Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (286483 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Lurz: 11:41am On Nov 05, 2008
Yes am really chelsea fans and i believe in God that we chelsea fans will get to the top!my greeting to John Obi Mikel
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by spenchuks(m): 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2008
with chelsea, no heartache cheesy, forget what happened against Roma
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2008
Loserpool are cheats jo tongue angry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by anombem: 6:17am On Nov 06, 2008
Ibime:

lol. . . . very funny. . . . Gerrard is the most overrated piece of bullcrap I have seen and an expert diver to boot.

You guyz are clearly misdirecting your anger. poor Gerrard, having to bear the wrath for Roma. I'm not a liverpool fan but saying Gerrard is overrated is like talking through your arse. You can't be overrated for 8 years! He gets into the EPL 11 and CL 11 every year. Believe me, Lampard is still in Chelsea because Gerrard didn't join you guys. He also didn't even protest for the penalty, it was presented to him! Surely he could only dispatch it!

Lick your wounds but leave him alone. I'm an M United fan but I rate the lad highly.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 7:07am On Nov 06, 2008
@Anomem,

Gerrard is a cheat!!!! He didnt ask for it but he dispatched it. How ironic even Rafa was defending him. Is this how low EPL teams have gone?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 11:08am On Nov 06, 2008
anombem:

You guys are clearly misdirecting your anger. poor Gerrard, having to bear the wrath for Roma. I'm not a liverpool fan but saying Gerrard is overrated is like talking through your arse. You can't be overrated for 8 years! He gets into the EPL 11 and CL 11 every year. Believe me, Lampard is still in Chelsea because Gerrard didn't join you guys. He also didn't even protest for the penalty, it was presented to him! Surely he could only dispatch it!

Lick your wounds but leave him alone. I'm an M United fan but I rate the lad highly.

My friend comot there. . . . who is Gerrard? Can he outpass or outscore Lamps?. . . . .all he does is make a surging run every ten minutes and you guys get orgasm. . . . for the last 8 years, all I see is underachievement with England and inability to cement England's central midfield spot. . . . . . how dare you compare him to the European midfielder of the year?. . . . . .this guy is a hype created by ex-Liverpool players on Match of The Day.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tocdee(m): 6:28pm On Nov 06, 2008
Ibime:

My friend comot there. . . . who is Gerrard? Can he outpass or outscore Lamps?. . . . .all he does is make a surging run every ten minutes and you guys get orgasm. . . . for the last 8 years, all I see is underachievement with England and inability to cement England's central midfield spot. . . . . . how dare you compare him to the European midfielder of the year?. . . . . .this guy is a hype created by ex-Liverpool players on Match of The Day.

You are not too bright are you? Take a poll and see who people prefer. I dare say you'll be very disappointed. tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tocdee(m): 6:38pm On Nov 06, 2008
dayokanu:

@Anomem,

Gerrard is a cheat!!!! He didnt ask for it but he dispatched it. How ironic even Rafa was defending him. Is this how low EPL teams have gone?

I read your comments on Liverpool threads and they always seem rational BUT this one's quite hypocritical. Can I ask you a question? What would you have done? Kick the ball into row Z. Apart from the fact you'll probably lose your job, have you even considered that your boss's job could be on the line too? Of course C.Ronaldo doesn't dispatch all those wrongful penalties grin He's such a nice, lovable lad.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2008
tocdee:

You are not too bright are you? Take a poll and see who people prefer. I dare say you'll be very disappointed. tongue

Hype is hype. . . . I do not need to take opinions. . . .MOTD has convinced everyone that Gerrard is the greatest thing sincle sliced bread (no thanks to the unusual high no of ex-Liverpool players in the English press). . . . the fact that the last three England managers all preferred Lampard in their favourite position and that Benitez does not trust Gerrard in CM shows that general concensus is not always right. . . . .  in 2004, if you ask Liverpool fans, they always repeat the mantra that Gerrard is the greatest midfielder in the world. . . . ignoring that guys like Zidane, Kaka and Deco are head and shoulders above. . . . . how many years has Gerrard played for England. . . . all we hear for the last 8 years is excuse after excuse. . . . Gerrard is a highlights player. . . . .watch the full game and you will see he cannot pass in tight spaces, often conceding possession, he has no left foot and frequently wanders from his position. . . . . the only thing that makes him look good on highlights is ability to make a surging run every 10 minutes and a brilliant long range shot. . . . other than that, Lamps outscores him every season, outpasses him and covers more ground, plus is way more disciplined. . . . . end of. . . . .

Gerrard, the great white hype. . . .

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHggzKlAi4
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm On Nov 06, 2008
I read your comments on Liverpool threads and they always seem rational BUT this one's quite hypocritical. Can I ask you a question? What would you have done? Kick the ball into row Z. Apart from the fact you'll probably lose your job, have you even considered that your boss's job could be on the line too? Of course C.Ronaldo doesn't dispatch all those wrongful penalties Grin He's such a nice, lovable lad.

Robbie Fowler did it. kicked away the wrong penalty and heavens did not fall infact he was given a fair play award for it.

Miro Klose told the ref he was not fouled and the penalty was unjust and it was duly revoked. These are players that have done it before.

C.Ronaldo is a born cheat so how could you mention his name here. Gerrard in the past criticised players who dived but now he has been shown to be a two faced hypocrite!!!!

on the same level with the other notorious cheats around
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Sauron1: 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2008
dayokanu:

Robbie Fowler did it. kicked away the wrong penalty and heavens did not fall infact he was given a fair play award for it.

Miro Klose told the ref he was not fouled and the penalty was unjust and it was duly revoked. These are players that have done it before.

C.Ronaldo is a born cheat so how could you mention his name here. Gerrard in the past criticised players who dived but now he has been shown to be a two faced hypocrite!!!!

on the same level with the other notorious cheats around

Be objective, pizzle!!!

Liverpool was LOSING in a game at Anfield. . . . .
The defender made contact, Gerrard fell and left it in the hands of the referee to decide??
Was it a penalty?? Probably not. The men in black are paid to do a job, Gerrard is doing his job.
It's up to the men in black to do their own jobs. . . . . .Meanwhile, it was the line assistant that made the call, not the referee!!!

tocdee:

Without a shadow of doubt, Gerrard is a better player than Lampard.
Stevie G does not get his credits because of his versatility, he gets drafted to every position in the midfield and sometimes play as a supporting striker.
Lampard is just lucky to be playing around the best players in the world(Ballack, Makalele, Deco, Essien etc).

Ordinarily, Lampard shouldn't even be wearing the 3 LIONS shirt but then he plays for Chelsea(what a mother luck)!!! grin
The stats indicate that England are better off when Gerrard is on the pitch and Lampard is in the stands.
Gerrard and Rooney are by far England's best players.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2008
Liverpool was LOSING in a game at Anfield. . . . .
The defender made contact, Gerrard fell and left it in the hands of the referee to decide??
Was it a penalty?? Probably not. The men in black are paid to do a job, Gerrard is doing his job.
It's up to the men in black to do their own jobs. . . . . .Meanwhile, it was the line assistant that made the call, not the referee!!!

Diving is when a player simulates a fall to con the ref into giving a foul maybe by minimal or no contact at all.

Gerrard did the above to win a penalty so its a dive.

Some players are noted for Diving e.g C.Ronaldo, Inzaghi, Deco, Robinho, Drogba would not accuse a player of diving since they see it as part of the game

"The Liverpool skipper and England favourite has been one of the only high-profile players to consistently oppose to diving in the media. Most follow the etiquette of not criticising their fellow professionals, but Gerrard went as far as to name[i] Chelsea's Ricardo Carvalho and Cristiano Ronaldo of Manchester United as players who are "ruining football".[/i] The fact the two of them were teammates for a Portugal side that had eliminated England from the World Cup did little to cloud his judgement, of course."

"The hilarity hit an ultimate high, however, when ex-Liverpool and Republic of Ireland defender Phil Babb at first seemed to acknowledge the dive, but then claimed it was merely testament to Gerrard's commitment to the cause of pulling his side level, which of course made it a perfectly reasonable and acceptable thing to do."

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=950269
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Sauron1: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2008
dayokanu:

Diving is when a player simulates a fall to con the ref into giving a foul maybe by minimal or no contact at all.

Gerrard did the above to win a penalty so its a dive.

That is what the game takes these days.
How many times have we seen referees overrule a clear foul in the penalty box just because the player fouled staggered on his feet and played on??
Most times the referees do not give penalty when the player stands on his feet but WILL give penalties when players stay on the ground.

Every player is a cheat. . . . . . .That is what football is all about.
U have to do everything humanly possible to guide your team to victories.
Every player have contested balls that go out of touch to win a throw-in for their teams(it's dishonesty and it's as bad as diving).

How many times has Kaka(who claims to be a Christian) contested balls running out of touch even when he knew his teammate made the last contact before going out of touch?? We can spin this up n down till the cows come home but the referees are the ones to be blamed.
They are not doing the job they are being PAID to do.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2008
If you are a cheat why do you complain and call other players cheat?

The main point of my argument is this:

Some players are noted for Diving e.g C.Ronaldo, Inzaghi, Deco, Robinho, Drogba and they would not accuse a player of diving since they see it as part of the game

"The Liverpool skipper and England favourite has been one of the only high-profile players to consistently oppose to diving in the media. Most follow the etiquette of not criticising their fellow professionals, but Gerrard went as far as to name Chelsea's Ricardo Carvalho and Cristiano Ronaldo of Manchester United as players who are "ruining football". The fact the two of them were teammates for a Portugal side that had eliminated England from the World Cup did little to cloud his judgement, of course."

How are you sure that Kaka knowingly contested a throw in. The ball might have touched the opponent last or he thought it did.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Sauron1: 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2008
dayokanu:

If you are a cheat why do you complain and call other players cheat?

The main point of my argument is this:

Some players are noted for Diving e.g C.Ronaldo, Inzaghi, Deco, Robinho, Drogba and they would not accuse a player of diving since they see it as part of the game

Why didn't u include Maradona?? The greatest player that has ever kicked the round leather object??

"The Liverpool skipper and England favourite has been one of the only high-profile players to consistently oppose to diving in the media. Most follow the etiquette of not criticising their fellow professionals, but Gerrard went as far as to name Chelsea's Ricardo Carvalho and Cristiano Ronaldo of Manchester United as players who are "ruining football". The fact the two of them were teammates for a Portugal side that had eliminated England from the World Cup did little to cloud his judgement, of course."

He musta said that in the heat of the moment. . . . .That was prolly after England lost to Portugal in the world cup.
People say things o'utta anger most times and u cannot hang Gerrard for that statement.
It was still in the hands of the men in black to give a decision. If they judged wrongly, they should take the blame.

How are you sure that Kaka knowingly contested a throw in. The ball might have touched the opponent last or he thought it did.

Are u a novice??
Players contest throw ins/corner-kicks everytime even when they know they were the last player to touch the ball.
That on it's own is cheating cos they might score a goal from the resulting corner-kick or the long throw. . . . .
Football is fraudulent until FIFA brings in Video Technology.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2008
Kaka has been known to be a fair player so I would need you to be very sure of the allegation.

Like C.Ron who does it knowingly How do i know ? he has been caught of camera giving a wink after the incident.

Maradona does not dive. Against England in 1986, he had all the opportunity to fall when terry butcher and co were bombarding him with kicks but he held on.

Have you seen Zidane dive before? even Dinho, Ronaldo Lima,

Miro Klose was reported to have told the ref to cancel a penalty he was given that the keeper did not bring him down. Fowler did the same too So your claim that all players cheat is not True!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Sauron1: 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2008
dayokanu:

Kaka has been known to be a fair player so I would need you to be very sure of the allegation.

Like C.Ron who does it knowingly How do i know ? he has been caught of camera giving a wink after the incident.

Maradona does not dive. Against England in 1986, he had all the opportunity to fall when terry butcher and co were bombarding him with kicks but he held on.

Have you seen Zidane dive before? even Dinho, Ronaldo Lima,

Miro Klose was reported to have told the ref to cancel a penalty he was given that the keeper did not bring him down. Fowler did the same too So your claim that all players cheat is not True!!!!

Maradona invented the art of diving.
Go and watch Argentina Vs Nigeria(USA 94) and watch Maradona with his dolphin-like dives.
I dunno why Cristiano Ronaldo is being emphasised here. . . . . . .What about Leo Messi---does he dive??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 1:23am On Nov 07, 2008
Any soccer buff would know Ronaldo is the best diver in the world

check this link you would see the player in Jersey number 7

http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/2008/10/rugby-takes-a-shot-at-soccers-diving-divas.html
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Sauron1: 1:28am On Nov 07, 2008
dayokanu:

Any soccer buff would know Ronaldo is the best diver in the world

Just like any soccer buff would tell you he is the best player in the world. . . . .
Ronaldo does not dive, he provokes tackles.
Whenever he is dancing around the ball. . . .tackles fly in.
Besides, the best players on the pitch are the ones targeted as opponents know what they are about with the ball.
This is why Messi/Ronaldo are seen as divers. . . . with the speed with which they move, the slightest trip is enough to bring em down.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 3:33am On Nov 07, 2008
Ronaldo surely the King of Divers , Gerrard is just full of Cheats, Benitez coach of cheats
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dayokanu(m): 6:23am On Nov 07, 2008
Messi hits the ground. but Ronaldo is legendary in diving he is the face of diving.

Ronaldo gets into issues with defenders because of his dives.

Ronaldo hits the grass more than goalkeepers even when nobody is close.

Talk about diving in soccer and the picture that comes to mind is Ronaldo.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by HNIC(m): 9:45am On Nov 07, 2008
~Sauron~:

Football is fraudulent until FIFA brings in Video Technology.

Now you are talking.
Not just video technology, but punish whoever cheats severely.
There's too much at stake for wrong refereeing decisions to prevail!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tocdee(m): 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2008
dyabman:

Ronaldo surely the King of Divers , Gerrard is just full of Cheats, Benitez coach of cheats

The saddest thing in life is encapsulated by the statement above. Think man, then write reasonably. It can't be that difficult surely; you might even find it quite stimulating.

Ibime:

Hype is hype. . . . I do not need to take opinions. . . .MOTD has convinced everyone that Gerrard is the greatest thing sincle sliced bread (no thanks to the[b] unusual high no of ex-Liverpool players in the English press). . . . the fact that the last three England managers all preferred Lampard in their favourite position and that Benitez does not trust Gerrard in CM [/b] shows that general concensus is not always right. . . . . in 2004, if you ask Liverpool fans, they always repeat the mantra that Gerrard is the greatest midfielder in the world. . . . ignoring that guys like Zidane, Kaka and Deco are head and shoulders above. . . . . how many years has Gerrard played for England. . . . all we hear for the last 8 years is excuse after excuse. . . . Gerrard is a highlights player. . . . .watch the full game and you will see he cannot pass in tight spaces, often conceding possession, he has no left foot and frequently wanders from his position. . . . . the only thing that makes him look good on highlights is ability to make a surging run every 10 minutes and a brilliant long range shot. . . . other than that, Lamps outscores him every season, outpasses him and covers more ground, plus is way more disciplined. . . . . end of. . . . .

Gerrard, the great white hype. . . .

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHggzKlAi4

You seem to know better than proffessional analysts, don't you? That's okay BUT saying that Benitez doesn't trust Gerrard in the MC position makes me wonder if we're talking about the English Premier League here or the Globacom Premier League. If Lampard was played as ML, DR, AML, MR, AMR, MC, DMC or FC, then he'd have ended up at Luton FC. Gerrard's played in all these positions for England JUST to accomodate others because he's just that good. Name any other player that can do that! However everyone knows that his favourite position (which is the only position Lampard can play) is AMC. For that we love him.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by MeGaStReEt: 12:31am On Nov 08, 2008
I dont understand what Scolari mean when he said that JOM made the mistake that cost Chelsea 2 out of the 3 goals we concevied at Rome, and because of that he is not giving him a starting shirt against Blackborn Lovers

I watched the match from beginning to end in i did not c were Mikel was the cos for the damage, its realy supprising, Mikel is bekomin more confident and played very well again big tims like ManU, Livapool N Arsenal, How kom Scolari is thinkin the contrary? why is he tryin to spoil Mikels fun of playin 90min.

I think this is not fair at all, some av to be done
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 2:38am On Nov 08, 2008
MeGaStReEt:

I don't understand what Scolari mean when he said that JOM made the mistake that cost Chelsea 2 out of the 3 goals we concevied at Rome, and because of that he is not giving him a starting shirt against Blackborn Lovers

I watched the match from beginning to end in i did not c were Mikel was the because for the damage, its realy supprising, Mikel is bekomin more confident and played very well again big tims like ManU, Livapool N Arsenal, How kom Scolari is thinkin the contrary? why is he tryin to spoil Mikels fun of playin 90min.

I think this is not fair at all, some av to be done
If i swear for Scolari it would catch him ooh his benching Mikel would make me automatically lose 2 points in my fantasy league i have already lost 12 on transfers because 4 of my starters are injured you guys should tell that old man to respect himself ooh was Terry not at fault for 2 goals as well angry angry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 4:30am On Nov 08, 2008
Hey , which private league are u ? Nairaland League or where, i dont have mikel in my team though , ,

tocdee:

The saddest thing in life is encapsulated by the statement above. Think man, then write reasonably. It can't be that difficult surely; you might even find it quite stimulating.

common sense will tell u, guess you dont have one
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tocdee(m): 10:05am On Nov 08, 2008
dyabman:

Hey , which private league are u ? Nairaland League or where, i don't have mikel in my team though , ,

common sense will tell u, guess you don't have one

ouch! must have a raw nerve there! tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 11:09am On Nov 08, 2008
tocdee:

ouch! must have a raw nerve there! tongue

yea a real OUCH!

the guy is a Arrow suffering from INFANTARADICALISM! tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2008
tocdee:

This was unnecessary.

Concentrate on the post and don't go personal.

tocdee:

You seem to know better than proffessional analysts, don't you? That's okay BUT saying that Benitez doesn't trust Gerrard in the MC position makes me wonder if we're talking about the English Premier League here or the Globacom Premier League. If Lampard was played as ML, DR, AML, MR, AMR, MC, DMC or FC, then he'd have ended up at Luton FC. Gerrard's played in all these positions for England JUST to accomodate others because he's just that good. Name any other player that can do that! However everyone knows that his favourite position (which is the only position Lampard can play) is AMC. For that we love him.
I cant remember when Gerrard was used at a right back. Please what match are you talking about.

Now for the rest of the positions . . . Those are mostly one and the same. A good number of midfielders play left, right and center.

Players like Ronaldo and Gerrard are cheats and should be taken off the game.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2008
Actually I think I do remember he played once at right back for england. . . I really can't remember which match it was now. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2008
Arsenal has done it . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2008
Yes !!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.