Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (41789 Views)

#FreeEse:Emir Sanusi Denies Malicious Lies That Said He Refused To Help #freeese / See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result / Emir Sanusi To Electorate: Don’t Vote For Persecutors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by agbameta: 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
ilugunboy:

Is money missing or not?

Igbos are not oriented to collectivism and fighting for what is good for the masses or for the nation; they fight only for what is good for them individually

http://www.igbofocus.com/html/the_igbo_problem_can_be_fixed.html

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by patronka: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
The challenge I have with this administration is its seeming "pettiness". Why deal with the irrelevance of his resignation when the important issue is that of a massive fraud and cover-up. *smh*.......

I'm fully in support of SLS. I read his letter to the president (ordinary letter from a committed public servant), even if the figures were "wrong" the issue is that a significant sum is missing and even if it were "leaked"....so?

Please Mr. President, deal with your ministers (oduah, deziani, okonjo) and have the political will to say NO to corruption.

I rest my case.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
~Bluetooth:

Leave because he pointed out that taxpayers' money were missing ? This is the problem with jonathan's bootlickers, you attack the messanger instead of addressing the issues at stake. Sanusi was bad in your own thinking but tell me he was wrong when after the press conference Iweala and Diezani admitted that money was indeed missing.

You want people that will help you cover your corrupt administration but if they don't, you start name-calling. Well Jonathan can as well appoint Dokubo as the next Cbn governor so he will keep mum to the unprecedent corruption in this regime !

Let us assume it was the finance minister who blundered with figures.

Let us assume that she stated that N500B has been paid to ASUU, and ASUU denies it.
Let us assume that stake holders where called to look into the matter and it was found out that it was N200B and not N500B,

I pity the Nairaland servers!
It is not President Jonathan that will ask her to resign, it is Nigerians and nairalanders.

Sanusi has shown he is bigot who is grossly incompetent.
The only support he has is because he is in the "opposition"!

Even OBJ is in the "opposition" now!
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by ralpheously: 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria's wealth belongs to all Nigerians not the Yorubas, the hausas, the ibos nor the IJAWS !
point of correction nigeria's welth does not belong 2 nigerdelta buh 2 u,we own our oil,nd we r not nigerians be warnned!
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by awayeyebundle: 3:18pm On Jan 09, 2014
Jonathan is a not acting as a president in my own opinion but acting as a regionism and not saying the truth,everybody knw that if not Sanusi the discocvery of 10Billion usd would'nt have be possible and this money would have just be swept under carpet,abeg say the true in relevant matter instead of tribalism and nepotism statement.......................Jonathan no see anything do for Stealler Oduah matter and them remove Farouk Lawan onm top COrruption
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by awayeyebundle: 3:18pm On Jan 09, 2014
Jonathan is a not acting as a president in my own opinion but acting as a regionism and not saying the truth,everybody knw that if not Sanusi the discocvery of 10Billion usd would'nt have be possible and this money would have just be swept under carpet,abeg say the true in relevant matter instead of tribalism and nepotism statement.......................Jonathan no see anything do for Stealler Oduah matter and them remove Farouk Lawan on top COrruption
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by onemopol: 3:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
ilugunboy:

Is money missing or not?

$49b minus $10.8b leaves us with a whooping $38.2b . My logic simply is Sanusi's books that could make this huge mistake in accounting to the tune of $38b can no longer be trusted.

No money is missing.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Deskyo: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
Read d story very well, u will discover dat d writer wrote d piece on d basis of assumption which cannot be said to be d true picture of things.i wept for those who are gullible to such a falsehood. D writer shld hv given us empirical evidence.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
agbameta:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/909575_ibo_boi_boi_jpgbd75a380d9eec31fc60c4aebcf04cd8b

lmao...

You are the [size=15pt]baddest guy ever liveth[/size]..... grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
one mopol:

$49b minus $10.8b leaves us with a whooping $38.2b . My logic simply is Sanusi's books that could make this huge mistake in accounting to the tune of $38b can no longer be trusted.

No money is missing.

That your logic is flawed and can only flow from an akpu-ravaged mind.

Even the Minsters of Petroleum and Finance agreed they can't account yet for N10b.......you only need to appreciate what that huge unresolved figure can do before you start talking about accounting mistakes.

We are talking about absolute figures.

When compared...the unresolved difference is still very a [size=15pt] material amount in accounting[/size]

People like you should be ashamed.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
ilugunboy:

Is money missing or not?

The auditors are through with the auditing.
They have stated that no money is missing!

It is just that the "opposition" will not accept it

Nigerians will push Jonathan to declare Niger Delta Republic!
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
noblezone:

Give us a link to that clarification ...
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by drnoel: 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
~Bluetooth:

Leave because he pointed out that taxpayers' money were missing ? This is the problem with jonathan's bootlickers, you attack the messanger instead of addressing the issues at stake. Sanusi was bad in your own thinking but tell me he was wrong when after the press conference Iweala and Diezani admitted that money was indeed missing.

You want people that will help you cover your corrupt administration but if they don't, you start name-calling. Well Jonathan can as well appoint Dokubo as the next Cbn governor so he will keep mum to the unprecedent corruption in this regime !
U sound like u believe this shitty story. How can GEJ ask Sanisi to resign and he refuses. Does Snusi´s father own the country´s CBN? U guys surprise me. This story is so fake that it pains me to see people here commenting rubbish on an already rubbish thread. All GEJ need to do is give give orders to Sanusi´s boss and forward some new names to the senate for considerations for the post and Sanusi is out.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by nairaman66(m): 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
sylvok: when Odumegwu was forced to resign as NPC boss and his crime was nothing but the bitter truth that the population figures used to share the national cake and other plannings were sham. All the bigots here disappeared. Sanusi has caused more harm than good. He should resign for all i care.

Not today, not tomorrow.. In all honesty, can you tell me what he has done in a sentence?
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by muktarmtt(m): 3:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
ImperialYoruba: This whole drama is coming from a sense of entitlement by the President. At the root of the letter is oil revenue and the oil comes from Delta, not Kano. So who is Sanusi to raise alarm about what the owner of the resource choose to do with their money? Jonathan is acting as head of a clan, he is not Presidential at all.

It is lack of tact for the President of a Nation to say out of many ethnicities in his country a particular one is his pillar of support, and it is even very uncharismatic to defend and shield criminals on account of their ethnic background.
Jst wch ur self dic*k ass trabalis
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by tomX1(m): 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
ACM10:

Are you telling us that OBAMA does not have the power to sack BEN BERNANKE?

No. While the FED Chairman is nominated by the president, his appointment is ratified by the US senate and the US constitution provides that the FED chairman may not be sacked because of his policies and his opinions.
In event that he is to be removed from office before the expiration of his tenure, the decision must be ratified by a 2/3 majority of the senate.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by naijaking1: 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
Only mistake of GEJ is not getting Sanusi out of office sooner than now. Gen Gusau advised for his removal way earlier. Any basic psychologist would have told him a circus performer like Sanusi wasn't suited for cbn governor job.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by texazzpete(m): 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
one mopol:

Its not just the amount we are talking about. the point here is that the Apex banker of the naton does not even know how the how basic oil arithmetic is done. It is very shameful that early commentators in industry just laughed at SLS's folly when they heard $49 missing in 18 months.

So my take is that Sanusi either does not know how the country generates its income, which in itself can lead to further drilldown to show some more serious finding of ineptitude in CBN or that our Apex banker simply decided to be a politician and decided to go sensational with a claim he knew is false. EITHER WAYS THE MAN HAS TO GO.

Sanusi sent a private letter to the President. If someone leaked it without his permission, is that 'going sensational'?

As for your take on Sanusi's competence, the fact that he has won more awards on merit for his job than nearly everyone else in this Government should give you an idea on how competent he is.

Sorry, the money is by far the most important thing, not any petty jibes at Sanusi. That money can improve the standard of living of millions. Stop these childish games and act like a patriotic Nigeria, you worthless Esau!
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by texazzpete(m): 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
naijaking1: Only mistake of GEJ is not getting Sanusi out of office sooner than now. Gen Gusau advised for his removal way earlier. Any basic psychologist would have told him a circus performer like Sanusi wasn't suited for cbn governor job.

Yeah, he wasn't suited to be a yes-man for this corrupt and inept Government. Thank God the laws of the land prevents the President from firing him capriciously. How this must gall your friends in Aso Rock! cheesy

Stop giving yourselves headaches. He will step down in June. Not a day before. Just sit back and enjoy the tenure of one of the most acclaimed and internationally lauded CBN Governors we've ever had grin

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mayo47(m): 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
drnoel:
U sound like u believe this shitty story. How can GEJ ask Sanisi to resign and he refuses. Does Snusi´s father own the country´s CBN? U guys surprise me. This story is so fake that it pains me to see people here commenting rubbish on an already rubbish thread. All GEJ need to do is give give orders to Sanusi´s boss and forward some new names to the senate for considerations for the post and Sanusi is out.

Does GEJ father also own this country Am not sure u understand what called a constitution, u can check it up during ur spare time…..

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by biodunid: 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2014
Anybody that stops you lot from breaking away is my enemy. Pls declare it tonight so I can break out the champagne. Southern Sudanese today are refugees in Sudan while Al Bashir, the Sudanese president, is the one called in to make peace between the Southern Sudanese leaders. When the SE starts spanking you pls don't come crying to daddy. That is the wisdom OBJ shared years ago but you guys still don't get it.

noblezone:

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by dvee2: 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2014
one mopol:

Its not just the amount we are talking about. the point here is that the Apex banker of the naton does not even know how the how basic oil arithmetic is done. It is very shameful that early commentators in industry just laughed at SLS's folly when they heard $49 missing in 18 months.

So my take is that Sanusi either does not know how the country generates its income, which in itself can lead to further drilldown to show some more serious finding of ineptitude in CBN or that our Apex banker simply decided to be a politician and decided to go sensational with a claim he knew is false. EITHER WAYS THE MAN HAS TO GO.

My friend ,the reason why sanasi does not know the "oil arithmetic" according to you is the main reason why Sanusi wrote the letter in the first place. The nnpc has been using voodoo accounting for decades, cheating on Nigerians and operating as a government on its own. No one knows how they arrive at their figures, they simply pay spend what they want to spend and pass the remaining to the federal government. This is what Sanusi is fighting for, actually the finance minister should even have been the one asking these questions, but Sanusi was bold enough to ask the question. It is wrong for the nnpc to spend money that has not been appropriated. Ask yourself why it takes a corporation like nnpc several weeks to come up with an explanation about how the money is spent? If nnpc is your company will you wait that long for your managers to cook the books? PEtronas Malaysian version of our own nnpc has investment all over the world in addition to the countries oil export fees, but with a touch of the button , they can generate annual book balance to the last decimal point. In this computer age , our nnpc pretends and hide oil sharing formula with it and third party so that only them will determine how much they pay into the federation account. And some people would come here saying Sanusi does not know oil arithmetic. It is designed by nnpc deliberately so that nobody knows,several CBN governors after,someone is challenging the status co and gullible Nigerians wants to hang him. Whe vilify our heroes while we celebrate the thieves. This country is doomed. No upright man will succeed.

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
biodunid: Anybody that stops you lot from breaking away is my enemy. Pls declare it tonight so I can break out the champagne. Southern Sudanese today are refugees in Sudan while Al Bashir, the Sudanese president, is the one called in to make peace between the Southern Sudanese leaders. When the SE starts spanking you pls don't come crying to daddy. That is the wisdom OBJ shared years ago but you guys still don't get it.

Stop taking people like noblezone that threatens with breakaway serious...

On the eve of 2014....he was disturbing our ears about the end of Nigeria as an entity and how Biafra is coming.

Meanwhile ..he is an elderly Ibo man that have lived all his adult life in PH...he can't imagine life outside PH.

...I think his present grouse has to do with the fact that his son failed to secure an admission into a Fed govt owned school because he didn't meet the cut off marks.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
dvee2:

My friend ,the reason why sanasi does not know the "oil arithmetic" according to you is the main reason why Sanusi wrote the letter in the first place. The nnpc has been using voodoo accounting for decades, cheating on Nigerians and operating as a government on its own. No one knows how they arrive at their figures, they simply pay spend what they want to spend and pass the remaining to the federal government. This is what Sanusi is fighting for, actually the finance minister should even have been the one asking these questions, but Sanusi was bold enough to ask the question. It is wrong for the nnpc to spend money that has not been appropriated. Ask yourself why it takes a corporation like nnpc several weeks to come up with an explanation about how the money is spent? If nnpc is your company will you wait that long for your managers to cook the books? PEtronas Malaysian version of our own nnpc has investment all over the world in addition to the countries oil export fees, but with a touch of the button , they can generate annual book balance to the last decimal point. In this computer age , our nnpc pretends and hide oil sharing formula with it and third party so that only them will determine how much they pay into the federation account. And some people would come here saying Sanusi does not know oil arithmetic. It is designed by nnpc deliberately so that nobody knows,several CBN governors after,someone is challenging the status co and gullible Nigerians wants to hang him. Whe vilify our heroes while we celebrate the thieves. This country is doomed. No upright man will succeed.

Gbam!!

The system discourages honest and upright people. Only dirty and dishonest people thrives.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mkeji1: 4:18pm On Jan 09, 2014
The story reminded me of my contribution here on the issue of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and the house committee on finance late last year. To many of you that support blindly and argued against the tide of ocean, you can now realised tht GEJ, have nothing to offer us as a country irrespective of the high prrofile of his economic adviser.
Nigeria is doomed with billion of naira / Dollars/ Euros/ Pounds embezzled by some high profile politician in the country in a jobless country with high rate of unemployment.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by agbameta: 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
dvee2:

Well articulated. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by drnoel: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
mayo47:

Does GEJ father also own this country Am not sure u understand what called a constitution, u can check it up during ur spare time…..
U that has checked it tell us what the constitution say about the CBN governor. If u can´t paste it here or don´t have a paragraph of it u can paste for ushere then pls close ur mouth and 4ever hold ur peace.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by bappahman: 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Billyonaire:

A central Bank governor that is not vested with statistics and inner working of the revenue generation of the government, is not qualified to be my personal accountant. Sanusi studied Islamic Religion most of his adult life and had no reason to head a central bank. He is a marxist like me, but truth is, he is supposed to lead political parties not even a central bank of burundi
Sanusi should just leave.
In 1985 Sanusi joined Icon Limited (Merchant
Bankers), a subsidiary of Morgan Guaranty Trust
Bank of New York, and Baring Brothers of
London. He moved to the United Bank for Africa
in 1997 in the Credit and Risk Management
Division, rising to the position of a General
Manager. In September 2005, he joined the Board
of First Bank of Nigeria as an Executive Director
in charge of Risk and Management Control, and
was appointed Group Managing Director (CEO) in
January 2009. He was also the Chairman,
Kakawa Discount House and sat on the Board of
FBN Bank (UK) Limited.[1] Sanusi is recognized
in the banking industry for his contribution
towards developing a Risk Management culture in
the Nigerian banking sector.[5] First Bank is
Nigeria's oldest bank and one of the biggest
financial institutions in Africa.[6] Sanusi was the
first Northerner to be appointed CEO in First
Bank's history of more than a century.[7]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mayo47(m): 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
drnoel:
U that has checked it tell us what the constitution say about the CBN governor. If u can´t paste it here or don´t have a paragraph of it u can paste for ushere then pls close ur mouth and 4ever hold ur peace.

I think its getting to become a nigerian thing that whenever u get criticised, u return it was some sort of abuse. Pls U should learn how to handle criticism positively….

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
mayo47:

I think its getting to become a nigerian thing that whenever u get criticised, u return it was some sort of abuse. Pls U should learn how to handle criticism positively….

Everybody want to be a bully now on NL...
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by gogodaye(m): 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
The Plot is thickening & the desperation of those out to do PGEJ in cannot but leave on in a state of 'bewilderment.'
The Nigerian press noted widely for the prowess in being sensational are having a good day throwing cautions to the wind by their speculation laced headlines reportage.
Now the innuendo to be drawn from this piece is the fact that ..........our Governor at the Central Bank of Nigeria (Sanusi) has earned for himself a place on the amorphous prestigious lists of 1000 persons! Haba!!
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by jpphilips(m): 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
presido;
stop his allowance and benefits while he occupies the office free for the remaining 2 months, that Aboki does not deserve an extra kobo from tax payers.
While you are at it, make sure you have a good plan on how to recover the $10.8b unless you know wetin do am, no vex I talk like that because even corruption himself is unhappy with your administration.

when will Mr president learn? fire Sanusi for incompetence not a leaked letter for God's sake! a grade 1 politician knows that, damn you!.
An administrator who confuses $10.8b with $48.9b is nothing but incompetent

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Climbs Ladder To Inspect A Flyover Project: Pic / Reuters UK Predict GEJ Victory In 2015 / Buhari And Niger-Delta Dialogue Team Meet + What PMB Told Them - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.