Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,358 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora (27198 Views)

Poll: Should Nigerians abroad take this call seriously?

Yes: 30% (27 votes)
No: 70% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Kill PDP Before It Kills All Of Us, Buhari Charges Nigerians / 2015: Vote Out Incompetent Leaders, Kumuyi Charges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2008
Madamkoko, u are comedy personified!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2008
meaning ?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 11:23pm On Aug 21, 2008
idupaul:

better to be served in hell (naija) than to serve in heaven(obodo oyibo)
You said it not me.

ebariba:

Madamkoko, u are comedy personified!
I know isn't she the funniest person you ever met? grin Instead of answering a question she will call you "slowpoke", dodge the question, or change/twist the subject.  grin grin She is so wise. grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2008
better to be served in hell (naija) than to serve in heaven(obodo oyibo)

twas for those of u that think naija is hell fire.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 11:27pm On Aug 21, 2008
idupaul:

twas for those of u that think naija is hell fire.
Biko, please go and quote me where any one said that "naija is hell fire". Go and do it.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 11:27pm On Aug 21, 2008
1. Trying to appreciate what u mean by big grammar.

2. Bro Fashola's kids are in the developed countries studying so that they can come back to become Governors, but I should come back and put my children in state or federal universities where ASUU strikes is the order of the day. Why? Because I want to develop Nigeria.

Isn't that funny?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 11:29pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ onyinye2

I know isn't she the funniest person you ever met?  Instead of answering a question she will call you "slowpoke", dodge the question, or change/twist the subject.    She is so wise.

Which one of your questions have I not answered. Look slowpoke go back and read my posts and examine how meaningful they might add to the little knowledge you claim to have.

In fact, KNOW TODAY, THAT NIGERIAN DOESN'T NEED YOU. It will progress without you.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 11:31pm On Aug 21, 2008
Bro Fashola's kids are in the developed countries studying so that they can come back to become Governors, but I should come back and put my children in state or federal universities where ASUU strikes is the order of the day. Why? Because I want to develop Nigeria.

do u think ur kids will come back one day to be governor, no way man, Fashola stayed at home and sent his kidsn abroad, go home and send ur kids abroad to school that way when election come they can considered.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 11:32pm On Aug 21, 2008
Bro Fashola's kids are in the developed countries studying so that they can come back to become Governors, but I should come back and put my children in state or federal universities where ASUU strikes is the order of the day. Why? Because I want to develop Nigeria.

Statement makes sense.

But if u say ure abroad, why would your kids want to go to state or federal uni? I don't understand.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 11:33pm On Aug 21, 2008
Fashola is not talking about those of them on this forum - those who flip burgers and sweep the streets - what do those ones want to contribute to Nigeria anyway? Nothing - because they are useless to the nation and to themselves - he is talking about professionals to come and tap into the good in Nigeria - not calling on one silly boy or girl out there in London to come back home when he/she gat nothing to contribute to the development of the country.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 11:33pm On Aug 21, 2008
ebariba:

1. Trying to appreciate what u mean by big grammar.

2. Bro Fashola's kids are in the developed countries studying so that they can come back to become Governors, but I should come back and put my children in state or federal universities where ASUU strikes is the order of the day. Why? Because I want to develop Nigeria.

Isn't that funny?

Realy meaningless.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

@ onyinye2
Which one of your questions have I not answered. Look slowpoke go back and read my posts and examine how meaningful they might add to the littl eknowledge you have.
In fact, KNOW TODAY, THAT NIGERIAN DOESN'T NEED YOU. It will progress without you.
Ahhh madam did i strike a nerve? te he. Any ways, i don't know where you are getting at. You are just mad because i want to live here than go back and live in Nigeria. Don't i have the choice to live where i want? Anyways you can go around ranting and raging and raise hell fire but aint gonna change nothing. I want to know why is that you will allow someone to study aboard and come back? Why can't the stay in Nigeria and study?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 11:35pm On Aug 21, 2008
lepashandi:

Fashola is not talking about those of them on this forum - those who flip burgers and sweep the streets - what do those ones want to contribute to Nigeria anyway? Nothing - because they are useless to the nation and to themselves - he is talking about professionals to come and tap into the good in Nigeria - not calling on one silly boy or girl out there in London to come back home when he/she gat nothing to contribute to the development of the country.
shocked
watch ur words mam grin grin brutal
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 11:35pm On Aug 21, 2008
Ha ha!!! grin I see lepashandi you are dodging my question. That is understandable.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 11:36pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ onyinye2

Not everyone is dodging your question. The real question becomes will you comprehend what they've posted after they've spent time typin it
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 11:39pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ onyinye2 Yes, you struck a nerve. Nigeria needs every Nigerian to contribute to its development. (and that includes you)

You can contribute as an exec, worker, business owner, every one needs to do something to make the country go on to the next level.

But no one is willing to initiate this kind of change or "reorientation" as someone put it.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 11:41pm On Aug 21, 2008

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHE. LOL. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nice one!!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 11:42pm On Aug 21, 2008
You can contribute as an exec, worker, business owner, every one needs  to do something to make the country go on to the next level.

nice one , i doff my hat sha, but let the govt show some commitment that they are serious to turn things around then people will come home, if my mama soup sweet why i go chop anoda woman soup.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 11:42pm On Aug 21, 2008
Oyinye2

Silence is the best answer for a fool - and a slowpoke.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

@ onyinye2  Yes, you struck a nerve. Nigeria needs every Nigerian to contribute to its development. (and that includes you)
You can contribute as an exec, worker, business owner, every one needs  to do something to make the country go on to the next level.
But no one is willing to initiate this kind of change or "reorientation" as someone put it.
The way yal are going about it is not very convincing. Yal are over here pounding down on me for choosing to stay where i am. Don't i have that right? Of course i will visit, send money, help build churches, schools, hospitals, so on and so forth. But for you to tell me to give up my life here and all that i have sacrificed for, achieved, earned just like that is outrageous.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 11:45pm On Aug 21, 2008
lepashandi:

Oyinye2
Silence is the best answer for a fool - and a slowpoke.
Ha ha!! grin grin Ewu you are the fool. Ms claiming to graduate from European Universtity, can't even spell my name right. grin grin You are truly showing your intelligence now. I bet you got a degree in teaching right cheesy
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2008
I want to know why is that you will allow someone to study aboard and come back? Why can't the stay in Nigeria and study?

Studying abroad give our graduates a competitive edge. They can stay abreast of global information which can in turn help the country and the student.

Unis in Jand also encourage term abroads, I'm sure that you went on a term abroad session during your school year. (well those who could afford it went)
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 11:51pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

Studying abroad give our graduates a competitive edge. They can stay abreast of global information which can in turn help the country and the student.

Unis in Jand also encourage term abroads, I'm sure that you went on a term abroad session during your school year. (well those who could afford it went)
This is all i wanted answered. Oka let me say this. For me to live there will be difficult. For one thing im not used to the environment. I have lived aboard all my life that is a drastic change. I can visit and help out my country but for me to just pack up and leave is out of the question.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 11:54pm On Aug 21, 2008
Makes sense. From your comments, I knew that you
have lived aboard all your life that is a drastic change.

Its hard to live in Nigeria if you've been gone for toooo long.

I totally understand.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by siggers: 12:14am On Aug 22, 2008
There's a saying in america- NOT WHAT THE COUNTRY WOULD DO BUT RATHER WHAT YOU WOULD DO FOR THE COUNTRY- but i want to put it to Fashola that it can only happen where the country is doing much. Nigeria is improving gradually though but the people in positions of authority are not doing much. Nigerians are being denied their basic rights which are the provision of basic amenities such as good roads, uninterrupted power & water supply, good standard of living in general. All of these have to be sorted out first, at least these weak-minded politicians go over there and they see things for themselves. Their children even live and study over there, their wives and mistresses go there for shopping. So why is Fashola becoming an hypocrite all of a sudden because he knows all these things.

Nigeria needs to do better.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Ibomade2: 12:44am On Aug 22, 2008
It all has to do with commitment.

If people in the diaspora see development they will naturally come without being patronized.

When you are young it's ok to live in the west but as you grow older you tend to want to go back to where you are originally from.

Fashola abeg provide the basic social amenities then you brothers will show up.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 12:48am On Aug 22, 2008
i have lived in london and i currently live in chicago and i have to say it is an emotional prison. you dont ever feel free. police always harrasing you because of the color of your skin, you drive like an hour or so to look for parking everynight (chicago), you cannot just hang around after a certain time because it is kinda dangerous (dont wanna be trapped in a driveby. a ghanaian dude got killed just a half a mile from my house because he was caught in crossfire of gang warfare) lots of racism and feeling like you do not belong. its not easy ooooo so please let us air our dirty linen in public and not pretend like abroad is a bed of roses. in the past yr alone i have paid close to $1000 in unecessary useless tickets issued by police for bogus charges. i know its the same in naija but it is more disconcerting if it is being done because of the color of your skin. all in all i think an ideal situation for me will be to go to a black organised country like ghana to settle down. no point in glamorising the sinking ship called america, the land of no hope or future called england, or the country of chaos and confusion called nigeria. GHANA HIAAAAAAAAA I COMEEEEEEEEEEE cheesy
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Aug 22, 2008
ROFLMAO!!!! Funny!!! I have lived part time in the UK in the past and Chicago as well. Had very good experiences with the police all that while. Not a single issue. I live free and am doing great. Are we sure the UK and Chicago police is to blame for this or are you just painting the whole force BLACK so you can justify your living in your MIND MADE prison?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 22, 2008
return home to what to roast What about the millions of qualified graduates in Naija without jobs and an uncertain future due to a messed up country and u are talking about people returning home to the same uncertainty ? Gosh i dont even need to say more, He can kiss my black ass! As far as i am concerned, if u are not connected or u don't have plans / ability to start ur' company in Nigeria, stay put wherever u are, even if u are washing dishes, the fact is ur are still living a better life compared to people who dont even have jobs back home. Wash those dishes with pride and ur head up!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by tpia: 2:55am On Aug 22, 2008
abeg don't go home.

Someday I would like to set up a string of nursing homes overseas catering solely to (elderly) Nigerians. After all, I was reading about Korean nursing homes somewhere in the US, where all the residents are strictly Korean.

I'm serious oh. The nursing homes can even be grouped by tribe - that way people will feel more comfortable and eat the foods they're used to.

God willing sha. Its something I would like to do.

I dey una back- stay where you are.

Nobody should steal my idea oh. angry
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 4:13am On Aug 22, 2008
I AM Coming back to my God given country Nigeria, I am soooooo happy , YEeeeaa

@ topic
if they like they should come home, if they like they shudn't, that is their own loss. That means more ideas for me to contribute and more resources for me to enjoy in Nigeria, no more being a foreigner, no more being an immigrant, no more deceiving myself grin

I guess some people abraod are waiting for one "mighty hero" to come and miraculously improve Nigeria, ha ha ha, dreamers. Then i guess they would come home, but that is if Nigeria would allow them back in. cool

let me go and finish packing grin

@ madamkoko and lepashandi
don't waste ur breath any longer the future would tell, we can talk and talk but majority never listen, God knows the faithful ones who are ready to sacrifice anything to improve what He gave them (Nigeria).
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 22, 2008
yeah rite! i guarantee u Nigeria is a failed project! At least i know i wont see a better Nigeria in my life time if things and people still have the same ideology, our current state has become a way of life. I can bet my life on this! Kudos to those that are optimistic, wish i could still be optimistic like i once was, but Nigeria has gotten to a point of no revival, true story!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election / APC National Working Committee In Rivers State Ahead Of Rerun Election. PICS / "We Are The Ones Who Banish People", Igbokwe Replies IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.