Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,408 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls (14164 Views)

What's Your Pick?? Team Marvel Comics Or Team DC Comics. / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by moneyallowed(m): 9:24am On Jul 25, 2014
Habeebpain: I think it's childish when you start comparing heroes from two different franchises. I can write the story as I want. I'm just trying to make money. If I start analysing now you'll be surprised to learn that flash is stronger than hulk. And Silver surfer will thrash Thor mercilessly. But see how they downplayed Silver surfer in The fantastic four sequel.

Some people even believe Goku is stronger than Supes. Na dem sabi. Anybody can write down what he wants and give power to his/her characters as they wish.

Marvel has done amazing live action movies but they've flopped in the animated movie section. See iron man and hulk: heroes united.
DC on the other hand have made amazing animated movies (see The dark Knight returns part 1 and 2) but have flopped in some movies ( Green Lantern). I disliked Ryan Reynolds for ruining that character.

Another point is the Villains. DC has got more realistic villains than Marvel. I'll give Marvel only Joker to deal with. Your heroes will cross the line between good and evil.

As for me, my favourite super hero is Batman. He's the only possible one that can exist. Plus I think Nigeria needs one.

Of course it's childish. twas you DC fanboys that came and started it here in the 1st place, but since you've gone down that road already let me say this- DC has lost it's way....hell the comics got so bad at one point the had to reboot the entire thing.
When you say flopped i'm not sure what you mean cos they still outsell DC 2-1 so what criteria are you using?
As for the Villains...... hmm. Realistic abi? They make the superheroes so powerful and the villians so ordinary( the joker, Lex Luthor) with no superpowers and you call that realistic?
I say Iron man could exist in our world rather than Batman. tell me which is more plausible; an eccentric brilliant billionaire developed his own armour to become a superhero or that another billionaire went to a cave for a while, learnt some kung fu skills and suddenly became a superhero? BTW if you're looking for "realistic" then the comic universe is not for you.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 10:38am On Jul 25, 2014
moneyallowed:
Can't wait to see Rocket in action. I'm guessing it'll be most enjoyable Marvel movie ever with lotsa humour & fun
I know the whole 'Humour' thing worked for IronMan,but my fears for GOTD is that they might exploit that Humour genre too much,ignoring Real Action scenes(I've seen the trailer)...

And this might just make the audience see this movie as a 'Joke',and not to be taken seriously.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Jaymaestro(m): 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
moneyallowed:
Of course it's childish. twas you DC fanboys that came and started it here in the 1st place, but since you've gone down that road already let me say this- DC has lost it's way....hell the comics got so bad at one point the had to reboot the entire thing.
When you say flopped i'm not sure what you mean cos they still outsell DC 2-1 so what criteria are you using?
As for the Villains...... hmm. Realistic abi? They make the superheroes so powerful and the villians so ordinary( the joker, Lex Luthor) with no superpowers and you call that realistic?
I say Iron man could exist in our world rather than Batman. tell me which is more plausible; an eccentric brilliant billionaire developed his own armour to become a superhero or that another billionaire went to a cave for a while, learnt some kung fu skills and suddenly became a superhero? BTW if you're looking for "realistic" then the comic universe is not for you.
it's even more hilarious _ Batman can defeat anyone with prep to the extent of countering telepathy . Marvel heroes give you a glimpse of reality in their fictions .
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
Tosyn007:

We are talking Superman proper not Optimus Prime or whoever you're talking about...Hulk is been said to have no infinite entity in terms of strength
you obviously don't know what it means to be overpowered. Can hulk lift a mass that is equal to the mass of the earth?
Superman in his base form lifted the earth for 5days straight,split apart a planet by simply flying through it's core. Destroyed a moon by overheating it with his laser beams vision. Haba!
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Eberex(m): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
you obviously don't know what it means to be overpowered. Can hulk lift a mass that is equal to the mass of the earth?
Superman in his base form lifted the earth for 5days straight,split apart a planet by simply flying through it's core. Destroyed a moon by overheating it with his laser beams vision. Haba!

In what series did Superman lift the earth? please I need verification before I make my own comment.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
Some Pics from The Avengers:Age Of Ultron set

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
More

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 7:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
More(quicksilver and scarlet witch,black widow,hawkye,tony and Bruce)

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
More

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
More(black widow and her stunt double)

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 7:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
More

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
How the fight scenes with the robots may look like,pics below

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
And this

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by easyelliot(m): 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
Tdkr was no failure, it just wasn't as good as tdk. However the scene where Bane beats the crap out of batman, was awesome.

On a side note, marvel knows how to entertain and not take itself too seriously..... I present DC comics latest, WW......y so serious

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Donjay007(m): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
Dnt knw if anyone else has noticed bt marvel likes dia heroes name nd surnames to stat with d same letters:peter parker,susan storm,victor von,reed richards,joe jonah jameson junior,bruce banner,
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
easyelliot: Tdkr was no failure, it just wasn't as good as tdk. However the scene where Bane beats the crap out of batman, was awesome.

On a side note, marvel knows how to entertain and not take itself too seriously..... I present DC comics latest, WW......y so serious
Lol@bolded
My favourite DC movie to date,gotta be The Dark Knight(I loved Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker).
With the awesomeness of TDK,TDKR was a big disappointment,it didn't live up to expectations,the storyline was messed up,,
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
Donjay007: Dnt knw if anyone else has noticed bt marvel likes dia heroes name nd surnames to stat with d same letters:peter parker,susan storm,victor von,reed richards,joe jonah jameson junior,bruce banner,
Just a coincidence,
Not all heroes tho..
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by easyelliot(m): 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
Guykhena:
Lol@bolded
My favourite DC movie to date,gotta be The Dark Knight(I loved Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker).
With the awesomeness of TDK,TDKR was a big disappointment,it didn't live up to expectations,the storyline was messed up,,

Ledger's portrayal was so influencial the guys from Skyfall decided their villain had to be similar, joker and Silva are practically brothers. I do agree partially about Tdkr, it felt long and rushed, and they never really explained what happened to the joker. I mean they just swept it under carpet.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Bawss1(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
It seems most of the comments here are from people who know only the Marvel characters from the movies and not the more detailed comics. A pity.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Donjay007(m): 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Guykhena:
Just a coincidence,
Not all heroes tho..
most heroes bro do i list more?steven strange,otto octavious,silver surfer
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
easyelliot:

Ledger's portrayal was so influencial the guys from Skyfall decided their villain had to be similar, joker and Silva are practically brothers. I do agree partially about Tdkr, it felt long and rushed, and they never really explained what happened to the joker. I mean they just swept it under carpet
@Bolded.
You know Heath Ledger is dead right?
Nolan was meant to make a reference of The Joker in TDKR,but in order to pay homage/respect to Heath Ledger it was scrapped....

No one can portray The Joker like Heath Ledger did.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
Donjay007: most heroes bro do i list more?steven strange,otto octavious,silver surfer
You know to make the name more appealing,and easy to recognise.
I guess its just Marvel characters name signature(you know it got to be unique)
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Donjay007(m): 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
Guykhena:
You know to make the name more appealing,and easy to recognise.
I guess its just Marvel characters name signature(you know it got to be unique)
its actuali stpd bro,nd den deres scott slim summers
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
[size=18pt]Fellow Marvelites
Click on the Below Link and find out which Guardian you are
http://www.epicstream.com/quizstart.asp?q=169&name=Which+Guardian+of+the+Galaxy+Are+You%3F[/size]
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by easyelliot(m): 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
Guykhena:
@Bolded.
You know Heath Ledger is dead right?
Nolan was meant to make a reference of The Joker in TDKR,but in order to pay homage/respect to Heath Ledger it was scrapped....

No one can portray The Joker like Heath Ledger did.

I know he is dead haba now.....lol
I understand paying homage by not replacing him, but tdkr did not explain what happened to the joker even after Bane freed all the convicts including scarecrow.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by moneyallowed(m): 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Bawss1: It seems most of the comments here are from people who know only the Marvel characters from the movies and not the more detailed comics. A pity.
It's the world we live in bro. Really sad

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
GOTD Tops Cap 2 and Thor 2 Opening Days

With $11.2M in domestic late nights, Disney/Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy bested the studios’ own start for Captain America: The Winter Soldier earlier this year. And it was a similar story abroad where the James Gunn-directed space chase earned $11M across its first day on Thursday. In total this weekend, GOTG hits about 40 markets. Among the openings yesterday were the UK, Russia, Korea, and Brazil. Those are key markets which were among the top consumers of Cap 2, and that’s one of the movies that Disney is using as a key comp today when it points to the strong starts around the globe. Russia was reliably receptive with a $3.2M opening day, the single biggest take of any territory so far. Across Asia/Pacific, Guardians earned about $3.4M from seven territories. Korea opened with $900K. That was 25% ahead of Thor 2 on a day for day basis, and is a very healthy number in a crowded field. There are two giant local movies at the Korean box office right now, Kundo: Age Of The Rampant and Roaring Currents. Across the region, Guardians‘ first day was 19% biger than Cap 2 and 37% bigger than Thor 2.
In the UK/Ireland, Guardians opened to $2.3M in previews, which is 8% above the opening day of Cap 2. IMAX results in the UK were worth 12% of the box office, off just 2% of the screen count. Without breaking out numbers just yet, Disney says box office in all of the other European territories where Guardians released Thursday easily surpassed opening day figures for Cap 2. In Latin America, Brazil got hooked on a feeling to the tune of $800K yesterday. GOTG also bowed in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Uruguay and Central America, and earned a total $1.6M across the region. That was 7% up on Thor 2 and 9% up on Cap 2. Mexico opens today. Both it and Brazil should be hot spots for Groot and Co — keen as they are to embrace lesser known characters. They were the top two markets for the first Captain America. They were four and five for Cap 2.

Wow,anyone seen this movie yet?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by cao(f): 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
Donjay007: Dnt knw if anyone else has noticed bt marvel likes dia heroes name nd surnames to stat with d same letters:peter parker,susan storm,victor von,reed richards,joe jonah jameson junior,bruce banner,

That's Stan Lee for you, dude loves his alliteration, in fact Raj pointed this out on an episode of The Big Bang Theory.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by cao(f): 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
Guykhena: GOTD Tops Cap 2 and Thor 2 Opening Days

With $11.2M in domestic late nights, Disney/Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy bested the studios’ own start for Captain America: The Winter Soldier earlier this year. And it was a similar story abroad where the James Gunn-directed space chase earned $11M across its first day on Thursday. In total this weekend, GOTG hits about 40 markets. Among the openings yesterday were the UK, Russia, Korea, and Brazil. Those are key markets which were among the top consumers of Cap 2, and that’s one of the movies that Disney is using as a key comp today when it points to the strong starts around the globe. Russia was reliably receptive with a $3.2M opening day, the single biggest take of any territory so far. Across Asia/Pacific, Guardians earned about $3.4M from seven territories. Korea opened with $900K. That was 25% ahead of Thor 2 on a day for day basis, and is a very healthy number in a crowded field. There are two giant local movies at the Korean box office right now, Kundo: Age Of The Rampant and Roaring Currents. Across the region, Guardians‘ first day was 19% biger than Cap 2 and 37% bigger than Thor 2.
In the UK/Ireland, Guardians opened to $2.3M in previews, which is 8% above the opening day of Cap 2. IMAX results in the UK were worth 12% of the box office, off just 2% of the screen count. Without breaking out numbers just yet, Disney says box office in all of the other European territories where Guardians released Thursday easily surpassed opening day figures for Cap 2. In Latin America, Brazil got hooked on a feeling to the tune of $800K yesterday. GOTG also bowed in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Uruguay and Central America, and earned a total $1.6M across the region. That was 7% up on Thor 2 and 9% up on Cap 2. Mexico opens today. Both it and Brazil should be hot spots for Groot and Co — keen as they are to embrace lesser known characters. They were the top two markets for the first Captain America. They were four and five for Cap 2.

Wow,anyone seen this movie yet?

Saw this yesterday - it's awesome.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 8:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
cao:

Saw this yesterday - it's awesome.
Gist us.
Was it Humour filled? smiley

And did you get to see the Post-Credits scene?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by cao(f): 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
Guykhena:
Gist us.
Was it Humour filled? smiley

And did you get to see the Post-Credits scene?

Yup, we definitely laughed. There's a cute mid-credit scene, and a post credit scene that roughly 80% of the audience didn't get. I laughed my butt off, since I won't mind seeing the character again. There will definitely be a sequel. 70s/80s music also plays a part in it, thanks to Star-Lord's Walkman.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
cao:

Yup, we definitely laughed. There's a cute mid-credit scene, and a post credit scene that roughly 80% of the audience didn't get. I laughed my butt off, since I won't mind seeing the character again.
Does it rhyme with "Boward the Hawk" grin (don't ask me how I know,love spoilers grin )
cao:
There will definitely be a sequel. 70s/80s music also plays a part in it, thanks to Star-Lord's Walkman.
Hmm,
Was the characters all filled with humour or were there a bit of seriousness in them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Widow' Movie With Stella Damascus (Kingsley Ogoro Productions) / Who Do You Prefer Jackie Chan Or Jet Li ? / Funke Akindele's Jenifa's Diary Showing On Air On Stv. How Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.