Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls (14137 Views)

What's Your Pick?? Team Marvel Comics Or Team DC Comics. / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 9:55am On Jan 08, 2014
Marvel has been doing really well especially on screen,, like their phase 1 was so on point with movies like captain America: The first Avenger, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, and the record breaking movie rounding off Phase 1 The Avengers grossing over 5billion dollars, and breaking almost all box office records existing with the amazing writer Joss whedon (what do u expect) bringing in different heroes into one movie and making it a success is truly spectacular. Scratch that on to the next one, Marvel are in Phase 2 now, you might have seen some of the movies like Iron man 3 starting Phase 2, Thor 2: The Dark world, and the upcoming Captain America: The Winter Soldier coming on April 4th this January, and rounding off Phase 2 on 2015 with The Avengers sequel (The Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron) no doubt that's gonna be awesome, and Ant man (yap the movie) on november 2015, introducing Hank Pym aka Ant man, and The Wasp,,...

And after that on to Phase 3 (details not out yet) I just hope they do a Dr Strange movie on Phase 3 and another Hulk standalone movie (maybe Planet Hulk,or better still World War Hulk).

DC universe still on Phase 1...what a shocker (ya right) , with the release of Man Of steel, and a big budget film for 2015, u guessed it Superman vs Batman (or superman and Batman if u like).

Shout out to marvel, the best ever. Do share some of your best Marvel comics you would like to see become a movie. For me Dr strange and Deadpool.

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by UjSizzle(f): 11:03am On Jan 08, 2014
TeamMarvel cheesy

Tony Starks is the baddest cool

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Briareos(m): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2014
uj_sizzle: TeamMarvel cheesy

Tony Starks is the baddest cool

Team DC! cheesy

Batman/Bruce Wayne is the baddest-est cool

7 Likes

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Mynd44: 11:22am On Jan 08, 2014
DC still trumps Marvel anyday anytime. The only sensible cartoon they had was Spiderman and they scraped it.

Marvel either dont think or expect fans not to think when they make their lousy movies

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by UjSizzle(f): 11:32am On Jan 08, 2014
Haters tongue
Open your own thread and we'll battle grin

2 Likes

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Mynd44: 11:34am On Jan 08, 2014
uj_sizzle: Haters tongue
Open your own thread and we'll battle grin
Battle wetin? Disney is even better than Marvel sef tongue

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Psychedelia(m): 12:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mynd_44: DC still trumps Marvel anyday anytime. The only sensible cartoon they had was Spiderman and they scraped it.

Marvel either dont think or expect fans not to think when they make their lousy movies

Man, I'm really hoping you don't go out and say this in public, for the sake of your jaw. Like really, whaaat?

Are you talking about Marvel? With critically acclaimed films like The Avengers Assemble, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America, Thor and X-Men to its name?

You even dare try to run it down with its immense contribution to the comic-celluloid crossover?

Are you going to compare Marvel to DC, with only its two heroes, Batman and Superman, making any semblance of success at the cinemas? Haven't their other crossovers ended up as devastating failures?
Do you want me to mention that cinematic abortion known as Catwoman?
When they made Green Lantern in 2010 with a 230 million dollar budget, didn't that turn out a festering stinker? Since then, have they had the balls to try introducing any of their other heroes to the big screen? No!
Why? Because they know deep in their hearts their characters just can't work on the big screen, since there isn't a shred of logic in any of them. For that reason, they've stuck to their usual fare - Batman and Superman. That's all they've freakin' got.

Let's see the heroes Marvel and DC have brought to live action and then judge for yourself:

Marvel: Spider-Man, Blade, Cyclops, Professor X, Mr Fantastic, The Human Torch, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Hulk, Storm, Jean, The Thing, The Punisher, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, etc

DC: Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Catwoman... 2 of which were major embarrassments.

You want me to mention Joel Schumacer's Batman and Robin? Rated the worst superhero movie of all time, with gay-looking nippples on their suits, gay statues of naked men as props, and Arnold Schwarzenegger in his gayest role to date?

Or should I go into their checkered superhero gallery which contains losers like Aquaman - a 'superhero' whose 'super power' is... wait for it... The ability to talk to FISH!

Duuuuude, are you kidding me?

Marvel rules!
#TeamStark cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 12:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mynd_44:
are u alright? Don't u know disney is in charge of marvel,no sense
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Psychedelia(m): 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
By the way, it's already been confirmed The Avengers will be doing battle with this inter-galactic badass, Thanos:

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Psychedelia(m): 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mynd_44:

Bros, Disney acquired Marvel in 2009.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Mynd44: 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
Psychedelia:

Bros, Disney acquired Marvel in 2009.
When I mean Disney, I am talking of characters like Aladdin and co tonguegrin
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Psychedelia(m): 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mynd_44:
When I mean Disney, I am talking of characters like Aladdin and co tonguegrin

In that case, that newspaper cartoon, "Silent Giggles" by Andy Akman, is better than everything in DC, including the movies.
Mtsshheeeeew! grin tongue
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Mynd44: 12:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
Psychedelia:

In that case, that newspaper cartoon, "Silent Giggles" by Andy Akman, is better than everything in DC, including the movies.
Mtsshheeeeew! grin tongue
Painment gringrin
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Ignatio(m): 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
Truth be told Marvel rocks better than DC both in comics, cartoons and movies. DC's only egde is Superman and Batman. What happened to Wonder Woman? They should Try a Lobo movie let's see.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by UjSizzle(f): 12:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
Go Psychedelia! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Mynd44: 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ignatio: Truth be told Marvel rocks better than DC both in comics, cartoons and movies. DC's only egde is Superman and Batman. What happened to Wonder Woman? They should Try a Lobo movie let's see.
Marvel movies have no intelligence behind it. For goodness Ironman 3 and Thor 2 are supposed to be events preceding Avengers right? Then where was Thor, hulk, and captain America when the Mandarin was causing trouble in Iron man 3?

Where was Iron man when the world was going to hell in Thor 2?

Lack of intelligence and strategy.

Pained enough yet?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Psychedelia: By the way, it's already been confirmed The Avengers will be doing battle with this inter-galactic badass, Thanos:

. Um check your research well,,Ultron is the badass in The Avengers 2 ,,Thanos is the badass in the Guardians of The Galaxy,,and maybe he will be featured in the avengers 3
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Psychedelia(m): 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
uj_sizzle: Go Psychedelia! cheesy

wink
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
[size=18pt]Fellow Marvelites smiley
Use the below link to find out which Avenger you are.
http://www.epicstream.com/quizstart.asp?q=129&name=Which+Avenger+Are+You%3F+ [/size]

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Psychedelia(m): 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
Guykhena: . Um check your research well,,Ultron is the badass in The Avengers 2 ,,Thanos is the badass in the Guardians of The Galaxy,,and maybe he will be featured in the avengers 3

grin Wanna bet?
Whedon, in his interviews, tries to throw us off by intentionally giving confusing messages, but I'm very sure that post-credits scene at the end of the first film wasn't for nothing.
The sequel may have "Avengers 2: Age of Ultron" as its working title, but my gut feeling tells me Thanos will play a very prominent role in that movie.

All the same, the speculation is great for us Marvel fans who atleast have a lot to expect this year and the next, unlike Mynd44 and the other DC fans who only have their wack potential flop Wonder Woman to look forward to grin
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
Psychedelia:

grin Wanna bet?
Whedon, in his interviews, tries to throw us off by intentionally giving confusing messages, but I'm very sure that post-credits scene at the end of the first film wasn't for nothing.
The sequel may have "Avengers 2: Age of Ultron" as its working title, but my gut feeling tells me Thanos will play a very prominent role in that movie.

All the same, the speculation is great for us Marvel fans who atleast have a lot to expect this year and the next, unlike Mynd44 and the other DC fans who only have their wack potential flop Wonder Woman to look forward to grin
. Yap,he said Thanos will play a big role in The Avengers 3,,but he needs to be introduced,now in the guardians of the galaxy coming out this year he's the villain,since joss whedon said he's gonna be in the avengers 3 I bet he's gonna try and link the avengers and the guardians of the galaxy together in The Avengers 3,,,and for myndd nd his DC failures(no offence grin) their man of steel was a flop(although I loved the beginning taking place in krypton)it seems they have wise up not putting a red pant in superman's costume grin,,their superman vs batman movie in 2015 go too wack,since christian Bale isn't playing batman again,,they wanna yet again reboot batman(is batman and superman the only heroes DC has?)Mtchew
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by UjSizzle(f): 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mynd just give up and leave our happy thread biko grin

2 Likes

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Mynd44: 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
Guykhena: . U just showed ur ignorance,in Iron man 3 didn't u see stark suffering for severe BP bcus of the near death experience in The Avengers that was why he made the mark 7 to meet him anywhere he is,didn't u see bruce banner at the end giving Tony stark some tips on stress? And for Thor 2 didn't it take place in Asgard? Thor's place,not on earth,so iron man should magically go there right?mtchew,,didn't u see how thor,iron man 2,incredible hulk,captain america all had a link which led to the avengers,,so therefore iron man 3,Thor the dark world captain america winter soldier are all making links to the avengers 2,comprende
Have you seen Thor 2? Like seriously everything happened in Asgard? Including the part where his hammer flying around portals?

Go watch the movie again. So before the tips on stress, why did Hulk not fight alongside him? Where the hell was Captain America? Are they not in the same city?

Thor 2 happened in Asgard. Yeah right

2 Likes

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by LifeQuest(m): 5:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mynd_44:
Have you seen Thor 2? Like seriously everything happened in Asgard? Including the part where his hammer flying around portals?

Go watch the movie again. So before the tips on stress, why did Hulk not fight alongside him? Where the hell was Captain America? Are they not in the same city?

Could you unban me pls... i need to go on with my story
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Mynd44: 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
LifeQuest:

Could you unban me pls... i need to go on with my story
I have don't that already na

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mynd_44:

. was it an earth battle? was earth threatened? The battles took place in asgard,was earth the only portal the passed? And for your info they are not in the same city ,so you are saying before the avengers this heroes didn't have their personal lives yaa,,and if u ve seen the avengers the fought the aliens together(so that just made them a team?and they will be together anywhere they go,like the toilet?)Mtchew they have not yet consider themselves a team,at the end of The Avengers u can see them going their seperate ways. Now I have a question for u,pls share some light on the failure of The Dark Night rises and Man of steel,and why do DC always focus on Batman and Superman movies,what about their other characters?huh? The success of The Avengers grossed over 5Billion dollars,the highest DC movie made 500million dollars(the dark night rises)
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by LifeQuest(m): 6:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mynd_44:
I have don't that already na

I can't reply except quote on any thread not even my own thread. Pls help me fix it asap. Thanks
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by moneyallowed(m): 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
Can't wait for the Comic-con announcements. almost as nerve wracking as waiting for the start of the new EPL season
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Csami(m): 4:31am On Jul 24, 2014
Guykhena: . Yes the dark elves were from nigeria(shorkor) was it an earth battle? was earth threaghtened? The battles took place in asgard,was earth the only portal the passed? And for your info they are not in the same city ,so you are saying before the avengers this heroes didn't have their personal lives yaa,,and if u ve seen the avengers the fought the aliens together(so that just made them a team?and they will be together anywhere they go,like the toilet?)Mtchew they have not yet consider themselves a team,at the end of The Avengers u can see them going their seperate ways. Now I have a question for u,pls share some light on the failure of The Dark Night rises and Man of steel,and why do DC always focus on Batman and Superman movies,what about their other characters?huh? The success of The Avengers grossed over 5Billion dollars,the highest DC movie made 500million dollars(the dark night rises) abeg use ur sense see the difference,,

The dark knight rises failure! Abeg in what way? Don't tell me it didn't gross well.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 8:35am On Jul 24, 2014
Csami:

The dark knight rises failure! Abeg in what way? Don't tell me it didn't gross well.
Check the date in which that comment was made.
Back then I was something else smiley
But the dark knight rises was a failure tho(didn't live up to expectation like The first Dark Knight. Movie)
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Bawss1(m): 10:30am On Jul 24, 2014
Guykhena:
But the dark knight rises was a failure tho(didn't live up to expectation like The first Dark Knight. Movie)

The TDKR cannot be termed a failure. It was fairly successful.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Csami(m): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
Guykhena:

That it didn't live up to YOUR expectation doesn't mean it was a failure. Judging from your statement, wouldn't we term thor 2 as a failure then? The dark knight rises grossed more than the former and you termed it failure because of your hate for DC? Abeg give credit where its due.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Widow' Movie With Stella Damascus (Kingsley Ogoro Productions) / Who Do You Prefer Jackie Chan Or Jet Li ? / Avatar And Ben-10 Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.