Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora (27199 Views)

Poll: Should Nigerians abroad take this call seriously?

Yes: 30% (27 votes)
No: 70% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Kill PDP Before It Kills All Of Us, Buhari Charges Nigerians / 2015: Vote Out Incompetent Leaders, Kumuyi Charges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by seyibrown(f): 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2008
For the attention of LEPASHANDI

Fashola is not talking about those of them on this forum - those who flip burgers and sweep the streets - what do those ones want to contribute to Nigeria anyway? Nothing - because they are useless to the nation and to themselves - he is talking about professionals to come and tap into the good in Nigeria - not calling on one silly boy or girl out there in London to come back home when he/she gat nothing to contribute to the development of the country.

@Lepashandi

Not everyone has it as good as you. I bet if you were still one of those hundreds of thousands looking for a job after University in Nigeria, You wouldn't think or talk the way you do.

Most Nigerians in diaspora who complain about the situation in Nigeria would love to see the situation change, corruption basically and nothing, nothing at all works. Yes, all countries have their own problems, but it would be wonderful to see a group of leaders who want real change in Nigeria, who care about Nigeria. The problem is our leaders don't. They care about their pockets.

I, like many others in diaspora, am sure want to contribute to moving these country forward. The situation in Nigeria currently doesn't allow us to do something. I am still young and look forward to being able to make a difference in Nigeria when the time comes.

It riles me to hear you insult honest hardworking people. Would you rather they stayed back home and joined the bandwagon of corrupt politicians and office holders or stay back to encourage them.

LEPASHANDI, WITH YOUR MASTERS DEGREE IN EDINBURGH, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR NIGERIA SO FAR? WHAT DIFFERENCE HAVE YOU MADE IN THE LIVES OF THOSE AROUND YOU?(NOT YOUR IMMEDIATE FAMILY) CAN YOU GIVE ME A BRIEF HISTORY ABOUT YOUR FAMILY? I AM ALSO VERY INTERESTED IN HOW YOU FUNDED YOU EDINBURGH MASTERS DEGREE.
CAN YOU SAY THAT YOU & YOUR FAMILY HAVE NOT CONTRIBUTED NEGATIVELY TO NIGERIA?

Can you please also forward the pics on this link to your Gov? : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96244.0.html Can you please explain to me, why in the midst of plenty, why those kids are in that place? Did you attend such schools, do your kids?

I will really appreciate very honest answers.

cc: dedeyuim@yahoo.co.uk (just to ensure you get this post)
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2008
Actually i don't live in London, and i make way more than you are trying to lie about. And i know alot of Nigerians who make less than that living in Nigeria.

anoda unnecesary alarm.

So i guess you are Americaphobic since you don't want live there abi?

no am not scared of living in america ,its u who is scared of even visiting ur country, duurr.

And please quote me anywhere that i said that i told my teenagers this?

I never said u told anyone this, but i know if u had to tell them bout ur country u would probably tellem a story that would make naija appear spookier than translyvania.

these kids aint my biological kids but the kids i volunteer my time to look after and take care of.

Good, then think of how many kids in nigeria u could voluteer to help become better people if u went back home.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2008
So the kids she already volunteers with are worthless since they are not kids in Nigeria? This is really strange, man!! I can not believe this!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2008
obojunkie  

Here are a list of your insults: Please don't go editing your posts.

Are we sure the UK and Chicago police is to blame for this or are you just painting the whole force BLACK so you can justify your living in your MIND MADE prison?

YES, YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!

Seems more like an AGBERO with access to computer and internet!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 5:59pm On Aug 22, 2008
So the kids she already volunteers with are worthless since they are not kids in Nigeria?

You and I know thats not what he's implying.

As I've stated previously, always looking for trouble.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2008
Is the question too hard to answer HONESTLY?

How will where I am help you in anyway. grin grin grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2008
So the kids she already volunteers with are worthless since they are not kids in Nigeria? This is really strange, man!!  I can not believe this!!

every kid is useful, there are other people there who can help, wat am saying is dat its beta she brings her obodo experience here and teach niaja teens that the can also make dem country better and also tell them the truth that life out there is not all rosie.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

So the kids she already volunteers with are worthless since they are not kids in Nigeria? This is really strange, man!!  I can not believe this!!
I was about to ask this same question. . .

idupaul:

another unnecesary alarm.
So i am lying now? So everyone makes more than this? PLEASE!!!!

idupaul:

no am not scared of living in america ,its u who is scared of even visiting your country,  duurr.
Baby boy please, dont try and duh me. . . . please go and quote me where i said that i was scared of visiting my own country? You know why you can't, because i didn't.

idupaul:

I never said u told anyone this, but i know if u had to tell them bout your country u would probably tellem a story that would make naija appear spookier than translyvania.
If i had to tell anybody about Nigeria, i will not deceive them with only the good, i will also tell them the bad.

idupaul:

Good, then think of how many kids in nigeria u could voluteer to help become better people if u went back home.
So i guess the kids i have now are not as deserving as the ones in Nigeria?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 6:02pm On Aug 22, 2008
kobojunkie why are you acting like an illiterate ? did i say those folks never existed ? they do. they are the miniscule lucky minority. alot of nigerians got lucky during the IT boom of the early 2000 2001 2002 etc till IT got kinda saturated and outsourced to india. still folks in it but not like b4. now if u were smart when you made ya IT money and invested it wisely like one of my friends who bought a pharmacy store and he now owns it, then you are made. ok but those folks are in the minority. take the train or bus to the city in the mornings and most of the city workers are white. take the train in the wee hours of the morning and evening when the city dwellers are going home or still in bed and majority of the people on are black nigerians. going to their security and cleaning work
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:03pm On Aug 22, 2008
buzugee:

onyinye you do not know what you are talking about. i lived in england for 10 years. 99 percent of nigerians in england don't own cars. they take the tube and bus. and that 300 pounds a week was a generous figure because i know alot earn about 7 pounds an hour. trust me nobody can tell me about london. that is my stomping ground. i am london. this is not no third party info. i lived it and saw thousands like me who lived it.
So cos theya re earning 7 Pounds an hour, what has that got to do with the fact that, nigeria is not secured and is a messy environment for anyone to live in, i was in nigeria some years ago, and i was shocked tos ee how the cops were treating the drivers, they told one bus driver to be jumping up like a frog, common, that is nonesensical, remember that is someone's father.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2008
buzugee:

kobojunkie why are you acting like an illiterate ? did i say those folks never existed ? they do. they are the miniscule lucky minority. alot of nigerians got lucky during the IT boom of the early 2000 2001 2002 etc till IT got kind of saturated and outsourced to india. still folks in it but not like before. now if u were smart when you made ya IT money and invested it wisely like one of my friends who bought a pharmacy store and he now owns it, then you are made. ok but those folks are in the minority. take the train or bus to the city in the mornings and most of the city workers are white. take the train in the wee hours of the morning and evening when the city dwellers are going home or still in bed and majority of the people on are black nigerians. going to their security and cleaning work
So what about the Nigerians who have to take the bus to work? What about those who walk or catch rides? You say you are LONDON, but i don't believe it.

buzugee:

onyinye you do not know what you are talking about. i lived in england for 10 years. 99 percent of nigerians in england don't own cars. they take the tube and bus. and that 300 pounds a week was a generous figure because i know alot earn about 7 pounds an hour. trust me nobody can tell me about london. that is my stomping ground. i am london. this is not no third party info. i lived it and saw thousands like me who lived it.
I don't know what i am talking about eh? PLEASE you aint got nothing on me. If you think London is hard, come to the States and you will shed real tears. They will show you the meaning of BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

every kid is useful, there are other people there who can help, what am saying is that its beta she brings her obodo experience here and teach niaja teens that the can also make them country better and also tell them the truth that life out there is not all rosie.

but dude, she is already using her experience to help KIDS. If you really believe EVERY KID IS USEFUL, why do you think it is BETTER for her to bring her experience to Nigeria to teach TEENS in NIGERIA rather than continue to teach the KIDS she is dealing with NOW? You are invariably saying that her helping the current KIDS is nothing. However, if she leaves those kids and comes over to Nigeria to help Nigerian kids, then she is BETTER OFF. Basically Your claim that all KIDS are USEFUL does not seem to mean all KIDS are KIDS ( according to your statement there, some score you higher points than others).
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by tpia: 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2008
seyibrown:

Fashola is not talking about those of them on this forum - those who flip burgers and sweep the streets - what do those ones want to contribute to Nigeria anyway? Nothing - because they are useless to the nation and to themselves - he is talking about professionals to come and tap into the good in Nigeria - not calling on one silly boy or girl out there in London to come back home when he/she gat nothing to contribute to the development of the country.

I agree with you here.

seyibrown:

Can you please also forward the pics on this link to your Gov? : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96244.0.html Can you please explain to me, why in the midst of plenty, why those kids are in that place? Did you attend such schools, do your kids?
I will really appreciate very honest answers.

cc: dedeyuim@yahoo.co.uk (just to ensure you get this post)

I'm glad you asked the bolded.

Nigerians are among the most spoilt and whiniest set of people I have ever met.

Please go through the following link and tell me why people must always complain about govt inaction when their own two hands are not paralyzed. Is it because its simply easier to sit on our lazy behinds and wait to be spoonfed rather than showing some initiative as a people?

Habitat for Humanity was founded by ONE man, who didnt wait for the govt before using the little he had, to help others. Today Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit organization which continues building houses for the underpriviledged. A number of Nigerians abroad are also benefitting from this program oh. undecided

HABITAT FOR HUMANITY

The History of Habitat

http://www.habitat.org/how/historytext.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_for_Humanity

Since its founding in 1976 by Millard and Linda Fuller, Habitat for Humanity International has built and rehabilitated more than 250,000 houses with families in need, becoming a true world leader in addressing the issues of poverty housing

From Habitat for Humanity website:

If your family, or a family you know, is in need of decent, affordable housing, please contact the Habitat for Humanity affiliate serving your area.

On the link you posted, everyone is there running mouth over pictures of neglected schools. AS USUAL, kobojunkie was one of the loudest mouths. Why is no one there ready to do something about that school since they have seen the photos?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2008
@ buzugee

I'm sure thats not funny but L O L
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 6:08pm On Aug 22, 2008
Baby boy please, don't try and duh me. . . . please go and quote me where i said that i was scared of visiting my own country? You know why you can't, because i didn't.

Onyinye u must nt state in black and white , we all know hw much the tot of ur country scares u.

If i had to tell anybody about Nigeria, i will not deceive them with only the good, i will also tell them the bad.

Good since u claim to be fair in ur pronouncements pls can u tell this forum bout the bad side of ur stay abroad.pls
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2008
@kobojunkie

the way u twist things shows hw dangerous u are, i fear u ooo.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2008
buzugee:

kobojunkie why are you acting like an illiterate ? did i say those folks never existed ? they do. they are the miniscule lucky minority.

They are the miniscule minority?? LMAO!!! I love the way you claim majority of Nigerians in the UK are whiners like you are just cause you deem it that way. Do you have any proof of this statement? I have at least 15 Nigerian friends( These are people who do not know each other) in the UK and not a single one of them makes less than $25 pounds an hour. You sure you live in the same London? Cause I would expect you all get the same treatment since you are all Nigerians.

buzugee:

alot of nigerians got lucky during the IT boom of the early 2000 2001 2002 etc till IT got kind of saturated and outsourced to india. still folks in it but not like before. now if u were smart when you made ya IT money and invested it wisely like one of my friends who bought a pharmacy store and he now owns it, then you are made.

So the fact that I know at least 5 Nigerians in London who happen to be in IT and doing well but where not even in the field as far back as 2002 means? Come on dude… try another spin!!!

buzugee:

ok but those folks are in the minority. take the train or bus to the city in the mornings and most of the city workers are white. take the train in the wee hours of the morning and evening when the city dwellers are going home or still in bed and majority of the people on are black nigerians. going to their security and cleaning work

ROFLMAO!!! I love the way people like you whine that it is all set up against you when there are many out there who are from the same country and doing really well for themselves in the same SMALL London. lol
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2008
Madamkoko, lemme now tell you, for anyone to be to afford the tuition and even the plane ticket to abroad, that aint no poor kid, a ppor kid is one that will have to pass on lunch, cos he wanna eat dinner, a poor kid is one that the mother will pretend to be cooking, meanwhile, it was just stone on da stone, so the kid will fall asleep with the hope that food will be ready soon, so please, such kid dont have the kinda opportunity you were talking about.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

Onyinye u must nt state in black and white , we all know hw much the tot of your country scares u.
Who is "we"? We includes who? Who said i was scared?

idupaul:

Good since u claim to be fair in your pronouncements please can u tell this forum bout the bad side of your stay abroad.please
I have lived in the good and the bad. I have lived in an area infested with gangs and racist police. And i have lived in place you only see on t.v.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

@kobojunkie

the way u twist things shows hw dangerous u are, i fear u ooo.

But IduPaul, the woman already VOLUNTEERS somewhere else. Don't you think maybe this is where God wants her to be and actually THE BEST place for her to be? Must the CHILDREN BE BLACK OR NIGERIAN for it to be BETA in your eyes? Do you catch my drift now? See, I have always had a problem with this mindset that it has to be done THIS WAY OR ELSE IT IS NOT RIGHT, and I have to confess, this is what I see you doing here. She tells you that she is already VOLUNTEERING but NOOOO,  you take it on yourself to SCORE her work and tell her She would score BETA points if she were DOING the same in Nigeria, regardless of what her God actually deems best for her.

( WRITING THIS, ASSUMING YOU ARE A SPIRITUAL PERSON)
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2008
I have lived in the good and the bad. I have lived in an area infested with gangs and racist police. And i have lived in place you only see on t.v.

no we are getting some where. now tell us hw much u end up having as savings annually, pls just give an estimate.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2008
Now tell me: you want to be believe that poor people's children have not made it to Jand ? abeg jare go sit down.

There are many of them in community colleges, working three, four jobs to make ends meet.

Not everyone in Jand comes from a "rich" or middle class Nigerian family. Many POOR people's children also come abroad.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2008

L O L
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 6:19pm On Aug 22, 2008
This thread is getting funnier and funnier. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2008
madamkoko:

Now tell me: you want to be believe that poor people's children have not made it to Jand ? abeg jare go sit down.

There are many of them in community colleges, working three, four jobs to make ends meet.

Not everyone in Jand comes from a "rich" or middle class Nigerian family. Many POOR people's children also come abroad.

those ones that made it to jand are the ones that struggles for prob the rest of the lives, cos they are sponsored by the community, and that means he has to train everyone in their community, all on his lil chicken wages.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2008
Must the CHILDREN BE BLACK OR NIGERIAN for it to be BETA in your eyes? Do you catch my drift now?

No i don't catch ur drift. if she doesn't do it who will come and do it for her, only nigerians can solve nigerian problems. come to think of it hw many japanese voluteers do u see in nasija helping naija kids. let her go home and join in rebuilding we nation abeg.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Who is "we"? We includes who? Who said i was scared?

Living in those kinda areas is not same as seeing a rough time.
trust me, bad area in America is nothing compared to a nice place in Nigeria, now things has changed a lil and thanks to VGC and other nice areas, you cant even stay out late in ikeja.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2008
those ones that made it to jand are the ones that struggles for prob the rest of the lives,

Thanks for acknowledging the truth. Now we've reached a consensus.  But not all struggle for the rest of thier lives: at least the smart ones get a nursing degree and are able to make ends meet to bring other people here/or support thier family back hom.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

no we are getting some where. now tell us hw much u end up having as savings annually, please just give an estimate.

What has her annual Savings to do with anything? You mean if you live in Nigeria you have HUGE annual savings? isn't that question too personal?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

No i don't catch your drift. if she doesn't do it who will come and do it for her, only nigerians can solve nigerian problems. come to think of it hw many japanese voluteers do u see in nasija helping naija kids. let her go home and join in rebuilding we nation abeg.

Hhhhmmm, So if she does not LEAVE THE KIDS she is already helping( basically dump them and deem them not worthy) and move out to Nigeria to help the Nigerian kids instead, Nobody else will do it? What are the millions of nigerians in nigeria? LEPERS?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2008
I agree thats a bit personal but pls let her decide if she'll share such info.

Mr Kobojunkie never out of words.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

no we are getting some where. now tell us hw much u end up having as savings annually,  please just give an estimate.
Oka mind you that i am still in school. And why do you need to know anyways. . . .

idupaul:

No i don't catch your drift. if she doesn't do it who will come and do it for her, only nigerians can solve nigerian problems. come to think of it hw many japanese voluteers do u see in nasija helping naija kids. let her go home and join in rebuilding we nation abeg.
You see first of all Mr. Paul. I have done things to help Nigeria. I have helped my father spread the word so that he can raise funds for the hospital that he rebuilt. I have sent basic necessities to kids in Sierra Leone.

$$Rhino:

Living in those kind of areas is not same as seeing a rough time.
trust me, bad area in America is nothing compared to a nice place in Nigeria, now things has changed a little and thanks to VGC and other nice areas, you can't even stay out late in ikeja.
WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS!?! Pleas i dare you to survive living in an area that i use to live in, then come talk to me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal / Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election / Dele Momodu Celebrates 55th Birthday With Wife And Children (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.