Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,873 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic (3102 Views)

20 Crazy And Shocking Things Desperate Girls Do To Get Married! / Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands / Desperate Girls... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2008
It is seriously becoming an epidemic in the country, that girls/women who are looking for husbands go so far to impress men.I seriously think it is disgusting, even young ones(females) dress indecently, favour guys unnecessarily,e.t.c. just to get something. It is a pity that the womanhood is losing it's dignity. Pls nairalanders, do something to stop this mess!!!
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by ohisng(m): 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2008
Na wah,
well its not their fault! na societal pressure
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by lucidang(m): 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2008
societal values have changed greatly. people are no longer genuine. money should not hold greater value over good morals and until this is corrected, a great majority of the "nowadays ladies" will still tend towards the trend of "desperation".
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by vivaladiva(f): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2008
i say threat them mean to keep them keen
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by topup: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2008
The bigger problem is grooming. There is undercover grooming of young girls, I mean what explains having g-strings and thongs in the teen section of clothing stores, or having belly tops and tight mini skirts for ages 11 upwards. Why are we surprised when even models are being selected, a lot of the catwalk models are actually really young teenage girls, who are dolled up to look much more older.

We encourage women to look sexy in order to be accepted, boring or ordinary is barely tolerated, without a few snide comments about 'lack of fashion sense' or being frigid.

Media, depicts women very sexually, even sometimes the unintentional adverts do, for womens razors, underwear etc,

I don't like to nag, but yes I too have noticed this, though I didn't necessarily connect it with a genuine search for a husband. I would say most girls do it as a plea for attention from guys, maybe not husbands as such, because I thought you had to appear virginal to attract the serious type of guys who want you for more than just a one night stand. These girls are just aiming to look 'ripe' so they are more eligible.

1 Like

Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by whitelexi(m): 9:36am On Aug 25, 2008
Abeg free them, everyone has their lives - u dont have to slag them simply cos they're getting the attention they want.
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2008
Girls are becoming desperate because guys are perfecting the art of lying and cheating.
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by madamkoko: 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2008
Ujujoan:

Girls are becoming desperate because guys are perfecting the art of lying and cheating.

I won't call it desperation. The world is changing: the poison of globalization is at work.

Women are becoming smarter and are complelled to succumb to the obvious notion that men want sex therefore, they feel compelled to give men what they want at any cost.

We live in a world that people don't take marriage serious any longer. Sex and money is on everybody's mind
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by madamkoko: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2008
I have a friend whose 25 yrs old. According to so called Nigerian standards, she's "old" as least thats what her mom has told her. You're too old to be single.

Anyways, her mom supported her dating a married man just because he was wealthy and she is dating.

There are very few good men these days and this is accross board (not only applicable to Nigerians)
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by izeek(m): 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2008
my dears the term for that word is civilization.
we are being westernized.
cut and simple.
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by silknsilk(m): 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2008
it has been designed to be like this. Hold ur breathe more is still to come. till then, just chose to do what is right.
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by Tgirl4real(f): 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2008
orunta:

It is seriously becoming an epidemic in the country, that girls/women who are looking for husbands go so far to impress men.I seriously think it is disgusting, even young ones(females) dress indecently, favour guys unnecessarily,e.t.c. just to get something. It is a pity that the womanhood is losing it's dignity. Please nairalanders, do something to stop this mess!!!

I concur. It's a pity most don't see anything wrong with it. Sad, sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by madamkoko: 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2008
It is a pity that the womanhood is losing it's dignity.

Its a pity too that manhood has since lost its dignity, forcing women to keep up with men.

I think its a two way thing, the blame should not just be on women.
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by emmy4naira(m): 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2008
hey guys this topic seems interesting, anyway on my own part, we should just let the girls be they are just bringing out the nature in them.

so before we start to crucify them we should first know the fact that their psychological disposal to romance and most especially attention cant be compared to those of men. and u know quite alright that most times the guys are the ones to be blamed cos most times they make the damn girls look useless and they leave them at the mercy of the whatever and make them desperate

desperately yours
emmy
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by tope2000(f): 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2008
madamkoko:

Its a pity too that manhood has since lost its dignity, forcing women to keep up with men.

i concur
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by topup: 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2008
madamkoko:

I won't call it desperation. The world is changing: the poison of globalization is at work.

Women are becoming smarter and are complelled to succumb to the obvious notion that men want sex therefore, they feel compelled to give men what they want at any cost.

We live in a world that people don't take marriage serious any longer. Sex and money is on everybody's mind

I agree with this because, as a woman, I do feel the pressure to dress sexy, though I don't overdo it, it is not enough these days to dress in what you like, you have to compete with the girls who have it all out there, so this means opting for figure hugging clothes as compared to baggy jumpers and jogging bottoms.
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2008
madamkoko:

word!!
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by MrCrackles(m): 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2008
Desperation and moral decadence has taken over the mind of most ladies

But there are some who would still hold their own regardless of the situation!
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by xyoun: 4:42pm On Aug 26, 2008
madamkoko:

Its a pity too that [b]manhood has since lost its dignity, forcing women to keep up with men. [/b]

You must be CRAZY for saying dat,you little BITCH
Chicks are the ones becoming desparate because they know<REALITY>dat as soon as dey CROSS 30,they expires
dat is sad sad sad sad sad sad
because For men at 35 is still as freash as the MORNING DEW

i think dat this notion is very correct,dnt care uf you agree but the earlier you realise it the better.

GIRLS ARE MADE TO BE SERVANTS TO BOYS sorry i mean SLAVE

too bad
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2008
Desperate boys are already an epidemic.

1 Like

Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2008
xyoun:

You must be CRAZY for saying that,you little BITCH
Chicks are the ones becoming desparate because they know<REALITY>that as soon as dey CROSS 30,they expires
that is sad sad sad sad sad sad

i think that this notion is very correct,dnt care uf you agree but the earlier you realise it the better.

too bad

Oga, bad grammar plus . . . . .plus. . . .<what should I call those nonsensical words you typed up there?>, anywaz, you try sha.
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by tope2000(f): 4:53pm On Aug 26, 2008
xyoun:

You must be CRAZY for saying that,you little BITCH
Chicks are the ones becoming desparate because they know<REALITY>that as soon as dey CROSS 30,they expires
that is sad sad sad sad sad sad

i think that this notion is very correct,dnt care uf you agree but the earlier you realise it the better.

too bad

ok
i can see that you are angry, take am easy oooo
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by xyoung: 5:24pm On Aug 26, 2008
tope2000:

ok
i can see that you are angry, take am easy oooo

tope of a thing, indescrimate negative posting evrywhere,na waoooooooooooo
point of correction ,not angry jus talking d talk,u feel me.

@Ruby
ur reply also hav grammatic error n spelling error 4 ur information.
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh
confused fellons hovering on nairaland.

dis forum is nt for people of ur calibre,hu hav nothin 2 offer.

@ all, if i said anything wrong ,hit me back n i will PROOVE my point

Ruby u suck bit tym
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2008
xyoung:

@Ruby
your reply also hav grammatic error n spelling error 4 your information.
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh
confused fellons hovering on nairaland.

this forum is nt for people of your calibre,hu hav nothin 2 offer.
Actually, you're right. It does have one Net slang in it, which I suppose you counted as a grammatical error.
But honey, that's nothing new.
What I'll have you do, is edit/revise, not only your errors, but your attitude.
If you continue to think of women as bitches and slaves, am sorry to say, all hopes are lost for you.
Try to teach yourself what you were not taught while growing up, it is never [/b]too late.
Men of nowadays that try their best to behave like irrational, education deprived dogs aka "street boys", have bleak futures.
Am not trying to hate, but that's what this stranger has got to let you know.
Adios!

xyoung:

[b]Ruby u suck bit time

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by xyoung: 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2008
ALSO time for CHICKS to air their views tooooooooooooooooooo

Big PENIS,BROAD CHEST,HANDSOME FACE,TALL GUY,FAT GUYS

pls rank dem in order of PRIORITY.
which one is top of your list.

Wwwwwwhat bois can do,girls can do better
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by xyoung: 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Actually, you're right. It does have one Net slang in it, which I suppose you counted as a grammatical error.
But honey, that's nothing new.
What I'll have you do, is edit/revise, not only your errors, but your attitude.
If you continue to think of women as bitches and slaves, am sorry to say, all hopes are lost for you.
Try to teach yourself what you were not taught while growing up, it is never [/b]too late.
Men of nowadays that try their best to behave like irrational, education deprived dogs aka "street boys", have bleak futures.
Am not trying to hate, but that's what this stranger has got to let you know.
Adios!
Thank you.

[b]From what you are demonstrating,anybody will easily infer dat u are one those[b] FRUSTRATED and DEJECTED little WHORES
who dnt have a little bit of HOME UP BRINGING and HOME TRAINING

i dnt blame you,cos it is not your fault my young girl.i seriously Blame the GOVT for LETTING out CONVICTS and LUNATICTS like you PARADING the streets
My advice is that
YOU TRY TO WATCH YOUR BACK because U neva can Tell hu u are MESSING up with.[/b]
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by topup: 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2008
xyoung:

From what you are demonstrating,anybody will easily infer that u are one those[b] FRUSTRATED and DEJECTED little WHORES who dnt have a little bit of HOME UP BRINGING and HOME TRAINING

i dnt blame you,because it is not your fault my young girl.i seriously Blame the GOVT for LETTING out CONVICTS and LUNATICTS like you [/b]PARADING the streets
My advice is that
YOU TRY TO WATCH YOUR BACK because You never can Tell hu u are MESSING up with.

xyoung. I have never read so much venom from someone on this forum. I don't think you understand the magnitude of your words, there is a clear difference between a smart and cunning joke or tease and a direct insult.

I don't think calling anybody a bitch should be tolerated, except the very few instances when it is used in an obviously jokey manner.

I am disappointed that you are talking in such a manner to a person you don't even know, and I am also sure that not a lot of your 'fellow' men will want to have you as their spokesperson/representative because you have stooped to the level of insults, and the point is completely lost! sad
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by tope2000(f): 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2008
topup the girl get madness 4 head
leave am
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2008
tope2000:

topup the girl get madness 4 head
leave am
It's got to be more than that sad
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by topup: 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2008
I don't think the person, whoever it is, is even addressing the topic at hand, they've just gone off course because they read something they didn't like.

Poor Ruby! sad
Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2008
topup:

I don't think the person, whoever it is, is even addressing the topic at hand, they've just gone off course because they read something they didn't like.

Poor Ruby! sad

Re: Desperate Girls: Becoming An Epidemic by munky(m): 8:11am On Aug 27, 2008
@ Topup,
Keep up the good work.
some of us think because the internet in anonymous, then we can say whatever we like but its not fair.
We should learn to respect other people's opinion

Topup,
you replies are always spot on,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Living A Double Life Abroad / 10 Internet Perceptions On Nigerian Men / Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.