Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,741 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised (12484 Views)

Jonathan’s Ex-cso Hospitalised, Discharged / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Romans(m): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2008
Lesser hajj or Saudi Arabian hospital, i feel there is a lot that we don't know and need to know about our president. The Lesser Hajj, was it not in his program of events, why did the rumour of hospital come out before this story of lesser hajj. Am only taking the gist wit a pinch of salt.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Aussie(m): 11:49am On Aug 28, 2008
Umoru! Umoru !! Umoruu ooooooooooo

How many times did i call you?

Nairalander say you are dead, are you dead?? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by mogentle(m): 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2008
Some Homo sapiens(human beings ) are callous.
@Aussie, You are On Your Own

I know that is a transfered aggression.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Kobojunkie: 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2008
Transferred agression? Where do all these mostly self-made Psychiatrists come from? ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by weebee(f): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2008
Let's remember that the president is a human being just like you and I, wishing him dead is quite going to an extreme and that is inhuman what if he is one of your relatives would you have wished him dead? He has a wife and children who are looking up to him and would give everthing to have him around for a very long time despite his ill health.

Let's simply pray for his speedy recovery instead of passing death sentence on the poor guy, remember e fit be you o!
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Kobojunkie: 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2008
weebee:

Let's remember that the president is a human being just like you and I, wishing him dead is quite going to an extreme and that is inhuman what if he is one of your relatives would you have wished him dead? He has a wife and children who are looking up to him and would give everthing to have him around for a very long time despite his ill health.

Let's simply pray for his speedy recovery instead of passing death sentence on the poor guy, remember e fit be you o!

Wishing him SPEEDY recovery so what happens next? What about the lives of the many poor people in Nigeria suffering from the same sickness as he is? Should we also pray for those ones who can not afford the same level of care the president seems to afford himself? I mean is God the one to fix it all for us when we have a president who is supposed to CARE since he is afflicted with the same?  We might as well hold vigil in here daily for the millions in Nigeria who are suffering today and have no access to good hospitals with professionals that can at least diagnose their problem, let alone help them understand how severe the case is.

I don't know why I should be wishing a man who spent 8 years as a governor, dealing with this same ailment but never understanding that building a world class health care center in his own state would be a good way to go, so he can in his sickness, help others at the same time. It does not compute. I am not wishing him evil but I am sure not having sleepless nights here.

I wonder if you also prayed for Abacha to rise from the dead back when we heard he died. Since it is the same God that raises people from dead. grin
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by youngies(m): 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2008
Preach on, Kobo

The man is sick, he has all the Nigerian resources at his disposal to travel to end of the world to get medical help. Why again do we need to pray for him? Our prayers should be directed to millions of other people who have similar or even less problems, but do not have the resources to deal with their problems, and even when they have, they rarely find a functional health care facility to take care of them. They are the ones that need our sympathy and prayers.

Yar'adua's 12 old son (Musa) will lack nothing if (God forbid) his father passes on, he apperently has enjoyed in his little 12 years existence on earth what most 50 year old in Nigeria had never enjoyed all their lives.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by papadims: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2008
youngies:

Preach on, Kobo

The man is sick, he has all the Nigerian resources at his disposal to travel to end of the world to get medical help. Why again do we need to pray for him? Our prayers should be directed to millions of other people who have similar or even less problems, but do not have the resources to deal with their problems, and even when they have, they rarely find a functional health care facility to take care of them. They are the ones that need our sympathy and prayers.

Yar'adua's 12 old son (Musa) will lack nothing if (God forbid) his father passes on, he apperently has enjoyed in his little 12 years existence on earth what most 50 year old in Nigeria had never enjoyed all their lives.
i just cnt comprehend with wat som of you are saying, a man who is your presido is very sick and all you can say is this, i pray that your FATHER or anyone close to you is in this same condition.
change your attittude and it shall be well with you
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by McKren(m): 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2008
If my mother cooks a meal that even she finds too poisonous to eat, I don't think I will find it funny.

So too am I not suprised that Nigerians are not finding it funny that the President goes abroad for health treatment when the rest of the country is exposed to despicable healthcare system. Yaradua was Governor of Katsina for 8years, I don't know why there is no credible hospital in Katsina.

And may be Kobojunkie is right, maybe some prayers are better off directed to the helpless people who need it as the only solution.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by youngies(m): 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2008
@papa_dims

Don't burst a nerve, you are just being sentimental about the whole issue. My point is that I feel that the ordinary masses need my prayer more than the President.

Meanwhile, I wish your father, mother, sisters and everybody in your community what you wished me  tongue
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by kristiedav: 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2008
I SUGGEST THAT THESE OLD ONES SHOULD GO AND REST AND LET VIBRANT, ENERGERTIC, AND HEALTHY YOUNGSTERS LIKE ME TAKE OVER THE LEADERSHIP AND AFFAIRS OF THIS COUNTRY YOU KNOW, , YOUNGSTERS COULD DO BETTER.

ANYHOW SHAY MR. PRESIDENT: I WISH YOU QUICK RECOVERY
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by FifiO(f): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2008
Goodluck's star and destiny of becoming the n0 1 citizen of nigeria is fast approaching.

remember from local government chairman to deputy governor to governo to vice president to, , who knows?  
Guy, I feel you. Infact, I'm considering a change of name.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by realcele: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2008
Nigeria is a great country with mad genes in which this man is number one funny candidate. Can you imagine president flying out for treatment, i
wish he had slip over in the plane. When will our leaders learn, Abacha died while he slumped, simple promlem that good immediate medical attention can arrest, Adedibu died trying to get visa for medical treatment e.t.c . Are all these rich men mad or what can't they start doing something to the industries in nigeria, bring back basic ammenities, trained tallented doctors and provide them with equipment, water to wash hand after surgery and good electricity etc . Imagine if every goverment is like Nigeria goverment where will these funny men run to for health and second life (living with the life support machine) chances. I can only wish!!!

Best of luck, just in case you make it start doing something to improve the medical condition of Nigeria then you dont need to be travelling around and your rich folks.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by darznets(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2008
I will never wish Mr. President dead.
But the question we should ask ourselves is this; The man acknowledged himself that he's got the ailment long ago. Why didnt he build and equip a hospital to take care of such ailment in his 8 year rule of his state?[/i] so that not only himself but other thousands of Nigerian in the same predicament can get treatment. Is it because he can afford to travel out?[i]
What about the ordinary folks out there that cant afford the common "general hospital"?
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2008
I really dont like the idea of wishing people dead no matter how much they've messed up.
However, those who are making such wishes here have very important reasons for wishing yaradua so other than tribalism.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Radiant(f): 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2008
Ya'dua is currently in Brazil, believe me!! Forget what the media spreads. They've probably been told what to say to the public.

I can't be deceived in this one. He may have been sick days or weeks ago but as for Ya'dua in Brazil now, that is a sure dollar!

My source is direct and not media based.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by LeMoor(m): 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2008
What is he doing in brazil? Who is he meeting with in brazil? President? Minister?
If he was meeting with the president, then I think we should have seen photographs and it shpould have made the news. If he is meeting with officers in lesser capacities, then why does he have cabinet ministers.
There should be pictures (unless ofcourse he is truly in the hospital). I believe it is time, the press should start dedicating reporters to follow the president on foreign trips and bring back photo reports of events,
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2008
The government will simply allocate very hot hookers for all reporter in the entourage, and you know what that means; reporting from the hotel rooms. grin
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Eziachi: 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2008
ferdiii:

How do you know God ordained him? I don't know-anything Nigerians can't change or were too weak to change goes on to become God's doing. Well the only thing the corrupt and insensitive ellite are afraid of is death. Please God strike them all round every day, so that many innocent people will get jobs and stay away from crimes and other vices. These foolish politicians and their military and western backers make folks here blind, hopeless and stunted in growth generation to generation.

He knows because just like their fake and fickle pastors, many Nigerians seem to know God's telephone number and email address too.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2008
papa_dims:

i just cnt comprehend with what som of you are saying, a man who is your presido is very sick and all you can say is this, i pray that your FATHER or anyone close to you is in this same condition.
change your attittude and it shall be well with you

Please learn to read.  Your "PRESIDO" is sick and who wishes the same condition on others? Are you sane? Do you realize that there are so many thousands in the same Nigeria who suffer from the same disease this man is having to deal with? Does it ever occur to you that irrespective of the many healthy you think you see out there in Nigeria, there are many of them walking around with conditions such as the one your "PRESIDO" has? These can not afford to travel out of the country to seek help and they wait for your "PRESIDO" to have a heart and actually provide them access they need down there in Nigeria.

By the way, is it that the president does not reveal information on his whereabout to the Nigerian press? Does he not feel we ought not to be informed of where he is at most all times? I don't know about this one. Isn't the press supposed to get information directly from the presidents inner circle on his whereabouts at all times?
By the way,
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by slyk2(m): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2008
he is ok.

dont worry about him.
pray fot him.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Aussie(m): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2008
@Radiant,

U must be a witch or winch with the assurance you have displayed with this your brazil stuff. Maybe u are just crazy about that and u think we are fools here. All those scheduled to travel with him and other members of the diplomatic corps still have thier asses here in Naija and u are here decieving your children you brought up in nairaland. I will bann u soon.
Bleep ur smelly ass!!!
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by obyann(f): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Wishing him SPEEDY recovery so what happens next? What about the lives of the many poor people in Nigeria suffering from the same sickness as he is? Should we also pray for those ones who can not afford the same level of care the president seems to afford himself? I mean is God the one to fix it all for us when we have a president who is supposed to CARE since he is afflicted with the same?  We might as well hold vigil in here daily for the millions in Nigeria who are suffering today and have no access to good hospitals with professionals that can at least diagnose their problem, let alone help them understand how severe the case is.

I don't know why I should be wishing a man who spent 8 years as a governor, dealing with this same ailment but never understanding that building a world class health care center in his own state would be a good way to go, so he can in his sickness, help others at the same time. It does not compute. I am not wishing him evil but I am sure not having sleepless nights here.

I wonder if you also prayed for Abacha to rise from the dead back when we heard he died. Since it is the same God that raises people from dead. grin

Point
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by noetic(m): 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ topic

he was govenor of katsina for 8 years, yet he couldnt biuld a world class hospital in katsina to treat his case.
it tells a lot about his true intentions for nigeria.

to die in power n b remebered as a former president.
all da best mr. president
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by ssRhino: 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2008
noetic:

@ topic

he was govenor of katsina for 8 years, yet he couldnt biuld a world class hospital in katsina to treat his case.
it tells a lot about his true intentions for nigeria.

to die in power n b remebered as a former president.
all da best mr. president

Great point, i have never thot of that.
Well, wish him well, and if he passes on, we will remember him as "baba go slow" with no direction for the nation.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2008
We pray it be well with our President whatever may.

I pray God strenghten him and give him long life. Amen.

cheesy
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Radiant(f): 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2008
Aussie:

@Radiant,

You must be a witch or winch with the assurance you have displayed with this your brazil stuff. Maybe u are just crazy about that and u think we are fools here. All those scheduled to travel with him and other members of the diplomatic corps still have their asses here in Naija and u are here decieving your children you brought up in nairaland. I will bann u soon.
mess your smelly ass!!!

I'm sure if I gave more details you'll hang yourself. You don't have to believe me. I'm just stating what I know for sure. Like I said before, I won't be deceived this time around. Ya'dua and co arrived Sao Paulo yesterday.

I don't know about the "diplomatic corps" or whatever but Ya'dua is definitely not in Nigeria.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by akym(m): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2008
My dear Mr President. I pray 2 God 2 giv u d strenght to go on and devine healing over ur body and soul.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2008
Radiant:

I'm sure if I gave more details you'll hang yourself. You don't have to believe me. I'm just stating what I know for sure. Like I said before, I won't be deceived this time around. Ya'dua and co arrived Sao Paulo yesterday.

I don't know about the "diplomatic corps" or whatever but Ya'dua is definitely not in Nigeria.

My sister, your boy friend fit dey tell you wetin dem brief am to talk
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by cold(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2008
Following media reports that President Umaru Yar’adua has been hospitalised in Saudi Arabia where he has been since last Wednesday, the Federal Government yesterday said the president is healthy.

Yar’adua left for Saudi Arabia last week to perform the lesser Muslim pilgrimage (Umrah), from where he was to proceed to Brazil to open the Nigeria Cultural House tomorrow. But reports said he had taken ill and had been receiving medical attention.

Minister of Information Mr. John Odey and his foreign affairs counterpart Chief Ojo Maduekwe yesterday said the reports were not true.

The lesser pilgrimage normally takes a few hours to undertake, but the faithful doing the ritual could choose to stay in the Holy Land to offer further prayers.

Media reports said the president’s Saudi trip was never truly for Umrah but to seek medical attention at the Saudi-German hospital. Speculations about the president’s illness gained ground when it appeared he would not proceed to Brazil as earlier planned.

Maduekwe confirmed that the president had postponed the Brazil trip "because of developments that needed our immediate attention." The minister did not explain what the developments were.

Fielding questions from reporters after yesterday’s Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting chaired by Vice President Goodluck Jonathan at the State House Abuja, both ministers said that the president is yet to return to the country because he was still performing the lesser Hajj.

Maduekwe said the postponement of the Brazil trip was not unusual. "The trip was just readjusted not cancelled. There is nothing unusual about it. It was deferred. It happens like that several times. Governance is dynamic. You cannot be a prisoner to any particular programme.

"Brazil is very important and we intend to keep that. Our respect for them remains very strong and our inability to go on this trip does not in any way affect our respect for them, and they are looking forward to when the president will make the trip, " he said.

The minister said the president would return home "any moment from now." Odey, on his part, said there was no cause for alarm on the president’s health as he spoke with the president on some state matters yesterday.

"To the best of my knowledge, the president is still performing the lesser hajj. I can’t say when he will return because Umrah is a personal prayer affair," he said.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2008
"To the best of my knowledge, the president is still performing the lesser hajj. I can’t say when he will return because Umrah is a personal prayer affair," he said.

We go see whether the President go pray for 2 weeks. Then we go ask am whether him be Imam or President
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Aussie(m): 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2008
Cold, tell Radiant oooo

She is bent on spreading rumours here. I wonder where she got her news. Imagine, she does not even know the meaning of 'diplomatic corps'

Na wah, surely, she knows not what she is saying. If it is true that by now, Yar;adua is in Brazil, i will come here tomorrow morning to apologise to all nairalanders and radiant and if not, radiant must apologise to us for misinforming us and still misinforming us.
peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Seyi Makinde Sends Commissioners List To Assembly / Yerima Shettima: North Won’t Succumb To Blackmail On 2023 / Peter Obi Didn’t Call APC A Yoruba Political Party - The Cable (FACT CHECK)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.