Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,502 members, 7,954,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:34 PM

North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan (20316 Views)

Usman Guba, Only The North Has The Right To Claim Ownership Of Nigeria's Oil / Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It / Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by IGBOSON1: 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
holyvirgin: I quite agree with Mr President on the fact that North has more resources that needs to be harnessed. North also has fertile land for farming and cultivation of crops.

But the problem has always been bad leadership. Most northern leaders don't look inward or try to invest in non oil sector all they want is Revenue and their share of the money so they can embezzel it. Take for instance Adamawa state alone can feed the whole of Nigeria with its vast land, good soil but sadly they are still backward. Atiku is busy buying up lands in yola while Nyako is busy fighting GEJ whereas masses are suffering.

^^^My take has always been that if Nigeria were to disintegrate tomorrow; or if we begin the practice of a confederal system of gov't, with the whole north (east, west and middle-belt) as one unit........if any of the aforementioned scenarios were to occur, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Northern Nigeria would emerge as the richest region in the country! What needs to happen is for them to have the same level of interest in western education like the south has (and even better), with free/compulsory education for ALL children; they need 100% absence of the bloodthirsty bokites and religious fundamentalism so tourism can thrive (tourism could easily be their highest earner); they need to focus on industrial scale agriculture, with value added agricultural produce and massive storage facilities; they need to exploit their numerous mineral resources......with indigenous companies so the money remains in the region; and they need to ensure that Christians and Moslems in the north have an equal (50-50) stake in governance of the region, with no religion taking precedence over the other!

If this happens exactly as i said, the rest of us can only look on with envy!

8 Likes

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by ratiken(m): 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
omenka: Do you have comprehension problems?

@post: does the president have any idea the volume of proven oil reserve we've got? Wait, does he even have any idea how much crude is produced daily? When inteligent people speak, they state figures and give clear cut illustrations and not this pedestrian explanations that have come to characterize president's approach to speeches.

You obviously don't know what our reserve is. Cos if you did, you'll realise that it is not sustainable for a growing population of 160M to 200M to solely depend on in the long term.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by holyvirgin: 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
Kponkwem: Food crops such as yam, cassava, maize, rice; and fruits like oranges, pineapples, tomato etc can all do very well in middle belt states of Nasarawa, Niger, Benue, Plateau, Taraba, Kogi.

GEJ has revived more dams for irrigation farming in the core North than any other govt in history.
Not just the middle belt including the NE. Tomatoes and onions are in abundance in the NE.
Thumbs up shouldn't be given to mr president alone, The minister of agriculture is doing extremely well.
He meant business when he came onboard.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by ratiken(m): 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
IGBO-SON:

^^^My take has always been that if Nigeria were to disintegrate tomorrow; or if we begin the practice of a confederal system of gov't, with the whole north (east, west and middle-belt) as one unit........if any of the aforementioned scenarios were to occur, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Northern Nigeria would emerge as the richest region in the country! What needs to happen is for them to have the same level of interest in western education like the south has (and even better), with free/compulsory education for ALL children; they need 100% absence of the bloodthirsty bokites and religious fundamentalism so tourism can thrive (tourism could easily be their highest earner); they need to focus on industrial scale agriculture, with value added agricultural produce and massive storage facilities; they need to exploit their numerous mineral resources......with indigenous companies so the money remains in the region; and they need to ensure that Christians and Moslems in the north have an equal (50-50) stake in governance of the region, with no religion taking precedence over the other!

Spot on.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by taharqa: 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
ndu_chucks:

The above balderdash is nothing but red herring. Try that with your fellow intellectual midgets.

Return to the thread when you are ready to dispute my claim that wasting $1billion to explore oil in the chad basin in 2012 was a dumb idea and that the money would have been better spent in developing solid minerals in the area. I also stated that the President's speech writers are incompetent and you are similarly unable to offer compelling reasons why I am wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself.
You must be Madt this morning, 'ndu-chuks'. You said I should respond to what? Sorri guy, I don't respond to allegations and rumours in d minds of a frustracted pip, like d 'wastage' of that $1bn fund. IGNORAMUS...

5 Likes

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by goldplated(m): 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
@eguerilla
in your article jonathan stated "by May this year we will be 3 years old,and by May 2014, we will be four years old"

isnt this article from early 2013? Care to explain the disparity?

1 Like

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Gamji007: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
taharqa: See this CLOWN. Keep blaming GEJ for d incompetence and fooolishnes of yr Northern leaders since d Colonial days. Those Leaders, who have ruled most in d nation's history, have always made d North dependent on d South, whilst keeping their own citizens brainwashed and extremely ignorant. Keep grasping at Straws, guy.

I don't think you will ever be intelligent.

So, the failure of past leaders is a reason for GEJ's refusal to develop the solid mineral sector?

Statements like this from you,and the clueless retardeen is an admittance of failure and a confirmation that GEJ aka Retardeen, is the president of a particular section of this country.

Gosh, some people don't reason like human beings!

2 Likes

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
ndu_chucks: Guess what GEJ's government did in 2012 - it voted $1b for inland exploration for oil in the country’s inland basins particularly the Chad Basin. To date, a drop of oil is yet to be discovered in the area, while most of the $1billion has disappeared into thin air. Here's a link to the announcement of this waste expenditure.

Ndu_Chuks, why not appreciate sincerity when you sense and see one.?

This information is not a written speech but the conversation during the meeting with North West PDP Caucus if am not mistaken.

On the issue of $1B vote for Oil exploration in Nigerian side of the Chad Basin, this was necessary and politically expedient for the time being until all options are exhausted to convince the Northerners that there is no conspiracy against them since it is a popular belief that proceeds from groundnut, cocoa and palm oil were invested in the exploration of Oil in the Niger Delta before the actual discovery and subsequent dependent on Oil.

On the issue of Solid minerals, you should know that Nigeria under OBJ through the then Minister for Solid minerals Ezekwesili has developed a map for Nigerian Solid minerals deposits after a comprehensive geological surveys and investments and its now left for investors to key into it.

I was actually expecting you to apply your vast knowledge of Nigeria Socio-political and Economic structures in reading senses into the President's explanations.

The summary of what GEJ said is why I still believe that Project Nigeria can work to become a great success after these trying times under regional structures where our resources are harnessed for the Citizens of this great Country.

3 Likes

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Gamji007: 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
muktarl: i think my people in the north will vote GEJ. he has done so much for us from alumanjiri school to ecological funds. two of my cousins benefited from the alumanjiri school too.

A PDP propaganda machine from the creeks of Otuoke or the Banks of Ezu river claiming to be a northerner. angry
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
goldplated: @eguerilla
in your article jonathan stated "by May this year we will be 3 years old,and by May 2014, we will be four years old"

Lol. That was the President speaking and not my humble self.

For disclosure: the message conveyed is absolutely spot on. It is the messenger's candour that is in doubt.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by omenka(m): 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2014
rati ken:

You obviously don't know what our reserve is.
Where in my post did i say i do
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by doctokwus: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
goldplated: @eguerilla

Took d words out of my mouth.Can d op explain dis anomaly in dates viz-a-viz d assumption dat dis speech was made dis year(2014)
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by holyvirgin: 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
doctokwus:
Took d words out of my mouth.Can d op explain dis anomaly in dates viz-a-viz d assumption dat dis speech was made dis year(2014)
I think is a mistake or typing error.
The news is as fresh as yola tomatoes and I saw same news yday on AIT.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by DerideGull(m): 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
ndu_chucks: I'm sorry to say that this statement, credited to the President, is another admission of gross incompetence, failed policies by his administration, and outright cluelessness.

A competent government with well thought-out plans would have voted $1billion for the development of the solid minerals in the North back in 2012. As the President admited, these resources are in abundance in that region.

Guess what GEJ's government did in 2012 - it voted $1b for inland exploration for oil in the country’s inland basins particularly the Chad Basin. To date, a drop of oil is yet to be discovered in the area, while most of the $1billion has disappeared into thin air. Here's a link to the announcement of this waste expenditure.

The President's speech writers are incompetent clowns and GEJ himself continues to prove that he has no idea what his ministers are really doing on his behalf.

There is no doubt you are clannishly biased as your statements suggest. From your myopic views, Nigeria started in 2012. One wonders who had led the cesspit called Nigeria since the independence to 2012. Great countries do not embark on two-year development plans that were severely disjointed due to ethnic pressure. One of the hidden factors that led to Nigeria/Biafar civil war was the 10-year development plan of eastern region which coincidentally followed the discovery of crude oil in commercial quantity within southern protectorate about 1956.

Nigeria is a load of wastefulness and has no reason to survive for a day. The potentials of each section of the jungle called Nigeria can not be realized until the country is disintegrated.

1 Like

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by DerideGull(m): 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
IGBO-SON:

Bros I shall not douse the flamed sentiment that Islamic Republic of Arewa or Republic of Islamic Caliphate could be one of the richest countries if Nigeria sees disintegration tomorrow. However there is less value in the so-called unknown and vest land than the actual neighborhoods and their policies.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by hillsate: 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
nerodenero: To say Mr. President value education this much and allowed ASUU go on strike for 6 months is appalling.

The only thing GEJ values is his remaining in office come 2015. Well, even lecturer office sef, na office!
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by fr3do(m): 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
henrysam: They will continue to say this guy is clueless. Look at the wayhe marshalled his points here telling the bitter truth.
Gej should sponsor an executive bill to remove all mineral resources exploration from the hands of central government so that each region can be able to tap their resources and develop their region on their own
With this no governor will go cap in hand to beg for fund from the president. This will also make the center unattractive to all these gluttons.

Gbam
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by pandriod: 4:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
muktarl: i think my people in the north will vote GEJ. he has done so much for us from alumanjiri school to ecological funds. two of my cousins benefited from the alumanjiri school too.

Your people from the north and you can't spell common Al majiri? Another ibo dolt claiming north.

By spelling Al majiri as alumanjiri, you expose yourself. I lived well enough in the north to know how you ibos misspell Al majiri as alumanjiri.

Here is little challenge: Translate the sentences below, you can use Google or whatever means available.

Sai ni kurun kurun kurman duri mai hana bura tashi.

Murucin kan dutse baka huta ba sai daka shirya.

Even your so-called user name is wrong. It is Muktar NOT muktarl. Smh.

1 Like

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by lilytender: 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2014

Here is one of BH, catch him before he escapes. His cousins benefitted from Almajari school, this means that this guy and his cousins are Almajaris and we all know that Almajaris are the foot soldiers of Boko Haram.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by nduchucks: 9:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
DerideGull:

There is no doubt you are clannishly biased as your statements suggest. From your myopic views, Nigeria started in 2012. One wonders who had led the cesspit called Nigeria since the independence to 2012. Great countries do not embark on two-year development plans that were severely disjointed due to ethnic pressure. One of the hidden factors that led to Nigeria/Biafar civil war was the 10-year development plan of eastern region which coincidentally followed the discovery of crude oil in commercial quantity within southern protectorate about 1956.

Nigeria is a load of wastefulness and has no reason to survive for a day. The potentials of each section of the jungle called Nigeria can not be realized until the country is disintegrated.

Another red herring by the usual suspect, Mr. Gull.

You of all people should know the difference between an action which took place in a single year, 2012, and actions which span many years or decades. You are addressing a completely different isue than the one I raised. When you grow enough brains to focus, then come back with the appropriate response. dolo
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Mutuwa(m): 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
nerodenero: Power of population at play. Is the north really more than the south in terms of population? APC woos the north and Oga Jona stylishly persuading the north, making them feel important. 2015 will decide sha!!! Fingers crossed, watching with keen interest.

What a terrible way of reasoning.so u think 19 out of 36 is a small figure?My friend wear cloth abeg. angry
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
kai, broda jona is a master politician!
see how he masterfully raised a red herring to keep his political opponents happy
well, there is some truth in his assertion, but potential is not enough to change a damn thing
if the north continue to reject western education, it will remain the poorest region in africa
the land based potential would remain just that: a potential
afghanistan is also potentially rich! lmao grin
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by zicoraads: 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
I did this course in ma school days. Its called campaign strategy 101...Lol. And i didn't even know campaigns have officially started!
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Oludrex(m): 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
sweet_gala:

I hope APC win in 2015 because I want to see the alternative they claim. .

Same scam.. Just a different set of scammer
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Adex097: 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hmmm...and he's saying this a year to 2015 Election....Dr Jonathan thinks we (Northerners) are that foolish ?
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by b3llo(m): 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
I don hear
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by nagoma(m): 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
gentleoyink:

My guy, it goes beyond trying to make the north feel important. What Boy Jona is telling them is that they can develop, be rich and add to the country's wealth by making use of the resources the have with them which for worth more than the oil in the south. So they should stop fighting to take over the Fed Govt in order to control oil money Na me I see am o.

You are still talking as if GEJ is the president of the Ijaws or of the Niger Delta and the north a far away neighbor that needs only his advice. You guys can't get it Into your head that a president is for the nation and not for his Ijaw tribe.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
[size=24pt]YAN AREWA!

HAUSA BAKWAI!

I AM PROUD TO BE NORTHERN ABOKI MAN![/size] cool

3 Likes

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by zicoraads: 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
Almost all the ladies will be staring at this topic now with no input on it whatsoever...start one on s.ex and they'll be over it in minutes. Bloke heads!

2 Likes

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
the main truth in this statement is that the offshore oil belongs to all nigerians
the great injustice going on now is that this offshore oil is not shared as it should -according to population and maybe landmass
so, maybe if we share it as we should, then yes the north is immediately richer than "niger delta"
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Pamcrest(f): 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
grin grin Wow! GEJ kowtowing for northern votes!
Presido u are not in tune with your supporters.....they claim u don't need votes from SW and d North to retain your job, why are u pumping up d northerners now. Or is it just political sweet talk?
GEJ till 2015.......that is next year!
My humble submission
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Zet72(m): 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
funnyx: But some of his kinsmen together with their allies in SE (basking in their newly formed SS/SE alliance) has been referring to northerners as parasites undecided
As we speak/write now there are parasite, until they harness the resources in their domain& the revenue channeled to the federal purse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Controversy Over Inconclusive Polls In Opposition Strongholds / Passport Backlogs To Be Cleared In Two Weeks, Says Minister / No Leader Has Spoken For Africa Like President Tinubu Did At UNGA, Says Agbakoba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.