Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,246 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (41778 Views)

#FreeEse:Emir Sanusi Denies Malicious Lies That Said He Refused To Help #freeese / See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result / Emir Sanusi To Electorate: Don’t Vote For Persecutors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by madnigerian: 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
You know, reading some of the anti-Sanusi comments here makes me feel like I wasted my time supporting the return to democracy in 1999.

A man tells the President of a country that money is missing....and all some idiots here can see is that the man is doing it out of tribal spite.

Back in the day, when we were under the rule of the 'Hausas', we had the massive corruption of folks like Shagari and IBB...and when we complained then, we were told to shut up...that all our complaining was due to the fact that we were 'jealous Southerners'.

Now, 10 Billion dollars is missing from the National coffers, 10 BILLION DOLLARS!.

And all of us who are critical of the matter are called names. The CBN chap who cried out about the missing money is labelled an Islamist.

Well, it is a bloody shame that Christians in this country, since Jona took over, have lost their Christian values.

In this country, people go to bed hungry. People are sick and cannot afford healthcare. Our Education sector is in amess, corruption runs rampant, and kidnapping and Boko is the order of the day.

And all some people can do is excuse the stealing of 10 Billion dollars, because it is 'our man in charge'.

You know what, I am ashamed to be a Christian in Nigeria today. ASHAMED. Because we Christians, out of bitterness at being knocked out of power in this country for so long are excusing the mess made by this administration because 'they are Christians'

What even makes it worse is that now we must vote for corrupt Christian PDP ...despite the fact that in 14 years of leadership, they have done nothing right.

I am ashamed of all Nigerians...ashamed.

So, I am calling on all Nigerians......stop excusing corrupt people, STOP EXCUSING THEM. Every Nigerian, North or South should stop excusing corruption. The Church in Nigeria should stop worship of Mammon and political power and BE a church of piety FGS!

Nigerians, awake. Sanusi is complaing that your money is being stolen, and in your madness, you accuse him of being a liar.

Nigerians awake....this is not about destroying Jonathan's government or killing Igbos.....THIS IS ABOUT WHAT IS YOUR OWN!

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mankand(m): 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
hmm

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by madnigerian: 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
ZACHIE: Nigeria is overdue for a proper President

Thank you...but we do not deserve a proper president.

If Sanusi can cry out about lost money and people call him 'Islamist' and 'Illiterate Northerner'.....or if hundreds of people can come out to prevent EFCC from arresting a Governor,or if the average Civil servant can turn his office into 'Toll Gate' , or if looters get presidential pardons, and so on.....I do not think that such a people(Nigerians) deserve a proper President.

Because if they get one.....they will promptly kill him, and burn his body into ash.

Nigerians are an evil people...and an evil people do not deserve a good president.

So, Nigerians......REPENT.

Nigerians, awake!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by penielnig(m): 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
Why is this Govt picking up unnecessary fight with individuals or any organs of the govt that seem not to be on thesame corruption level with the presidency.this immature and undiplomatic way of handling nation's matters is fast denting the image of the office of the president..after making himself an enemy to virtually all sections of the country,one wonder where his votes would come from in the next election.i pray for wisdom for mr president to be able to weather the storms coming his way before 2015 general elections.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Orikinla(m): 1:50pm On Jan 09, 2014
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
mad nigerian: You know, reading some of the anti-Sanusi comments here makes me feel like I wasted my time supporting the return to democracy in 1999.

A man tells the President of a country that money is missing....and all some idiots here can see is that the man is doing it out of tribal spite.

Back in the day, when we were under the rule of the 'Hausas', we had the massive corruption of folks like Shagari and IBB...and when we complained then, we were told to shut up...that all our complaining was due to the fact that we were 'jealous Southerners'.

Now, 10 Billion dollars is missing from the National coffers, 10 BILLION DOLLARS!.

And all of us who are critical of the matter are called names. The CBN chap who cried out about the missing money is labelled an Islamist.

Well, it is a bloody shame that Christians in this country, since Jona took over, have lost their Christian values.

In this country, people go to bed hungry. People are sick and cannot afford healthcare. Our Education sector is in amess, corruption runs rampant, and kidnapping and Boko is the order of the day.

And all some people can do is excuse the stealing of 10 Billion dollars, because it is 'our man in charge'.

You know what, I am ashamed to be a Christian in Nigeria today. ASHAMED. Because we Christians, out of bitterness at being knocked out of power in this country for so long are excusing the mess made by this administration because 'they are Christians'

What even makes it worse is that now we must vote for corrupt Christian PDP ...despite the fact that in 14 years of leadership, they have done nothing right.

So, I am calling on all Nigerians......stop excusing corrupt people, STOP EXCUSING THEM. Every Nigerian, North or South should stop excusing corruption. The Church in Nigeria should stop worship of Mammon and political power and BE a church of piety FGS!

Nigerians, awake. Sanusi is complaing that your money is being stolen, and in your madness, you accuse him of being a liar.

Nigerians awake....this is not about destroying Jonathan's government or killing Igbos.....THIS IS ABOUT WHAT IS YOUR OWN!

May Providence smile upon you always for this post!

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Manred0(m): 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
nairaman66: How can GEJ ask Sanusi to resign when Stella Oduah is still in active service? What an Irony.. It is only a child that sees a snake and call it fish. Disaster is lurking grin
on point bro
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Pataki: 1:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ebele! Ebele!! Ebele!!!

You are an authentic doofus of a President!

Deal with SLS - you are damned!

Deal with Amaechi - you are damned!

Deal with Oduah - you are permanently damned!

Who can you now handle in this country? grin cheesy grin Clueless doofus!

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
Many people just simply can't comprehend what TEN BILLION DOLLARS can do to Nigeria....

That is the only excuse to give for this blind support for govt wastefulness.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by akpan123(m): 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
If its true, Why or what is the reason. l believe if the letter was leaked. that was not right, but he did the right thing by bringing up the issue about the nnpc fund. sometimes when public official look at a mirror , l wonder what they see. whether a heartless corrupt official ready to destroy a nation economy. or a official full of integrity, and ready to sacrifice for his or her country. lets leave ethnic or party affiliate, rather
elect official that will be ready to give accountability with humbleness.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by blacksta(m): 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
where is our 10 billion dollar - if you attack Sanusi - I think you must be mad angry

They claim obj stole 16 billion dollar

now gej has stolen another 10 billion
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by maxtamazin: 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
luvinhubby: When it`s obvious that Sanusi is an incompetent liar. Time has revealed that his `so called` bank reforms was a big sham.
The fact that he was dancing around figures (from 48 to 12) on the `missing` amount shows he is an incompetent CBN governor.
The report of the auditors on the issue has proven him wrong so he should do the needful cheesy and resign.

The fact that money is missing(regardless of how much) shows that GEJ is corrupt. It is a shame as a nation that we are willing to close our eyes to corruption because of tribalism,blind loyalty and lack of exposure to how true democratic system works.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mayo47(m): 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
okpara ugo:

Sanusi is not being punished for being patriotic but for breaching his oath of secrecy.

Understand it. Government and many businesses thrive on secrecy..

A democratic Govt thrive on secrecy, bruv do u know what u saying?? why do u think people were clamouring for the FOI bill! the only govt agency that might thrive on secrecy are the intelligent units such as EFCC,NIA, SSS

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mayo47(m): 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
mad nigerian: You know, reading some of the anti-Sanusi comments here makes me feel like I wasted my time supporting the return to democracy in 1999.

You see people claim they are christian and bear false witness (One of the 10 commandment) just because they read a story in sum blog, website or newspaper. They base all their comment on what they read, not having a rethought whether its true or not.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
[size=14pt]These are the issues the PDP and GEJ are running away from...they know very well these issues will be use as campaign tools by the opposition....so they can't afford to campaign on such issues but are going early with the religion and tribal card to campaign...

But most Nigerians are definitely not fools...even if some want to be fooled.[/size]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
mayo47:

A democratic Govt thrive on secrecy, bruv do u know what u saying?? why do u think people were clamouring for the FOI bill! the only govt agency that might thrive on secrecy are the intelligent units such as EFCC,NIA, SSS

Let them keep manufacturing insane and ridiculous excuses for cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
President Jonathan is not capable, he should resign immediately

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by onemopol: 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
Pukkah:

Where was the $10.8 billion before Sanusi's letter?

What has been done to those who didn't remit the $10.8 billion?

Do you agree that $10.8 billion is a whole lot of money?

Now, read carefully and answer carefully.

No long story. Just answers.

Its not just the amount we are talking about. the point here is that the Apex banker of the naton does not even know how the how basic oil arithmetic is done. It is very shameful that early commentators in industry just laughed at SLS's folly when they heard $49 missing in 18 months.

So my take is that Sanusi either does not know how the country generates its income, which in itself can lead to further drilldown to show some more serious finding of ineptitude in CBN or that our Apex banker simply decided to be a politician and decided to go sensational with a claim he knew is false. EITHER WAYS THE MAN HAS TO GO.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by maclatunji: 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
mikeansy: And by the way, while the CBN Governor has a term limit not to be altered by the President, they do not have immunity from prosecution.

[b]
If the Presidency has evidence of corruption against Sanusi, they should send EFCC after him now! [/b]Let him answer the allegations against him, at that point am sure he will have to make a decision to be either sent to jail while in office or resign!

@bolded, I don't think GEJ has the stomach for such a fight. A CBN Governor knows where Nigeria's money is and whoever is stealing it.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by oshdot(m): 2:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
It is now obvious that certain elements will stop at nothing in making sure that the polity is kept heated up. First it was stella oduha and her allegedly fake college degree, a claim which the senate had since quashed. Now it is claim of a rift between the president and sanusi...SMH
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by SpencerLewis(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
Abagworo:

Nigerians are ready now but the issue is that Jonathan is feeling bad that it is during his time that the masses have increased awareness and interest. Contrary to what you and some others believe, it is neither APC nor Jonathan's fault but technology. The level of political and current affairs awareness in Nigeria has skyrocketed as a result of social media and Jonathan is paying the price of that just like those Policemen caught on camera collecting bribe.
This is the most sensible comment on this thread so far. 1st of all I detest Sanusi esp with his so-called banking reform and his Islamic posture. Nobody shd blame APC or OBJ for GEJ's incompetence. Let him test his popularity by getting 2/3 majority needed in the senate to fire Sanusi. CBN governor's post is not like that of a minister a president can hire and fire @ will. SLS 4 once did the right thing by the alarm he raise, even though it eventually turned out to be abt 10 or 12.8billion were unaccountable for. He shd 1st sack his his Kleptomaniac wife, then Diezani, Oduah and finally himself b/4 SLS.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
one mopol:

Its not just the amount we are talking about. the point here is that the Apex banker of the naton does not even know how the how basic oil arithmetic is done. It is very shameful that early commentators in industry just laughed at SLS's folly when they heard $49 missing in 18 months.

So my take is that Sanusi either does not know how the country generates its income, which in itself can lead to further drilldown to show some more serious finding of ineptitude in CBN or that our Apex banker simply decided to be a politician and decided to go sensational with a claim he knew is false. EITHER WAYS THE MAN HAS TO GO.

You are still glossing over the fact that 10B is still not yet accounted for....you made it look like we are talking about =N=10m only.

.....aren't you bothered about that..but SLS arithmetics?
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by mikeapollo: 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
Obiagu1:

The problem was not about performing his duties, rather it was about the leak.

Like I have always said, it was a coordinated plot and the focal point that was needed to initiate the impeachment of the President, hence the mass defections from the PDP and the open letter. Unfortunately for the schemers, the figures were wrong and the plot collapsed.

Sanusi played politics to undermine his boss rather that patriotically perform his duty so he has to go.

Shut up and do not bring in any mischief into this. Sanusi clearly stated in his letter to GEJ that he had been raising the issue of the missing funds during Federal Executive Council meetings but nothing had changed. So he decided to formally inform the president so that an official action could be taken to put an end to it. Now it has been established that about a whopping $10.8b is missing. That is about $1.7trillion missing......about the same figure that was claimed by GEJ and Okonjo-Iweala as the amount of fuel subsidy which made them to increase fuel price by 50% from N65 to N97, and causing people to suffer.

GEJ does not think deeply. Any president that asks a CBN governor to resign because of such letter is not serious. Such letter would eventually be leaked to the press, anyway. It always happens.

I think GEJ is a very petty person!
Sanusi has proved to be a patriotic and fearless civil servant....a man that is bold enough to talk truth to power. He dealt with the corrupt bank CEOs, the Senate, House of Reps.....and now the Presidency.
I pray we have more of Sanusi in government......but sadly, people like him cannot last long in Nigeria's dirty waters....no wonder he has decided to go back to the academia.
Sanusi is quite different from a CBN governor that would lobby to be retained after his first tenure, and when that failed, he rushed to pick a gubernatorial form to contest for governorship and became the errand boy of the political thug like Chris Mba. When that failed, he left his first part and rushed to pick another gubernatorial form under another party......and when that failed, he rushed to another party......a whole professor of Economics for that matter!........that is what I call DESPERATION......a Desperado that would do anything to be in charge of where there is money!.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by karpentar: 2:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
~Bluetooth:

Leave because he pointed out that taxpayers' money were missing ? This is the problem with jonathan's bootlickers, you attack the messanger instead of addressing the issues at stake. Sanusi was bad in your own thinking but tell me he was wrong when after the press conference Iweala and Diezani admitted that money was indeed missing.

You want people that will help you cover your corrupt administration but if they don't, you start name-calling. Well Jonathan can as well appoint Dokubo as the next Cbn governor so he will keep mum to the unprecedent corruption in this regime !

Which Taxpayer's money.....very funny. Niger delta/Ijaw oil money is what you call Taxpayer's money? Go to school!
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by wolexf(m): 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
one mopol:

Listen to yourself. SLS has been governor for several years. He didn't complain of missing money till now. He know how much is meant to hit the federation account and the money didn't come for several months.

Most people are very ignorant the figure didn't reduce because he was wrong. What happened was that NNPC and Ngozi explained how the money was spent.

Any reasonable person will know that all revenue is meant to hit the federation account first before it is spent but NNPC took oil revenue spent it with impunity and paid the balance into the account.

In a reasonable country the heads to roll are the minsters of finance and petroleum as well as the leadership of NNPC

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by onemopol: 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
ilugunboy:

You are still glossing over the fact that 10B is still not yet accounted for....you made it look like we are talking about =N=10m only.

.....aren't you bothered about that..but SLS arithmetics?

Guy if someone came yesterday to shout that $49b is missing and after about 3 days of tutorials by those that know and he comes to say "I made a mistake its no longer $49b but $10b" will you believe him?

SLS is a very stubborn and arrogant guy, for him to eat the humble pie and admit that he was in error shows that the facts are overwhelmingly against his claim

$49b missing in 18 months and only Sanusi's CBN knows in an economy that is almost solely dependent on oil income and una still dey support am.

Sanusi has simply lost the perceived "professional know-how" for someone like me to believe him, so his $10b claim too na lie.
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Wallie(m): 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
ACM10:

Are you telling us that OBAMA does not have the power to sack BEN BERNANKE? You have broken the unenviable record of cluelessness.

He can ask him to resign but if he refuses, according to the US constitution (Federal Reserve Act), he'll need to go the courts, which have a very high standard for removing anyone in an agency designed to be autonomous.

Read the article below for better clarity:

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/12/15/fire-bernanke-not-so-fast-mr-gingrich/

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by agbameta: 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
Following the exchange, Sanusi, another source said, briefed his close aides at the CBN and family of what had transpired between himself and the president. The source said he did it to shield himself from harm, as he felt his life might be in danger for defying the direct order of the president.

Not blaming you homeboy, sniper list is real......lmao
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by agbameta: 3:08pm On Jan 09, 2014
lmao @ Oponuchukwu Jonathan abdul el retardeen.

Fire the good guys, but sheild and protect crooks like his NNPC minister with still no answer to Nigerians per the missing billions and Stella the crook ODUAH with N250 million cars that doesn't exist and Nigerians haven't seen..

This grossly corrupt and mentally inept and deranged is one of a kind. grin

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2014
mikeapollo:

Shut up and do not bring in any mischief into this. Sanusi clearly stated in his letter to GEJ that he had been raising the issue of the missing funds during Federal Executive Council meetings but nothing had changed. So he decided to formally inform the president so that an official action could be taken to put an end to it. Now it has been established that about a whopping $10.8b is missing. That is about $1.7trillion missing......about the same figure that was claimed by GEJ and Okonjo-Iweala as the amount of fuel subsidy which made them to increase fuel price by 50% from N65 to N97, and causing people to suffer.

GEJ does not think deeply. Any president that asks a CBN governor to resign because of such letter is not serious. Such letter would eventually be leaked to the press, anyway. It always happens.

I think GEJ is a very petty person!
Sanusi has proved to be a patriotic and fearless civil servant....a man that is bold enough to talk truth to power. He dealt with the corrupt bank CEOs, the Senate, House of Reps.....and now the Presidency.
I pray we have more of Sanusi in government......but sadly, people like him cannot last long in Nigeria's dirty waters....no wonder he has decided to go back to the academia.
Sanusi is quite different from a CBN governor that would lobby to be retained after his first tenure, and when that failed, he rushed to pick a gubernatorial form to contest for governorship and became the errand boy of the political thug like Chris Mba. When that failed, he left his first part and rushed to pick another gubernatorial form under another party......and when that failed, he rushed to another party......a whole professor of Economics for that matter!........that is what I call DESPERATION......a Desperado that would do anything to be in charge of where there is money!.

How much are you willing to give me if I guess the name of that desperado correctly...? cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
one mopol:

Guy if someone came yesterday to shout that $49b is missing and after about 3 days of tutorials by those that know and he comes to say "I made a mistake its no longer $49b but $10b" will you believe him?

SLS is a very stubborn and arrogant guy, for him to eat the humble pie and admit that he was in error shows that the facts are overwhelmingly against his claim

$49b missing in 18 months and only Sanusi's CBN knows in an economy that is almost solely dependent on oil income and una still dey support am.

Sanusi has simply lost the perceived "professional know-how" for someone like me to believe him, so his $10b claim too na lie.

Is money missing or not?
Re: President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused by agbameta: 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
ilugunboy:

How much are you willing to give me if I guess the name of that desperado correctly...? cheesy cheesy grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/909575_ibo_boi_boi_jpgbd75a380d9eec31fc60c4aebcf04cd8b

lmao...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation / Jega Addresses Nigerians On AIT/ChannelsTV Live / Buhari Will Go Back To UK In Few Weeks Time For Follow-Up Treatment -SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.