Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,530 members, 7,843,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant (6011 Views)

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by blackspade(m): 4:27am On Sep 03, 2008
tpia:

calling someone an idiot doesnt cover up your stupidity, sweetie.

Show us the date you took the picture you posted. grin

20 oh, 40 oh- you need a bit more mental agility than what you've been showing so far. cheesy
All photos of her taken before June 2008 were suspiciously taken down. Look for yourself. Can you explain to me why these pictures have been taken down? Or is it just a huge coincidence?

And, I call you idiot because you fail to support your argument over and over again. I have submitted evidence to back up my claims, and you have not brought nothing to the table but opinion. I laugh at your inability to support your view. grin grin grin
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by tpia: 4:31am On Sep 03, 2008
blackspade:

All photos of her taken before June 2008 were suspiciously taken down. Look for yourself. Can you explain to me why these pictures have been taken down? Or is it just a huge coincidence?

And, I call you idiot because you fail to support your argument over and over again. I have submitted evidence to back up my claims, and you have not brought nothing to the table but opinion. I laugh at your inability to support your view. grin grin grin

this is why I say you need some more bullion in the mental department.

You call an unidentified picture evidence? A picture you pulled up from who knows where, and you expect people to swallow your story just because you say so?

Come again. You must think you're Obama himself instead of one of his zombies.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by blackspade(m): 5:55am On Sep 03, 2008
Can you explain why the picture was removed from where I said I retrieve it from? Short answer: NO. Until you can, there is no evidence to support your argument! So, why don't you do some research, and then get back to me. grin
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by TayoD1(m): 12:25pm On Sep 03, 2008
@Sisikill,

If her father was the one running for VP, thrusting his daughter into the limelight in her condition, I will say the same thing. Honestly, If isn't because I will come off as an idealistic person with her head in the clouds, I would wonder out loud why people can't run for office when their children are old enough (21+) to handle the public scrutiny that comes with it. I feel sorry for kids stuck in the middle of this cesspool called politics.
So your overiding concern here is reallyy the political office and not the parenting as you earlier claimed. Trying to pass of your political inclinations as a concern for a family matter is laughable at best.

I don't know what to say of your attempt to rearrange history to fit your political leanings. Is it selective amnesia or just plain deceit. Who began making the girl a national issue? Was it not the left-leaning blogs who began by lying about the girl claiming she is the real mother of of her brother? Sarah Palin's had to step in to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the baby wasn't her daughter's. So you see, you should drect your rage at the Democrats, and not this capable mother.

So I don't get how I'm supposed to be insulting anyone's intelligence here.
You incuslt our intelligence by assuming we are too dumb to see that your submissions are politically motivated and not borne out of a genuine concern for the Sarah Palin's adult daughter.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by TayoD1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2008
@bamolowo,

social conservatives are the ones obsessed with tagging a moral value to everything.
And I've never seen as much hypocrisies as I have seen with left-leaning democrats. Imagine Obama saying he cannot determine when life begins and yet is comfortable with kiling children in their mother's womb? It is the Democrats that are here trying to make the decision of an adult daughter the moral burden of her mother. Again hypocrisy at work.

can u provide evidence sex education classes encourage children to engage in "indiscriminate sex". sex education promotes safe sex INCASE people get the urge to have sex. lots of people are taught about the HPV vaccine, condoms, the reproductive system and STD and also addressing issues about MouthAction blah blah. in the study i posted, u would find out some people thought abstinence only began to engage in MouthAction just to avoid vaginal penetration
Here's a statement from the provided link below to show you the effectiveness of abstinence. The link provides answers to your questions - Dr. Stan Weed told LifeSiteNews.com: “Within the United States, sexual activity rates have been going down among teenagers for about the last 12 or 13 years, and that coincides with when the abstinence education started. Abortion, pregnancies and out of wedlock births rates have also been going down among teens during that same time period. However, pregnancy, abortion and out of wedlock births have been rising for the older age group, between 19-25, a group that has not been targeted by abstinence programs.” http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2007/jun/07061304.html

there are gender and sexuality courses in college that deal with all these. not limited to abstinence education as u claim. i find it strange character could be defined by keeping one's virginity till marriage
The courses are available in colleges for a fee and yet the condoms are distributed in High School and even lower. At that stage, we should be teaching the kids to master their emotions and libido. Telling them their libido will have the best of them is just plain stupid in my thinking.

yeah a criminal act is comparable to teens having sex. one involves consent, the other doesn't.
Of course both are comparable. A criminal has the urge to commit a crime and has every will-power to go ahead or not. This is the same with sex. It starts with a urge and it takes self-control to avoid having sex. If we claim that we have no power over our sexual urges, then there is absolutely no reason to prosecute any rapist who can claim they couldn't find a concentual sex partner.

na wa o, who says condom availability programs in high school increases sexual activity
Please see the link I provided above.

shhhh, in roe vs wade we trust. a woman has a right not to be burdened by a baby she doesn't want. in this case, conservatives seems to be one hell bent on population control rather than giving people a CHOICE
Of course we give people a choice. If you choose to have sex and make a baby, you have the choice to either keep the child or give it up for adoption. Snuffing out that innocent life is not an option. So what next will you come up with, that parents have the choice to shoot their kids when they are wayward?

The inalienable rights of every human being according to the declaration of independence are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with inherent and inalienable rights; that among these, are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." --Declaration of Independence as originally written by Thomas Jefferson

Please be informed that Roe v Wade will be upturned by the same Judiciary who put it into law. According to Jefferson, any govt that undermines life must be abolished and reconstituted. The Judiciary has done just that, and they are now being re-constituted by the Right who intend to have Roe v Wade reversed.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by tpia: 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2008
blackspade:

Can you explain why the picture was removed from where I said I retrieve it from? Short answer: NO. Until you can, there is no evidence to support your argument! So, why don't you do some research, and then get back to me. grin

why should I explain anything? Better ask wherever you retrieved it from, not me.

You say you live in the US- ever heard of legal action for defamation of character? If the owner fears a lawsuit, wont he take it down?

Use your grey cells here. Too many hits within a specific time frame can also crash a site.

tsk tsk. undecided

But you can also go on sniffing for conspiracies oh. grin Enjoy!
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by bawomolo(m): 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2008
And I've never seen as much hypocrisies as I have seen with left-leaning democrats. Imagine Obama saying he cannot determine when life begins and yet is comfortable with kiling children in their mother's womb?

talk about twisting obama's words(and am not a fan of him). he said he doesn't support abortions but stripping the right of abortion from other people are not part of his beliefs. that what i call giving people a choice not hypocrisy.

Here's a statement from the provided link below to show you the effectiveness of abstinence. The link provides answers to your questions

a state by state break down shows that the bible belt states not touched by comprehensive sex education actually have the highest rate of abortions and divorce etc. your article does a good of avoiding that while making a blanket statement about the 19-25 age group.

If we claim that we have no power over our sexual urges

those kind of people end up in jail or a mental assylum, no humans has absolute control over their urges, that's a reason we have laws. the wanting to have sex or reproduce is a biological function. u seem to be ignoring the issue of consent.

you have the choice to either keep the child or give it up for adoption.

good job limiting their choices and then u accuse of being the ones hellbent on population control. na wa oh. a woman has a right to do what she wants with her body.

Please be informed that Roe v Wade will be upturned by the same Judiciary who put it into law

republicans have been promising that for the past 20yrs, what has happened? nada. and guess what happens if roe vs wade gets upturned, people would go back to the good ole days of travelling abroad for abortions or going to quacks.

Please see the link I provided above.

could u pls point out the stat that says condom availability programs in high school increase sexual activity
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2008
bawomolo:

talk about twisting obama's words(and am not a fan of him). he said he doesn't support abortions but stripping the right of abortion from other people are not part of his beliefs. that what i call giving people a choice not hypocrisy.

Actually, Obama's own words were not that he was against Abortions. He is actually for it and sites that he would not want to see his children burdened with responsibilities(babies) they are not ready for.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by carmelily: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2008
Lindsay Lohan Calls Bristol Palin Teen Pregnancy "Distracting"

I’ve been watching the news all morning, like everyone else - and I keep hearing about the issues related to ‘teen pregnancy’- It’s all related to Sarah Palin and her 17-year-old unmarried pregnant daughter. Well, I think the real problem comes from the fact that we are taking the focus off of getting to know Sarah Palin and her political views, and what she can do to make our country a less destructive place. Its distracting from the real issues, the real everyday problems that this country experiences.

“I am concerned with the fact that Sarah Palin brought the attention to her daughter’s pregnancy, rather than all world issues and what she believes she could possibly do to change them-if elected. I get Sarah Palin’s views against abortion, but i would much prefer to hear more about what she can do for our country rather than how her daughter is going to have a child no matter what. Maybe focus on delivering some words and policy with stronger impact like Joe Biden.”

On another note-the last note- i heard a woman say on TODAY on NBC that teens are feeling as if they have to grow up faster. Really? Because, i think that girls that are CHOOSING to be sexually active and are making a conscious decision to grow up faster,  I think that parents need to recognize how important it is to talk to their children about the things that can result from being sexually active if they aren't protecting themselves (birth control, condoms, etc.)

@sisikill

true, true, world wan end! was Lindsay Lohan sober enough to say all this? Mccain should have chosen her as VP. Palin strikes me as a bumbling attention-seeker.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by blackspade(m): 4:32pm On Sep 03, 2008
tpia:

why should I explain anything? Better ask wherever you retrieved it from, not me.

You say you live in the US- ever heard of legal action for defamation of character? If the owner fears a lawsuit, wont he take it down?

Use your grey cells here. Too many hits within a specific time frame can also crash a site.

tsk tsk. undecided

But you can also go on sniffing for conspiracies oh. grin Enjoy!

I posted my link. Can you explain why all the pictures on that site only go up to June. Why is that? wink What does Gov. Palin have to hide?
The owner of the site is herself? It's an official site for the Governor of Alaska aka Sarah Palin, so why we she take it down?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Sisikill,
So your overiding concern here is reallyy the political office and not the parenting as you earlier claimed. Trying to pass of your political inclinations as a concern for a family matter is laughable at best.

I don't know what to say of your attempt to rearrange history to fit your political leanings. Is it selective amnesia or just plain deceit. Who began making the girl a national issue? Was it not the left-leaning blogs who began by lying about the girl claiming she is the real mother of of her brother? Sarah Palin's had to step in to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the baby wasn't her daughter's. So you see, you should drect your rage at the Democrats, and not this capable mother.
You incuslt our intelligence by assuming we are too dumb to see that your submissions are politically motivated and not borne out of a genuine concern for the Sarah Palin's adult daughter.

Political leanings? political inclinations? Heavens! Please tell me you are joking, LOL. Okay, believe it or not. . . I don't have one! I honestly couldn't careless about the GOP or the Democrats. Why do you doubt that? I mean is it too far-fetched to believe that there are people out there who don't get their blood pressure high over politics, to the point where every and any innocuous statement has an underlying meaning? Well today is your lucky day. . . you've met one.

You said Palin had to step up because they were making it an issue. The girl is Pregnant for goodness sakes, are you telling me it wouldn't have come out? Pray tell how they were gonna keep it on the downlow, under such intense scrutiny? Perhaps they were gonna tell curious cats, she had a big lunch or maybe they would have gone with the "Oh she's just gaining weight" excuse. LMOA! You act like we are talking about a little scratch here not pregnancy! Goodness!

I'm capable of knowing who to direct my. . . rage (?) at, thank you very much. Her mother. . . oh pardon me, her mother and FATHER knew she was pregnant, they knew what would happen when it comes out, they know how blood thirsty the American media is, that she will be used as a political talking point yet they did nothing to shield her from it. THAT. . . Uncle, is my problem.

As much as I would love to, I can't take credit for insulting your intelligence, you do a pretty good job of it by yourself.

Speaking of rage, I hear yellow, fluffy balls. . . with the smiley face, work wonders.

By the way, I loove how suddenly a 17 yrs old is now an Adult daughter. She can't vote, she can't buy herself a bottle of brewski, under the law she is still a minor but we'll just ignore that because it doesn't really flow with the agenda at hand. Lmao, talk about deceit.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by TayoD1(m): 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2008
@bamolowo,

You are so funny. What if I tell you I am not for murder but I do not support stripping other people their rights to murder. Don't you consider that  a mental case.

a state by state break down shows that the bible belt states not touched by comprehensive sex education actually have the highest rate of abortions and divorce etc.  your article does a good of avoiding that while making a blanket statement about the 19-25 age group.
You get things quite wrong altogether. It targets that age-group because they were the once who received the teaching aof abstinence. The study reflects the fact that STDs, pregnancies and all other vices were less amongs those who were taught abstinence. Dance around that as much as you can but it does not change the facts. And by the way, my article is much more recent than the one you provided.

those kind of people end up in jail or a mental assylum, no humans has absolute control over their urges, that's a reason we have laws.  the wanting to have sex or reproduce is a biological function. u seem to be ignoring the issue of consent
I can say up to 80% of my close friends waited till marriage to have sex. None of them is in a mental asylum. Again, you are making a case for people who commit crimes and can use passion/hormones and urges as a legitimate excuse.

good job limiting their choices and then u accuse of being the ones hellbent on population control. na wa oh.  a woman has a right to do what she wants with her body.
Don't you know that freedom and choices have limits? The principle is this: "Your rights end where mine begins." In other words, a woman's right to her body ends where the baby's right to life begins.

republicans have been promising that for the past 20yrs, what has happened? nada. and guess what happens if roe vs wade gets upturned, people would go back to the good ole days of travelling abroad for abortions or going to quacks.
Of course it takes time to get this done. It takes a change in the composition of the Supreme  Court Justices. Right now, we need just one more vote to be locked down. Current President Bush has so changed the composition and another conservative pick will give us the vote we need. In the mean time, a case that will come Roe v Wade to be revisited is on its way to the Supreme Court. Why do you think Conservatives voted Bush into office twice even though they know his economic prowess is non-existent.

could u please point out the stat that says condom availability programs in high school increase sexual activity
The article is very clear how the use of condom doesn't help relative to abstinence.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by TayoD1(m): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2008
@Sisikill,

Political leanings? political inclinations? Heavens! Please tell me you are joking, LOL. Okay, believe it or not. . . I don't have one! I honestly couldn't careless about the GOP or the Democrats. Why do you doubt that? I mean is it too far-fetched to believe that there are people out there who don't get their blood pressure high over politics, to the point where every and any innocuous statement has an underlying meaning? Well today is your lucky day. . . you've met one.
I never read meaning to your words. I simply revealed the implications. Maybe you never gave much thought to them but they are very clearly showing a bias against the mother when in actuality she and her husband are to be held accountable, if at all anyone other than the girl should be. And by the way, I am not so much for the any Party, but I stand by some principles. That is why I was never moved by either McCain, Obama, Clinton or Biden. But Sarah Palin moves me. She tickles my fancy because of what she stands for.

You said Palin had to step up because they were making it an issue. The girl is Pregnant for goodness sakes, are you telling me it wouldn't have come out? Pray tell how they were going to keep it on the downlow, under such intense scrutiny? Perhaps they were going to tell curious cats, she had a big lunch or maybe they would have gone with the "Oh she's just gaining weight" excuse. LMOA! You act like we are talking about a little scratch here not pregnancy! Goodness!
now you try to change the dynamics. You claim Palin made it a national issue while not alluding to the fact that others started it. Of course it would have become known eventually. However, your point is becoming more and more fuzzy here. If you and I agree that it would have become known, then why the ire about her telling the world on her own terms?

I'm capable of knowing who to direct my. . . rage (?) at, thank you very much. Her mother. . . oh pardon me, her mother and FATHER knew she was pregnant, they knew what would happen when it comes out, they know how blood thirsty the American media is, that she will be used as a political talking point yet they did nothing to shield her from it. THAT. . . Uncle, is my problem.
How should they shield her? By her mom resigniong and going into oblivion to satisfy your desire? Do you want her to just resign herself to the governorship of Alaka all because of her daughter's mistake? How many times have your parents had to change their life goals and ambitions on account of your actions - especially since you became an adult? Where is personal responsibility?

As much as I would love to, I can't take credit for insulting your intelligence, you do a pretty good job of it by yourself.
I expected this age-old tactic. A reversal to personal abuse when you run out of intellectual steam.

Speaking of rage, I hear yellow, fluffy balls. . . with the smiley face, work wonders.
You will do well to take the advice of your counsellor.

By the way, I loove how suddenly a 17 years old is now an Adult daughter. She can't vote, she can't buy herself a bottle of brewski, under the law she is still a minor but we'll just ignore that because it doesn't really flow with the agenda at hand. Lmao, talk about deceit.
Half education is really a disease. Each State in the Federation define what age a person is considered an adult. For Alaska, it is 16.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by bawomolo(m): 5:56pm On Sep 03, 2008
You get things quite wrong altogether. It targets that age-group because they were the once who received the teaching aof abstinence

comprehensive didn't just less than a decade ago.  a flaw of the study highlighting 19-25 yr old as those who received teaching of absitinence, a state by state breakdown makes more sense.

What if I tell you I am not for murder but I do not support stripping other people their rights to murder.

murder what, a goat, a human or something not yet developed in a woman's womb?? be specific here.  

The study reflects the fact that STDs, pregnancies and all other vices were less amongs those who were taught abstinence

i would like u to point out those states because i've read difference this. u might want to take a look at this

http://www.avert.org/stdstatisticusa.htm

it seems some conservative states may need some sex education.  aint that right palin

I can say up to 80% of my close friends waited till marriage to have sex. None of them is in a mental asylum.

and what makes ur friends a representative sample of the US demographics.

a woman's right to her body ends where the baby's right to life begins.

so a woman's physical and mental state should be ignored just for the sake of the baby.  the argument over when life begins hasn't been settled yet either.

It takes a change in the composition of the Supreme  Court Justices.

it[i] won't happen. that's just my opinion though

The article is very clear how the use of condom doesn't help relative to abstinence.

na lie

These opposing, but not mutually exclusive, views raise important questions about program impact. The American Academy of Pediatrics, in addition to stating that schools are an appropriate site for condom availability programs, has called for research to evaluate such programs.4 There have been several studies of condom availability programs.5 Some have indicated that students generally respond favorably to such programs, that males are more likely than females to take condoms that are available at school, and that students are most likely to take condoms if schools provide easy access (e.g., place condoms in bowls).6 One study also showed a small but statistically significant increase in condom use and no change in rates of sexual activity.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3634/is_199803/ai_n8795606
[/i]
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Sisikill,
I never read meaning to your words. I simply revealed the implications. Maybe you never gave much thought to them but they are very clearly showing a bias against the mother when in actuality she and her husband are to be held accountable, if at all anyone other than the girl should be. And by the way, I am not so much for the any Party, but I stand by some principles. That is why I was never moved by either McCain, Obama, Clinton or Biden. But Sarah Palin moves me. She tickles my fancy because of what she stands for.
now you try to change the dynamics. You claim Palin made it a national issue while not alluding to the fact that others started it. Of course it would have become known eventually. However, your point is becoming more and more fuzzy here. If you and I agree that it would have become known, then why the ire about her telling the world on her own terms?

How should they shield her? By her mom resigniong and going into oblivion to satisfy your desire? Do you want her to just resign herself to the governorship of Alaka all because of her daughter's mistake? How many times have your parents had to change their life goals and ambitions on account of your actions - especially since you became an adult? Where is personal responsibility?

I expected this age-old tactic. A reversal to personal abuse when you run out of intellectual steam.

You will do well to take the advice of your counsellor.

Half education is really a disease. Each State in the Federation define what age a person is considered an adult. For Alaska, it is 16.

My desire? My Goal? My intentions? My God! Man do you hear yourself? Ay! It's like trying to get through to a brick wall and I won't even bother, obviously whatever it is that moves you about Sarah Palin also stops you from being reasonable. How else do you explain blaming the child, while giving the mother a free pass. Oh yeah, something is definitely fuzzy here but it's not not my point, which is and will always be this -  It is unfair to put a pregnant 17 yrs old girl in the middle of a political shitstorm.

It doesn't matter how it came out, what matters is it would have and the girl will still be subjected to ridicule. I didn't know it is suddenly a big deal to expect a parent to protect a child, my apologies.

I didn't insult you, I just refuse to take credit for your unnecessary frothing at the mouth because you have convinced yourself you can see something where there's nothing.

Fluffy yellow balls. . . . my raging friend, fluffy yellow ball.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by TayoD1(m): 12:07am On Sep 04, 2008
@Sisikill,

My desire? My Goal? My intentions? My God! Man do you hear yourself? Ay! It's like trying to get through to a brick wall and I won't even bother, obviously whatever it is that moves you about Sarah Palin also stops you from being reasonable. How else do you explain blaming the child, while giving the mother a free pass.
Why should I blame the mother for a consentual action between two adults? And by the way, why is the boy and his parents so far exempt from your outrage? The answer is very clear - your judgemnet is purely political. Since the guy, his family as well as Palin's husband are not game for you politically, you ignore them.

Oh yeah, something is definitely fuzzy here but it's not not my point, which is and will always be this - It is unfair to put a pregnant 17 years old girl in the middle of a political shitstorm.
Let me clear up your fuziness. The people crucifying the girl are the democratic media. You will do well to address them and not her mother who is standing by her and supporting her long before the media got a wind of it.

It doesn't matter how it came out, what matters is it would have and the girl will still be subjected to ridicule. I didn't know it is suddenly a big deal to expect a parent to protect a child, my apologies.
How much mor e protection and support does she need to give? You are yet to tell us what you expect from her other than the mantra you've continually expressed here. Are you expecting she should have insisted her daughter commit abortion? Please be specific. and if according to you the story would have eventually come out as it did, why are you now bursting a vein over it happening?

I didn't insult you, I just refuse to take credit for your unnecessary frothing at the mouth because you have convinced yourself you can see something where there's nothing.
You are working extra time to convince yourself that others are just like you.

Fluffy yellow balls. . . . my raging friend, fluffy yellow ball.
I hold no grudge if that is the messiah you choose to cling on to.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by TayoD1(m): 12:39am On Sep 04, 2008
@bamolowo,

comprehensive didn't just less than a decade ago. a flaw of the study highlighting 19-25 yr old as those who received teaching of absitinence, a state by state breakdown makes more sense.
Haba my guy. Let me try and paint a picture of what you are saying here. Assuming we try out some drugs on a few people in naija and another on a few people in Benin Republic. To know the effectiveness of the drugs, are we going to compare all the residents of Naija and Benin or are we going to look at those who were given the drugs? Of couerse it is those who received the drugs. So why are you trying to change the goal post in this case?

murder what, a goat, a human or something not yet developed in a woman's womb?? be specific here.
What is your definition of a human being? Life begins at conception and it is this life that the declaration of independence alludes to! If you do not know when life begins, why are you so quick then to abort the child?

would like u to point out those states because i've read difference this. u might want to take a look at this
The study above is very clear. This issue is not so much as the States but those who received the education.

it seems some conservative states may need some sex education. aint that right palin
Abstinence is a critical part of sex education.

and what makes your friends a representative sample of the US demographics.
Experience trumps mere assertions anytime. Please share with us those whom have gone bunkers while abstaining. That was your assertion innit?

so a woman's physical and mental state should be ignored just for the sake of the baby. the argument over when life begins hasn't been settled yet either.
Someone old enough to have sex must know its consequences. Where do youo hold them responsible for their actions? Read the declaration of independence again. Life comes ahead of anything else. Unless you want to tell us Thoma Jefferson was wrong.

it won't happen. that's just my opinion though
Maybe it will, maybe it won't but the reality on ground is that effort are being made through constitutional means to make that happen.

na lie
Is this now fast becoming a case of 'how readest thou"?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2008
@ Tayo - D
Darn it! Can't put anything past you, huh? What can I say. . . you got me? Now I have to report back to base that our plan was foiled by an astute poster on Nairaland. It's not going to be easy, I'll tell you that right now. I mean 8 yrs of hard work (from when the Bush became president) gone done the drain all because we didn't put into consideration that someone out there will be able see through us. 

Well done man! Well done! If we aren't on opposite sides (we are right? Okay) I'd shake your hands right now. Oh what the heck, I'm not a sore loser. . . put it right here pardner!

Jeebus H. Christo!
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by TayoD1(m): 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2008
@Sisikill,
@ Tayo - D
Darn it! Can't put anything past you, huh? What can I say. . . you got me? Now I have to report back to base that our plan was foiled by an astute poster on Nairaland. It's not going to be easy, I'll tell you that right now. I mean 8 years of hard work (from when the Bush became president) gone done the drain all because we didn't put into consideration that someone out there will be able see through us.

Well done man! Well done! If we aren't on opposite sides (we are right? Okay) I'D shake your hands right now. Oh what the heck, I'm not a sore loser. . . put it right here pardner!

Jeebus H. Christo!
You sound like an intelligent person and I will welcome an objective debate with you that is based on facts. But if the sarcasm and profanity rocks your world, then enjoy it without me.

An e-handshake is welcome anytime. Since I'm in such a good mood after Sarah Palin's roof bursting address yesterday, I will not engage in any rofo-rofo fight with you.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Bastage: 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2008
I fear for America.

If Mcain wins, one step away from the presidency is a woman who believes that the Earth is only 6000 years old, that rape and incest victims should be forced to give birth, that war is directed by God and that sex education for children should be forbidden (even though her unmarried 17 year old is pregnant).

The woman is clearly nuts. The only people more nuts would be those that vote for her.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2008
Bastage:

I fear for America.

If Mcain wins, one step away from the presidency is a woman who believes that the Earth is only 6000 years old, that rape and incest victims should be forced to give birth, that war is directed by God and that sex education for children should be forbidden (even though her unmarried 17 year old is pregnant).

The woman is clearly nuts. The only people more nuts would be those that vote for her.

She is nuts for believing all these things? People like her live and work all across America daily with not a single issue with their neighbors and you think she is bad for America? Simply because she does not believe the earth is not 6000 years old and all the other claims you make, you believe she should not make it?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by JeSoul(f): 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Sisikill,You sound like an intelligent person and I will welcome an objective debate with you that is based on facts. But if the sarcasm and profanity rocks your world, then enjoy it without me.

An e-handshake is welcome anytime. Since I'm in such a good mood after Sarah Palin's roof bursting address yesterday, I will not engage in any rofo-rofo fight with you.
grin grin grin grin You're not the only one brotha! You shoulda seen the huge smile on my face. Talk about coming out swinging! The lefties are fighting hard to discredit and ruin her cos they know she's a huge threat to their agenda and a future/current star of the Republican party and everyday americans.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by JeSoul(f): 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

She is nuts for believing all these things? People like her live and work all across America daily with not a single issue with their neighbors and you think she is bad for America? Simply because she does not believe the earth is not 6000 years old and all the other claims you make, you believe she should not make it?
I wonder oh! Any reasonable person will look at her track record and history and be impressed with what she's accomplished and how well she's beloved in her home state. But an Obamaniac will not becos he/she is usually not familiar with common sense or reason.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Bastage: 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2008
She is nuts for believing all these things? People like her live and work all across America daily with not a single issue with their neighbors and you think she is bad for America?

Yes. Totally nuts. Denial of Evolution is for fruit-cakes. If one has so tenuous a grip on reality, how can one be expected to make sane policy decisions. You don't think a belief that the Earth was created in 7 days, 6000 years ago qualifies her as a balanced person, do you? It's denial of truth. If she's prepared to deny something so huge what chance does every other policy have? Her first act will probably be to send the US to the Moon again so that they can bring back some cheese. Nuts.

Rape and incest victims should be forced to have the babies? What right does she have to tell a 14 year old who has been raped by her uncle that she has to become a mother? Yes. Nuts.

As for people like her not having issues? These are the same people who voted for Bush and look what he has done to America's reputation throughout the world. I would counter the claim that they don't have "issues".
Even so, those people are not in a postition where they could possibly be in the highest political office on this Earth making decisions that affect the lives of billions.

If she wants to "make it". Let her "make it" where she can't do so much damage. I don't give a crap about Democrats or Republicans. I only care that the person making the decisions has a modicum of sanity.

@Jesoul.
Any reasonable person would realise that being governor of Alaska does not automatically qualify one to command the most powerful nation on Earth.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Sisikill,You sound like an intelligent person and I will welcome an objective debate with you that is based on facts. But if the sarcasm and profanity rocks your world, then enjoy it without me.

Rotflmao! Now I know I am missing something. Profanity? Profanity? Sarcasm I get but profanity? Please help me out here (for future purposes) what and where is the profanity?

I never came here to engage in any roforofo fight, I came here to state what I believe (which I still believe). . . just as you are, you took me to task by reading something else into my posts, I tried to correct you but you refused to see it and I left it at that.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by JeSoul(f): 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2008
Bastage:

@Jesoul.
Any reasonable person would realise that being governor of Alaska does not automatically qualify one to command the most powerful nation on Earth.
correction: Last I checked Palin is running as VP not president.
and since that is your position you must also agree that:
any reasonable person would realise that[b] being a community organizer [/b] does not automatically qualify one to command the most powerful nation on Earth.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2008
Sigh!!!  And some wonder why I intentionally skip some posts. What point is it responding to that response there? Where do I even start?? sad embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Bastage: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2008
*sigh*

How old is McCain? If he is voted into office she is one failed heartbeat away from being President. Voting for McCain, one is also voting for the distinct possibility that one is also voting for Palin to replace him.
McCain is 72 years old. The average age of a US male is 76. If he follows the law of averages, he will not see out his term of office. And let's not even go near the fact that he has already had health issues.

Don't kid yourself that she's just a VP (potentially).
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by TayoD1(m): 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2008
@Sisikill,

Rotflmao! Now I know I am missing something. Profanity? Profanity? Sarcasm I get but profanity? Please help me out here (for future purposes) what and where is the profanity?
What is your take on the "Jeebus H. Christo!"? Isn't that saying Jesus H. Christo which amongst other things is used as profanity? Consider this article in wikipedia: Jesus H. Christ is an example of slang serving as a mild profanity.[1] The expression can be used in an angry, wry, sarcastic, cynical, exasperated, or even joking tone. The expression implies that the Christ is a surname rather than a title (Christ comes from the Greek christos meaning "anointed."wink - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_H._Christ

I never came here to engage in any roforofo fight, I came here to state what I believe (which I still believe). . . just as you are, you took me to task by reading something else into my posts, I tried to correct you but you refused to see it and I left it at that.
I don't have a problem with you expressing your views. The only time I took issue was when you tried to make us believe your comments were purely out of concern for the girl. I pointed out the fact that if that was the case, I would have expected you to include not just her mother, but her father as well as the boys parents in the debate. Putting the blame squarely on the shoulders on Sarah Palin suggests this is nothing but a political witch-hunt. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is the impression you created.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by JeSoul(f): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2008
Bastage you didn't respond to this:

JeSoul:

and since that is your position you must also agree that:
any reasonable person would realise that[b] being a community organizer [/b] does not automatically qualify one to command the most powerful nation on Earth.

Bastage:

*sigh*
How old is McCain? If he is voted into office she is one failed heartbeat away from being President. Voting for McCain, one is also voting for the distinct possibility that one is also voting for Palin to replace him.
McCain is 72 years old. The average age of a US male is 76. If he follows the law of averages, he will not see out his term of office. And let's not even go near the fact that he has already had health issues.

*Recycled Democratic talking points*
I see n understand your whole comment BUT you're just "speculating" on the "possibility" McCain "might" kick the bucket. Are there any real solid facts in your barage of 'potentials'?

Alls Jesoul knows is as of Sep 4th, 11:58 am Palin is running for VP of the USA. And even so she has noticeably more experience than a certain community organizer at the top of the Dem ticket.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by TayoD1(m): 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2008
@Bastage,

Did you watch the TV address by palin yesterday? If you did, you would have spotted McCains Mama in the crowd. Doesn't that tell you the guy is more likely to be around for the next decade than he isn't? This won't be the first time the guy gets counted out and always, he will make a great comeback.

Let's just assume that he kicks the bucket as you so anticipates. The mantle of leadereship will fall on the shoulders of Palin. This is a woman who is more experienced and has accomplished more in power than Obama has.

She's definitely running for the VP post. You guys do yourself a great disservice by beaming the light on Palin's experience. The fact is that she's got more than the Democratic Presidential alternative.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Queenisha: 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2008
all you folks going goo goo and gaa gaa over Sarah
wait till the Ethics committee in her homestate finishes their investigation on her alledged misconduct.
The woman has too much baggage  and no shame.
why on earth did McCain pick a woman with this many issues?
It was very irresponsible of her to have accepted this nomination with her house on fire.
exposing her family and underaged children to this sort of ridicule
Her knocked up daughter,her affairs,her ethics violation,the scandal over who actually gave birth to Trig, her dipping into state funds to pay for a lawyer,former membership to a separatist party,
ah ah
one woman ,24 scandals.
Knowing all this,she should have quietly declined the nomination and led her quiet life in faraway Alaska  with her Eskimo man and no one would have ever known who she is.
The stories just began.

What an irresponsible mother and wife.
Irresponsible not because her daughter got knocked up but because she refused to act like most responsible mothers would do in such circumstance
i.e not expose their children to public ridicule.
I have absolutely no high regards for such a woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imagine Being In Traffic For 13 Days! / Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress / Nigerian Nurse Says The Bible Forbids Women From Wearing Trousers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.