awolowo can not even remember he did anything.
The bottom line is, he won the war for Nigeria, without shooting a gun and his name is forever on the lips of every Igbo, born and unborn.

Shikena.

3 Likes

Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by revolt(m): 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
shymexx: Did Achebe apologise to the minorities that were massacred during the war for being one of the brains behind Biafra?

Did Zik also apologise for the same thing?

Maybe, you should go ask Henry Kissinger to apologise for being the brain behind all the realpolitik that happened during the cold war which led to the death of tens of million of people.

You lot whine and cry too much. grin
I guess gowon must have been a fool to apologise...keep defending injustice.. That's what irks us about you folks.

look how they eulogise mko the klept..........
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by 5thNOTE: 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote authorUziehot]Battle line.[/quote] after all this hinderers, we still have CIA watching if dear rise, witches and wizards, corrupt policticians, only God can save us.
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Clementor(m): 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
Abeg where i fit buy akara 4 here?
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by superstar1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
revolt: I guess gowon must have been a fool to apologise...keep defending injustice.. That's what irks us about you folks.

You apologise to SS and Mid-Westerners first.

Also apologise to Other regions for your devilish act of killing our leaders in cold blood.

Also apologise for wasting our resources and time, that should have been used on development, on war.

Also apologise for killing Nigerian soldiers.

Also be grateful for amnesty granted all of you.

Those are the pre-conditions for our apology.

2 Likes

Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by revolt(m): 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
superstar1:

He was neutral till the point, the tactless ojukwu missed the way to kaduna and headed towards Ore.

It is called war. Anything and everything is allowed to win.

If you had won, won't you be bullying others under your control. You lost, you are even making mouth, how much more winning.

If Ojukwu did not apologised to the SS and Mid-Western people massacred by Igbo Biafra soldiers, then Awolowo can not even remember he did anything.
The bottom line is, he won the war for Nigeria, without shooting a gun and his name is forever on the lips of every Igbo, born and unborn.

Shikena.
I just explained why he's hated. after the war, impoverishing the refugees was also patriotic.. anyways That's all brainstorming in retrospect.

GEJ will only be voted out legitimately if That's possible,no amount of platitudes or propaganda can bring him down.
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
And with all this:

I keep wondering why cant we meet at a round table, negotiate a peaceful split, shake hands and meet next at OAU as peaceful neighboring countries.
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
revolt: I guess gowon must have been a fool to apologise...keep defending injustice.. That's what irks us about you folks.

In time of war, the president automatically becomes the commander of the armed forces. So if he apologised for what his armed forces did (I still doubt he apologised because I haven't seen the apology), that's understandable. However, Ojukwu should have apologised to all the minorities that were massacred by the Biafran soldiers - something he never did, yet no one is talking about it.

Awolowo was a civilian, just like Achebe and Zik were. Since both Zik and Achebe never apologised for anything (rightfully so). I don't see any reason why Awolowo should have apologised. It just doesn't make sense. The man didn't even commit any crime - all he did was suggest a strategy to cut the food supply from Biafran soldiers who were getting fat off the enemy's food. If you can't feed yourselves, don't go to war.

I'm out! cool

3 Likes

Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by 5thNOTE: 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote authorUziehot]Battle line.[/quote] after all this hinderers, we still have CIA watching if dear rise, witches and wizards, corrupt policticians, only God can save us. All they said is so true. Check all the oil producing countries they are so underdeveloped. Even whn they are in a country their areas where such oil is sourced frm is so poor than the place that dont produce e.g. South Sudan, Niger delta or SS In Nigeria, Kuwait, Iraq(america distabilise Iraq without touching its oil flow and then send obselete weapons to them few days ago in name of help) Lybia and even Russia. America are doing this Just to keep their power stability.
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by superstar1(m): 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
revolt: I just explained why he's hated. after the war, impoverishing the refugees was also patriotic.. anyways That's all brainstorming in retrospect.

GEJ will only be voted out legitimately if That's possible,no amount of platitudes or propaganda can bring him down.

So, he ought to have been doling money out to them or what. Why can't they run to Ojukwu and Achebe, that led them to the war, to empty their accounts for them.

Where in the world have you seen any govt paying rebels after the war, for fighting against govt?

We know you are ingrates and there isno problem with that.
Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2014

....and who cares how you feel or what irks you...and how you define what is injustice?

You think Yoruba give a hoot?

1 Like

Re: “you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) by Ahasco(m): 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
justhelp: to you uh but to GEJ he knows that sense come from nonsense. you just wait and see

It still doesn't make sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IPOB Lists 6 States That Will Join ‘new Republic’ / 2017 Budget: Senate Receives Report, Fixes Thurday For Passage / Nigeria Is At War – Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.