Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers (10800 Views)

Obj:where Are The Snipers? / Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! / Evidence Of 1000 Snipers revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by IdeyVex1(m): 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2008
People!!! Let us clear this sh*t and educate ourselves:

1. That Nigeria has the best infantry (foot soldiers for those wey no sabi) in the world is true!  Ask ECOWAS and the UN.  No other force in the world matches a Nigerian force at least on infantry.  Trust me on that

2. Being a Sniper does not require much expertise.  Nigerian Army has a lot of sharp shooters. Even during the civil war, ordinary civilians were trained to be sharp shooters in a matter of days.  Remember when it was said "don't shoot a bullet if it won't kill"?  That was during the civil war on the biafran side when shortage of ammunition was the norm.

3. This story is probably very true.  Not every case of kidnapping nowadays is carried out by specially trained militants.  Most jobless fellows in the Niger Delta have taken to kidnapping as a livelihood.  Some of them cannot even hold a rifle.  In some cases, only the head has a rifle.  Smoking these ones out is about the easiest thing.  Even a Nigerian "Yellow Fever" or "Aiye man" can handle it.  It all depends on the calibre of the men who carried out the kidnapping.

4. Talking about reaction while being shot.  It doesn't have to be one person shooting the six.  In a well planned operation, the number of shooters will most likely exceed the number of kidnappers.  Most probably, each kidnapper has two bullets marked for him.  The whole six would have gone down at the same time. My friend in the military told me that

5. As for information as to how they were located, fellow kidnappers could have provided that.

So let's stop disbelieving this woman and look more at possibilities.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by igwe4life(m): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2008
Thanks God for your life
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by biggjoe(m): 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2008
call it SWAT or what ever, why do u guys think Nigeria can't have it.
Have we all forgotten about Sgt. Rogers in a Hurry? Have we how good his shots are with common FM riffle or even AK-47 which can only travel 700 metres? Have we forgotten what a great paratropper he is?He is just one of them.

Probably because many policemen collect N20 on the roads with tattered uniform, thats why everyone believes NPF is all childs play. The government spend a lot of money training men in the force every year but we don't see these men on our roads. You have to come close enough to them to know all these. I have been close enough to the Nigerian army to know that they have very sophisticated amphibious team that can fight in the sea. I know how much time the Guards soldiers (who I have been with during NYSC) spend in their shooting range.

I wonder why people was wondering why the husband did not pay the ransom. Its common sense to know that it is the police that made him not to pay. While keeping the kidnappers in contact which probably led to tracking them down. The morons are taking calls with mobile and like many guys on this thread, they did not believe that The police can track one with cellphone signals and thats how  they met their death.

Now somebody is telling me that Naija policeman or soldier will not risk  his/her life to free a nobody. The fact is that they don't have much choice, they have to obey orders. Such operation are rewarded with promotion when succesful. If you reason fine again you will realize that it is never all safe haven if you are in the force because even on that 'safe' road in Lagos or Abuja where a policeman will be collecting N20, an armed robber can just gun him down just to take his Ak-47.

Now has anyone wondered how it is policemen and not pastors that were able to invade the dreaded Okija Shrine which have killed many, they destroed everything there.

The Police have so many divisions that we might not all know about.

Just take it or leave it.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2008
biggjoe:

call it SWAT or what ever, why do u guys think Nigeria can't have it.
Have we all forgotten about Sgt. Rogers in a Hurry? Have we how good his shots are with common FM riffle or even AK-47 which can only travel 700 metres? Have we forgotten what a great paratropper he is?He is just one of them.

What ever igbo you are taking please don't pass it to the next man.

U go soon dey call Anini sniper.

Person be butcher of a dictator we dey spray innocent and defenceless people's cars randomly with bullets, you dey bring up im name for sniper discussions.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Okijajuju1(m): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2008
I don die O!!

Shey it is still Nigeria, the one that gained independence in 1960 abi?? Same Nigerian Police that weres black abi?? The same army that went to seirra Leone and came back with amputated hands abi??

I still say the sniper story na lie,

If she said they ambushed the kidnappers and used the elemant of suprise to wipe them out, I'll say fine but the sniper story sounds like something out of a hollywood movie.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by gbomoJ: 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2008
You all are Ignorant grin
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Okijajuju1(m): 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2008
gbomo J:

You all are Ignorant grin

Is this the best you could do with your first post?? You surely must be an attention seeking retard. angry
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Ibime(m): 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2008
Okija_juju:

Is this the best you could do with your first post?? You surely must be an attention seeking retard. angry

Don't you see he is claiming to be Jomo Gbomo, the MEND spokesman? grin
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Hannibal: 1:48am On Aug 18, 2008
I cannot believe the level of naiveté on this thread.
Are people saying there are no rescue units in Nigeria because some cops collect 20 quid on motor-ways??
If these are the future leaders of Nigeria, then i cry for this nation.
Buncha simpletons. angry
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by cicero(m): 9:57am On Aug 18, 2008
My only reservation about this story is if this happened the Nigerian Police would have made so much noise about it. I'm not sure this happened or did it?
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by timbabng(m): 10:05am On Aug 18, 2008
Hannibal:

I cannot believe the level of naiveté on this thread.
Are people saying there are no rescue units in Nigeria because some cops collect 20 quid on motor-ways??
If these are the future leaders of Nigeria, then i cry for this nation.
Buncha simpletons. angry

i tire for them oo. So whats so unbeleiveable about a rescue mission involving untrained kidnappers, i wonder why some of us have completely taken the Nigerian Police to be nothing but 20 naira collectors, i'm sure she was rescued and i'm also very sure it didnt take much effort to take out the kidnappers!
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by slyk2(m): 10:29am On Aug 18, 2008
madam, God is still faithful!

Something good will soon happen in the Niger Delta.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by slyk2(m): 10:43am On Aug 18, 2008
matching these hudlums fire for fire aint a bad idea.

killing some of them will tell then that the game is up.

yet, let them be warned of messing with the house of God.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2008
cicero:

My only reservation about this story is if this happened the Nigerian Police would have made so much noise about it. I'm not sure this happened or did it?

Good point.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by vislabraye(m): 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2008
Why must people always ARGUE about every thing? It is not impossible for some one to be rescued in such a dramatic way. One thing i Know is that , we have very good soldiers. ( I think one of them should have represented us in shooting competion ,this Olympic). What of serg. Rogers. It would surprise u that we have many guys like that,
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by gbomoJ: 12:00am On Aug 19, 2008
Okija juju, ur lucky that you are holed up in ur "fake Shrine" come to the Niger Delta and You would see who holds sway, Egbesu or Okija.
U call me a retard, hmm I wish I knew who you are, my small boys would have paid you a visit, be careful how u run ur mouth, u could be only one shot away my dear brother wink
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by congoshine(m): 12:22am On Aug 19, 2008
make dem no talk say kidnapper 'file' SSG wife,e come de talk menstruation story, naija !

So she no chop food for 17 days? Kai !
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by legba1(m): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2008
I am sure this woman in question is telling the truth.there's no reason for her to paint such a scene like we see only in american movies.may be it will be better if some or one of you doubting thomas take a trip down that lane.only none of you is worth a penny to place a ransome on.just no mis road go into those creeks coz na there you go grow gray hair.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by rancetech(m): 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2008
Some of these policemen and soldiers do watch American movies.

I see no reason why they can't do watch they watch on the movies.

There might be some truth in all of these.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by geebeeohh(m): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2008
it is funny when you think about it. its either some people have been reading too many fictional books or watching too many films, the fine combination of a steady head and even a steadier hand and a distance of about 600 metres,a G3 rifle and a 7.62mm round, do you smell something , SNIPER! SNIPER!! A pity if you are on the wrong end of the barrel grin
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by bardify: 2:33pm On Aug 19, 2008
We thank God for her life.
Protection is of the Lord.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by bastrin(f): 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2008
I pray for war in this country Then all u fools will learn how to talk. Pls if u can go read up anytyn on Liberia or sudan or somtin on Nigerian armed forces I blive dat will be a starting point. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by busybody20: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2008
The SSG’s wife who said one of the kidnapers confided in her that he was an undergraduate noted that seventeen day the commander came to her and said the game was over and that they would killed her, when men suspected to be police snipers moved in and took out six of her captors.

“I watched in horror as the policemen shot dead six of my captors in a rescue operation,” she said thanking God for sparing her life.

ge gennnn!!! I never knew niaja's got SNIPPERS! It makes me remember CRIME FIGHTERS on tv grin Naija Police in Action lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by holythug(m): 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2008
so wats d morale of d story. . .maybe a movie shd b made outta dis
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by goggoji(m): 12:08am On Aug 20, 2008
You Nigerians are really an interesting lot. Ur police has been in close to 15 UN missions all over the world and have received commendations and won accolades in close to 12. Ur soldiers are among the most battle tested in the whole continent (the most peace keeping missions in the world I think) yet you dont believe them to have performed in a relatively simply rescue involving horribly amateurish kidnappers.

We over here respect ur forces, we saw them in action first hand and they protected us with their lives during our darkest days. I think they deserve credit for being on the ground for the job while highly rated yankees and brits cruised overhead in their helis and claimed most of the credit.

I really think they could have pulled this off.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by ayobase(m): 2:07pm On Aug 21, 2008
I believe we got snipers
but,not much of them!!
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by kalmebad(f): 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2008
@ some nairalanders

May be some of u dnt kwn that there is nothing impossible for God to do
If God has choosen to be for that woman at that minute, even 1 million snippers can not be against her
His miracles is not limited and not even at any point will it be, and considering also the fact that she was abducted in the Lord's house

So what nonsense do we speak off about when God choose to be who he is, what will anyone gain coming on nairaland to feed us with untrue jist, atleast Seun do not give award to any poster, May be we could probably say the poster is seeking for one, Well ur choice to bliv or not.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2008
kalmebad:

@ some nairalanders

May be some of u dnt kwn that there is nothing impossible for God to do
If God has choosen to be for that woman at that minute, even 1 million snippers can not be against her
His miracles is not limited and not even at any point will it be, and considering also the fact that she was abducted in the Lord's house

So what nonsense do we speak off about when God choose to be who he is, what will anyone gain coming on nairaland to feed us with untrue jist, atleast Seun do not give award to any poster, May be we could probably say the poster is seeking for one, Well your choice to bliv or not.

Abeg, carry your backside to your night vigil.

Make sure you don't block the motorway with your holy ghost night.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by kalmebad(f): 1:05pm On Aug 25, 2008
Sagamite:

Abeg, carry your backside to your night vigil.

Make sure you don't block the motorway with your holy ghost night.

Were and kolomenta dats wat i think dey worry u. I no get word for person like u
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Chongaiman: 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2008
We may be cynical but should we ever fall into the hands of these evil men (God forbid), we would earnestly pray to be rescued by these same 'incompetent' SWAT and rescue teams. The Nig. Army Sch. of Infantry in Jaji offers both the Basic and Advanced Sniper Courses. These are not even included among its Special Warfare Courses such as Airborne, Tracker, Amphibious and Counter-terrorist. Moreover snipers are not needed in large numbers. A sniper properly positioned and camouflaged can considerably delay the advance of a section (10 men). In Liberia, President Johnson-Sirleaf is been guarded only by Nigerian troops out of the almost 50 contingents in UNMIL. Since she opted for this arrangement, it shows her opinion on the capability of Nigerian troops inspite of her personal reservations about some of our attitudes. If Nigeria is messed up, that means Nigerians - you and I - collectively made her so, either by commision or omission. We should rather be happy for the woman after the travails she's been through. If we couldn't help in her rescue, let us at least not add to her trauma (just like those kidnappers) with banal comments.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by jpphilips(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ biggjoe, goggoi, i dey vex, chongaiman.

i still have to reiterate that MINORS join us here on nairaland
how i wish i know their folks. i implore you to save yourselves your IQS and leave those ignoramus to rot.

i think what is generating this fuss is not basically the veracity of the story but this line;

[color=#990000][b]“I watched in horror as the policemen shot dead six of my captors in a rescue operation,” she said thanking God for sparing her life.
[/b][/color]
[b]she stated here that the rescue operation was carried out by policemen, the question now is how sure is she?
for crying out loud, her hubby is the secretary to the commander in chief of all the armed forces in the state so the Governor reserves the right to approve either the military,police or even NYSC if he so desires (though not without some approvals)

nevertheless, the lady in question, is she trying to make us believe that her rescuers were in police uniforms? which i am sure pragmatically it is impossible when you re carrying out such a covert operation.
how come she was able to identify them as one?
if she concurs with me then i will assume that it could be either the police or the military or both as a joint team.

For those of you that have made urselves tools of ignorance and not ashamed to show it to the world,

in a court session in your country, a sergent in the Nigerian Army confessed that he was picked as a killer for an EX president of your country after he (the ex president) watched him in a snipper's training session where his performance bedazzled the head of state.

i am sure that most of you have never been to either the Defence academy or even the police academy to know what is going on there before painting a calligraphy of your tabularased heads

sometime ago a united nation's article wrote and i quote

" though underfunded and lacking sophistication, the Nigerian infantry deserves some kudos, considering the fact that they register the least casualties in peace keeping operations regardless the terrain"

it might also interest you to note that some riot policemen are equally attached to these peacekeepers that the world is eulogizing.

personally i wouldn't believe the story simply because it was told in the church( afterall, Rev. King is cooling his head in an airconditioned SANKO).

but so far, i do not have the list impeccable reason to doubt the veracity of the story considering the strategy

but i know these politicians can fabricate fallacies to save face.
come to think of it, if people dont pay ransomes just like they claim, do you think kidnapping could have been this lucrative?

@ beebop

gender sensitivity and femminism aint attractive trust me.
The man has got plans and it worked
[/b]
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by skyranger: 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2008
Guys i tink it's dragging too long an issue,
and it's a bit hard to swallow, Nigerian armed forces don't have snippers' unit or trainned batalion.
the only know case or the best ever spoken of was Sgt Rogers and we all read about his target,
He missed undecided!
take it or leave it, if we have snippers, robbers would not be holding streets and cities captive for hours when all it takes to end their deadly miserable and tormenting lives is a good snipper from even 3km away, angry
I'm not disputing the fact that she was rescued, i just want her to leave the snipper part out of it, embarassed
Surely, we could have personel trained in the act of snipping, i strongly doubt if we have their tools in our armories accross all bonkers (we are talking about; high velocity caliber riffles attached to a personel with an attribute to sit tight for days w/o moving a muscle. just waiting for that killer view),
If the personel exist definitely not the tools,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Dialogue Until Nigeria Adopts Sharia Law - Boko Haram / NNPC Signs $1.5 Billion Contract For Rehabilitation Of PH Refinery / FG To Review Licences Of Discos, Gencos Over Poor Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.