Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (60544 Views)

Muslims What Is JIZZYA? / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2007
i learnt that ther si no God but Allah .and that Muhammad (saw) is his messenger kiss
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2007
You didn't learn that a long time ago abi
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2007
@ mustay cheesy

i learnt that ever since the day i was born . .but i feel good hearing it all the time cheesy cheesy

@ David
you are not a muslim plus no one asked for you to tell us what you learnt in Islam , go by the title! angry
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by AlRaheem(m): 2:59pm On Jun 11, 2007
Who iss not goin to hell. All soul- ikeep telling u go back to school. Look up Hell in the dictionary or look up Sheol. U Backward boy. Or r u desperate 4 answer join the mosque. you yourself is going if u understand what hell means. Ask a witness
@Topic only!!!
Islam Condems Suicide, Homosexuality, idol worshipin, all wrong=sins=no=Haram Sounds familiiar
Do u even know of the "Mosaic Law" The Best law ever. You won't get it if you don't keep up strictly w/life like the rest of us. Evil is cool to u. But who will remain standing, we shall see. Shame is a very valuable and essential tool to have in life
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by AlRaheem(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2007
Muki and like i love y'all so much!!!
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by muhsin(m): 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2007
I very much like this thread. Problem; I don't have much time to always write what I do learn in mosque or rather other majalis.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 4:31am On Jun 12, 2007
D 19 vs 71 'prologue' starts from verse 66 but because people like to be asinine, d atheist decided to pick only verse 71 which actually refers to non believers like him.
Muslims you can read your QUr'an for d part i stated but let me just quote verse 72 for DavidDliar(who really lives up to his name)

19 vs 72-"Then we shall save those who used to FEAR ALLAH and were dutiful to him. And we shall leave the wrongdoers(like davidDliar) therein humbled to their knees in Hell! "
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 4:32am On Jun 12, 2007
@ Muki what about what you said you were gonna post?
Where's belloti cos i hope nothing is wrong with him. And babs- after fa cup, i no hear am.
Anyway, I'll post some stuff later.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 4:35am On Jun 12, 2007
@ al hakeem and mushin please it'll be appreciated if you contribute CONSISTENTLY here. Whateva you think other muslims should know, not necessarily what you heard on jumat
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2007
Mustay i'll post it later today cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2007
@Mustay

Insert Quote
@ Muki what about what you said you were going to post?
Where's belloti because i hope nothing is wrong with him. A[b]nd babs- after fa cup, i no hear am.[/b]
Anyway, I'll post some stuff later.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Brother, I have been very busy but will be back very soon.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 8:10pm On Jun 23, 2007
Mustay  cheesy

This are Du'ahs for everyday use  cheesy

when you are putting on a Garment you say:

Alhamdu Lillahillazi Kasani Haza wa razaqanihi min ghari hawlim-minni wa la quw-watin
All praises be to Allah, Who has clothed me with this garment and has given it to me without my difficulty

When taking off a garment:

Bismillahi-lazi la ilaha illa huwa

In The Name Of Allah That there is no god except him

When  putting on a new garment

Alhamdu lillahi-lazi kasani ma uwari bihi 'aurati wa atajammalu gibi fi hayati
All praises be to Allah who has clothed me with that which i cover my body and with which i attain beauty in my life

When looking into  The Mirror.

Allahuma Anta hassanta Khaldi fa-hassin khuluqi

Oh Allah! You have made my physical shape beautiful, so beautiful, so beautify my character too

Before eating .

Bismillahi Wa ala barakatil-lahi

In The name of Allah and win the blessing of Allah.

When Forgetting To Read Bismillah and Only Remembered During The Act.

Bismillahi Awwalahu wa akhirahu

In The Name of Allah, From the beginning until the end

After Eating( most of us just say Alhamdulilahi)  grin

Alhamdu lillahi-lazi at' amana wa saqana wa ja'alana minal-muslimin.

All praises are due to Allah Who has provided us with food and drink and made Muslims.

After Taking Milk

Allahumma Barik Lana fihi wa Zidna minhu

Oh Allah! Bless us with it and increase it for us

When leaving Home

Bismillahi tawakkaltu alallah, la haula wala quwwata illa billah.

In the Name of Allah,I depend on Allah, there is no power and might except from Allah.

Upon reaching home

Tauban tauban lirabbina auban la yughadiru alaina huban

We before our Lord, surrender, surrender, for our Lord, we come back not leave a single sin

When Entering a vacant house.

As-salamu alaina wa ala ibadillahis salihina

May peace be upon us and on the righteous servants of Allah

Giving the Salam  

As-salamu alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Peace be upon you and Mercy of Allah and His blessings

Replying the Salam

Wa- alaikum as sa-lam wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

And Peace be upon you and the Mercy of Allah and His blessings.

How To Reply Non-Muslims If They Greet Muslims

As-salamu ala manit-taba' a huda

Peace be upon those who follows the right path

When bidding Good-bye to Anybody

Astaudi ul-laha dinaka wa amanataka wa Khawatima amalika

Unto Allah I commend thy faith, Thy trust and the consequence of thy work
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 11:15pm On Jun 23, 2007
Merci beaucoup. D garment one- I do 4get it sha
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 11:23pm On Jun 23, 2007
Mustay how am i sure you say any of them at all grin cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 12:32am On Jun 24, 2007
By investigating.
How many do you say?
I've read about d garment one before but i always forget it or remember after I've worn d cloth!
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 8:20am On Jun 24, 2007
Me? hmmmm " grin "

i'll tell you later cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 8:35am On Jun 24, 2007
Ha ha ha
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 8:37am On Jun 24, 2007
Mustay are you on im? buzz me now tongue

what are you laffing at grin i am still thinking .when am thru i'll let you know cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by MP007(m): 11:30am On Jun 24, 2007
learned that there are alternative ways of making bomb and that the western world must be destroyed,
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by muhsin(m): 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2007
Mustay:

@ al hakeem and mushin please it'll be appreciated if you contribute CONSISTENTLY here. Whateva you think other muslims should know, not necessarily what you heard on jumat

Mustay, wallahi so I wanna myself be seen in this forum. I very much like to freqeunt the Site, but I know you know how this life at times it is-- very difficult, too much engagement and problems of earning.

Anyway, thanks for the concern. Wish I'll a bit more add on my log-in to this Forum.

So help, guide and protect us Allah-amin.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2007
May Allah grant you the time to make contributions to the betterment of islam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 1:34pm On Jun 25, 2007
Muki i dint c u on d yim yesterday. You 4k up o
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by muhsin(m): 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2007
Mustay:

May Allah grant you the time to make contributions to the betterment of islam

Amin.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 2:19am On Jun 26, 2007
I'm reading a book now- ISLAM IN FOCUS and it takes a pragmatic look on islam in relation to d way one lives
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 16, 2007
Fellow Muslims,

Salam,

For Reflection:

There was a young man who went overseas to study for quite a long time. When he returned, he asked his parents to find him a religious scholar or any expert who could answer his 3 Questions. Finally, his parents were able to find a Muslim scholar.

Young man: Who are you? Can you answer my questions?

Scholar: I am one of Allah (SubHana Wa Ta`ala )'s slaves and Insha-Allah (God willing), I will be able to answer your questions.

Young man: Are you sure? A lot of Professors and experts were not able to answer my questions.

Scholar: I will try my best, with the help of Allah(SubHana Wa Ta`ala).

Young Man: I have 3 questions:

1. Does God exist? If so, show me His shape.

2. What is thaqdir (fate)?

3. If shaitan (Devil) was created from the fire, why at the end he will be thrown to hell that is also created from fire. It certainly will not hurt him at all, since Shaitan (Devil) and the hell were
created from fire. Did God not think of it this far?

Suddenly, the Scholar slapped the young man's face very hard.

Young Man (feeling pain): Why do you get angry at me?

Scholar: I am not angry. The slap is my answer to your three questions.

Young Man: I really don't understand.

Scholar: How do you feel after I slapped you?

Young Man: Of course, I felt the pain.

Scholar: So do you believe that pain exists?

Young Man: Yes.

Scholar: Show me the shape of the pain!

Young Man: I cannot.

Scholar: That is my first answer. All of us feel God's existence without being able to see His shape, Last night, did you dream that you will be slapped by me?

Young Man: No.

Scholar: Did you ever think that you will get a slap from me, today?

Young Man: No.

Scholar: That is takdir (fate) my second answer, My hand that I used to slap you, what is it created
from?

Young Man: It is created from flesh.

Scholar: How about your face, what is it created from?

Young Man: Flesh.

Scholar: How do you feel after I slapped you?

Young Man: In pain.

Scholar: Thats it. this is my third answer, Even though Shaitan (Devil) and also the hell were created from the fire, if Allah wants, insha-Allah (God willing), the hell will become a very painful place for Shaitan

Allah (swt) said:
"If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you." If you are not ashamed, pass this message on, only if you believe.

"Yes, I love Allah. Allah is my fountain of Life and My Savior. Allah keeps me going day & night. Without Allah, I am no one. But with Allah, I can do everything. Allah is my strength."

May Allah help us all to succeed, Ameen

We should not be disturbed by the rantings of the unbelievers. there is nothing new in the persistently recycled arguments they present. there is a veil on their hearts and they will never see the Truth unless Allah wills.

Salaam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2007
al hamdulillah
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mashaun(m): 7:57am On Jul 26, 2007
[b]Salam everybody, this is the right way a muslim people greet each other, just want to clear up some issues and negative sterotype that some of the people believe in muslim society, allowe me to do so, Islam is the complete submission and obedience to Allah (God).
The name Allah (God) in Islam never refers to Muhammad (pbuh), as many Christians may think; Allah is the personal name of God.

What do Muslims believe about Allah?

1. He is the one God, Who has no partner.
2. Nothing is like Him. He is the Creator, not created, nor a part of His creation.
3. He is All-Powerful, absolutely Just.
4. There is no other entity in the entire universe worthy of worship besides Him.
5. He is First, Last, and Everlasting; He was when nothing was, and will be when nothing else remains.
6. He is the All-Knowing, and All-Merciful,the Supreme, the Sovereign.
7. It is only He Who is capable of granting life to anything.
8. He sent His Messengers (peace be upon them) to guide all of mankind.
9. He sent Muhammad (pbuh) as the last Prophet and Messenger for all mankind.
10. His book is the Holy Qur'an, the only authentic revealed book in the world that has been kept without change.
11. Allah knows what is in our hearts.

These are some of the basic guidelines Muslims follow in their knowledge of God:

1. Eliminate any anthropomorphism (human qualities) from their conception of Allah. His attributes are not like human attributes,despite similar labels or appellations.
2. Have unwavering faith in exactly what Allah and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) described Allah to be, no more, no less.
3. Eradicate any hope or desire of learning or knowing the modality of His names and attributes.
4. Belief totally in all the names and attributes of Allah; one cannot believe in some and disbelieve the others.
5. One cannot accept the names of Allah without their associated attributes, i.e. one cannot say He is Al-Hayy - 'The Living' and then say that He is without life.
6. Similarity in names (or meanings) does not imply similarity in what is being described (referents). As a robotic arm differs from a human arm, so the "hand" of Allah is nothing like a human hand, His speech is nothing like human speech, etc.
7. Certain words are ambiguous or vague in their meanings, and thus may be susceptible to misinterpretation. Only those meanings that are in accordance with what is specified by Allah and His Prophet (pbuh) are acceptable.
Human Rights
Islam has been from its inception very concerned with issues of human rights. Privacy, freedom, dignity and equality are guaranteed in Islam. The holy Qur'an states clearly:

"There is no compulsion in religion."
And there are no reliable reports to confirm the old accusations that when the Muslim armies were expanding into Asia, Africa and Europe the people were put to the sword if they failed to convert to Islam. The best proof is that not only did the Christians, Jews, Zoroastrians and Hindus in those areas not perish or otherwise disappear, they actually flourished as protected minority communities, and many individuals rose to prominent positions in the arts, sciences, even in government.
The lives,property and privacy of all citizens in an Islamic state are considered sacred, whether or not the person is Muslim. Non-Muslims have freedom of worship and the practice of their religions, including their own family law and religious courts. They are obliged to pay a different tax (Jizyah) instead of the Zakah, and the state is obligated to provide both protection and government services. Before the modern era it was extremely rare to find a state or government anywhere in the world that was as solicitous of its minorities and their civil rights as the Islamic states.

In no other religion did women receive such a degree of legal and moral equality and personal respect. Moreover, racism and tribalism are incompatible with Islam, for the Qur'an speaks of human equality in the following terms:

"Mankind! We created you from a single soul, male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may come to know one another. Truly, the most honored of you in God's sight is the greatest of you in piety."

Allah Is My Lord , Islam Is My Life , Quran Is My Way , The Prophet Is My Guide And Jannah Is My Goal,

I wish i had helped you all with some info's, [/b] [color=#006600]
[/color][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
JAZAKUM LAHU KHAIRAN[size=16pt][/size]
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by zaksman(m): 9:02am On Jul 26, 2007
ALHAMDULILLAHI. my special thanks goes to nairaland 4 creating thiis avenue 4 pple to clear smtings for the ignorants. i thank fellow muslims
brothers and sisters for using this avenue 2 enlighten those who are misconceiving islam to b smtin else out ignorace and malice.
those of u who now understnd wat islam is abt,i wl advice u to accept in gud faith.its a religion for peace. dig into islamic history and at the end of the day,u wl out its all abt peace.
Muslims brothers pls i admonish u to continue wt the gud work
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 9:42am On Jul 26, 2007
ALLAH GIVES PROVISION ACCORDING 2 WHAT IS IN  D BEST NTREST OF MAN, 4 HE KNOWS BEST!

HE MAKES RICH THOSE WHO ARE DESTINED 2 BE RICH AND HE MAKES POOR THOSEWHO ARE DESTINED TO BE POOR.

NOBODY WANTS 2 BE D POOR RELATIVE, SO WE PRAY DAIL 4 GOOD IN THIS LIFE AND HEREAFTER. WE PRAY 4 HALAL PROVISION.

BUT, SOME RICH AND MANY OTHERS POO.

MAN THEN ASKS N HIS LILMITED KNOLEDGE, 'Y CAN'T GOD ANSWER ALL MAN'S PRAYERS AND MAKE THEM RICH. . .ETC'

D TRUTH IS THAT NOT E'ONE KOWS WHAT IS BEST 4 THEM, 4 D VALUES IN THIS LIFE ARE CRIOUSLY DISTORTED.

DO WE REALLY KNOW WHAT IS GOOD 4 US? IDON'T THINK WE DO. WE SHOULD THERE4STRIVE A LITTLE AND PRAY THAT ALLAH SHOULD DO WHAT HE KNOWS IS BEST 4 US. 4 HE HASSUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE F OUR NEEDS AND OUTCOME OF OUR DEEDS.

[size=13pt]source-living in d light of ALLAH[/size]
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by AbdulWasiu(m): 10:30am On Jul 26, 2007
Salam alaikum,

This is really a very enlightening thread.

May Allah make firm our feet on the path of Al-Islam.

And may HE not deny us the greatest abode of AlJanna.

Lets keep up the good work brohers and sisters in Islam.

Allah will reward us all abundantly.

Jazaks.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by spaceworld: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2007
Seun,
Finanaly u have don what i needed from you may Allah be with u that for the thread

To my fellow brothers and sister may Allah increase you in wisdom and understandings, and fortify you with more knowledge

Jazakun
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by clemcykul(f): 12:44pm On Jul 26, 2007
well i learnt that the shiite and sunni muslims are killling themselvels all over the world instead of the kafiris. the imam urged us to surport jihad with our means and resource. Jesus is lord said the imam and the holy BIBLE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.