Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Nice Guys Don't Get Laid - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nice Guys Don't Get Laid (5084 Views)

5 Statements Guys Don't Want To Hear From The Ladies / Reasons Why Most Guys Don't Want To Marry A Virgin Anymore / Why Do Nice Guys Always Get Treated Badly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by NegroNtns(m): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2008
@Syma

Trying to get approval by giving it

Another name for it - Feedback. What is wrong with telling a woman you like how she fit in her dress?

Calling, visiting, writing often to prevent the woman from seeing other men

Or you can call it - competing to be the #1. Guys that are looking for long term relationship do this, they are maintaining and grooming the woman's emotions. Guys that want a hit & run care less about grooming or wanting to be number 1.

Giving too much, creating imbalance

It's also called - goodwill. You can never give too much if you believe in a goal. Its only imbalance if she fail to reciprocate, at which point you have a choice.

Selling too far in advance

Simply - sacrificing! Its a leadership skill. You step up with objectives and bring others up with you.

Become jealous and afraid of loosing a woman that they don't even have

call it - human nature. Out of many relationships, somewhere, sometime, someday, a man will meet a woman that arouses this human nature in him and he will readily respond to it, inspite of himself.

Sharing feelings too early

Same as giving too much or selling too far in advance above, this is repetition. If a man can acquire a wild animal, a man eating animal and sacrifice time, money, endure pain and fear to tame it for domestication, why does he fail to succeed in simple requirements of loving a woman?

Allowing the emotional infatuation to trigger obsessive behaviors and communication
Hmm - contradiction!! You have positioned nice guy as simplistic and timid. Simplistic guys are never obsessive, they live and let live.

The above list is the nice guys characters

What are the bad guys character?
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by NegroNtns(m): 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2008
"In our desire to please women (which we mistakenly think will make them like us), us guys are always doing things to get a woman’s “approval” or “permission”.

Another HORRIBLE idea.

Women are NEVER attracted to the types of men who kiss up to them… EVER.

Don’t get me wrong here.

You don’t have to treat women BADLY for them to like you.

But if you think that treating a woman well means “always getting her approval and permission for things”, think again.

You will never succeed by looking for approval. Women actually get ANNOYED at men who seek their approval.

Doubt me? Just ask any attractive woman if Wussy guys who chase her around and want her approval annoy her…"

Syma, now you have gone soft and nice, ; you are softening your earlier accusations. Looking for approval?
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by RichyBlacK(m): 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2008
Syma sounds very bitter.
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Hannibal: 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2008
This topic has been dealt with over and over again.
Nice guys don't get laid cos women prefer the drama and mystery that surround bad guys.
The so called nice guys are too boring, rigid predictability!

1 Like

Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by sistawoman: 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2008
Hannibal:

This topic has been dealt with over and over again.
Nice guys don't get laid because women prefer the drama and mystery that surround bad guys.
The so called nice guys are too boring, rigid predictability!

They are also spineless and doormats.

1 Like

Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Hannibal: 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2008
sistawoman:

They are also spineless and doormats.

Can't stand em.
They need to read every rule in the book to make the first move.
Very low confidence and self-esteem.
In a nutshell, nice guys are plonkers. grin
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by onyinye2(f): 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2008
Mayne yal are a mean bunch.
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by agaba123(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2008
Hannibal what happened to the olympic thread?
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Hannibal: 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2008
Thread was locked.
Onyinye's picture in her spandex may be responsible. grin cheesy grin
The pic was so lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, the bandwidth couldn't handle HEAT. tongue
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by sistawoman: 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2008
onyinye2:

Mayne yal are a mean bunch.

But it is true
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Syma: 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2008
Syma, now you have gone soft and nice, ; you are softening your earlier accusations. Looking for approval?

I still stand that Nice guys don't get laid. Why that post is to make it clear that I am not encouraging jerks, it pays to be a jark over women, but an extracted jerk. I mean the type that doesn't beat women, and at the same time don't seek for her approval.

This has been the traditional way most of the men deals with women.

Momy says: "be nice to her, buy her gift, call her all the time, bla bla bla".

Do you want to know the type of guys that commit suicide after a heartbreak? Is the nice guys, because they believe there will never be another chance for them.
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2008
Depends on what you define by "nice guys". I think i'm a nice guy and i dont have a problem with getting laid . . . its just that some of us dont see it as that important.
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Syma: 7:16pm On Aug 14, 2008
o yeah?
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Syma: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2008
"In our desire to please women (which we mistakenly think will make them like us), us guys are always doing things to get a woman’s “approval” or “permission”.

Another HORRIBLE idea.

Women are NEVER attracted to the types of men who kiss up to them… EVER.

Don’t get me wrong here.

You don’t have to treat women BADLY for them to like you.

But if you think that treating a woman well means “always getting her approval and permission for things”, think again.

You will never succeed by looking for approval. Women actually get ANNOYED at men who seek their approval.

Doubt me? Just ask any attractive woman if Wussy guys who chase her around and want her approval annoy her…"

The quotes (""wink surounding my ealier post is to tell that it was a section of article i read, authored by David DeAngelo. You can read the entire article here:
http://www.datingquestionsformen.com/the-ten-most-dangerous-mistakes-you-probably-make-with-women

Still "Nice guys don't get laid"
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2008
@poster
you can't just assume that nice guys don't get laid.
What is your def of nice? It depends on what you think of as a "nice guy" oh. As far as I know it, even a nice guy can go to a prostitue and get laid.
Apart from that, you'll need evidence to validate this your assumption.
Has there been a survey or some kind of social experiment that has been done that can back up your statement?
I don't think your assumptions can be proved because I don't think there's anyway anyone can know if a nice guy as been bleeped or not, and this is an opinionated assumption, there is no way it can be confirmed!

And don't forget, who you think is nice, might not be nice to someone else.
Meaning, nice guys might not get laid by you, but can certainly get laid by someone else.
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by doe82: 8:29pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ Topic
Yeah I think I beleieve!
it depends on the individual
Personal experience
Action:[/b]whenever I want to play,I play the hard guy
[b]Result:[/b]I get laid and take off

[b]Action:[/b]Whenever I am in love,I play nice guy coz i dont want to loose the damsel
[[b]b]Result:[/b]I never get laid

What a world!!!
[i][/i]
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by syren: 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2008
doe82:

@ Topic
Yeah I think I beleieve!
it depends on the individual
Personal experience
[b]Action:[/b]whenever I want to play,I play the hard guy
[b]Result:[/b]I get laid and take off

[b]Action:[/b]Whenever I am in love,I play nice guy because i don't want to loose the damsel
[[b]b]Result:[/b]I never get laid

[b]What a world!!![/[/b]b][i][/i]

indeed
see this one grin how r u doey, long time.
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by damola1: 12:42am On Aug 15, 2008
well, relationship with women could be looked from another angle like a business relationship.

In business, you've got to have value, else, nothing for you,

Same thing in women relationship, value is very important, packaging and all that,

Well, Its just that, when you are emotionally involved in women, you might tend to under value yourself to a point where you are worth nothing, and that might simply be the problem.

For me, Like I said, I guess I don't have time to create value for just any girl, if you have the time waste it on creating value for a woman, if not, take a walk,

But if you really really like the lady, there's a great possibility that you will under value yourself, unless you are matured enough to manage your emotions.
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by minc: 2:19am On Aug 15, 2008
though l have'nt read everythin on this page, but i think topup has been the most insightful!

But generally, I think girls prefer being treated shabbily!

When you are nice to them, they treat u like a piece of cheat!!

But show your other colour, they 'll be lookin at you like god!

What can one say about a gender who don't like being treated like real people!

Personally, l'll continue to treat most of them as if they dont exist cos that seems the only language they understand! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Hannibal: 2:44am On Aug 15, 2008

Nice Guys Don't Get Laid

Nice guys are not supposed to get laid. grin cheesy
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Nobody: 2:49am On Aug 15, 2008
Hannibal:

Nice guys are not supposed to get laid. grin cheesy

I thought you were a nice guy, so you don't get laid? cheesy tongue
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Hannibal: 2:51am On Aug 15, 2008
stillwater:

I thought you were a nice guy, so you don't get laid? cheesy tongue

Nice guy?? Not likely.
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 15, 2008
Lmao, someone's shy. grin cheesy
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Hannibal: 2:54am On Aug 15, 2008
Shy?? Puhleeeeeease.
People would tell u i have never been nice.
I am the most villainous guy u can ever meet. tongue
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 15, 2008
Empty barrels make the loudest noise tongue You are as soft as a pudding grin confess!!!!!
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Hannibal: 2:58am On Aug 15, 2008
No need to elaborate any further.
Ma records speak for itself.
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Nobody: 3:04am On Aug 15, 2008
What records? Where can I get them?
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Hannibal: 3:06am On Aug 15, 2008
Put your ear to the ground!!!

Many would laugh at u tagging me with The Nice Guy syndrome.
Loads of peops think i am a misogynist. tongue grin
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 15, 2008
I know your type very well. cool
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Hannibal: 3:13am On Aug 15, 2008
U dunno shiznit about me.

Flipping the coin now. . . . .Are u a good gurl or a bad one?
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Nobody: 3:17am On Aug 15, 2008
I'm just me cheesy
Re: Nice Guys Don't Get Laid by Hannibal: 3:19am On Aug 15, 2008
Just u??

A mother theresa on the outside and a Paris Hilton in the bedroom?? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Lover Is Illiterate! What Next? / Men Buying Underwear For Their Chicks (guys Can U Do It) / Does This Happen To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.