Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) (2289 Views)

Who Doctored 2016 Budget, Mafia Or Rats? / Doctored Budget: This Matter Is ‘sensitive’, Ita Enang Responds To Senate / APC Raises Alarm Over Withdrawal Of Customs, Immigration Personnel From Border (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
LRNZH:

IMHO, I cannot defend SR antecedents but I have this to say: Hon Minister NOI opened with the statement that she is ill and would need the support of her junior colleagues to give a comprehensive explanation on the state of the economy. The House Finance Committee Chairman empathised by allowing her to go back with 50 questions to be responded to in writing, after which she can show up in person to defend her answers whenever she is feeling well enough. He insistence led to the hot verbal exchanges.
He (Jubrin) has to show he is in control of proceedings otherwise everything would spiral out of control. Maybe someone else would be more sympathetic with her but I cannot fault him. Just my opinion.
Both videos ommitted different parts of the exchange. You have to watch both to get a clearer picture. By that standard, both are 'doctored' which is the price paid for video editing.
Lol...Trying to defend the indefensible. Anyway, I wish you goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
Honorable mods
OAM4J, Afam4Eva
This is front page material
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by LRNZH(m): 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
Lol...Trying to defend the indefensible. Anyway, I wish you goodluck

Insincere 9gerian, I am unlike you who blindly supports along ethnic lines. Sorry.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
LRNZH:

Insincere 9gerian, I am unlike you who blindly supports along ethnic lines. Sorry.
Is that your best shot? Lol.. That was lame. Try another trick.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
Short ibo goat like you.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by LRNZH(m): 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:

You miss the point dude. I am not trying to take shots at you. You have no credibility anyway so it isn't worth the effort.
Stay on topic.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:50am On Jan 09, 2014
taharqa: Cud you SHUT yr mouth, Goon. Do you know how terribly contradictory you sound.... You cannot in yr right mind say that smone was aggressive after agreeing in same sentence that d video may have been manipulated to make her look so. That line of thinking is simply Stu.pid. For yr info, this is d Crust of d thread: did SR dishonestly manipulated d Video of that meeting to make an individual look bad and to pursue a political course. That is d Crust of dis discourse. An answer to that questn has a lot of implications, even beyond this particular case..
Wow. Lol what grade did you drop out of before being employed to earn peanuts spreading propaganda? Reread my post, I refuse to get involved in your silly semantics stunts. Give me something intelligent to respond to.

P.s:You need serious work on your tenses. It makes you sound a tad bit too slow.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by enigmang: 8:02am On Jan 09, 2014
Sloan: FAT PIG woman! grin grin grin She was only acting up, pretending to be sick so as to get off easily but the committee chair again showed superior intelligence, tact and in fact took the initiative by immediately giving her the option that threw her off her script. Did you notice how her previously closing eyes opened wide and she was mouthing off violently (for a sick woman 1 minute ago) as soon as she knew she was exposed.

Does this even make sense?

So how come she insisted to still do it even after the assignment they gave her.
Homework is easier than live Test yet he still insisted
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Reptyle(m): 9:28am On Jan 09, 2014
taharqa: You now have both Videos. Did SR remove parts of d complete Vid to make it look like NOI was d Aggressor here or not? Did they present d very uncultured and rude way the Chair of d Committee talked to NOI or did they remove most of those parts? Did SR manipulate their own video to push an agenda and make an individual look bad....PS: this Channels FULL Vid was what elicited d angry reaction towards d Childish behaviour of d Chair by very many Nigerians including Dr Ezekwelize. I remember Dr Ezekwesili saying matter-of-factly, that d Chair of d Committee wud not qualify as Research Assistant to NOI in d real world but for politics...

Oga stop defending the indefensible and be objective for once. Both videos were edited. SR video showed the proceedings from the beginning, channels video showed the video from when BOTH THE CHAIRMAN AND THE MINISTER began the heated exchange. BOTH of these public officials should learn to conduct themselves with decorum in future.

Oh, and by the way, Dr, Ezekwesili retracted her tweet and apologised for insulting the committee chairman. You must not have gotten that memo.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by najoke: 11:09am On Jan 09, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Wow. Lol what grade did you drop out of before being employed to earn peanuts spreading propaganda? Reread my post, I refuse to get involved in your silly semantics stunts. Give me something intelligent to respond to.

P.s:You need serious work on your tenses. It makes you sound a tad bit too slow.
^
Gbam...hehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by taharqa: 11:33am On Jan 09, 2014
Reptyle:

Oga stop defending the indefensible and be objective for once. Both videos were edited. SR video showed the proceedings from the beginning, channels video showed the video from when BOTH THE CHAIRMAN AND THE MINISTER began the heated exchange. BOTH of these public officials should learn to conduct themselves with decorum in future.

Oh, and by the way, Dr, Ezekwesili retracted her tweet and apologised for insulting the committee chairman. You must not have gotten that memo.
Oh! Shut it. Watch d 2 Videos again. On the SR Video, d Chair of d Committee never shouted, was never aggressive; all those parts were doctored out by d SR crew. This was unlike d brief Channels. The whole purpose of that Vid was to present d Minister as d 'slaker' and d Chair as been professional. That was a complete negation of what transpired that day

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by slimghost(m): 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2014
Can anything good come out of these anti-GEJ goons?. SMH!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by wiseguy(m): 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
There is no issue here at all. I don't expect different news channels to render exactly same recorded video after editing. Both news media edited their video but atleast the message to a very reasonable extent is the same. So why the fuse?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Reptyle(m): 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
taharqa: Oh! Shut it. Watch d 2 Videos again. On the SR Video, d Chair of d Committee never shouted, was never aggressive; all those parts were doctored out by d SR crew. This was unlike d brief Channels. The whole purpose of that Vid was to present d Minister as d 'slaker' and d Chair as been professional. That was a complete negation of what transpired that day

Oh shut it! Watch the 2 videos again. On the Channels TV video the minister never shouted, was never aggressive. Those parts were doctored by the Channels TV crew. This was unlike the longer video by SR. The whole purpose of that Vid was to present d chairman as d 'slaker' and d minister as been professional. That was a complete negation of what transpired that day.

You are trying to stand logic on its head. According to you, the SR video which was longer, was doctored, while the shorter Channels TV video was authentic. Note that these 2 videos are of the same event. Just that the SR one showed what transpired from the beginning while the Channels one showed us what transpired after decorum had been flung out of the window by BOTH parties.

Like I said in an earlier post, the truth of what actually transpired lies somewhere between those 2 videos. Oh, and you don't have to agree with me.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by LRNZH(m): 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
taharqa: Oh! Shut it. Watch d 2 Videos again. On the SR Video, d Chair of d Committee never shouted, was never aggressive; all those parts were doctored out by d SR crew. This was unlike d brief Channels. The whole purpose of that Vid was to present d Minister as d 'slaker' and d Chair as been professional. That was a complete negation of what transpired that day

What is the basis for your argument? None of the videos is the absolute complete version of what probably took place there just as everyone has stated. You can't cherry pick evidence. It's a failure of logic.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by najoke: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
LRNZH:
What is the basis for your argument? None of the videos is the absolute complete version of what probably took place there just as everyone has stated. You can't cherry pick evidence. It's a failure of logic.

^
Thanks jare....why all the fuss then.

Some people with their level of intelligence self.

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by oluwashaddow(m): 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
taharqa: You now have both Videos. Did SR remove parts of d complete Vid to make it look like NOI was d Aggressor here or not? Did they present d very uncultured and rude way the Chair of d Committee talked to NOI or did they remove most of those parts? Did SR manipulate their own video to push an agenda and make an individual look bad....PS: this Channels FULL Vid was what elicited d angry reaction towards d Childish behaviour of d Chair by very many Nigerians including Dr Ezekwelize. I remember Dr Ezekwesili saying matter-of-factly, that d Chair of d Committee wud not qualify as Research Assistant to NOI in d real world but for politics...
being a doctor or professor is not really a big deal,it doesn't mean u knw all things,it only means u knw alot about one thing............ so if someone is a Prof of economics,it only means he knows alot about economics
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Alleged Doctored Video (SEE VIDEO) by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 10, 2014
oluwashaddow: being a doctor or professor is not really a big deal,it doesn't mean u knw all things,it only means u knw alot about one thing............ so if someone is a Prof of economics,it only means he knows alot about economics

True talk abegi. There is nothing ministerial about this woman NOI actions in the house of rep.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Rally Was So Funny At Osun Yesterday / Bomb Blast In Ekiti / Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.