Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects - Properties (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects (111143 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / Desmond Flats At Ogombo By Nexthome / PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by BrabusNG: 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
Seascape Villa Suspended Slab Preparatory Work | Smiley001 Delivers the Coarse Aggregate.

Thumbs up for timely delivery.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by BrabusNG: 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2015
Finishing the Atlantic View Project | Bids Now Open

The project is gradually approaching the finishing stage and now is the time to obtain bids and estimates for the finishing job; and also carefully select subcontractors for the finishing stage.

Here are the various works to bid for:

1. Electrical and Mechanical works (Final fix)
2. Wiring (electrical, TV/FM, intercom, CCTV)
3. Aluminium Windows / Frames
4. Security Doors / Frames (SUPPLIED)
5. Burglar proof
6. Balustrades and Railings
7. Plastering
8. POP works (Ceiling and Wall Screeding)
9. Tile Works (Supply and installation of Floor and Wall tiles)
10. Bath Fittings and Faucets (Bath, Toilets, Water Heater, Basins, Vanity Mirrors etc) (Quality range such as Kohler, Grohe, Delta, Moen, Rohl, Sigma preffered)
11. Electrical Fittings (lights, switches, sockets, chandeliers etc) (NOT APPLICABLE)
12. Glass Blocks and Glass Partitions
13. Ornamentals / Architectural Decos
14. Kitchen Cabinet / Wardrobes
15. Swimming Pool
16. Painting (Internal/External)
17. Post Construction Cleaning service
18. Gate (Designed to specification)
19. American Fence Wire
20. HVAC/Generator Supply and Installation
21. Water Treatment Plant/Tank Tower
22. Quality Roofing Woods

Interested contractors/bidders should send their expression of interest via email to bosun@nexthomebuilders.com or babalosetemi1@yahoo.com
Drawings and design specifications/installation requirement will be sent to selected parties after the New Year Holidays.

Thank you
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by skimanski(m): 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
BrabusNG:
Finishing the Atlantic View Project | Bids Now Open

The project is gradually approaching the finishing stage and now is the time to obtain bids and estimates for the finishing job; and also carefully select subcontractors for the finishing stage.

Here are the various works to bid for:

1. Electrical and Mechanical works (Final fix)
2. Wiring (electrical, TV/FM, intercom, CCTV)
3. Aluminium Windows / Frames
4. Security Doors / Frames (SUPPLIED)
5. Burglar proof
6. Balustrades and Railings
7. Plastering
8. POP works (Ceiling and Wall Screeding)
9. Tile Works (Supply and installation of Floor and Wall tiles)
10. Bath Fittings and Faucets (Bath, Toilets, Water Heater, Basins, Vanity Mirrors etc) (Quality range such as Kohler, Grohe, Delta, Moen, Rohl, Sigma preffered)
11. Electrical Fittings (lights, switches, sockets, chandeliers etc) (NOT APPLICABLE)
12. Glass Blocks and Glass Partitions
13. Ornamentals / Architectural Decos
14. Kitchen Cabinet / Wardrobes
15. Swimming Pool
16. Painting (Internal/External)
17. Post Construction Cleaning service
18. Gate (Designed to specification)
19. American Fence Wire
20. HVAC/Generator Supply and Installation
21. Water Treatment Plant/Tank Tower
22. Quality Roofing Woods

Interested contractors/bidders should send their expression of interest via email to bosun@nexthomebuilders.com or babalosetemi1@yahoo.com
Drawings and design specifications/installation requirement will be sent to selected parties.

Thank you

Is it right that you are sourcing for outside Hands for this critical Part of the Job. Don't you think using your in house staff works best, so as to avoid issues arising again, after the dust had calmed down. You've done a nice Job till now, don't use people you don't trust for these Critical Stages.

Just an advise
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by BrabusNG: 8:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
skimanski:

Is it right that you are sourcing for outside Hands for this critical Part of the Job. Don't you think using your in house staff works best, so as to avoid issues arising again, after the dust had calmed down. You've done a nice Job till now, don't use people you don't trust for these Critical Stages.

Just an advise

Your points well noted. This approach has been tested and has worked for me in many of my projects (including Protea Hotel, Ikeja, multi floor Apartments Bourdillon and Milverton, Ikoyi and many other projects where professionals converge)
Successful bidders in this exercise will be walk through a new way of delivering projects.

Although, there are guys we will have soft spot for and some will just be selected based on merits and recommendation.

In 2016, one-size-won't-fit-all again. We will collaborate with different contractors as different projects dictates. Don't be surprised we might even ask you to recommend to us.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by skimanski(m): 9:10pm On Dec 04, 2015
BrabusNG:

Your points well noted. This approach has been tested and has worked for me in many of my projects (including Protea Hotel, Ikeja, multi floor Apartments Bourdillon and Milverton, Ikoyi and many other projects where professionals converge)
Successful bidders in this exercise will be walk through a new way of delivering projects.

Although, there are guys we will have soft spot for and some will just be selected based on merits and recommendation.

In 2016, one-size-won't-fit-all again. We will collaborate with different contractors as different projects dictates. Don't be surprised we might even ask you to recommend to us.

I am sure you are correct in your approach. Maybe I have a lot to learn from the way you Operate. I was only just thinking that Instead of sourcing from the Outside, Why not Build a team, with an Ideology on what the Goal is in another 5yrs to 10yrs time as to how you want things to be done. The Team Understanding and Size can then grow from that Initial Selection of Roots/Seeds and the understanding can make your group reach an unbelievable height, hence each team can then be in charge of selecting and training for their respective departments, as the company becomes bigger. to me Whats important is teamwork and Understanding (The reason I know Why Barcelona FC is a very successful Football Club).

But like i Said, i'm sure you approach works best than mine. Just felt I should throw in my own 2 Kobo.

once again Nice Jobs all around Boss .
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by BrabusNG: 9:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
skimanski:

I am sure you are correct in your approach. Maybe I have a lot to learn from the way you Operate. I was only just thinking that Instead of sourcing from the Outside, Why not Build a team, with an Ideology on what the Goal is in another 5yrs to 10yrs time as to how you want things to be done. The Team Understanding and Size can then grow from that Initial Selection of Roots/Seeds and the understanding can make your group reach an unbelievable height, hence each team can then be in charge of selecting and training for their respective departments, as the company becomes bigger. to me Whats important is teamwork and Understanding (The reason I know Why Barcelona FC is a very successful Football Club).

But like i Said, i'm sure you approach works best than mine. Just felt I should throw in my own 2 Kobo.

once again Nice Jobs all around Boss .

It's good engaging one of my most admired
and respected designer cum builder in this type of discussion.

I love the points you highlighted. But like I said earlier, in 2016 One size won't fit all again.

Here are my reasons:

1. Fresh eyes means a different perspective
This eliminates the "We've always done it this way" "Na so we dey do am" mentality.

2. Cost Reduction
Salary is just a fraction of employment cost. The same way we don't have to double or triple as the Structural, Mechanical and Electrical engineer. I think it's fair to outsource specific jobs to expert while remaining as the main contractor/project manager in order to reduce overhead costs.

3. The niche, the job and it's requirement doesn't call for "Rehearsals"
At some point in life, we all wanted to build a one-stop coy that can provide everything a client wanted. But the truth must be told, is that ever possible? Diasporan Clients now require finishes with "Western Flair" Whose project do we use to build the team because every project is a tournament that must be won.

We are not completely outsourcing the most critical part of our project. There's difference between contracting and outsourcing. Once a while it ain't worth it to double as the skipper and the umpire. We also need to see the game from the spectators side.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 3:59am On Dec 05, 2015
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share) 956 (Ignore)

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by rotecch77(m): 8:51am On Dec 05, 2015
I reason with you
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 8:53am On Dec 05, 2015
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2015
Atlantic View by NextHome

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 3:33am On Dec 07, 2015
Season's Greetings from the NextHome family.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:57am On Dec 08, 2015
Upcoming in Gbagada! A modern shopping center
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 10:24am On Dec 08, 2015
Seascape Villa by NextHome | Concrete Pour on Thursday.

Watch out! Picture updates later today.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by babalose: 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
what next...NextHome
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by OnetimeOnly: 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
brabus:
Seascape Villa by NextHome | Concrete Pour on Thursday.

Watch out! Picture updates later today.

Is Brabus/Nexthome the luckiest scammer on Nairaland Building Section?

I have observed the building/ property section from a distance and not made many comments. And the activities of Brabus /Nexthome have given me cause to worry. I think he is both the most skillfull marketer and disreputable builder on this forum at the same time.

My observations

1.He is not a professional builder.

Honestly, this is the weakest argument against Brabus. You don't have to be 'a professional', but you can be professional.
Brabus is not a building professional,but pretends to be one. He may be knowledgeable about how to put up a building (this does not preclude him from the industry but at least be professional to clients )

2.Poor/shoddy job quality,allegations of fraud and theft

Incorrect quantity or materials supplied,
Columns not aligning,cement bags in concrete mix, missing iron rods from site,using regular wood when marine was paid for ,counterfeit drawings, sub-contractors and suppliers not paid.... what the.... (na only you?)

3.All is good until money starts changing hands.
Excellent client relationship until money issues are concerned. Then the name calling and advice giving from a distance starts. I am yet to see a full spectrum of jobs done from start to finish for Nairalanders without complaint (i stand to be corrected on this. Pls really!)

4.Pasting photos like educational materials , meanwhile marketing himself(which is not bad)

Remember the ile-oluji projects. Pasting photos of work not done by him until the client came out screaming!

5.Photo Essays.
Each project is a photo opportunity to draw in the next client ,while not fulfilling full obligations.

6. Brabus is NEVER wrong
No matter what, never accept responsibility for actions on your project site. This is Brabus/nexthome's way. It is always the client that did something wrong. Calling clients who paid you money names, after they air greviances

7.Master of deflection
Changing topic in the middle of a thread, once serious allegations are made with new pictures or glossy future project and real estate seminars. And aligning with established builders to cover up

8.Cracking jokes after serious allegations are made about work done . This is after people have cried out their hearts and serious grievances on this forum

Clients beware

P.S. I am a professional architect who has never and would never work or had any interaction with Brabus/ Nexthome.

Maverick efforts to alert people of his work reputation should not be shut down.
Anybody on this forum who is swayed by his advertising should also be aware of his reputation beforehand. Several of his clients were aware of his reputation and still went into business with him. We should stop this " don't spoil his livelihood" argument. If people allege and show evidence of shoddy jobs and fraud from their livelihood why should they not sound the alarm to others.

The beautiful thing is people will see all this information about Brabus/ Nexthome and enter the trap. Why? Is it because he is the luckiest scammer on Nairaland Building Section?

2 Likes

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
Can you face me and do this? I'm available at Suite H52, Ikota Shopping Complex.

Until you do that, you're just another attention seeking troll. I don't feed trolls.

Put a face to your allegations. I'm not scared!

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
babalose:
what next...NextHome

Next is... Atlantic View by NextHome
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
Atlantic View by NextHome | Pent Slabwork

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:50pm On Dec 08, 2015

1. Septic tank construction

2. Bird-eye view of the double volume lounge

3. Lounge view from the infinity pool

4. Sunset - a view from the office.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by OnetimeOnly: 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
brabus:
Can you face me and do this? I'm available at Suite H52, Ikota Shopping Complex.

Until you do that, you're just another attention seeking troll. I don't feed trolls.

Don't threaten anybody.

Just address the issues.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by OnetimeOnly: 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
brabus:

These are the issues. Address them and stop hiding

I have observed the building/ property section from a distance and not made many comments. And the activities of Brabus /Nexthome have given me cause to worry. I think he is both the most skillfull marketer and disreputable builder on this forum at the same time.

My observations

Honestly, this is the weakest argument against Brabus. You don't have to be 'a professional', but you can be professional.
Brabus is not a building professional,but pretends to be one. He may be knowledgeable about how to put up a building (this does not preclude him from the industry but at least be professional to clients )

Columns not aligning,cement bags in concrete mix, missing iron rods from site,using regular wood when marine was paid for ,counterfeit drawings, sub-contractors and suppliers not paid.... what the.... (na only you?)

Excellent client relationship until money issues are concerned. Then the name calling and advice giving from a distance starts. I am yet to see a full spectrum of jobs done from start to finish for Nairalanders without complaint (i stand to be corrected on this. Pls really!)

4.Pasting photos like educational materials , meanwhile marketing himself(which is not bad)

Remember the ile-oluji projects. Pasting photos of work not done by him until the client came out screaming!

5.Photo Essays.
Each project is a photo opportunity to draw in the next client ,while not fulfilling full obligations.

6. Brabus is NEVER wrong
No matter what, never accept responsibility for actions on your project site. This is Brabus/nexthome's way. It is always the client that did something wrong. Calling clients who paid you money names, after they air greviances

7.Master of deflection
Changing topic in the middle of a thread, once serious allegations are made with new pictures or glossy future project and real estate seminars. And aligning with established builders to cover up

8.Cracking jokes after serious allegations are made about work done . This is after people have cried out their hearts and serious grievances on this forum

Clients beware

P.S. I am a professional architect who has never and would never work or had any interaction with Brabus/ Nexthome.

Maverick efforts to alert people of his work reputation should not be shut down.
Anybody on this forum who is swayed by his advertising should also be aware of his reputation beforehand. Several of his clients were aware of his reputation and still went into business with him. We should stop this " don't spoil his livelihood" argument. If people allege and show evidence of shoddy jobs and fraud from their livelihood why should they not sound the alarm to others.

The beautiful thing is people will see all this information about Brabus/ Nexthome and enter the trap. Why? Is it because he is the luckiest scammer on Nairaland Building Section?
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brag3: 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
Brabus why again?
I have been following this story silently and could not help drawing the similarities with our project.
Same story. We paid 250K for drawings and what did we get? we got only architectural drawings? when we ask Brabus for mechanical and electrical drawings we were told that this was not part of the package. I then asked why we would pay 250k for just these drawings and Brabus responded that my sister took some of the money that we paid to him. I am sure you all know that story so wont dig that up.
We then asked for 3D which is supposed to be part of the package and was told No. Brabus then told us (my brother) that he can do it for 30k extra to which I totally disagreed with and we let it go.

I know my brother still contacts you (no qualm). He is not here so cannot feel the pain that we have been put through with alot of rework that was needed to get to where we are today.

You come on here and paste updates trying to reel the next mug in but you really need to be very careful. As someone alluded to in the previous post you really need to be careful that you don't pick a crazy mad client cause trust me they wont bother with NL.

This story with Maverick could have been handled well away from here but from what has been published he tried to settle this offline and you posted him like royal mail only to now send him the soft copy. Why did you have to wait till it got very ugly before you gave him what was duly his?

I know you have many victims here and alot of us have let it go but PLEASE be very careful. You really don't want to have a marker on your back.

Enough said.....

OnetimeOnly:

My observations

5.Photo Essays.

6. Brabus is NEVER wrong

7.Master of deflection

Clients beware

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 2:46am On Dec 10, 2015
Seascape Villa by NextHome | Concrete Pour Today.

First milestone to be completed today.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 4:56am On Dec 10, 2015
Seascape Villa by NextHome | Infinity Pool

[size=16pt]in·fin·i·ty pool[/size]
noun

a swimming pool whose positioning gives the impression that it merges into the ocean or other surrounding landscape.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 9:47pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seascape Villa | Updates

A different type of construction.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 9:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
Coming Shortly!

Updates from K-024 and Atlantic View Project.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
Seascape Villa by NextHome

First Milestone Nearing Completion.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
Seascape Villa | Pouring the ground floor slab

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2015
More pictures from the Seascape Villa

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2015
Atlantic View by NextHome | A different type of construction

The pent slab and roof carcassing.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2015

Interesting features of this build:

- Wraparound Terrace
- Upturn Beams
- Double Volume Sections
- Helical Elliptical Staircase
- Skybridge
- Infinity Pool
- Large windows
- Rooftop Pergola

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
Seascape Villa by NextHome | Milestone Completed

Interesting features of this build:

- Wraparound Terrace
- Basement
- Floor-to-ceiling glass
- Infinity Pool
- Outdoor Kitchen
- Cabana

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply)

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.