Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,975 members, 7,855,958 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 12:01 PM

Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant (6021 Views)

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by darfur(m): 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2008
just for the records, i feel very uncomfortable when people talk about McCain's age in terms of life expectancy. how can people discuss if and when someone dies. while i loathe the republicans (i hate hillary clinton more though) i still do believe that they are human beings and as such it would be inhuman to discuss their death.

nobody knows tomorow. anyone can die anytime. age notwithstanding. and on a personal note,McCain is my father's age (may be why he supports him. dont care) and i cant imagine someone discussing my dad's death even in the next ten yrs. after all, who could tell that ohio congresswoman(and strong hillary supporter)  would die b4 the convention.

mccain is not about to die, he will live, but his party is what i have a stress with. and not him. if obama wins, i'll strongly consider coming to america cheesy
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Bastage: 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2008
Bastage you didn't respond to this:

Quote from: JeSoul on Today at 04:19:15 PM
and since that is your position you must also agree that:
any reasonable person would realise that being a community organizer does not automatically qualify one to command the most powerful nation on Earth.

I didn't respond to it because it's irrelevent.

If you'D bothered to read my words, you'D see that I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican. I merely responded to your post stating that as a Governor of Alaska, Palin is qualified for the office she seeks.
For the record, I think Obama is a weak pick as well, but I see him as the lesser of two evils. My concern is how the rest of the World will be impacted by Palin or Obama and Palin is definitely the weaker of the two.

Of course, in your blind zeal to defend Palin, you totally overlooked this point.

As for "potentials". That's got to be one of the weakest arguments I've seen. The whole of life is based around potentials and I gave you an average that gives a good summary of the "potentials".
"We" "can" "all" "put" "things" "in" "apostrophes" "but" "that" "doesn't" "lend" "your" "defence" "any" "more" "credence".

Tayo-D. Another one who doesn't read and yet you even quoted my words.

Don't kid yourself that she's just a VP (potentially).

She is running for the VP position and therefore she is potentially a VP. Get it?
As for the rest of your post? His mother being old means nothing if his health is poor. I've known guys whose mothers are in their 90s yet they've still punched the clock in their 60s.
As for the rest of the Obama statement - ditto to what I replied to JeSoul. i.e: I don't give a shit about Obama, but Palin is an idiot.

@darfur. Age is certainly relevent as is health. Some people are more likely to die than others whatever your sensitivities over the issue.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by darfur(m): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2008
it makes me sick to see/hear people discuss his possible death. seriously.
somebody even once asked him directly during the primaries about the issue of him dying in office. imagine.
the guy will live. hoha.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by TayoD1(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2008
@Queenisha,

all you folks going goo goo and gaa gaa over Sarah wait till the Ethics committee in her homestate finishes their investigation on her alledged misconduct.
Maybe you should also wait till the investigation is concluded before you condemn her. I assume that you are no hypocrite and that you also think the advice you give others are relevatn to you as well.

The woman has too much baggage  and no shame.
Tell me who doesn't have any baggage. Is it the Clintons or the Obamas? From sexual misconducts to associations with Terrorists who bankroll their purchase of houses. And by the way, every family have their baggage.

why on earth did McCain pick a woman with this many issues?
The issues are only a figment of your imagination. There is absolutely no issue here but a record of achievement that Obama can never match.

I
t was very irresponsible of her to have accepted this nomination with her house on fire.
exposing her family and underaged children to this sort of ridicule
Her family is not on fire at all. Did you see them at the convention? This is evidently a close knit family who are standing by their daughter.

Her knocked up daughter,her affairs,her ethics violation,the scandal over who actually gave birth to Trig, her dipping into state funds to pay for a lawyer. ah ah one woman ,24 scandals.
Her knocked-up adult daughter's pregnancy is none of your business. What affair are you alluding to? She's married to her High School sweetheart for 20 years now. The scandal about the child is nothing but a figment of your imagination. paying for a lawyer to defend the Governor is pretty standard. You are just trying to cook up bacon when all you have is chicken.

Knowing all this,she should have quietly declined the nomination and led her quiet life in faraway Alaska  with her Eskimo man and no one would have ever known who she is. The stories just began.
If she was the coward you are encouraging her to be, she wouldn't have achieved was she's done in alaka so far.

What an irresponsible mother and wife.
Your personal attacks on her doesn't potray you as responsible.

Irresponsible not because her daughter got knocked up but because she refused to act like most responsible mothers would do in such circumstance i.e not expose their children to public ridicule.
So she is to blame for the adults who are attacking her daughter. Your logic beats me totally. You are making her responsible for the actions of other adults! Direct your anger at the people who are attacking the girl and not her mother who is standing by her daughter.

I have absolutely no high regards for such a woman
Believe me, the people who regard her won't even show you face.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Queenisha: 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Queenisha,
Maybe you should also wait till the investigation is concluded before you condemn her. I assume that you are no hypocrite and that you also think the advice you give others are relevatn to you as well.
Tell me who doesn't have any baggage. Is it the Clintons or the Obamas? From sexual misconducts to associations with Terrorists who bankroll their purchase of houses. And by the way, every family have their baggage.
The issues are only a figment of your imagination. There is absolutely no issue here but a record of achievement that Obama can never match.

IHer family is not on fire at all. Did you see them at the convention? This is evidently a close knit family who are standing by their daughter.
Her knocked-up adult daughter's pregnancy is none of your business. What affair are you alluding to? She's married to her High School sweetheart for 20 years now. The scandal about the child is nothing but a figment of your imagination. paying for a lawyer to defend the Governor is pretty standard. You are just trying to cook up bacon when all you have is chicken.
If she was the coward you are encouraging her to be, she wouldn't have achieved was she's done in alaka so far.
Your personal attacks on her doesn't potray you as responsible.
So she is to blame for the adults who are attacking her daughter. Your logic beats me totally. You are making her responsible for the actions of other adults! Direct your anger at the people who are attacking the girl and not her mother who is standing by her daughter.
Believe me, the people who regard her won't even show you face.

yes she brought the dirty laundry to the open by accepting that nomination knowing she needed to hunker down like any responsible mother will do.
I am not in anyway angry
The word is "utterly disgusted"
Even Republican strategists in unguarded moments see what we all see.
she didn't have to stand by her daughter in a public arena.
She didn't need to be there in the first place.
Teen pregnancy is still a thing of shame and should be more so to an ultraconservative like she parades herself to be
I also happen to belong there in most issues.
We don't have to glorify it in any way
what picture are we sending to our teenage girls?
Britney Spears sister had a baby at 16, Sheniqua down in the projects had her twins at 15,
Look even the VPs daughter paraded her stomach and turgid breasts on the stage at 17 clutched to her boyfriend.

What a wonderful world we live in.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2008
This is Just SEXISM in broad day light, nothing more!!
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Queenisha: 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Call it what you may.
sexism,pregism
na you sabi
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Hannibal: 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

U couldn't have spewed that better!!
It reeks of sexism to the core.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2008
Queenisha:

what picture are we sending to our teenage girls?
Britney Spears sister had a baby at 16, Sheniqua down in the projects had her twins at 15,
Look even the VPs daughter paraded her stomach and turgid breasts on the stage at 17 clutched to her boyfriend.

take a look at this video of Jon Steward showing how Repubs talk from both sides of their mouths on the same issues.
Enjoy the hypocrisy.

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/cc_insider/2008/09/jon-stewart-ann.html

summary:
- britney spear sisters' preg at 16 should be blamed on her parents. but not  Bristol,  (from O'reilly)
- Palin is for VP qualified as a former mayor of 9,000 people, but not one of the Dems shortlisted VP candidates who was a mayor of 200,000 people ( by Carl Rove).
- The media is sexist against Palin, but months ago Hilary was expected to stop whining that the "boys were picking on her" (Dick and Nancy whatever).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress / Nigerian Nurse Says The Bible Forbids Women From Wearing Trousers / Donald Trump Beg Americans To Turn Back To God As He Takes The Lead [pohotos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.