Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls (14138 Views)

What's Your Pick?? Team Marvel Comics Or Team DC Comics. / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by moneyallowed(m): 9:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
Feraz: Actually, that lifting up was fake. The movie got it right by not letting Hulk lift the hammer.
fake? the movie scene was for ad tins jare. do you know how many people have lifted that hammer and used it against Thor or someone else? even superman has used it, a DC comics guy for chrissakes! pls goan read comics abeg or better still, google

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Feraz(m): 9:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
As for lifting the hammer, it is only those deemed worthy to wield it that can lift it. Eg Capt. America, Beta Ray Bill - who BTW punked Thor, Wonder woman
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by tomiobj(m): 9:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
moneyallowed:
Haba guy! Hulk has beaten Thor countless times...black, blue and even green. he has also lifted that hammer( forget that worthy shit) again, countless times. Thor's the only one that can stand a round of bashing by Hulk(besides Wolverine) so they pit them against each other very often.
#team hulk
lifting mjonilr dosen't need strength. Its an enchantment. Hulk needs to be worth to lift it. And if hulk truly lifted it he'll av the power of thor(thats what it says @d bkof the hammer). That's Thor's old hammer in the comic. Not mjonilr
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by kaybee4047(m): 9:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
Pls guys where can I buy both marvel nd dc comic books I love both of 'em
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by cupidhero(m): 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
thor is now a girl and they say it is only temporay,captain america is now black which i'm cool with...i don't do marvel's thor...i would read about thor only if marvel is not involved. How can thors hammer be wielded by a girl? No wonder disney aquired marvel so they can make more kid friendly movies. name one marvel supervillain that can be compared to the jokers? why so serious?@gayvel fanbois

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by moneyallowed(m): 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
Feraz: Superman didn't actually lift it. Odin allowed Superman wield the hammer albeit a little. Superman can stop a blow from the hammer but not lift it. Heck, he was the first in the Marvel world to actual stop a blow from the hammer leaving Thor surprised.
The Odin all father explanation is just a cop-out the writers devised to get themselves out of a fan backlash once it became apparent the whole purpose of the crossover issue was to solve the debate of Mjölnir. since then they've found various excuses for heroes to wield the hammer in "dire" circumstances. Fact is Mjölnir is the only thing special about Thor but since others can also wield it if worthy, it stands to reason that there's really nothing special about Thor Q.E.D tongue
Oh and Superman is not part of the Marvel World. Hulk is the 1st. thank you

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Feraz(m): 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
When I meant first in the Marvel world, I meant none in the Marvel world had achieved it then till Superman did so. Of course I know Supes is DC smiley
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
Tosyn007:

When did Superman become immune to kryptonite?

Its been said that Hulk's power level is unknown, doesn't that make him overpowered too?
no bro. Hulk is not over powered. He posses great strength and agility,rapid regenerative abilities and durability. Superman prime (google it) can create his own universe. Move galaxies from one end of the universe to another! (i mean,who does that?) . The only reason superman posses his abilities was because kryptonians anatomy had evolved to survive very harsh conditions unlike those being experienced on earth. But when superman starts to survive a bomb with the explosive energy of 15 exploding suns? That is just plain ridiculous bro
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 10:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
moneyallowed: Comics people, comics!! stick with the program nau
that being said, what's your favorite Marvel comic of all time? Mine is The Night Gwen Stacy died. Classic!!
currently rolling with ultimate spiderman. Tell you bro,it's ill
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by moneyallowed(m): 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
cupidhero: thor is now a girl and they say it is only temporay,captain america is now black which i'm cool with...i don't do marvel's thor...i would read about thor only if marvel is not involved. How can thors hammer be wielded by a girl? No wonder disney aquired marvel so they can make more kid friendly movies. name one marvel supervillain that can be compared to the jokers? why so serious?@gayvel fanbois
"the Thor is a chick" storyline will be explained and depending on how good that explanation is there might be something to salvage. God knows it can't be as bad as the Flashpoint by DC....talk about the most horrible disaster in comic book history. Am i confused or are all these DC comic superheroes- Bouncing boy, Granny goodness, Elongated man, Doll man,.....the show of shame is just too long
let's not even get started with the list of silly DC supervilains. You mentioned The Joker that's the best DC supervillain? lemme guess cos you watched The Dark Knight and Heath Ledger was so cool( oh he's so dreamy, his performance was just legendary....nuff said) FYI the no1 supervillain in comic book history is Magneto! check Comic vine or any world wide poll you want. and ffs get your own thread!!

2 Likes

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Basilona(m): 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ignatio: Truth be told Marvel rocks better than DC both in comics, cartoons and movies. DC's only egde is Superman and Batman. What happened to Wonder Woman? They should Try a Lobo movie let's see.

Broz, well spoken. I been think say na only me like lobo! Love that character.
#TeAm Marvel#
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by moneyallowed(m): 11:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
tomiobj: lifting mjonilr dosen't need strength. Its an enchantment. Hulk needs to be worth to lift it. And if hulk truly lifted it he'll av the power of thor(thats what it says @d bkof the hammer). That's Thor's old hammer in the comic. Not mjonilr
I've always said that worthy thing is very vague. if it's not by strength why hasnt Janet pym or Ant-man lifted it ehn? Since all the guys that have been "allowed" to lift it are all strong, i can only assume strength is a requirement too.
The old hammer. issorai....cos we are all fools abi?next thing they'll say it was the old Thor. diariz God oo

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by moneyallowed(m): 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
kechywillz: I would like marvel to produce Spiderman,Xmen andCaptain America to be in series or seasonal movie,think about it,it ought to be in series,its gonna mk it interesting
Marvel don't own the movie rights to Spiderman and X-men. That honour belongs to Fox and Sony. so they can't produce any of those in the near future. They've already listed the series they'll be doing and Captain america is not one of them. The list includes Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, The Defenders....and of course the useless Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D cry
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by glowingscenes(f): 11:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mynd44: DC still trumps Marvel anyday anytime. The only sensible cartoon they had was Spiderman and they scraped it.

Marvel either dont think or expect fans not to think when they make their lousy movies

Marvel still trumps DC in movies till date. Should I list examples? In their cartoons, you can give them credit, but not in the movie production please...

Oh, and let's not forget DC's Green Lantern just yet, not to talk of Zack Snyder's intention to mess up the second installment of the Superman aka Man of steel franchise. ie Superman vs Batman (That's if he hasn't changed the name though) where he keeps throwing in characters without planning like Marvel who took their time to deliver each character wonderfully well. It's no wonder Avengers was the 3rd highest grossing movie in the world.

Should I go on and list another flaw which is obvious about the Superman 2016 movie? Ben Affleck who happened to play Daredevil in the past.

As for the latest batman installment which featured Christian Bale, we have Christopher Nolan to thank for good directing. The second installment seems to be the best till date.

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by glowingscenes(f): 11:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
cupidhero: thor is now a girl and they say it is only temporay,captain america is now black which i'm cool with...i don't do marvel's thor...i would read about thor only if marvel is not involved. How can thors hammer be wielded by a girl? No wonder disney aquired marvel so they can make more kid friendly movies. name one marvel supervillain that can be compared to the jokers? why so serious?@gayvel fanbois

You do know it was explained that Thor was somewhere else and the hammer found someone else worthy to lift the hammer which turned out to be a woman. Though the explanation sounds cheesy, it's a comic so, do we expect more? Superman dies countless times in DC and they find ways to write him back into the story.

I believe the black captain america and feminine Thor was done to satisfy both ends. Marketing strategy since we have feminists who feel they should be granted a say in stuffs like that. It's business. People do things to make people happy and make their money smiley

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by glowingscenes(f): 11:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
Psychedelia:

Man, I'm really hoping you don't go out and say this in public, for the sake of your jaw. Like really, whaaat?

Are you talking about Marvel? With critically acclaimed films like The Avengers Assemble, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America, Thor and X-Men to its name?

You even dare try to run it down with its immense contribution to the comic-celluloid crossover?

Are you going to compare Marvel to DC, with only its two heroes, Batman and Superman, making any semblance of success at the cinemas? Haven't their other crossovers ended up as devastating failures?
Do you want me to mention that cinematic abortion known as Catwoman?
When they made Green Lantern in 2010 with a 230 million dollar budget, didn't that turn out a festering stinker? Since then, have they had the balls to try introducing any of their other heroes to the big screen? No!
Why? Because they know deep in their hearts their characters just can't work on the big screen, since there isn't a shred of logic in any of them. For that reason, they've stuck to their usual fare - Batman and Superman. That's all they've freakin' got.

Let's see the heroes Marvel and DC have brought to live action and then judge for yourself:

Marvel: Spider-Man, Blade, Cyclops, Professor X, Mr Fantastic, The Human Torch, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Hulk, Storm, Jean, The Thing, The Punisher, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, etc

DC: Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Catwoman... 2 of which were major embarrassments.

You want me to mention Joel Schumacer's Batman and Robin? Rated the worst superhero movie of all time, with gay-looking nippples on their suits, gay statues of naked men as props, and Arnold Schwarzenegger in his gayest role to date?

Or should I go into their checkered superhero gallery which contains losers like Aquaman - a 'superhero' whose 'super power' is... wait for it... The ability to talk to FISH!

Duuuuude, are you kidding me?

Marvel rules!
#TeamStark cool

Thank you very much for this! It's like you spoke my mind.

#TeamRogers

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Tosyn007(m): 12:27am On Jul 25, 2014
tomiobj:
Dint u see how Thor beat hulk lyk madd in avengers. Thor gave hulk a face full of mjonilr. Hulk nw wanted to carry it den broke the floor while trying

I remember tony getn angry @ Thor and hulk for damaging the mansion and told them to fight on the moon nd Thor got angry then hit hulk and hulk fell from d moon to the earth and he had amnesia. Animated series

We certainly didn't watch the same Avengers..Hulk was kicking Thor around like felele ball, they even had to lure him out of the ship so he doesn't tear the whole thing apart. I haven't seen the animated series you're talking about. But have you seen Hulk vs Thor?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Tosyn007(m): 12:28am On Jul 25, 2014
moneyallowed:
No mind the guy jare....they won't complain about all those other useless threads they'll be coming to troll here mtcheeew

Maybe him miss road
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Habeebpain(m): 1:42am On Jul 25, 2014
I think it's childish when you start comparing heroes from two different franchises. I can write the story as I want. I'm just trying to make money. If I start analysing now you'll be surprised to learn that flash is stronger than hulk. And Silver surfer will thrash Thor mercilessly. But see how they downplayed Silver surfer in The fantastic four sequel.

Some people even believe Goku is stronger than Supes. Na dem sabi. Anybody can write down what he wants and give power to his/her characters as they wish.

Marvel has done amazing live action movies but they've flopped in the animated movie section. See iron man and hulk: heroes united.
DC on the other hand have made amazing animated movies (see The dark Knight returns part 1 and 2) but have flopped in some movies ( Green Lantern). I disliked Ryan Reynolds for ruining that character.

Another point is the Villains. DC has got more realistic villains than Marvel. I'll give Marvel only Joker to deal with. Your heroes will cross the line between good and evil.

As for me, my favourite super hero is Batman. He's the only possible one that can exist. Plus I think Nigeria needs one.

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by minimoha: 2:12am On Jul 25, 2014
defendedvictim: am I d only one who doesn't understand anything abt dis thread?

my brother i dey here o, jst reading i no understand anything. i dnt even knw where all these are coming from....
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by pickabeau1: 2:29am On Jul 25, 2014
irukandji89: Is there anyone here who thinks ironman 3 was crap?

like, why did they pansy-out mandarin's xter?

i mean, mandarin was badass in the comics, not a British speaking, epl watching, wimpy has-been actor.

no power from his power rings?? Comon!!!!

i get get they wanted to attract more audience than the geeks at comicCon, but the deviation from the comics by marvel is excessive

Yes they did

Moreover he is scary

They also overdid the split armour stuff... Too unserious...
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by pickabeau1: 2:36am On Jul 25, 2014
Habeebpain: I think it's childish when you start comparing heroes from two different franchises. I can write the story as I want. I'm just trying to make money. If I start analysing now you'll be surprised to learn that flash is stronger than hulk. And Silver surfer will thrash Thor mercilessly. But see how they downplayed Silver surfer in The fantastic four sequel.

Some people even believe Goku is stronger than Supes. Na dem sabi. Anybody can write down what he wants and give power to his/her characters as they wish.

Marvel has done amazing live action movies but they've flopped in the animated movie section. See iron man and hulk: heroes united.
DC on the other hand have made amazing animated movies (see The dark Knight returns part 1 and 2) but have flopped in some movies ( Green Lantern). I disliked Ryan Reynolds for ruining that character.

Another point is the Villains. DC has got more realistic villains than Marvel. I'll give Marvel only Joker to deal with. Your heroes will cross the line between good and evil.

As for me, my favourite super hero is Batman. He's the only possible one that can exist. Plus I think Nigeria needs one.

Correct analysis

Now you read comics... Not these movie fanboyz

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by tomiobj(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2014
Tosyn007:

We certainly didn't watch the same Avengers..Hulk was kicking Thor around like felele ball, they even had to lure him out of the ship so he doesn't tear the whole thing apart. I haven't seen the animated series you're talking about. But have you seen Hulk vs Thor?
and there wasn't a scratch on thor. Den thor wiped his mouth and gave hulk a powerful hit with mjonilr which made him faint. Then hulk started destroying everything
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by tomiobj(m): 7:48am On Jul 25, 2014
moneyallowed:
I've always said that worthy thing is very vague. if it's not by strength why hasnt Janet pym or Ant-man lifted it ehn? Since all the guys that have been "allowed" to lift it are all strong, i can only assume strength is a requirement too.
The old hammer. issorai....cos we are all fools abi?next thing they'll say it was the old Thor. diariz God oo

It is not by strength. Storm from x-men carried the hammer. U can't say storm is strong. And Eric. That old guy that works for shield that's Thor's friend. Carried it. Nd Hez as weak as hell
Both in comics
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by tomiobj(m): 7:50am On Jul 25, 2014
Tosyn007:

. No. Share it with me.
Or send d link
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Tosyn007(m): 8:14am On Jul 25, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
no bro. Hulk is not over powered. He posses great strength and agility,rapid regenerative abilities and durability. Superman prime (google it) can create his own universe. Move galaxies from one end of the universe to another! (i mean,who does that?) . The only reason superman posses his abilities was because kryptonians anatomy had evolved to survive very harsh conditions unlike those being experienced on earth. But when superman starts to survive a bomb with the explosive energy of 15 exploding suns? That is just plain ridiculous bro

We are talking Superman proper not Optimus Prime or whoever you're talking about...Hulk is been said to have no infinite entity in terms of strength
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Tosyn007(m): 8:27am On Jul 25, 2014
tomiobj: and there wasn't a scratch on thor. Den thor wiped his mouth and gave hulk a powerful hit with mjonilr which made him faint. Then hulk started destroying everything

Hulk? Faint? Are you watching your movies on black and white 10 inches tv? Cos I never saw Hulk faint. Oh and Thor wiped blood coming outta his nose and not wiped his mouth. him get parkinsons ni?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Tosyn007(m): 8:31am On Jul 25, 2014
tomiobj: . No. Share it with me.
Or send d link

I don't have a link..`I only have the file on my pc
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by tomiobj(m): 8:32am On Jul 25, 2014
Tosyn007:

Hulk? Faint? Are you watching your movies on black and white 10 inches tv? Cos I never saw Hulk faint. Oh and Thor wiped blood coming outta his nose and not wiped his mouth. him get parkinsons ni?
. Ok my mistake about the bleeding. I didn't mean faint literally. But.d hammer raised hulk upand hulk fell flat
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 8:44am On Jul 25, 2014

Anyone looking forward to the Guardians Of The Galaxy movie?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Tosyn007(m): 8:52am On Jul 25, 2014
tomiobj: . Ok my mistake about the bleeding. I didn't mean faint literally. But.d hammer raised hulk upand hulk fell flat

That's normal now, he fell on the jet and got up in a flash...and Thor was getting pummeled under Hulk when one of the jets fired at him from the outside to lure him out.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by moneyallowed(m): 9:11am On Jul 25, 2014
Guykhena:

Anyone looking forward to the Guardians Of The Galaxy movie?
Can't wait to see Rocket in action. I'm guessing it'll be most enjoyable Marvel movie ever with lotsa humour & fun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Widow' Movie With Stella Damascus (Kingsley Ogoro Productions) / Who Do You Prefer Jackie Chan Or Jet Li ? / Avatar And Ben-10 Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.