Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:39 PM

Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" (7779 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / What Would You Do For Your Mommy This Mothers' Day / Mommy Has Quadruplets 3-years After She Had Triplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by mamaput(f): 8:28am On Aug 01, 2006
To be honest i tell my kids its not normal.
One said she saw nothing wrong in it. I ask her how she will fill if i brought home a girl friend or better go and attend her pta meeting with my "Girlfriend" all of a sudden it was not that normal after all.
I will not be happy about it,but i will wish them all the luck they can get,
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Viper(m): 9:00am On Aug 01, 2006
Nadine20:

I wouldn't get mad nor would I cry. I wouldn't scream at God and ask why did he allow them to be that way either.

God didn't make them gay/lesbian, he never made anyone gay/lesbian, he never did; it's wrong association either through friends/media/family that causes/caused it.

I would still love them no matter what, because I am not homophobic at all. I have absolutely nothing against gay men or lesbian women.

Pity, I have so much against them

If my daughter told me she loved women, I would be, ok honey. If my son said I love men, I would be, ok honey.

What kind of father/mother would that make you? a "good" one? That would just be being irresponsible and careless by doing that.

There is no point in hating your children, yelling at them, telling them you wish they were straight, or disowning them. Most gay men and women who were disowned have been deeply affected by that. Some young gay men and women have even comitted suicide over the lost connections they had with their families. Being judgemental and hateful isn't going to get you anywhere.

Yes it wont, but have you heard of "spare the rod and spoil the child"? the rod there doesn't necessarily mean beating them or rough-handling them, it means correcting them anytime they go wrong. If a child is going wrong, you bring him/her back to his/her senses. Many kids are crackheads and criminals because their parents had the same belief as you are having now. The belief of "be nice to the child, don't hurt their feelings. just say 'OK' to anything they want". This is destroying the future not building it undecided

Some people on this board keep saying they are going to teach their child homosexuality is wrong. Or that their kids will know that they are to be with the opposite sex. Has it occured to any of you that the parents of gay men and women today have done the same thing? When some parents tell their children not to do something because it is simply wrong, it makes those children curious. They will wonder, well what's so wrong about it if he or she loves me and I love them. So simply forcing your views on a child isn't going to really do anything. Most children grow up with their own minds, and they will do what they want to no matter what you say or do.

I quite agree with you. A hunters dog that is going to get lost will never hear its masters whistle.
If the child is going to go "crazy" he/she will no matter the amount of tutoring you give him/her.
But, doyou realise people are influenced by what they hear or see? Teach the child from birth, and he/she wont go astray into the crazy world of stupidity. The bottom line is that parents are becoming lazy and irresponsible.

There are so many hate crimes against gay men and lesbian women that it's sad to see how there are so many close-minded people in this world.

yes, my mind is closed to it like a steel clamp angry

People today treat homosexuality as if it were the plague, but if they were gay men or lesbian women how would they want people to treat them? How would they want their parents and siblings to treat them?

The same so i will get back to my senses

That's what some of you and others should be asking yourselves, because who knows it just might be your child that comes home saying he is gay or she is a lesbian. Karma is truly a bitch.

Do you know what Karma means?

Seems like you are a lesbian/gay. Ok lets take it from here:

Why do men have dicks and women Vaginas? and what are their primary functions?

mamaput:

To be honest i tell my kids its not normal.

Thank you
One said she saw nothing wrong in it. I ask her how she will fill if i brought home a girl friend or better go and attend her pta meeting with my "Girlfriend" all of a sudden it was not that normal after all.

Most ignorance/innocent kids imbibe this dirty lifestyle due to peer pressure in schools/groups/media.
They feel "Thats what in-vogue meehn!! I have to join the fun ". By the time they are in it, they find out their is nothing to it, but they just can't get out of it cuz their peers/friends are into it. it negative influence

I will not be happy about it,but i will wish them all the luck they can get,

what luck are you wishing them?
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by mamaput(f): 9:10am On Aug 01, 2006
They will be discrimated even here in europe they will need all the luck they can get.
Dont think that europe is so morden . Some even get beaten up on the road to this day
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Viper(m): 9:36am On Aug 01, 2006
mamaput:

They will be discrimated even here in europe they will need all the luck they can get.
Dont think that europe is so morden . Some even get beaten up on the road to this day

yes i know. We are even more lenient to the rubbish here.
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by mamaput(f): 9:41am On Aug 01, 2006
Then you understand,
they will even have to lie to rent a place or get a job.
well there are some tolarant people but not many
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Viper(m): 10:05am On Aug 01, 2006
Then you understand,
they will even have to lie to rent a place or get a job.
well there are some tolarant people but not many

They shouldn't be tolerated. one bad beans spoils the lot.
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Efani(m): 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2006
then u prolly got it from ur mom's side
thats wut id say
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by mamaput(f): 7:38am On Aug 02, 2006
Efani:

then u prolly got it from your mom's side
thats what id say

thats a good one grin
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Viper(m): 8:47am On Aug 02, 2006
Efani:

then u prolly got it from your mom's side
thats what id say

Was this directed at me?
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Efani(m): 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2006
r u the gay child??
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by pearldrops(f): 6:11pm On Aug 02, 2006
who is
plss end topic
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Bisanke(f): 10:55pm On Aug 05, 2006
God forbid though my child will neva say it because it doesnt run up in my family's blood stream and what will make my child say such ah will make me wonna go crazy and then ull see me running all ova for help imma start fasting and prayin that child will even go for deliverance
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Damest09(f): 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2006
God forbid, my child/ren will never be a gay man/men.
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by shawna(f): 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2006
y'all never know anything can happen tongue
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Damest09(f): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2006
That type of thing will never happen to me.
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Bisanke(f): 11:00pm On Aug 05, 2006
true gurl thats why b4 the child is born we attend a million deliverance and convention serivces and start prayin that God gives us good children wit normal attitude wink cause them ones are abnormal children o
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by shawna(f): 11:03pm On Aug 05, 2006
lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Damest09(f): 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2006
God will not give his children something that will make them sad. God want us to be happy always.
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Bisanke(f): 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2006
Damest09:

God will not give his children something that will make them sad. God want us to be happy always.
Oh yes brotha truee talk wink
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Damest09(f): 11:17pm On Aug 05, 2006
Bisanke:

Oh yes brotha truee talk wink

I'm a female not brotha
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Bisanke(f): 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2006
ohh my bad i'm so sorry. i meant oh yes my sista truee talk
damn wasnt i reading my bad i made a big mistake
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Coco29(f): 10:45am On Aug 06, 2006
Bisanke:

true girl thats why before the child is born we attend a million deliverance and convention serivces and start prayin that God gives us good children wit normal attitude wink cause them ones are abnormal children o

what the hell is wrong with you gay people are humans to, god did not say to hate them just the act.
Bisanke:

God forbid though my child will never say it because it doesnt run up in my family's blood stream and what will make my child say such ah will make me wonna go crazy and then ull see me running all ova for help I'm going to start fasting and prayin that child will even go for deliverance

how do you know, seriously how do you one of ya family members are gay, think about it.
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Bisanke(f): 10:27pm On Aug 06, 2006
Coco29:

what the hell is wrong with you gay people are humans to, god did not say to hate them just the act.how do you know, seriously how do you one of ya family members are gay, think about it.

Of course i know that there humans. And where did u see me type that i hate gay people? I don't them i hate the act and i wudnt want my kids 2 be involved in such activity.

And yeah i know that none of my family members arent gay and if they r whateva i don't even wonna know.
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by ladykool(f): 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2006
if my child tell me that i will first and check his or her head if their ok or not cuz i wouldnt know what to do i have to tell them that its not good and take them away from the gay partner
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by MIZIEYA: 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2006
[[/font][color=#770077]Any good parent would exercise unconditional love for their son or daughters: as Kahlil Gibran said "your children are not your Children: you do not own them" how ever parents should guide their kids. Regardless of my son or daughters Sexual Preferences I'd be more concerned that they are 1) safe, 2) using contraceptives, 3) dating someone they loved, 4) are not in an abusive situation. It is harder for a teen and an adult to come out in a hostile environment and I would prefer to see my son or daughter living a happy life true to themselves as opposed to living a lie. Of course my culture is slightly more accepting than most: the UK has legal gay marriage's and same sex civil liberties which is more than a lot of other cultures. If anyone wants equality then it has to start from the home and then progress outwards.[/color]
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by pearldrops(f): 4:51am On Oct 22, 2006
if the child is an adult ,why not
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by desiree(f): 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2006
I now know why the Asians believe in the pricinple of "Honour killing"

No child will bring shame on my name. lipsrsealed
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by pearldrops(f): 11:53pm On Dec 22, 2006
u right thou
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by mamaput(f): 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2006
desiree:

I now know why the Asians believe in the pricinple of "Honour killing"

No child will bring shame on my name. lipsrsealed

that means you can ask your son to kill his sister because of the cloths she wears, or because she changed her religion, or she fell in love with the "wrong guy",
Even if she runs away and changes her name.
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by feelgood(m): 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2006
Tufiakwa. Mba mba mba. O tio. No way. Abomination. Inutterable. Wanene? Not my pickin. Traitorous. Who sai. Dat pickin has not been born. Me, Son of my father? Me, a true born? No way. Unthinkable. Impossible. Chukwuaju.
Another topic pls
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by soulpatrol(f): 2:46am On Dec 29, 2006
nefa say nefa (never say never). easy to say when you haven't been in the situation yet
Re: Your Child Says, "Daddy, Mommy, I'm Gay!" by Ryley(m): 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2007
, I'm sure this is something nobody really wishes to happen. But if it happened to me, i would sit my child down and explain the consequences of being homosexual. I will explain from both the biblical point of view(which i question till today), and the earthly point of view(acceptance, and possible discrimination). We'll then pray and then i will let him/her decide which direction he/she wants to go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Shall Be Deactivating This Account Soon. It Is So Painful. / My Pastor's Wife Is Carrying Belongs To Me. / Was The Wife Inappropriate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.