Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan (20206 Views)

Usman Guba, Only The North Has The Right To Claim Ownership Of Nigeria's Oil / Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It / Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Forwetinnah: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
gentleoyink:

My guy, it goes beyond trying to make the north feel important. What Boy Jona is telling them is that they can develop, be rich and add to the country's wealth by making use of the resources the have with them which for worth more than the oil in the south. So they should stop fighting to take over the Fed Govt in order to control oil money Na me I see am o.

Exactly my dear Bro...
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by patriotic007: 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
nerodenero: To say Mr. President value education this much and allowed ASUU go on strike for 6 months is appalling.
My friend stop politicising ASUU strike here because i knew people like you will use it to campaign for votes in 2015,....ASUU strike is strictly a labour issue and thats normal everywhere in the world,.....No wonder you guys in the opposition where fasting and praying for the strike not to be over,....SMH for this progressives

1 Like

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by brotesquex(m): 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
Akda009: Mr president thinking is 2 shallow.... He beliv dat he can toast pple 4rm d North. Bliv me north is a no go area 4 u in 2015.....
We know you people. You are FORWAR NEVER, BACKWARD EVER. KINDLY ALLOW THIS COUNTRY TO GROW. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

1 Like

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by dungdusugyang(m): 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2014
Fadelex: all na scam... no politics of "I was once shoeless" this time around.... Mr. President, create jobs for d youths and fight corruption to d ground then you'll have my vote... but I doubt you have d courage to fight corruption. ibori will soon be transferred to Nigeria and in due time he will get presidential pardon which will enable him to contest for senate in 2015..
Gbam! In Alameasia's shoe.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by atlwireles: 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
ihimami:

Are you guys already in a different country other than Nigeria? Take it easy guys and wait till the country disintegrate before you claims your coastlines. ok?

Go and ask the people in Bakassi, if Nigeria disintegrated before you sold them out. Nobody is making any claims, I'm just telling you, the way things are today.

1 Like

Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by yinkabillion: 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
ralpheously: my guy let me ask u,abacha,babangida,yam adua senior and junior nd all d nrthern leadders of yesta years,wre dey not awereof d countries situation nd wat it nids dey shld be farmers or choldren of farmers so wat did dey do i2 improve farming I dcounrtry? Instead they busy ownin oil wells in d south,ewell dey av had enof tym don cum 4 me 2 own d1 dat was owned by dantata nd I will kip it 4 my generations bcus its ma ryt not a northerner,hw dantata tak get oil well 4 south wen he is from north she shld go nd farm nd leave our oil 4 us dat is wat gej is sayn 2 him nd dem indirectly.
nigga go back to skul nd forget bout oil for nw...ur post says it all
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by brotesquex(m): 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
Nonybb: The core reasons they are fighting Jonathan are (1) He is NOT a muslim. (2) He is from the Minority. (3) They are rapidly loosing out on National Cake. (4) They Strongly believe they are Born-to-Rule. (5) They felt Betrayed by the PDP agreement to return Power to the core north (remember the christian northerners do not matter here, just them). (6) They have islamic Agenda (7) They convincingly believe that they are the majority and can decide the fate of all. (cool The Northern Oligarchy are rapidly pushed out of the Oil Wealth controled by there cabals. Investigation shows that 83% of Oil well belongs to Politicians of Northern extract. (9) They control a huge stake on federal Appointment, as much as in a percentage of 70 and this percentage are fast dwindling. (10) Islamist bitterly detest Kaffirs or infidel to rule them
I strongly support your points but i disagree with the one that states He is not a Muslim
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by patriotic007: 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
ndu_chucks: I'm sorry to say that this statement, credited to the President, is another admission of gross incompetence, failed policies by his administration, and outright cluelessness.

A competent government with well thought-out plans would have voted $1billion for the development of the solid minerals in the North back in 2012. As the President admited, these resources are in abundance in that region.

Guess what GEJ's government did in 2012 - it voted $1b for inland exploration for oil in the country’s inland basins particularly the Chad Basin. To date, a drop of oil is yet to be discovered in the area, while most of the $1billion has disappeared into thin air. Here's a link to the announcement of this waste expenditure.

The President's speech writers are incompetent clowns and GEJ himself continues to prove that he has no idea what his ministers are really doing on his behalf.
This is where you guys in the opposition get it wrong,....You dont win support by insults,peddling rumours and false campaign in order to paint GEJ bad,....Bring up facts and tell us how you intend to do yours better if given the chance by Nigerians,....Bring practical solutions better than that been done now and you will be surprised how nigerians including myself will follow you guys
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Freedani(m): 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
And U think there is ever a time the north will hav 100% absence of bokotite? Instead Buhari will take to the street
IGBO-SON:

^^^My take has always been that if Nigeria were to disintegrate tomorrow; or if we begin the practice of a confederal system of gov't, with the whole north (east, west and middle-belt) as one unit........if any of the aforementioned scenarios were to occur, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Northern Nigeria would emerge as the richest region in the country! What needs to happen is for them to have the same level of interest in western education like the south has (and even better), with free/compulsory education for ALL children; they need 100% absence of the bloodthirsty bokites and religious fundamentalism so tourism can thrive (tourism could easily be their highest earner); they need to focus on industrial scale agriculture, with value added agricultural produce and massive storage facilities; they need to exploit their numerous mineral resources......with indigenous companies so the money remains in the region; and they need to ensure that Christians and Moslems in the north have an equal (50-50) stake in governance of the region, with no religion taking precedence over the other!

If this happens exactly as i said, the rest of us can only look on with envy!
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Forwetinnah: 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
zicoraads: Almost all the ladies will be staring at this topic now with no input on it whatsoever...start one on s.ex and they'll be over it in minutes. Bloke heads!

And what has been your contribution to the topic so far? Mr Census..your speciality is to count how many ladies are following the topic without commenting, woman wrapper!!
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by patriotic007: 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
muktarl: i think my people in the north will vote GEJ. he has done so much for us from alumanjiri school to ecological funds. two of my cousins benefited from the alumanjiri school too.
This is what i call sincere appreciation,.....May God bless you and your family abundantly for appreciating the little GEJ has been able to do for your region and people
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by BetaThings: 11:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
brotesquex:
I strongly support your points but i disagree with the one that states He is not a Muslim

I disagree with yoiu

Nonybb: The core reasons they are fighting Jonathan are (1) He is NOT a muslim. (2) He is from the Minority. (3) They are rapidly loosing out on National Cake. (4) They Strongly believe they are Born-to-Rule. (5) They felt Betrayed by the PDP agreement to return Power to the core north (remember the christian northerners do not matter here, just them). (6) They have islamic Agenda (7) They convincingly believe that they are the majority and can decide the fate of all. (cool The Northern Oligarchy are rapidly pushed out of the Oil Wealth controled by there cabals. Investigation shows that 83% of Oil well belongs to Politicians of Northern extract. (9) They control a huge stake on federal Appointment, as much as in a percentage of 70 and this percentage are fast dwindling. (10) Islamist bitterly detest Kaffirs or infidel to rule them

This your PDP religious agenda is beginning to grate
"Islamists" participated in a coup, handed over power to Gowon ("kaffir and infidel", according to you) for 9 years
Muratala, a Muslim was there for 6 months before being assassinated by Gown's loyalist
But this people who "hate the non-muslims" and cannot stand being ruled by one told Obasanjo ( a Christian) to take over
This people "who hate infidels" annulled the election won on a muslim-muslim ticket
But supported and worked for Obasanjo (rather than look for a muslim to work with) in 1999
Your plan to turn Nigeria to Lebanon is noted

BTW - Jonathan is not a muslim, but he got 25% in Katsina (the home of Buhari) while Buhari got less than 1% in Bayelsa
Jonathan got 25% in Sokoto, Kano and Kaduna
Tell me how much votes your religiously-liberal South gave to Buhari
It is always stories of religion, religion that your pastors tell you

Oh, how is South Sudan doing now after getting rid of the muslims?
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by dungdusugyang(m): 11:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
IGBO-SON:

^^^My take has always been that if Nigeria were to disintegrate tomorrow; or if we begin the practice of a confederal system of gov't, with the whole north (east, west and middle-belt) as one unit........if any of the aforementioned scenarios were to occur, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Northern Nigeria would emerge as the richest region in the country! What needs to happen is for them to have the same level of interest in western education like the south has (and even better), with free/compulsory education for ALL children; they need 100% absence of the bloodthirsty bokites and religious fundamentalism so tourism can thrive (tourism could easily be their highest earner); they need to focus on industrial scale agriculture, with value added agricultural produce and massive storage facilities; they need to exploit their numerous mineral resources......with indigenous companies so the money remains in the region; and they need to ensure that Christians and Moslems in the north have an equal (50-50) stake in governance of the region, with no religion taking precedence over the other!

If this happens exactly as i said, the rest of us can only look on with envy!
well said.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by patriotic007: 11:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
rati ken: If only Buhari, IBB, OBJ, Abacha acted halfway along this line of thought, Nigeria would have been competing with the likes of Malaysia and Singapore.

May God continue to direct GEJ. This man means well and its obvious.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Kapiah16: 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
kel4soft:

If your people from the North will vote for GEJ base on his strides in your region. That is something to start mobilising your people for now. To be fair, your people has been transform under his administration than any other President in Nigeria history
bro dis 1 na 2ru talk o
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
GEJ you mean well and we are utmost grateful to have a long-term visionary President like you.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Neatboy(m): 11:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
ndu_chucks: I'm sorry to say that this statement, credited to the President, is another admission of gross incompetence, failed policies by his administration, and outright cluelessness.

A competent government with well thought-out plans would have voted $1billion for the development of the solid minerals in the North back in 2012. As the President admited, these resources are in abundance in that region.

Guess what GEJ's government did in 2012 - it voted $1b for inland exploration for oil in the country’s inland basins particularly the Chad Basin. To date, a drop of oil is yet to be discovered in the area, while most of the $1billion has disappeared into thin air. Here's a link to the announcement of this waste expenditure.

The President's speech writers are incompetent clowns and GEJ himself continues to prove that he has no idea what his ministers are really doing on his behalf.
/quote] You are too critical and bitter. You must have been raised by a single parent who also must have filled up your mind and head with hate for anybody that is not you. It also makes you never to see anything good about anybody. If you were an old woman na your own witch go be the 'baddest'.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:29pm On Jan 10, 2014
who are these christians to demand equal rights?

Do christians give us Pagans equal rights?
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by patriotic007: 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
ndu_chucks:

No one really has a problem with resource control. Most people, including me, supports 100% resource control of inland resources. Most also agree that offshore resources which are located outside the boundaries of any state are jointly owned and their benefits must be equitably distributed. A very fair concept.
And when there is an oil spillage,whose land does the oil get to first??I think its the north abifunny people keep thirsting for oil as if its food,....dont look inwards be puting eyes on oil,...smh
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by nduchucks: 11:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
double
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by nduchucks: 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2014
Neatboy: You are too critical and bitter. You must have been raised by a single parent who also must have filled up your mind and head with hate for anybody that is not you. It also makes you never to see anything good about anybody. If you were an old woman na your own witch go be the 'baddest'.

onye iberibe ka i bu. puo na azu
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 10, 2014
Neatboy: /quote] You are too critical and bitter. You must have been raised by a single parent who also must have filled up your mind and head with hate for anybody that is not you. It also makes you never to see anything good about anybody. If you were an old woman na your own witch go be the 'baddest'.

It's called Kneegar attitude. grin grin
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Aarondio(m): 12:07am On Jan 11, 2014
Na him new way of getting attention #GEJ na tortoise sense be that.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by chucky234(m): 12:07am On Jan 11, 2014
kel4soft: The President is spot on, but saying Niger Delta land is only on oil. I don't completely agree there. I believe Ogoni, Ndokwas, Ikas and even Ikwerres have massive land for agricultural purposes.

The rest, he is spot on.
Thank you jare.... Ndokwas especially Ndokwa West and Ukwuani LGAs have vast uncultivated land.
There are also more solid mineral deposits in ND region than in the north , lets see what GEJ is pursuing with his new found love for the north.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 11, 2014
chucky234: Thank you jare.... Ndokwas especially Ndokwa West and Ukwuani LGAs have vast uncultivated land.
There are also more solid mineral deposits in ND region than in the north , lets see what GEJ is pursuing with his new found love for the north.

I don't know who your Agric and geography teachers are but if you think having an open field means the land is fertile for cultivation then I'll suggest you change your teachers asap.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by Sadiss: 12:40am On Jan 11, 2014
Chimex388: Why are dey busy clamouring for revenue from Niger Delta?
Dats not true.. They're full of desert.. Which is still encroachin dier terrain
GEJ is understandably playin politics to win dier heart
bross,like u are not happy tht the north has more resources than the south,right?you will only believe when USA became (OPEC)organisation of petrolium exported countries members and started exporting their oil.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by donclark(m): 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by sylve11: 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2014
Hmmmm! cool
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by datfairboy(m): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
You all should really stop this criticism because pdp and apc they r all the same ....none is better trust me
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by mrintellectual(m): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
tongue
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by tck2000(m): 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
we have heard.
Re: North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan by princedelegab: 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
Our amiable ex president ( Uncle Joe ) has finally said it all.

I have being telling this to some of my friends as an agro allied exporter that God has being faithful and kind to every parts of these entity called Nigeria by planting several resources round the nation.

But our problem has always being low thinking problematic of our so called leaders who doesn't like stretching their medulla oblongata creating enabling environments for their region to spread forth in development but rather idleness themselves relying on suckling and drying only Niger delta oil resource.

And now that issue is coming out from an insider that knows it well, then the northerners have to hold there leaders for their setback for not tapping into their available resources.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Ministries Are Coping Without Ministers Under Buhari / Breaking News: Biafra IPOB Drags Buhari/nigeria To International Criminal Court / Our Politics Directorate Not About Osinbajo's Rumoured Ambition - RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.