Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Tribalism The Core Problem Of Nigeria ... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism The Core Problem Of Nigeria ... (2013 Views)

Tribalism: The Enemy Called “THEM” By Kayode Odumboni / Why Do Nigerians Hate Justice And Order Why Is Tribalism The Other Of The Day??? / Tribalism The Bane Of Nairaland Political Section!!" Give Peace A Chance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribalism The Core Problem Of Nigeria ... by courage54(m): 12:37am On Jan 09, 2014
I wonder when we Nigerians will begin to reason and judge issues facing us with clear conscience that is not devour of religious or tribal sentiments! Even the youths that alt to have this great sense of humour still indulge in tribal and religious sentiments. I don't post or comment frequently on this forum because most of the post and comments I read here some times keep me wondering if actually we are the future leaders of this great Nation. We might belong to any political affiliation (thou I don't belong to any because am not politician) be it PDP or APC but that should not stop us from saying the truth when the need arises. Even the United State of America has opposition party(ies) which serves as alternative whenever the ruling party fails to deliver, we all witnessed the Obama and Mc cain's election, during the campaign period, d issues that were debated upon where issues of national concern on how to move their nation forward but what we discuss here are tribal and religious issues that can only kill us and divide us forever without any idea on how to move the nation forward or how any of the party ideology has or will benefit us .
They say Change is the most constant thing and I think this is the right time for Nigeria to experience something new, something that is different from what we have been seeing for the past fourteen years, the PDP has been in power since 1999 with little or nothing to show for it, then why don't we try another political party and see if anything good will come out? Even with the good policies of George Bush, his party was still voted out because they needed a change of ideas.
Even we from the Niger delta have taken a stand that if GEJ did not perform then he should be voted out we can not continue to hold our dear nation down because of tribalism, I am eager to see when we the youth and the whole nigerians we begin to judge our leaders base on the competence of their character and their ideology rather than religious/tribal sentiments. Enough is enough, it is high time we take our stand and fight for the future of our unborn children. The change that we need is in our hand let's make use of it in 2015.

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger Delta
God Bless Bayelsa
courage_akhigbe@yahoo.com

N:B : sorry am not a good writer.

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism The Core Problem Of Nigeria ... by waleadex(m): 1:14am On Jan 09, 2014
Tribalism is not the core problem but created problem of Nigeria. The core problem is corruption and it keeps expanding day-in day-out.
Re: Tribalism The Core Problem Of Nigeria ... by cjrane: 3:13am On Jan 09, 2014
[size=18pt]Let Nigeria breakup after 2015!
We are tired of this sham marriage by people that hate each other so intensely.[/size]
Re: Tribalism The Core Problem Of Nigeria ... by TexaSpice: 3:44am On Jan 09, 2014
Yawn
Re: Tribalism The Core Problem Of Nigeria ... by courage54(m): 7:40am On Jan 09, 2014
waleadex: Tribalism is not the core problem but created problem of Nigeria. The core problem is corruption and it keeps expanding day-in day-out.

Is it not tribalism that still make some of our brothers to be defending even high profile corruption cases that is even more glaring to the blind? All in d name of he/she is our kinsman or our daughter and any allegation u try to raise again dem they tag it has marginalisation. Tribalism is causing more harm to us.
Re: Tribalism The Core Problem Of Nigeria ... by courage54(m): 7:43am On Jan 09, 2014
cjrane: [size=18pt]Let Nigeria breakup after 2015!
We are tired of this sham marriage by people that hate each other so intensely.[/size]

I don't see Nigeria breaking up even in 100years to come. I think Nigeria as a nation has come to stay so wat we need are pragmatic solutions to our problems not division.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism The Core Problem Of Nigeria ... by cjrane: 11:24am On Jan 09, 2014
courage54:

I don't see Nigeria breaking up even in 100years to come. I think Nigeria as a nation has come to stay so wat we need are pragmatic solutions to our problems not division.

There is no pragmatic solution that have not been tried. OIL is the only reason why Nigeria is still together. Therefore, after 2015,it will be time to start blowing up all oil infrastructure and kidnapping the oil expatriates.

This time around,we will kidnap and kill them,even after collecting ransom so that they will get the message that we truly don't want them to be uniting Nigeria with their oil production.
Re: Tribalism The Core Problem Of Nigeria ... by bloggernaija: 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
What tribalism?
Tribalism exist everywhere in the world in one firm or the other.
Racism is a form of tribalism.
That does not deter development and growth.
Syria with no oil or natural resources is divided by sect ,tribes and religion.it is 1000 times better than Nigeria.even with the war, many things still work that you can only dream about.

USA
Northern states vs southern states
Black vs white vs Latino vs Native American .

United Kingdom
Scotland vs England vs EU
north vs south

Nigeria's problem is not tribalism.
Or else the north would be developed by now .
Nigeria problems are
greed
coveteousness
materialism
Dishonesty
corruption

1 Like

Re: Tribalism The Core Problem Of Nigeria ... by waleadex(m): 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
bloggernaija: What tribalism?
Tribalism exist everywhere in the world in one firm or the other.
Racism is a form of tribalism.
That does not deter development and growth.
Syria with no oil or natural resources is divided by sect ,tribes and religion.it is 1000 times better than Nigeria.even with the war, many things still work that you can only dream about.

USA
Northern states vs southern states
Black vs white vs Latino vs Native American .

United Kingdom
Scotland vs England vs EU
north vs south

Nigeria's problem is not tribalism.
Or else the north would be developed by now .
Nigeria problems are
greed
coveteousness
materialism
Dishonesty
corruption

Very true...
Re: Tribalism The Core Problem Of Nigeria ... by blessinguwe(f): 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
political party is not the problem, all Nigeria need is division

(1) (Reply)

Ajimobi's Campaign Rice Floods Oyo State...(picture) / Congratulations To Gov Amaechi / APC Defeating PDP In Maiduguri Unit 040 In Gwoza?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.