Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan (134966 Views)

UNILORIN 2014/2015 Direct Entry Thread / 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission,university Of Ibadan,aspirant Let Meet Here. / Get JAMB 2014/2015 Direct Entry Card Online! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by DazzleRachy(f): 10:10am On Aug 11, 2014
Wen is d school site going to be opened for Direct entry registration?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Dotmanmighty: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
As a DE aspirant, What are we going to submit to ui website
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gideonaire: 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hi, pals. I have already registered, submitted my printed copy of the jamb confirmation slip which shows that I registered for D.E at the jamb office, but without my Diploma certificate because it wasn't ready as at the time I went to do the submission. Please, does anyone have any info for me? I finished with distinction, Diploma in Computer Science at Olabisi Onabanjo University but wish to continue at the University of Ibadan.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Amygal39(f): 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
Pls I wrote cambridge Alevels and they just released our results. Pls wts d next tin 2 do am I to submit anytn to ui?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by peppy045: 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
Pls I need someone to answer urgently. I applied for a student copy of my transcript not d official copy. Pls can I submit the student copy or it has to be official. Plus I don't know d difference between the two.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gbengem(m): 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
Amygal39: Pls I wrote cambridge Alevels and they just released our results. Pls wts d next tin 2 do am I to submit anytn to ui?
I guess u're to submit your academic transcript to UI admissions office A̶̲̥̅̊₪d wait till UI direct entry portal link will be made available I fink all other required document will be listed on their portal when the registration starts
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gbengem(m): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
peppy045: Pls I need someone to answer urgently. I applied for a student copy of my transcript not d official copy. Pls can I submit the student copy or it has to be official. Plus I don't know d difference between the two.
I think ┏̲Y̶̲̅┓̲o̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ are to submit the official one which will be issued A̶̲̥̅̊₪d stamped by your school registrar A̶̲̥̅̊₪d then addressed alongside with a letter to your destination school. The difference btw the two Ȋ̝̊̅§ that the official copy will be addressed to the school while the student copy will carry no destination address
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gbengem(m): 3:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
DazzleRachy: Wen is d school site going to be opened for Direct entry registration?
I guess it should be made available after the post utme exam, but I suggest ┏̲Y̶̲̅┓̲o̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ keep checking ui portal from time to time
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Amygal39(f): 5:42am On Aug 14, 2014
Gbengem: I guess u're to submit your academic transcript to UI admissions office A̶̲̥̅̊₪d wait till UI direct entry portal link will be made available I fink all other required document will be listed on their portal when the registration starts
academic traNsript? Like my cambridge and waec result?
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by sigolisis: 6:26am On Aug 14, 2014
Gideonaire: Hi, pals. I have already registered, submitted my printed copy of the jamb confirmation slip which shows that I registered for D.E at the jamb office, but without my Diploma certificate because it wasn't ready as at the time I went to do the submission. Please, does anyone have any info for me? I finished with distinction, Diploma in Computer Science at Olabisi Onabanjo University but wish to continue at the University of Ibadan.

Nothing to worry about for now, just pray that the result comes out early enough for the screening at UI
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by sigolisis: 6:58am On Aug 14, 2014
Amygal39: Pls I wrote cambridge Alevels and they just released our results. Pls wts d next tin 2 do am I to submit anytn to ui?

Not yet, keep up to date with ui website for the next line of action
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gbengem(m): 8:11am On Aug 14, 2014
Amygal39: academic traNsript? Like my cambridge and waec result?
the transcript Ȋ̝̊̅§ your academic score sheet which contains all ur scores in each courses u offered during your A' Levels programme. Waec result Ȋ̝̊̅§ your o'level result so ┏̲Y̶̲̅┓̲o̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ wouldn't be asked to submit that yet till the online registration starts
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gideonaire: 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
Thank you, sigolisis. I already have the certificate. Only certificate and transcript are being given at my school anyway. But I was told the transcript will only be required when a D.E candidate has already been selected to continue his/her studies at any choice of school. Now, I think schools can only send your transcript once and following this issue of submitting before the screening exam going on here, I am kinda lost. And another important aspect of the transcript is that it is always being addressed to your intending school choice from your initial school. What if after the screening a student would not pass the screening exam? What then will happen if such student would want to try D.E next year, probably this time not UI? Who will address the school such person would be trying out next? And there you have a transcript already addressed to the University of Ibadan i.e if you even have the document file with you.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gmtolap(m): 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
could someone please give me the route from ile ife to university of ibadan? please i need it urgently
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gbengem(m): 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
Gideonaire: Thank you, sigolisis. I already have the certificate. Only certificate and transcript are being given at my school anyway. But I was told the transcript will only be required when a D.E candidate has already been selected to continue his/her studies at any choice of school. Now, I think schools can only send your transcript once and following this issue of submitting before the screening exam going on here, I am kinda lost. And another important aspect of the transcript is that it is always being addressed to your intending school choice from your initial school. What if after the screening a student would not pass the screening exam? What then will happen if such student would want to try D.E next year, probably this time not UI? Who will address the school such person would be trying out next? And there you have a transcript already addressed to the University of Ibadan i.e if you even have the document file with you.
@ bolded part once the admission doesn't click that year ┏̲Y̶̲̅┓̲o̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ ll have to re apply for the request of another transcript from your school the following year for another admission process whether UI or another school...
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by significance: 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
Pls clarify me....must the transcript be addressed to UI admissions office....we are told on UI helpdesk to 'submit' our transcript not to ask our school to 'send' it. If I get the transcript my self and with my own hands go to submit and register it at UI is there any problem with that.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by gcoded2014(m): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
Pls can anybody tel me if UI is accepting lower credit plsssss
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gbengem(m): 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
significance: Pls clarify me....must the transcript be addressed to UI admissions office....we are told on UI helpdesk to 'submit' our transcript not to ask our school to 'send' it. If I get the transcript my self and with my own hands go to submit and register it at UI is there any problem with that.
there Ȋ̝̊̅§ nothing wrong about ┏̲Y̶̲̅┓̲o̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ submitting it yourself. But make sure u make no alterance or correction on the transcript it should be submitted jst exactly d way it was given to ┏̲Y̶̲̅┓̲o̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ in ur school.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gbengem(m): 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
gcoded2014: Pls can anybody tel me if UI is accepting lower credit plsssss
Sorry No . UI accepts the minimum of upper credit.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gideonaire: 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
significance: Pls clarify me....must the transcript be addressed to UI admissions office....we are told on UI helpdesk to 'submit' our transcript not to ask our school to 'send' it. If I get the transcript my self and with my own hands go to submit and register it at UI is there any problem with that.
Now, ma question is will the submission be before the screening or after the screening? Please, significance, help me out with an answer to ma question, please o I beg. Abi? Since you've atleast heard som'n about the submission of the transcript at the UI help-desk. Abeg o, make I no go lost finish.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by LopeAjewole: 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
Please, I need help here, my Transcript is not ready, but the statement of result is ready, will U.I accept statement of result? thanks.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by africaflozy(f): 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
[quote author=Gideonaire]
Now, ma question is will the submission be before the screening or after the screening? Please, significance, help me out with an answer to ma question, please o I beg. Abi? Since you've atleast heard som'n about the submission of the transcript at the UI help-desk. Abeg o, make I no go lost finish.[ submission of transcript shud b before screening.]
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by africaflozy(f): 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hello my fellow Uites.am new here,op am welcom into d group?[center]Hello my fellow Uites.am new here,op am welcom into d group?[/center]Hello my fellow Uites.am new here,op am welcom into d group?

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by africaflozy(f): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
How to calculate ur results to knw if u ar up to d cut-off mark of ur dept.
O'level is over 60-A1:6,B2:5,B3:4,C4:3,C5:2,C6:1
choose ur five core subjects if u are using 1sitting and calculate ,e.g mathB2:5,EngC4:3,litB3:4,govC4:3,ecoC6:1, =16multiply by 2=38/60
your CGPA is over 40-
if overal CGPA is 5.0,u calculate lyk dis:CGPAmultiply by 40 and divide by 5,
e.g,3.90multiply by40 divide by 5=31.2
now add o'level score wc is 38 with CGPA wc is 31.2=69.2
dats ur marks wc u will use to knw if u ar up to or above d u.i cut-off marks for ur choice of course. d earlier d better,if u calculate it nw it will elp u decide ur fallback course(s) wen its tym for the processing..gudluck.

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by ennydollar15(m): 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
pls fellow nairalanders, i wanna study medicine through D.E to u.i but i dont know if JAMB DE form is still out. PLs Can any1 Help...Or guide me 2ru
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by vikispet(f): 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Are you tired of staying at home, and you wrote the last UTME with little or no chance of gaining admission. The time for another year at home is over, you can successfully gain admission in any republic. of benin university.

With just 5 credits not more than 2 sittings, OND/NCE/HND for Direct Entry into 200/300 level.
With no Jamb and no passport you can be an undergraduate and do your service immediately after graduation.

COURSES AVAILABLE: are Accountancy,
Business Administration,
International Relation,
Marketing,
Public Administration,
Economic,
Biochemistry,
Microbiology,
Computer Science,
Animal Science,
Nursing,
Mass Communication,
Pharmacy
Law.

Why you must take this opportunity
1- Guarantee admission.
2- learning in a very conducive. environment
3- learning how to speak french
4- no occultism
5- accommodation available
6- no delay in study
7- exposure to another culture and developing of complete personality a s. an international student
8- Guarantee NYSC
9- Bsc 3 years
10- affordable school fees
And lots more.

An adage say a purposeful person with eye. for success always seek for. alternative route when encounter with challenges on his favorite route. Don't put your life education in the hold up of JAMB take this opportunity and sour high on eagles wing.

For. more informations, enquirers and Registration form
Contact this phone Numbers: +22966730755 07065015992, 07067865994
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by haydex10000: 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
pls can u tell us d cut off marks for each department for direct entry candidate
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by significance: 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
@Gideonnaire....which screening...is it PUME screening or DE? Well, I learnt UI dont do DE screening....The submission of the Transcript is on now screening or no screening.

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by samsolite(m): 10:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
significance: @Gideonnaire....which screening...is it PUME screening or DE? Well, I learnt UI dont do DE screening....The submission of the Transcript is on now screening or no screening.

Are u sure UI doesn't do Post DE screening? I also applied for DE but I'm yet to submit my transcript as I'm staying far from Ibadan.
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by Gbengem(m): 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
africaflozy: How to calculate ur results to knw if u ar up to d cut-off mark of ur dept.
choose ur five core subjects if u are using 1sitting and calculate ,e.g mathB2:5,EngC4:3,litB3:4,govC4:3,ecoC6:1, =16multiply by 2=38/60
your CGPA is over 40-
dats ur marks wc u will use to knw if u ar up to or above d u.i cut-off marks for ur choice of course. d earlier d better,if u calculate it nw it will elp u decide ur fallback course(s) wen its tym for the processing..gudluck.
are u for REAL!!!
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by xtian234(m): 4:53am On Aug 17, 2014
africaflozy: How to calculate ur results to knw if u ar up to d cut-off mark of ur dept.
your CGPA is over 40-

i have calculated mine i had 69.5 going for food science and tech. i hope am good to go bro.... am
and am from Abia state
Re: 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan by xtian234(m): 4:56am On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=africaflozy]How to calculate ur results to knw if u ar up to d cut-off mark of ur dept.
your CGPA is over 40-

i have calculated mine i had 69.5 going for food science and tech. i hope am good to go bro.... a
and am from Abia state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Latest News On ASUU Strike / FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! / Federal Government Scholarship 2016/2017 Exam Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.