Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

He Asked For Her Passport. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Asked For Her Passport. (1737 Views)

What His Girlfriend Sent When He Asked For Nudes / See What Guy Did To Girl That Refused To Visit Him But Asked For MTN Card / 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Asked For Her Passport. by obillyj(f): 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
i dont know if here is the right forum to post this.

He is a Nigerian but born in UK & have being there since then. he wants to marry from Nigeria. he met this girl online, like her n wants to marry her. he wants her to visit him in UK and he asked her to send her passport for him to secure her a visa.
please she needs your suggestions and advice as to what to do as one can't really trust online things.

is it okay for her to send her passport to him? could this guy be trusted?

your advice is needed pls. no abuse.
thank you.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by zaziakoni(f): 12:12am On Jan 07, 2014
d guy shoud be d one to come and visit her
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Justeenaleo(f): 12:19am On Jan 07, 2014
zazi akoni: d guy shoud be d one to come and visit her
Supported smiley
Frm thr he cn marry her nd go back with her
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Vyolet(f): 12:31am On Jan 07, 2014
No,don't send your passport,wait until he is ready to come to Nigeria,you don't have to jump to see him in a land you ain't familiar with.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 07, 2014
He met you her online and he already likes you her enough to the extent of wanting to marry you her......

you She can tell him to send money for ticket first to know if he's serious abi na you she go pay? ?

Hmmmmmmm E.T.T lipsrsealed
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by obillyj(f): 12:42am On Jan 07, 2014
IamTitanium: He met you her online and he already likes you her enough to the extent of wanting to marry you her......

you She can tell him to send money for ticket first to know if he's serious abi na you she go pay? ?

Hmmmmmmm E.T.T lipsrsealed

the ticket is not an issue yet. she is just scared of not knowing the outcome of her visit in an unfamiliar country.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 07, 2014
obillyj:
the ticket is not an issue yet. she is just scared of not knowing the outcome of her visit in an unfamiliar country.
there's only one way to find out wink
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by obillyj(f): 12:44am On Jan 07, 2014
Vyolet: No,don't send your passport,wait until he is ready to come to Nigeria,you don't have to jump to see him in a land you ain't familiar with.

according to her, he had been in Nigeria only 3 times of his life. the 3rd was 3yrs ago when he visited for his dad's burial. his dad was Nigerian while mum is from New York.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by obillyj(f): 12:50am On Jan 07, 2014
IamTitanium: there's only one way to find out wink

i will tell her to try that but don't u think if he has ulterior motive he could send d flight money knowing what he stands to again.

another question bothering me is if he can really get a visa for her from UK with a scanned ppt.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Tedpgrass: 1:32am On Jan 07, 2014
Fishy, fishy, fishy !!!

Sounds like a scam to me....

Have u met his folks?? Have you established strong lines of communication apart from ur online romance??
Travelling to see him, in a strange country where you have no support system, methinks, is a little premature and potentially fraught with danger ( seizes ur passport and turns u into a modern day slave/ callgirl or sth gross ).....whether he footsteps the flight or visa fees or not.

Given his strange request to forward ur passport, I IMHO don't think he's a genuine article!!!

Let's mix some common sense with awoof awoof!

Caveat Emptor.

1 Like

Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Nobody: 2:07am On Jan 07, 2014
Tread cautiously.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Miner13: 5:02am On Jan 07, 2014
obillyj:

So the fair of the unfamiliar country is all she could reasoned.

Some woman with their cochroach reasoning sense.

Did you know anything about prostitute. Thats what you are going to used for, because when you get there he become the author and terminator life.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Miner13: 5:08am On Jan 07, 2014
Let me ask this first.

Who is the proposer here he or she?

Because i belief if he's the one proposing to the girl he would value her more than sending passport to the faceless online love.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by texanomaly(f): 5:35am On Jan 07, 2014
Ideally he should come see you first. If that is not a possibility for some reason, your friend needs to go online and check out what it take to get a passport to the UK. Then she needs to obtain it herself. If she can not afford it and he is serious, he should pay all her fees. Tell her: DO NOT SEND HIM YOUR PASSPORT!! There should be no reason why she can not visit him.

A few things to keep in mind though:

If you have a friend in the UK, or know someone who does; make arrangements to be picked up at the airport by them.

Do not stay with him. Stay with friends, or at a hotel.

Meet him in a public place...Do Not meet him alone.

If possible have a friend there meet him before you come. Also have them come with you for the first meeting.

Make sure the Nigerian embassy there knows where you are staying, and who you are going to meet.

Ask him for a copy of his passport to give to the embassy.

2 Likes

Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by obillyj(f): 5:45am On Jan 07, 2014
texanomaly: Ideally he should come see you first. If that is not a possibility for some reason, your friend needs to go online and check out what it take to get a passport to the UK. Then she needs to obtain it herself. If she can not afford it and he is serious, he should pay all her fees. Tell her: DO NOT SEND HIM YOUR PASSPORT!! There should be no reason why she can not visit him.

A few thinks to keep in mind though:

If you have a friend in the UK, or know someone who does; make arrangements to be picked up at the airport by them.

If possible have a friend there meet him before you come. Also have them come with you for the first meeting.

Make sure the Nigerian embassy there knows where you are staying, and who you are going to meet.

i really love all u said.

the latest reaching me now is that he spoke with her last night n asked her to scan d ppt and send to him which he will forward to someone at British embassy Abuja that will contact her on when to go for d interview. while he will also send an invitation letter to d embassy. he walks with British airways UK so he said he will send d ticket.

am really afraid for her. i think i will consult a prophet on her behalf. hahahahaha.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by obillyj(f): 5:48am On Jan 07, 2014
Tedpgrass:

Fishy, fishy, fishy !!!

Sounds like a scam to me....

Have u met his folks?? Have you established strong lines of communication apart from ur online romance??
Travelling to see him, in a strange country where you have no support system, methinks, is a little premature and potentially fraught with danger ( seizes ur passport and turns u into a modern day slave/ callgirl or sth gross ).....whether he footsteps the flight or visa fees or not.

Given his strange request to forward ur passport, I IMHO don't think he's a genuine article!!!

Let's mix some common sense with awoof awoof!

Caveat Emptor.

that's scary.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by texanomaly(f): 6:41am On Jan 07, 2014
obillyj:

the latest reaching me now is that he spoke with her last night n asked her to scan d ppt and send to him which he will forward to someone at British embassy Abuja that will contact her on when to go for d interview. while he will also send an invitation letter to d embassy. he walks with British airways UK so he said he will send d ticket.

am really afraid for her. i think i will consult a prophet on her behalf. hahahahaha.

Ok...I would definitely check into what it takes to get a UK visa. In order to get my Nigerian visa I had to get a letter of invitation too. The host had to give me a copy of the signature page of HIS passport. Not the other way around. I think he should be giving you his info. After gathering all the required documents I then had to send everything to the Nigerian Embassy here in the US. Please have your friend go online and find out what the requirements are for a UK visa.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by obillyj(f): 7:26am On Jan 07, 2014
the so called contact guy at Nigeria embassy Abuja called her before me few mins ago. he said she should send a scanned copy of d data page of her ppt to his email to enable him pick her form today & to send d original copy via courier later today.
he then ended by saying he will send his acct number for her to pay in d sum of N15,000.00. meanwhile he claimed he told my friend's dude in d UK he will pay him N80,000 for everything. that was when i screamed fraud.

what do u think my friend?
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by texanomaly(f): 7:29am On Jan 07, 2014
SMH
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by obillyj(f): 7:32am On Jan 07, 2014
texanomaly:

Ok...I would definitely check into what it takes to get a UK passport. In order to get my Nigerian passport I had to get a letter of invitation too. The host had to give me a copy of the signature page of HIS passport. Not the other way around. I think he should be giving you his info. After gathering all the required documents I then had to send everything to the Nigerian Embassy here in the US. Please have your friend go online and find out what the requirements are for a UK passport.

it's not UK passport but UK visa.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by texanomaly(f): 7:40am On Jan 07, 2014
obillyj:

it's not UK passport but UK visa.
Yeah my bad...not paying attention to what I'm typing. It is 12:40am here. Sorry

Modified...
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Newkidoo(m): 7:42am On Jan 07, 2014
I want to tell u what to do but tell me are u telling the truth or all these are lies!! if u can't say it here, PM me..don't let anyone know!! wink
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by lorialuv(f): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2014
texanomaly: Ideally he should come see you first. If that is not a possibility for some reason, your friend needs to go online and check out what it take to get a passport to the UK. Then she needs to obtain it herself. If she can not afford it and he is serious, he should pay all her fees. Tell her: DO NOT SEND HIM YOUR PASSPORT!! There should be no reason why she can not visit him.

A few things to keep in mind though:

WORD!!!!
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by lorialuv(f): 9:09am On Jan 07, 2014
obillyj: the so called contact guy at Nigeria embassy Abuja called her before me few mins ago. he said she should send a scanned copy of d data page of her ppt to his email to enable him pick her form today & to send d original copy via courier later today.
he then ended by saying he will send his acct number for her to pay in d sum of N15,000.00. meanwhile he claimed he told my friend's dude in d UK he will pay him N80,000 for everything. that was when i screamed fraud.

what do u think my friend?

Babes pls tell your friend not to fall into their Trap except she's got loads of money to spend for the so called "VISA" these scammers are very very dubious, no be today o, online relationship does work buh not all, make she play smart o, cos if she pays in this 15k, dey will definitely demand for more.. shine ur eyes o babes
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Chinwem(f): 9:25am On Jan 07, 2014
If she visits the ukvisa website, all the requirements for visa are there and the instructions for payment are made known too

The procedure for visa application is clear

Why does she want to pay into someone's personal account/ short cuts when shes not a diplomat
when it comes to visa, do it the right way or don't bother

The way this thing is being mis handled she will lose out emotionally (assuming this is a genuine dude) as well as financially
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Dyt(f): 9:35am On Jan 07, 2014
Lmao
The guy is in naija I tell u, the first will b 15k, next will be 80k.
These useless mofos mk sure u earn there trust and then use it against u
No mind them o
My husbands cousin was duped 100k.
This is d new tactics, they get u to b frnds with them on FB, get close to u, get ur contacts, some tells u they have smth to send to u, that they cleared the money and all,their contact are usually in abuja, its that one that calls and ask u send some money into d account, bla bla bla
Its all dupe
Abeg, no fall for it ooo
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by jaybee3(m): 9:48am On Jan 07, 2014
obillyj:

Is your friend this gullible?

I honestly don't pity folks that get scammed. You can use the internet and thus should know where to get all the necessary info from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/general-info/

Besides, what kind of visa is she applying for? she doesn't need to attend interview if she is applying for a visitation visa.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by obillyj(f): 9:57am On Jan 07, 2014
Newkidoo: I want to tell u what to do but tell me are u telling the truth or all these are lies!! if u can't say it here, PM me..don't let anyone know!! wink

should i have denied myself sleep if all are lies?
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by obillyj(f): 10:00am On Jan 07, 2014
jay bee:

Is your friend this gullible?

I honestly don't pity folks that get scammed. You can use the internet and thus should know where to get all the necessary info from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/general-info/

Besides, what kind of visa is she applying for? she doesn't need to attend interview if she is applying for a visitation visa.

wow so there's no interview for visitation visa? thanks for that.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by jaybee3(m): 10:20am On Jan 07, 2014
obillyj:

wow so there's no interview for visitation visa? thanks for that.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/01-tourist/?langname=UK%20English
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Vyolet(f): 10:23am On Jan 07, 2014
Dyt: Lmao
The guy is in naija I tell u, the first will b 15k, next will be 80k.
These useless mofos mk sure u earn there trust and then use it against u
No mind them o
My husbands cousin was duped 100k.
This is d new tactics, they get u to b frnds with them on FB, get close to u, get ur contacts, some tells u they have smth to send to u, that they cleared the money and all,their contact are usually in abuja, its that one that calls and ask u send some money into d account, bla bla bla
Its all dupe
Abeg, no fall for it ooo
Correct babe,you know the deal..it's so pathetic that some babes don't know how to read danger..i dunno if it is a must to travel abroad.
Re: He Asked For Her Passport. by Vyolet(f): 10:25am On Jan 07, 2014
obillyj:

according to her, he had been in Nigeria only 3 times of his life. the 3rd was 3yrs ago when he visited for his dad's burial. his dad was Nigerian while mum is from New York.
I do not trust that he is not lying. There are many like that.
He should come to Nigeria if he truly wants her and if he is real.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is She Playing Hard To Get Or She Doesn't Like Me At All? / Please Everyone Should Welcome Me-i Am New Here / -all Fingers Are Not Equal-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.