Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,451 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (115686 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 10:16pm On Aug 16, 2008
@Ruddy

i dont get what you mean.

@Toe syn,

Sorry im unavailable.

@ALL,

Make sure you go to church tomorrow ooo!

and you can come share with us the message smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by AKO1(m): 10:47pm On Aug 16, 2008
Gamine:

@ALL,

Make sure you go to church tomorrow ooo!

and you can come share with us the message smiley smiley smiley

You nko? wink
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2008
LOL.

in case i dont make it wink
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by AKO1(m): 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2008
Gamine:

LOL.

in case i don't make it wink

OK

But try to try to make it oh. . .  wink

BTW there was/is actually a thread solely for sharing what "Christians learnt in church recently". It got buried long ago though. . .

AND BTW this is my 666th post!!! [img]http://superemoticons.com/emoticons/scared/016-[Scared]-[SuperEmoticons.com].gif[/img]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 11:03pm On Aug 16, 2008
Mark of the Beast!!!

*frantically drawing the cross sign*
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by AKO1(m): 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2008
Gamine:

*frantically drawing the cross sign*

So youre a fanatic like me?? wink tongue wink
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2008
lol.

Wheeew!! 669 grin tongue
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Ruddyface(f): 11:22pm On Aug 16, 2008
@ Gamine,
What I mean dear, is that when we keep it short and interesting. it would be more like a chat than a message. That way, we would be discussing serious matters without actually sounding serious.

Get that?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 11:26pm On Aug 16, 2008
It escapes me.

There has to be a subject at hand though
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Ruddyface(f): 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2008
Okay, what about this: Someone once preached about Faith, Foolishness and Fantasy. What is the difference between them and what are their similarities?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2008
Faith

Foolishness

Fantasy.

Its obvious innit.

Faith cannot exist without a Supernatural object and it is a belief in that object

Foolishness is relative, what is foolishness to you, wont be to me.

Fantasy is usually somthing that cannot be reached
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by brainwave(m): 9:09am On Aug 18, 2008
Monday 18 August, 08

‘THY FAITH HATH MADE THEE WHOLE.’ LUKE 17:19

Luke writes, ‘There met him ten…lepers, which stood afar off: And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. And when he saw them, he said…Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And…as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them…turned back, and…glorified God…Jesus…said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine?”… And he said unto him, “Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole”’ (Luke 17:12-19). Observe three things in this story:

1) When people reject you, you start thinking God does too. Because of their problem, these men were rejected by society. So when they met Christ they expected more of the same. But no, the Bible says, ‘When you draw close to God He will draw close to you’ (James 4:cool. So come, bring your problem to Him. He’s the great problem-solver!

2) Sometimes you have to ‘walk it out’. We read, “As they went, they were cleansed.” Sometimes change takes place quickly, but most times it happens slowly, step-by-step. You don’t know exactly which step will bring victory, so you need to keep walking in faith. Before a leper was welcomed back into society the priest had to pronounce him ‘clean.’ How wonderful; Jesus saw the change in these men before it ever took place. That’s because He has the power to make it happen. So keep walking!

3) Gratitude and praise are so important to God. This story reminds us how quickly we forget God’s goodness, how much our praises mean to Him and that only one in ten of us will pass the gratitude test. But that one becomes ‘whole.’

http://gsafnigeria.org/devotional.aspx?dDate=8/18/2008
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 9:41am On Aug 18, 2008
Ruddyface:

This is a nice thread and very good sense behind it. But with all the long scriptural quotes, many of us have made it difficult to read and such a boring thread.

Can't we keep it simple and chatty? Must everyone show off their spiritual grandstanding?

Please let it be a 'fellowship' and not a 'church'.

@ Gamine,
What I mean dear, is that when we keep it short and interesting. it would be more like a chat than a message. That way, we would be discussing serious matters without actually sounding serious.

Get that?

Rudyface, I understand your concern.  I think I have been a culprit in some posts.  But you can't rule that out in response to some discussions.  Yes, I agree we all can quote the references instead of pasting all of them, but sometimes, to bring out some points or illustration, it's just necessary.

Besides, you wouldn't know what may encourage/minister to someone.  Instead of looking for a bible, it may just be convenient to read at a go.  Plus, a captain doesn't sail without a compass for direction.  Let's have it all, the simple, chatty, preachy et all, as long as someone is getting blessed.

Also, I think we can discuss around topics just as Gamine pointed.

Ruddyface:

Okay, what about this: Someone once preached about Faith, Foolishness and Fantasy. What is the difference between them and what are their similarities?

Faith feeds the spirit, fantasy feeds the mind and foolishness is inability to differentiate between the two!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:19am On Aug 18, 2008
Wet Pants

Come with me to a third grade classroom. There is a nine-year-old kid sitting at his desk and all of a sudden, there is a puddle between his feet and the front of his pants are wet. He thinks his heart is going to stop because he cannot possibly imagine how this has happened. It's never happened before, and he knows that when the boys find out he will never hear the end of it. When the girls find out, they'll never speak to him again as long as he lives.

The boy believes his heart is going to stop; he puts his head down and prays this prayer, "Dear God, this is an emergency! I need help now! Five minutes from now I'm dead meat."

He looks up from his prayer and here comes the teacher with a look in her eyes that says he has been discovered.

As the teacher is walking toward him, a classmate named Susie is carrying a goldfish bowl that is filled with water. Susie trips in front of the teacher and inexplicably dumps the bowl of water in the boy's lap.

The boy pretends to be angry, but all the while is saying to himself, "Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Lord!"

Now all of a sudden, instead of being the object of ridicule, the boy is the object of sympathy. The teacher rushes him downstairs and gives him gym shorts to put on while his pants dry out. All the other children are on their hands and knees cleaning up around his desk. The sympathy is wonderful. But as life would have it, the ridicule that should have been his has been transferred to someone else - Susie.

She tries to help, but they tell her to "get out. You've done enough, you klutz!"

Finally, at the end of the day, as they are waiting for the bus, the boy walks over to Susie and whispers, "You did that on purpose, didn't you?" Susie whispers back, "I wet my pants once too."

May God help us see the opportunities that are always around us to do good.

Remember, Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.

Each and everyone one of us is going through tough times right now, but God is getting ready to bless you in a way that only He can. Keep the faith.

This prayer is powerful, and prayer is one of the best gifts we receive. There is no cost but a lot of rewards Let's continue to pray for one another.

The Prayer:

Father, I ask You to bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for, who are reading this right now. Show them a new revelation of Your love and power. Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment. Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy. Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through Your grace. Where there is need, I ask you to fulfill their needs. Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings. Amen.

(If the Lord lays upon your heart to send this to more than four "4" people, you are truly blessed)
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by dudubobo1: 11:16am On Aug 18, 2008
Matthew 15:
7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
8 " 'These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men."

Do we honour God with our lips only?
Should we not honour him with all we do?
Do we reflect God's light in our dealings with those we come across?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Gamine(f): 11:17am On Aug 18, 2008
Analytical, your analysis is on point. tongue

So people can we discuss?

What happened in church yesterday
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Joge(m): 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2008
I am extremely glad to come accross this forum. The idea I will want to share is about a website where you can order freely christian magazine, www.gnmagazine.org
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by kolaoloye(m): 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2008
'You Shall Not Commit Adultery'
Mark 5:25-37
Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are on the way to court with him, or your accuser may hand you over to the judge,
and the judge to the guard, and you will be thrown into prison. Truly I tell you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.

Concerning Adultery

Stop complaining and experience real serenity today
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman
with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away;
it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better for you to lose one of your members than
for your whole body to go into hell.

Concerning Divorce

“It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I say to you that anyone who divorces
his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Concerning Oaths

“Again, you have heard that it was said to those of ancient times, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but carry out the vows you
have made to the Lord.’ But I say to you, Do not swear at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth,
for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make
one hair white or black. Let your word be ‘Yes, Yes’ or ‘No, No’; anything more than this comes from the evil one.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by dudubobo1: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2008
kola oloye:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman
with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away;
it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better for you to lose one of your members than
for your whole body to go into hell.

Is there anyone here old enough to know the story of a guy who cut his manhood in Ibadan (I think) several years ago because he claimed it was getting him to sin grin
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2008
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2008
dudu-bobo:

Is there anyone here old enough to know the story of a guy who cut his manhood in Ibadan (I think) several years ago because he claimed it was getting him to sin grin

There is what is called zeal without knowledge.  It tends to foolishness.  There are ways to deal with his sin than dismembering himself (physically).  He can still commit that sin even without his manhood if the root cause is not dealt with!  Yes, with his thoughts, eyes, hands etc.

That said,  if he survived the ordeal and still makes heaven at the end, maybe it's worthwhile after all!  Not my recommendation though.  cheesy
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2008
How's everybody?
Read through the previous posts. good job everyone,
Couldn't be at church last sunday was climbing Mt. Fuji
came here to fill my cup up. So far, I am not disappointed.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2008
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 10:53am On Aug 19, 2008
What a new day folks!

Yesterday is gone. That is why it is called past. Gone with all its trials, challenges, failures and successes. It's all consigned to the archives now. Don't dwell there- however sweet or bitter it may have been. Take the lessons thereof and move on!

Today is here. That is why it is called present. Here with all its opportunities, open doors and second chances. You have the hindsight of yesterday's lessons and the foresight of tomorrow's dreams. So correct yesterday's mistake, make good choices that will give you a better tomorrow and make every moment of today count!

Tomorrow is yet to come. That is why it is called future- full of its promises, dreams and visions. What you do today all add up to what will make tomorrow. Plan for tomorrow but don't worry about it. Invest in your tomorrow today and don't postpone what you can do today till tomorrow. Redeem the time.

Have a wonderful day.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by daruche(m): 11:00am On Aug 19, 2008
My brethren God is still God in all our situations. Be prepared the era of Grace is more tasking than that of the Law, we dont need to take the Grace for granted in our lives.

1Ti 4:9 Faithful is the Word, and worthy of all acceptance.
1Ti 4:10 For to this we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the preserver of all men, especially of those who believe.
1Ti 4:11 Command and teach these things.
1Ti 4:12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example of the believers, in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 11:39am On Aug 19, 2008
. . . and in case you are still worried about your tomorrow, afraid about your yesterday and unsure about today, please cheer up, friend.  Look up to the Lord and receive strength, direction and encouragement.

Heb 13:8-  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by brainwave(m): 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2008
  Tuesday 19 August, 08

‘AND THEIR NET BRAKE.’ LUKE 5:6

It’s wise to have ‘safety nets’ such as savings, insurance and investments. Rainy days come unexpectedly. But what are you doing to prepare for success? God says He can ‘Open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings so great, you won’t have enough room to take them in’ (Malachi 3:10). If God pours out His blessings on you, will you be ready to handle them? Are you preparing yourself for greater things or just settling for the status quo?

After fishing all night without success, Jesus told Peter, ‘Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets’ (Luke 5:4). Explaining that the fish weren’t biting, Peter says, ‘Nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net’ (Luke 5:5). Observe; Jesus said, ‘Let down your nets’ (plural). Peter responded, ‘I will let down the net’ (singular). Clearly, Jesus was thinking bigger than Peter! That night they caught so many fish, ‘their net brake.’ Next we read, ‘They beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink. When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees’ (Luke 5:7-cool.

Peter needed more than one net and one boat to handle what God had in mind. Getting the idea? If you’re praying for greater success, are you taking steps to prepare yourself for it? Are you furthering your education? Are you sharpening your skills and developing new ways of doing things? Are you open to working with others? Are you willing to fall at the feet of Jesus, acknowledging Him as the source of all blessing and sovereign Lord of your life?

http://gsafnigeria.org/devotional.aspx?dDate=8/19/2008
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by kolaoloye(m): 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2008
Psalm 124: God On Our Side

If it had not been the LORD who was on our side
—let Israel now say—
if it had not been the LORD who was on our side,
when our enemies attacked us,
then they would have swallowed us up alive,
when their anger was kindled against us;
then the flood would have swept us away,
the torrent would have gone over us;
then over us would have gone
the raging waters.

Blessed be the LORD,
who has not given us
as prey to their teeth.
We have escaped like a bird
from the snare of the fowlers;
the snare is broken,
and we have escaped.

Our help is in the name of the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by dudubobo1: 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2008
Hebrews 6

10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure.
12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by brainwave(m): 9:11am On Aug 20, 2008
Wednesday 20 August, 08

‘COME, SEE A MAN.’ JOHN 4:29 NIV

When the woman at the well met Jesus, unlike all the other men she’d met, He addressed her real need. ‘[He said,] “Go…get your husband”… “I don’t have a husband,” the woman replied. Jesus said…”you have had five husbands, and you aren’t…married to the man you’re living with”’ (John 4:16-18 NLT). Because we’re weak, we keep getting into situations that leave us wounded. And those wounds can’t be healed by going from relationship to relationship. After meeting Jesus this woman ran to tell everybody, ‘Come…meet a man who told me everything!’ (TLB). Her answer wasn’t another man; she’d already tried that! Her answer was meeting the man, and asking Him to fill the void in her life. The Bible refers to this as putting ‘on the new self, which is being renewed in…the image of its Creator’ (Colossians 3:10 NIV). If you’re sick of the way you’re living and want to change, remember, the woman at the well couldn’t ‘put off the old man’ until she met the new One. When you’re attached to certain habits and relationships, it’s hard to break free in your own strength. You’ll only be able to disengage when you acknowledge Jesus as Lord of your life. Only by embracing the new, will you find strength to say goodbye to the old. So what does all this mean for you? It means coming to Christ as you are, asking Him to save you, and entering into a relationship with Him. James says, ‘Surrender to God…Resist the devil, and he will run from you’ (James 4:7 CEV). When you do that, God will give you the strength to forsake those old patterns and begin a new life!

http://gsafnigeria.org/devotional.aspx?dDate=8/20/2008

Event Calendar

Contact Us

List of Distributors

Partnership
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Analytical(m): 9:36am On Aug 20, 2008
God bless you brainwave.  I have not yet recovered from the one of yesterday which was so timely!  Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Ruddyface(f): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2008
Well, I think Faith is the evidence of things hoped for and the certainty of things not yet seen.

Foolish is not being sensible: showing, or resulting from, a lack of good sense or judgment.

Fantasy is imaginative power: the creative power of the imagination; mental image or dream: an image or dream created by the imagination; impractical idea; an unrealistic and impractical idea.

Can you all see the similarity of the three? There is a thin line of difference and only by the Spirit of God can you decipher it.

To exercise faith, you have to be insensible sometimes - as did Mary (the virgin) and Sarah, the mother of nations.

To exercise faith, you have to exercise creative power of the imagination - as did Abraham as he viewed the stars in the sky and as did Joseph, the dreamer. Recall that even the Lord calls the things that were not as though they were. Let there be light and there was light.

It takes the Spirit of God to tell you the difference between your very strong faith, your imaginative sense and mere act of foolishness in the name of faith(zeal without knowledge). So to avert this, do two things: pray and get familiar with the Word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.