Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (60536 Views)

Muslims What Is JIZZYA? / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Abidebyme(m): 12:02am On Aug 11, 2007
As-salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah my esteemed brothers and sisters.
The sermon at yesterday's Jumat service revolved around repentance and its importance, and I totally agree that it's quite an exigent topic.
One cannot help but wonder why Niegrians are so religious, yet so unfaithful! Despite the proliferation of places of worship, Nigeria still reclines in the abyss of corruption and moral decadence.
The companions of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) perceived sin as a mountain dangling over their heads and hence, were very mindful of it, while today's muslims' perception of same is as a fly perching on one's nose which can easily be waved off with a passing of the hand.
We all have our weaknesses as humans, so we should strive to improve on our flaws and SINCERELY repent of our sins ASAP as no one knows when his/her time will be up.
May Allah continue to have mercy on us.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2007
Insert Quote
@oyb,

How was I pretending to be "new" here? I think this silly under-the-bridge exculpations you guys come up with is a bit weathered now. The one thing I offered was that we try to make sense in discussing issues - was that a "new" phenomenon to justle your comfort zone?

If you've got nothing important to say, simply pass on - no one's going to increase your house rent for keeping silent! Haa!

Quote from: oyb on August 09, 2007, 11:08 AM
fortunately(or maybe unfortunately), most of us are not as uncouth and sallow as your fellow 'evangelists'.running into threads to start fires

No vex. The fires were to keep you guys warm and agile. We're used to all the usual skating and perforated handgloves (so to speak) coming from your camp - and that's why I urged that we took our enquiries to another thread so you guys can be tucked in here neat and tidy! Wetin bad in that?

Quote from: oyb on August 09, 2007, 11:08 AM
anyway, keep coming back here,who knows, you just might find your way back to the right path. i admire your 'hardworking' thinking.

Thanks for the offer. It's just that the more I read from you guys, the further away from Mecca I travel. No offences, . . but as usual, the next thing is that someone would amicably quote Sura 109:6 (Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.)

Anyways, enjoy. . . and dress warm.

You are welcome
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 1:50pm On Aug 11, 2007
As-salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah my esteemed brothers and sisters.
The sermon at yesterday's Jumat service revolved around repentance and its importance, and I totally agree that it's quite an exigent topic.
One cannot help but wonder why Niegrians are so religious, yet so unfaithful! Despite the proliferation of places of worship, Nigeria still reclines in the abyss of corruption and moral decadence.
The companions of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) perceived sin as a mountain dangling over their heads and hence, were very mindful of it, while today's muslims' perception of same is as a fly perching on one's nose which can easily be waved off with a passing of the hand.
We all have our weaknesses as humans, so we should strive to improve on our flaws and SINCERELY repent of our sins ASAP as no one knows when his/her time will be up.

May Allah continue to have mercy on us.

May  Allah continue to guide and protect you.

Maa Salam.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2007
The topic of the jummah service I attended yesterday revolved around giving charity and helping those in need and also realizing that every material thing we have been endowed wih in this world does not actually belong to us humans, but to Allah.(S.W.T.).
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by pilgrim1(f): 12:03am On Aug 12, 2007
babs787:

You are welcome

I hear.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by MP007(m): 8:01am On Aug 12, 2007
new methods of suicide bombings , he only showed us onces, no repitition, may his soul rest with the 72 virgins grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2007
when will you guys stop ignoring Davidylan? undecided

he will be banned withg this new addy soon grin grin

@ topic

i was watching a lecture by sheikh Rahman and he was talking about muslims discriminating against ourselves sad
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2007
mukina2:

sharrap there! grin that is the only way muslims win a debate, stifle the opposition! Did you see me post here siince 2 days ago? shocked

mukina2:

@ topic

i was watching a lecture by sheikh Rahman and he was talking about muslims discriminating against ourselves sad

that's true, talk of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, Pakistan, Palestine. so many examples.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by pilgrim1(f): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2007
mukina2:

I don't think that was fair - mentioning him when he has been absent from this thread. Unless you guys miss him so dearly, then I can understand why the call to "stop ignoring" him. grin

Anyway, enjoy the afternoon.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2007
pilgrim.1:

I don't think that was fair - mentioning him when he has been absent from this thread. Unless you guys miss him so dearly, then I can understand why the call to "stop ignoring" him. grin

Anyway, enjoy the afternoon.

thank you o jare my dear, they just cant bring themselves to say it. without us their thread would have died long ago. grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Iman3(m): 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2007
My lessons continue grin Having learnt that Sura 4:34 proposes that one of the ways to end marital disputes is to symbolically tap the woman with a chewing stick,I want further education on other verses in the Koran grin

YUSUFALI:
Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will; but do some good act for your souls beforehand; and fear Allah. And know that ye are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), and give (these) good tidings to those who believe.
PICKTHAL: Your women are a tilth for you (to cultivate) so go to your tilth as ye will, and send (good deeds) before you for your souls, and fear Allah, and know that ye will (one day) meet Him. Give glad tidings to believers, (O Muhammad).
SHAKIR: Your wives are a tilth for you, so go into your tilth when you like, and do good beforehand for yourselves, and be careful (of your duty) to Allah, and know that you will meet Him, and give good news to the believers.

So what does the above mean.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2007
that's easy - women are an agricultural piece of land and men are supposed to approach them with hoes and cutlasses.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Iman3(m): 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2007
PTH:

that's easy - women are an agricultural piece of land and men are supposed to approach them with hoes and cutlasses.

You forget to mention handkerchief! grin I just love seeing them have to re-interprete their religion in the face of contemporary attitudes,especially with regards to gender equality. Having just witnessed the famous "4:34 dance",I would like to see another dance performed with "2:223". grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2007
I-man:

You forget to mention handkerchief! grin I just love seeing them have to re-interprete their religion in the face of contemporary attitudes,especially with regards to gender equality. Having just witnessed the famous "4:34 dance",I would like to see another dance performed with "2:223". grin

oh thanks for reminding me, i guess as men we have to till our land gently as with a handkerchief. cool
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Abidebyme(m): 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2007
@Babs787,
Aameen! May Allah continue to guide and protect us all. Jazakallahu Khayr!

@All Batch 'B' Corps Members in the house (if any),
Congratulations in advance on your upcoming P.O.P. May Allah strengthen you all and make it a stepping stone to leapfrog you to the realization of your dreams and aspirations. Barakallahu feehi.

Bi salaam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 2:52am On Aug 13, 2007
The last time I went for jumat which was last friday, there were this three students making so much noise in the mosque. It got to a certain stage where I had to knock water outta their coconut heads! psych.
Anyway, what these boys and many of us don't realize that the jumat is 2 rakats instead of 4 and the remaining 2 is actually the sermon. That is- 2 rakats + 2 rakats(which is represented by the sermon).
Allah has ordered us to always listen to the sermon and that's y there's always emphasis on coming early to the mosque. (there are rewards for the times you come into the mosque but i leave that topic for another day)
what pissed me off was that these fellas were talking about Uefa Champions League. One of them was reading an entertainment magazine too! I began to wonder why some people don't know how to do the right things at the right time. Infact you aren't meant to talk during the sermon because the iman will definitely read some verses of the qur'an. You are also not expected to talk about mundane things eg there was a time i tried browsing a newspaper at a mosque and I was reminded that it's totally wrong to do that because some of the comments, contents and images there may be anti-islamic. For example- d fashion page. We all know the kinda 'fashionable images' shown there
so, you don't side talk, gist, count tasbirs, sight see when the friday sermon is going on. May Allah make us better muslims.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 13, 2007
equally important,
we are supposed to be in the mosque for the duration of the sermon.too many of us will strolll in at the very end just when the prayer is about to start.

theres a series of rewards based on the time you come to the mosque for jumat.I can't remember it now, will post when I do.

we should also strive to be in the front row. if we but knew the rewards. . .
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by pilgrim1(f): 9:19am On Aug 13, 2007
'Preciate your musings, Mustay & oyb.

oyb:

we should also strive to be in the front row. if we but knew the rewards. . .

@oyb, I'm just wondering. . . if everyone strives to be in the front row, what would happen to those who don't get there but often find themselves behind everytime they strive? Not a serious point, though - just wondering about it.

Regards.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 13, 2007
most of us don't strive in the first place. there's a failproof way of being in the front row, which applies to all aspects of life. . . arrive early
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2007
pilgrim.1:

'Preciate your musings, Mustay & oyb.

@oyb, I'm just wondering. . . if everyone strives to be in the front row, what would happen to those who don't get there but often find themselves behind everytime they strive? Not a serious point, though - just wondering about it.

Regards.

wetin you find come here baby?You dey try no be small o.
I thought this thread is for moslems only
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Iman3(m): 10:32am On Aug 13, 2007
oyb:

most of us don't strive in the first place. there's a failproof way of being in the front row, which applies to all aspects of life. . . arrive early

If everyone strives to arrive early there would still be people who arrive early but don't get into the front row.How does being in the fronto row make your a better person?

The front row should be reserved for the elderly,physically impaired and those with hearing difficulties not for young men who happen to arrive early.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by pilgrim1(f): 11:44am On Aug 13, 2007
enitan2002:

wetin you find come here baby?You dey try no be small o.
I thought this thread is for moslems only

No vex. Dem no go let me remain jeje. . . and na wetin concern me na im carry me reach here! grin

- - - - -

I-man:

If everyone strives to arrive early there would still be people who arrive early but don't get into the front row.How does being in the fronto row make your a better person?

You've captured it well for me. (Anyway, oyb thanks for your sane response earlier - I 'preciate. smiley )

I-man:

The front row should be reserved for the elderly,physically impaired and those with hearing difficulties not for young men who happen to arrive early.

I was thinking the same thing as well (but you know - everyone to their persuasions). cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ mustay

talking of people having side discussions during Jumaat . reminded me of long ago,

when my cousins were whispering among demselves grin a long tasbir was used to shut them up grin grin grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2007
is salvation dependent on mundane things like coming early and keeping quiet in the mosque? What of babies and little children? Would allah dislike them because they babble in the mosque?
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Rawphyhat: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2007
salam alaykum
i really appreaciate the contributions of my fellow brothers and sisters on the site.May Allah increase ur knowledge.and dont relent as 'seeking of knowlegde is compulsory for all muslims from the cradle to grave".
May Allah(swt) give us the understanding of his knowledge.
Nuru And Ajia a job well done
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Iman3(m): 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2007
@Muki
Welcome back o!No be me dey post for una thread,na my friend wey dey log in with my username.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2007
hmmm . . I hear you grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2007
PTH:

is salvation dependent on mundane things like coming early and keeping quiet in the mosque? What of babies and little children? Would allah dislike them because they babble in the mosque?

david have you considered a side career as a comedian.
I can't stop laughing.

anyway,muki are babies allowed in the mosque?
Because whenever I see the pictures or clips,they only have men bowing.
I've never seen women and babies.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 11:10pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ babyosisi, my wife-to-be will enjoy a lifetime of laughing her butt off. grin that one na career too no?

allow my people here to continue decieving themselves. grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mendax: 5:03pm On Aug 14, 2007
i think we need to reactivate this link
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Dios(f): 5:05pm On Aug 14, 2007
@PTH, so I see you be talking sh#t about islam. Hmmmm and you get girly man syndrome when people talk about the kike. gay
And you're not funny, don't let babyosisi deceive you.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mendax: 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2007
@PTH, babyosisi
ladies and children are allowed in the mosque

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (32) (Reply)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.