Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,252 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

The Problem With The Atheist - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Problem With The Atheist (5787 Views)

Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? / Mock The Atheist. / The Atheist Creed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2011
Ah, Mr Dunce; na so you dey shamelessly intellectually dishonest.  smiley

Anyway, the thread is there and I've even already linked to it above.

cool

EDITED In fact here is the link to where your folly on that thread started: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-715030.32.html

cool
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by thehomer: 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2011
Enigma:

Ah, Mr Dunce; na so you dey shamelessly intellectually dishonest. smiley

Anyway, the thread is there and I've even already linked to it above.

cool

Awww this whiner is at it again and has chosen to graduate to lying. Please point out where you named the God in question. Since you can easily drag up the thread, please show us where you named the God. Or is your instructor not around?
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2011
Look at the post above yours as edited: read your first question (and compare to your blatant lying here); then follow the rest of that thread.

Jokes aside: you really are a disgrace for making any pretense to intellectualism being such a blatant liar! smiley

cool
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by thehomer: 5:14pm On Oct 02, 2011
Enigma:

Look at the post above yours as edited: read your first question (and compare to your blatant lying here); then follow the rest of that thread.

Jokes aside: you really are a disgrace for making any pretense to intellectualism being such a blatant liar! smiley

cool

Where? Or is your illness being compounded by confabulation?
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2011
Poor comprehension Mumu --- just follow the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compare the question you kept asking like a robot on that thread with the dishonestly modified version of that question that you present on this thread.

cool
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by thehomer: 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2011
Enigma:

Poor comprehension Mumu --- just follow the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compare the question you kept asking like a robot on that thread with the dishonestly modified version of that question that you present on this thread.

cool

It seems you're now having some sort of blindness.

This is my post from the thread you linked.

thehomer:
Which God did Anthony Flew believe in?
Another thing to note here is citing Anthony Flew here is simply an argument from authority. You actually need to present the argument you're making rather than just name dropping.

Now this is the question I'm asking.

thehomer:

Awww this whiner is at it again and has chosen to graduate to lying. Please point out where you named the God in question. Since you can easily drag up the thread, please show us where you named the God. Or is your instructor not around?

Did you ever identify the God in question despite being asked numerous times? Don't you think that a good way to differentiate among the numerous Gods is by giving us their names? Please go and get your instructor. You're embarrassing yourself.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2011
Mr Dunce (soon to be renamed Mr fraud), below are the two things:

A. Your dishonest re-phrasing.

thehomer:

Awww dullard go through the thread and find out what I was asking for.
What is the name of this God? Is it Jehovah? How does this God support your bronze age beliefs?

B. Your old question (in various guises)

thehomer:

Which God did Anthony Flew believe in?

In a different form:
thehomer:

I wasn't aware that he believed in any particular God. Your post seemed to indicate otherwise. So which God was it? . . . .

And again:
thehomer:

Assume I'm ignorant, why don't you simply point out the God he believed in?

And you are not ashamed to say (or lie bold-faced) that you were not asking me about his "beliefs"?
thehomer:
. . . . Note that I never asked about his beliefs just about his God.

At what time did you ask whether it was Jehovah or some bronze age god?

You are a disgrace and a waste of time for being a liar in addition to being a dunce.

cool
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2011
Obviously, the question of what God he believed in was answerd when I posted a video of him explaining with his own mouth ----- though very deliberately in another thread.

So when did the issue of Jehovah or some bronze age god arise.

Pathetic liar!
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by thehomer: 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2011
Enigma:

Mr Dunce (soon to be renamed Mr fraud), below are the two things:

A. Your dishonest re-phrasing.

B. Your old question (in various guises)

In a different form:
And again:
And you are not ashamed to say (or lie bold-faced) that you were not asking me about his "beliefs"?
At what time did you ask whether it was Jehovah or some bronze age god?

You are a disgrace and a waste of time for being a liar in addition to being a dunce.

cool

grin

My my you're so bitter.
Don't you know how to read? The question was for you to tell us the name of the God whether Jehovah, Shiva, FSM or whatever it was. Please, just go and get your special ed instructor.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2011
^^^ You are a disgraceful liar! No shame! smiley

Even when your lies clearly find you out, you still persist in making a fool of yourself. smiley

From now on I place you in the category --- "to be pitied"! sad

Nevertheless, I have now officially added Mr Fraud to your other moniker of Mr Dunce. grin

cool
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by thehomer: 5:41pm On Oct 02, 2011
Enigma:

Obviously, the question of what God he believed in was answerd when I posted a video of him explaining with his own mouth ----- though very deliberately in another thread.

Deliberately in another thread? And you consider yourself an honest individual? Anyway, did he mention any God by name? Or any specific distinguishing features?

Enigma:

So when did the issue of Jehovah or some bronze age god arise.

Pathetic liar!

Go through the thread. You're one peculiarly disturbed character.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by thehomer: 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2011
Enigma:

^^^ You are a disgraceful liar! No shame! smiley

Even when your lies clearly find you out, you still persist in making a fool of yourself. smiley

From now on I place you in the category --- "to be pitied"! sad

Nevertheless, I have now officially added Mr Fraud to your other moniker of Mr Dunce. grin

cool

Quit whining and type out the God that he believed in. You're still quite evasive and doing a poor job of it. I wonder who's fraudulent when you're making the claim and refusing to back it up or myself who is just asking you for the answer?
Dullard.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2011
^^^ And since you are still a dunce (now a fraud as well!), I continue to refuse to be your teacher on that particular point --- just as I did on that original thread!  wink

cool
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by thehomer: 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2011
Enigma:

^^^ And since you are still a dunce (now a fraud as well!), I continue to refuse to be your teacher on that particular point --- just as I did on that original thread!  wink

cool

Aww still whining I see. Just type out the name of the God. Go watch the video you've hidden and type out the name of the God let's see if it is close to your Jehovah.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by zataxs: 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2011
@thehomer, is a recurrent trend for christian to become abusive and unnecessarily emotional when present with infallible logic.
@Enigma , if on the other hand to presented evidence of a God that is credible, we will be very happy, who does not want to live forever!
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 02, 2011
You see a time will come soon, when the topic will change to 'The Problem with the Religionist'.

I wonder why Enigma is so bitter, see what religion does to sane people? ah ah
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 6:04am On Oct 03, 2011
^^^^ Another mumu! smiley
cool
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 6:11am On Oct 03, 2011
thehomer:

Aww still whining I see. Just type out the name of the God. Go watch the video you've hidden and type out the name of the God let's see if it is close to your Jehovah.

So Mr Dunce is even operating at the juvenile level of "Antony Flew's God was not Jehovah" and he comes here pretending as someone to be taken seriously?

One day you'll grow up Mr Dunce, or indeed Mr Fraud -- to use your shiny new moniker.  grin

You see, that poster really had your measure, you know!

Breeze5000:
. . . . A lot of them just make mouth and ask all those [size=14pt]kindergarten questions[/size] sometimes,  Like lil kids who ask! ask! and ask without pausing to think or imagine if what they are saying makes sense. [/b]Since they are the ones that says there is no God, the burden of proof lies with them and [b]I don't see them coming up with anything meaningful! . . . .

cool
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by thehomer: 7:03am On Oct 03, 2011
Enigma:

So Mr Dunce is even operating at the juvenile level of "Antony Flew's God was not Jehovah" and he comes here pretending as someone to be taken seriously?

One day you'll grow up Mr Dunce, or indeed Mr Fraud -- to use your shiny new moniker.  grin

You see, that poster really had your measure, you know!

cool

Aww still so bitter after so many months. As usual, you're still unable to name this God rather you've been jumping from thread to thread, hiding the video that you should have watched which exposed this God yet you're unable to tell us the God? What a shame. Please get your special ed. instructor to interpret the video to you.
Such a petulant whiner.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 7:20am On Oct 03, 2011
^^^ Obviously all the intellectual excitement that followed Antony Flew's rejection of his former atheism religion passed you by or perhaps flew over your head. That is why you remain in the rut of your juvenile level "Antony Flew's God was not Jehovah" ---- that is apart from your intellectual dishonesty and fraud of course!  smiley

Mumu, you forget that a person only had to read a newspaper at the time to know of Antony Flew's God! Even one of your fellow evangelical atheists did better in one of the other threads by quoting from the Independent Telegraph Newspaper --- but here you are operating at a juvenile level even lower than that. Anyway, I did advise you to ask him to be your teacher. You are just too dumb or too fraudulent to be my student. So, I continue to refuse to be your teacher.  smiley

cool
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by thehomer: 7:48am On Oct 03, 2011
Enigma:

^^^ Obviously all the intellectual excitement that followed Antony Flew's rejection of his former atheism religion passed you by or perhaps flew over your head. That is why you remain in the rut of your juvenile level "Antony Flew's God was not Jehovah" ---- that is apart from your intellectual dishonesty and fraud of course! smiley

Mumu, you forget that a person only had to read a newspaper at the time to know of Antony Flew's God! Even one of your fellow evangelical atheists did better in one of the other threads by quoting from the Independent Newspaper --- but here you are operating at a juvenile level even lower than that. Anyway, I did advise you to ask him to be your teacher. You are just too dumb or too fraudulent to be my student. So, I continue to refuse to be your teacher. smiley

cool

For some reason, every one else seems to know this God but you the claimant. Are you afraid of presenting the God?
Anyway, I'll just leave you to your usual dunghill brain and reasoning since you're still unable to present this God after several threads and several months of running from direct questions.
And I had some hopes for you when you were claiming to be an intellectual only for you to show your poor reasoning abilities by tossing around logical fallacies, being so emotionally involved that you've remained bitter, whiny and severely deranged.
Oh well, get back on your short-bus and protect what little brain matter you have from any more concussions and malnourishment.

PS: you may need to change your special ed. instructor since you've not shown any improvement but you've shown a severe deterioration.

Good luck with your new instructor. kiss
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 7:52am On Oct 03, 2011
Ah, my mumu friend pick race yet again ---- after being exposed once again for the juvenile operator that he is (just like "for first amendment purposes only"winkgrin

cool
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 8:21am On Oct 03, 2011
While I will certainly continue to refuse to teach my mumu friend about Antony Flew's God, I'd like to leave a bonus on this thread --- of Antony Flew talking about Genesis 1. (As an incidental aside, my very same dishonest mumu friend actually posted on the very same thread, even on the very same page, in which I posted the video of Flew speaking about his god!)

EDIT the below was first posted here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-11284.672.html#msg8781133

The late Anthony Flew, one of the atheists' champions of all time who later renounced atheism, was asked:

HABERMAS: Then, would you comment on your “openness” to the notion of theistic revelation?

He replied:

FLEW: Yes. I am open to it, but not enthusiastic about potential revelation from God. On the positive side, for example, I am very much impressed with physicist Gerald Schroeder’s comments on Genesis 1. That this biblical account might be scientifically accurate raises the possibility that it is revelation.

smiley
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by zataxs: 9:09am On Oct 03, 2011
@Enigma calling people mumu, simple exposes your own immaturity. And shows how fine living examples of Jesus result to insults when they are met with infallible logic. you simply do not have a anything to disprove what is being said. And you are suffering from a common problem Christians who consider themselves to be highly educated, you turn to throw big names, left right and center without understanding them. You think that by mentioning certain complex ideologies it equates to understanding them.

I think nothing shows this problem better than this debate with Sam Harris and Deepak Chopra. I think one of the best debates of all times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-8-Yxdphsg
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 9:17am On Oct 03, 2011
zataxs:

@Enigma calling people mumu, simple exposes your own immaturity. And shows how fine living examples of Jesus result to insults when they are met with infallible logic. you simply do not have a anything to disprove what is being said. And you are suffering from a common problem Christians who consider themselves to be highly educated,  you turn to throw big names, left right and center without understanding them. You think that by mentioning certain complex ideologies it equates to understanding them.

I think nothing shows this problem better than this debate with Sam Harris and Deepak Chopra. I think one of the best debates of all times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-8-Yxdphsg

Says the very MUMU who starts a thread "God Violated Mary Who Gave Birth To A Bastard son"  smiley

Hypocritical MUMU!

cool
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Enigma(m): 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2011
From http://www.truefreethinker.com/articles/flying-spaghetti-monster-invisible-pink-unicorns-et-al-part-1-4

On the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the Invisible Pink Unicorns, et al.

Many atheists exhibit a lack of knowledge of the very theism against which they most often, if not exclusively, argue - the Bible's Judeo-Christianity. Worse yet, they think that they are well versed by claiming that they were "raised Christian" (whatever that means), "went to Sunday School," "was an altar boy," "saw the movie (hyperbole intended)," etc.

I am not one to claim that you must be a theologian to speak on, or against, Christianity nor a scholar to speak on, or against, the Bible. That is to be reserved for scholarly settings. Yet, one ought to be at least somewhat versed on the subject that one seeks to critique and be skeptical enough to double check both what one is being told as well as one's own positions.

I find that many atheists not only lack knowledge of Christian theology and the contents and contexts of the Bible but lack a basic understanding of natural theology / general revelation, which seeks to infer the cause of the universe from nature (nature not meaning biosphere alone but the universe as a whole).

Take a lack of knowledge of natural theology / general revelation - add to it a lack knowledge of Christian theology and the contents of the Bible - mix that with a typically early age rejection of Christianity - blend it with the early, Sunday School, age understanding of theology - and finally bake it in the presuppositional oven of self-professed erudition and what do we end up with?

We end up with atheists seriously arguing that the concept of God as postulated by Christian theology is on a par with postulating the existence of imaginary friends, fairies, celestial teapots, sky daddies or Flying Spaghetti Monster and Invisible Pink Unicorns.

Re: The Problem With The Atheist by mkmyers45(m): 11:35pm On Apr 09, 2012
JeSoul: MissyB,
"discussion" with them is pointless and fruitless as history on these very boards has even shown. I wonder sometimes how people get so angry and bitter and "intellectual" that they reach the point of saying there is no God? sad
ummm..i wonder what you will say if you were born a muslim.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2012
Hoping I don't get banned for this.. lol..

Really, really old thread...

Bump..
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
manmustwac:
After going thruough your post JeSoul its seems u can't give any logical explanation to what you know in the bible because what you know is based on your strong faith and your strong beliefs So u can't convince someone like me that there is a God soley based on your strong faith and strong beliefs. I need physical evidence.

This is why I disbelieve aliens, dark energy, macroevolution, multiverses, Boltzmann's brains hypothesis (a funny hypothesis that the pre Big-Bang state of the universe came about through random fluctuations) and souls.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 2:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
mazaje:

you know little about evolution and i would'nt want go into that line of argument with you. but your explanation has nothing to do with the evidence of good. it provides no evidence at all. the fact that there is an intricate cosmos has nothing to do with the evidence of a god. god to me means the laws of nature(gravity,seasons etc). simple not some white/arab man with long beard sitting up in heaven and waiting for the end of time to destroy in eternity all those that do not believe in his son jesus or his prophet mohhamed. besides which of all the gods is really god? is it jehova, allah,pallongun.buddah,shivelskine,zeus etc who amongs them is god?

Laws of nature are defined by humans. Nature (aside from humans) doesn't (and can't) know it follows a law. It is intelligent humans who observe patterns and profer explanations on the elements of Nature. one must ask if intelligence is the property of matter, whether matter can self-organise into living systems and the proceesing implications. Just keep this in mind while you are at it: matter has never been seen to self-organize into specified complexity nor life. Only intelligent beings (humans in particular) have been seen to do such.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
JeSoul:

Romans 1:
19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

The verse is saying that nature itself, the world we see around us is proof of God's existence and greatness.

I was walking in from the parking lot to my work building and I looked at the lush green grass, the perfectly crafted blade, the fine details on each piece, the deep shade of green, millions of them forming a lavish carpet across the lawn and I thot to myself - how can anyone say this happened by accident?by 'evolution'?
The complexity and intricate design of a simple blade of grass is infinite proof - to me- that there is a God who designed and created the world. It is not just by faith, it is the logical conclusion, that something complex, designed with incredible detail could not have just happened by accident.

You cannot look at your laptop and say it evolved, there's too much detail, too much perfect 'coincidences' that all work together to run this machine to say it was an accident. Look at the human body, it is incredible the way it works, from every cell to every tissue, every organ, all the billions of things that happen in the body every day to keep it alive . . . it could not have come together by accident, it would be illogical to say that.

I'm replying this all because someone referred me to an old thread. It's ironic that mazaje was was surprised (or at least the worker involved) when an accident produced a replica of a sword from a rock. That fact connotes that the impossibility of life arising from events. Ignoring that the explosives where man-made, one wonders why the surprise at an event making a sword when such made a putative first living organism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Atheist Creed! / COCIN Sends Pastor To UK To Set Up New Church (pictures) / How To Find And Join A Coven In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.