Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:14 AM

Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant (6015 Views)

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by tpia: 7:22pm On Sep 02, 2008
agaba123:

In your post I guess you were saying that palin is different from her daughter. If so then Obama is far different from Wright.
If you insist that his association with Wright means they share the same value, it means that the little girl growing up under the supervision of her mother was only expressing what her mother thought. If not it means the mother was not a good mother.

are you comparing the actions of a 17 year old girl to a 40 or 50 something year old man?

unless Obama's parents were the ones who took him to Wright's church for 20 odd years, I seriously dont see a connection here.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2008
I am not saying they should get married, in fact I'm hoping for his sake they don't get married. I just think it is unfair to demean the person he is or will be because of some childish writings on the web.

I find it hard pressed patting Sarah Palin on the back for "doing the right thing" for her child because to me, this is not the right thing. The right thing would have been not putting her child in this position in the very place. They said they knew she was pregnant before she accepted the offer. . . is she really that deluded to believe this won't matter or is Alaska really that far away from reality?

Jamie Lynn Spears whose mother was only going to right a book about bringing up daughters. . . not running for VP of a freaking nation, got so much crap thrown at her, I swear if I had the means, I would have whisked her away to Kawo, Kaduna for reprieve, not to talk of the daughter of a candidate running for VP. She has caused the poor girl who is probably already sick and scared from being pregnant unnecessary stress. Is it worth it?

My issue has absolutely nothing to do with politics, it is about parenting. Period
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2008
agaba123:

In your post I guess you were saying that palin is different from her daughter. If so then Obama is far different from Wright.
If you insist that his association with Wright means they share the same value, it means that the little girl growing up under the supervision of her mother was only expressing what her mother thought. If not it means the mother was not a good mother.

OLODUMARE O!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by agaba123(m): 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2008
tpia:

are you comparing the actions of a 17 year old girl to a 40 or 50 something year old man?

unless Obama's parents were the ones who took him to Wright's church for 20 odd years, I seriously don't see a connection here.
Well my posts are based on kobo's statement on quote
From your posts, it seems you do not see the line where PALIN ends and her daughter’s life begins. How do you expect to argue rightly when you can not see that Palin’s daughter is a whole different human being and is responsible for her own actions based on her own beliefs? For all we know she might feel lik . . .

He said she is an individual responsible for her own action. Hope it makes sensen to you.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by blackspade(m): 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2008
tpia:

so you want to bust a vein over a picture someone posted on the web? You were there when the picture was taken, so you know exactly how when and why it happened?

so to you, a pregnant woman always has a humungous 80 lb tummy which should even hinder all movement?

geez- Obama drizzle has turned people into automatons.
There are numerous pictures with Governor Palin in them, that point out she may not have been pregnant at the time she would have been. Studies have also shown that the vast majority of women over 35 start to show signs of pregnancy BEFORE and not AFTER, but for her case, she was never shown to be pregnant. Also, this past week, all pictures of Gov. Palin from this past year have been removed from the Alaska state government site. So, if you can state a counter claim or any proof that this woman WAS pregnant at all this year, then I may consider not judging the rest of your posts as NULL.

My fellow Nairalanders, do you think this woman looks 7-months pregnant? grin

Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2008
Sisikill:

I am not saying they should get married, in fact I'm hoping for his sake they don't get married. I just think it is unfair to demean the person he is or will be because of some childish writings on the web.

I find it hard pressed to pat Sarah Palin on the back for "doing the right thing" for her child because to me, this is not the right thing. The right thing would have been not putting her child in this position in the very place.

Now are we not running away with ourselves when we say that PALIN is FORCING the girl to marry the boy or that PALIN FORCED the girl not to get an ABORTION because of her(PALINs) own belief here. there is no such report to show that this is all PALIN and not the daughter and her boyfriend willing to get married. There are so millions of Americans today who got married after discovering they were expecting. Majority when they were teenagers.

Sisikill:

They said they knew she was pregnant before she accepted the offer. . . is she really that deluded to believe this won't matter or is Alaska really that far away from reality?

I mean she did feel the need to announce it and let people deal with it. Now, I am not saying I would do the same thing but I don’t believe if I were to put myself in the gals shoes, I would live happy knowing that I was the reason why my mother lost her chance at being VP of America. It is a tough call and we do not know at this time what went on behind closed doors with the family, to say that the girl herself did not say MOM, PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT THEY WILL SAY ABOUT ME; I AM WILLING TO DEAL WITH IT … or something of that sort.

Sisikill:

Jamie Lynn Spears whose mother was only going to right a book about bringing up daughters. . . not running for VP of a freaking nation, got so much crap thrown at her, I swear if I had the means, I would have whisked her away to Kawo, Kaduna for reprieve, not to talk of the daughter of a candidate running for VP. She has caused the poor girl who is probably already sick and scared from being pregnant unnecessary stress. Is it worth it?

My issue has absolutely nothing to do with politics, it is about parenting. Period

I am not sure any of the above is based on fact either.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by blackspade(m): 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2008
And tpia, What Reverend Wright was saying was absolute TRUTH! Only White America gets offended by those comments because they know everything he has said was TRUTH. White America knows how Black Americans have been treated in the past, they feel threatened by the truth, that's the only reason why a controversy ensued. As a Nigerian in America, I applauded Reverend Wright's speech, because I know a lot about Black History, historical and modern, he had a lot of points that many Americans didn't hear, all they hear was "GOD DAMN AMERICA", which was entirely taken out of context. wink
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Sep 02, 2008
blackspade:

And tpia, What Reverend Wright was saying was absolute TRUTH! Only White America gets offended by those comments because they know everything he has said was TRUTH. White America knows how Black Americans have been treated in the past, they feel threatened by the truth, that's the only reason why a controversy ensued. As a Nigerian in America, I applauded Reverend Wright's speech, because I know a lot about Black History, historical and modern, he had a lot of points that many Americans didn't hear, all they hear was "GOD DAMN AMERICA", which was entirely taken out of context. wink

Only White America was offended by Rev. Wrights words? ROFLMAO!!! By the way, do you live in America or are you one of those who sits somewhere in Nigeria eg. Ajegunle, telling everyone in America how Americans think and who Americans should vote for?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by tpia: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2008
blackspade:

There are numerous pictures with Governor Palin in them, that point out she may not have been pregnant at the time she would have been. Studies have also shown that the vast majority of women over 35 start to show signs of pregnancy BEFORE and not AFTER, but for her case, she was never shown to be pregnant. Also, this past week, all pictures of Gov. Palin from this past year have been removed from the Alaska state government site. So, if you can state a counter claim or any proof that this woman WAS pregnant at all this year, then I may consider not judging the rest of your posts as NULL.

My fellow Nairalanders, do you think this woman looks 7-months pregnant? grin

so your reason for assuming this woman wasnt pregnant is based on this picture dated when?

How old are you by the way? You sound like a teenager yourself, though Obama mentality has reduced most of his followers to that level.

and which studies are you quoting here? Does what you're saying make sense to you?

blackspade:

oh brother.

Just call yourself Obama zombie and lets move on. smiley
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by blackspade(m): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2008
tpia:

so your reason for assuming this woman wasnt pregnant is based on this picture dated when?

How old are you by the way? You sound like a teenager yourself, though Obama mentality has reduced most of his followers to that level.

and which studies are you quoting here? Does what you're saying make sense to you?

oh brother.

Just call yourself Obama zombie and lets move on. smiley
I'm 20 years old! wink And this picture was dated in February, 2008 in which time she should have been 7 months pregnant wink If you can find any evidence supporting the fact she was pregnant, then you can critique my findings, if not, you cannot criticize me, because you can't support your argument. tongue

Also, I say again, only White America got offended by what Revrend Wright said, because only White America gets scared when a BLACK MAN knows the truth of what's happening to his people.

Signs of pregnancy in women over 40. Why don't you read it for yourself, I'm not your teacher.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by tpia: 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2008
blackspade:

I'm 20 years old! wink And this picture was dated in February, 2008 in which time she should have been 7 months pregnant wink If you can find any evidence supporting the fact she was pregnant, then you can critique my findings, if not, you cannot criticize me, because you can't support your argument. tongue

Also, I say again, only White America got offended by what Revrend Wright said, because only White America gets scared when a BLACK MAN knows the truth of what's happening to his people.

Signs of pregnancy in women over 40. Why don't you read it for yourself, I'm not your teacher.

was this picture personally taken by you in Feb 2008? Or are you basing your assumptions on what someone said?

You're 20?

Like I said, Obama mentality reduces people to a teenage mindset.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Now are we not running away with ourselves when we say that PALIN is FORCING the girl to marry the boy or that PALIN FORCED the girl not to get an ABORTION because of her(PALINs) own belief here. there is no such report to show that this is all PALIN and not the daughter and her boyfriend willing to get married. There are so millions of Americans today who got married after discovering they were expecting. Majority when they were teenagers.

I mean she did feel the need to announce it and let people deal with it. Now, I am not saying I would do the same thing but I don’t believe if I were to put myself in the gals shoes, I would live happy knowing that I was the reason why my mother lost her chance at being VP of America. It is a tough call and we do not know at this time what went on behind closed doors with the family, to say that the girl herself did not say MOM, PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT THEY WILL SAY ABOUT ME; I AM WILLING TO DEAL WITH IT … or something of that sort.

I am not sure any of the above is based on fact either.

Aren't we also running away with ourselves assuming two 17yrs olds can't be forced by into getting married, especially with the whole nation watching? It's hard enough having a voice you are a teenager in a normal situation, not to talk of something as huge as this.

It's nice that you put yourself in the girl's shoes, I have chosen to put myself in the mother's shoes and I don’t think I would be happy watching my daughter’s life being trashed by judgmental idiots, every normal thing she’s ever done, magnified to unbelievable proportions, just because I want to be VP. It was an unfair thing to do with to the child and you are raising the very good point of looking at Palin and her daughter as two separate individuals, makes this even more so. If Palin can’t be blamed for the choices her daughter made, why should the daughter suffer because of her mother’s choices? Yes we do not know what is happening behind closed doors to say the girl didn't think she had a choice in the matter because. . . after all, thinking about herself might ruin her mother chance of becomng VP.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by saying "the above is not based on facts" because the way I see it, none of what is being said here is based on facts. As an outsider, there are two ways to looking at things. . .

1) The everything is Peechy Keen, Aww Shucks mom, it's really neat of you to think about me but I'll be fine, go ahead and run for VP and I will stand by you no matter what" way.

2) The everything is Colossal disaster, Why are you forcing me to do this? You are only thinking about yourself and career, not what you will put me through" way.

The truth lies in somewhere in between and it is pointless to challenge people because they do not see things in your peachy keen way and vice-versa.

I'll say it again, I find it hard pressed patting Sarah Palin on the back because I don't think she did right thrusting her daughter in limelight like this. The latest dirt that has been dug up on this poor pregnant 17 yrs old are pictures where she is supposedly drunk. Whether it is true or not that she was drunk, is not the point, nobody needs this kind of stress, no pregnant 17yrs old needs this kind of stress. So forgive me if I'm not lining up to shake Sarah Palin's hands and saying "Well done. You did the right thing"
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by blackspade(m): 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2008
tpia:

was this picture personally taken by you in Feb 2008? Or are you basing your assumptions on what someone said?

You're 20?

Were you there? Short response, NO. I didn't have to be there, because any idiot (with the exception of you) can read a date of FEBRUARY 2008. And, this photo was retrieved from the Official site Government of Alaska, but suspiciously it was taken down 2 days ago. Can you at lease explain that, because you haven't been able to explain anything yet. grin

Yes I'm 20, do you need evidence?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2008
Sisikill:

Aren't we also running away with ourselves assuming two 17yrs olds can't be forced by into getting married, especially with the whole nation watching? It's hard enough having a voice you are a teenager in a normal situation, not to talk of something as huge as this.

Well, I am not the one assuming they were forced or not forced. What I am saying here is WE DO NOT KNOW SO WE CAN NOT MAKE THAT CLAIM at this time. We can not make an argument for them being forced cause WE DO NOT KNOW.

Sisikill:

It's nice that you put yourself in the girl's shoes, I have chosen to put myself in the mother's shoes and I don’t think I would be happy watching my daughter’s life being trashed by judgmental idiots, every normal thing she’s ever done, magnified to unbelievable proportions, just because I want to be VP. It was an unfair thing to do with to the child and you are raising the very good point of looking at Palin and her daughter as two separate individuals, makes this even more so.

Well, I have a sister and we went through the same sort of situation some years ago (we were not running for VP though). I would say my mum is an evangelical and she had to deal with people condemning her as not being a good enough mother because my sister got pregnant out of wedlock. My mother had to go ahead with her plans to continue pursuing her career and we would not have had it any other way as my sister was already 17 and old enough to not need my mother around every minute to take care of her. Most 17 year olds I know are already out of their mother’s house and living on their own.

Sisikill:

If Palin can’t be blamed for the choices her daughter made, why should the daughter suffer because of her mother’s choices? Yes we do not know what is happening behind closed doors to say the girl didn't think she had a choice in the matter because. . . after all, thinking about herself might ruin her mother chance of becomng VP.

Again, you are assuming here that her daughter is SUFFERING because of her mother’s choice. I mean here we are talking of a woman who was already GOVERNOR of Alaska. Do you really think that if Palin was not running for VP, this news would have not made the news? We are also assuming that the daughter was not consulted before the final decision was made.

Sisikill:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by saying "the above is not based on facts" because the way I see it, none of what is being said here is based on facts. As an outsider, there are two ways to looking at things. . .

1) The everything is Peechy Keen, Aww Shucks mom, it's really neat of you to think about me but I'll be fine, go ahead and run for VP and I will stand by you no matter what" way.

2) The everything is Colossal disaster, Why are you forcing me to do this? You are only thinking about yourself and career, not what you will put me through" way.

Sisikill:

The truth lies in somewhere in between and it is pointless to challenge people because they do not see things in your peachy keen way and vice-versa.

I'll say it again, I find it hard pressed patting Sarah Palin on the back because I don't think she did right thrusting her daughter in limelight like this. The latest dirt that has been dug up on this poor pregnant 17 years old are pictures where she is supposedly drunk. Whether it is true or not that she was drunk, is not the point, nobody needs this kind of stress, no pregnant 17yrs old needs this kind of stress. So forgive me if I'm not lining up to shake Sarah Palin's hands and saying "Well done. You did the right thing"

She was already GOVERNOR OF ALASKA, the controversial ABSTINANCE  AND PRO-LIFE STATE. She was already in the lime-light when she got pregnant. I don’t know what is peachy is telling you it could be one of the two and since we do not have facts, all we have are assumptions here. Never asked you to VOTE Palin or Shake her hand. Matter of fact, this has not been about Palin but about being able to accept that teenagers will always be teenagers regardless of who their parents be.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by darfur(m): 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2008
tpia:

obamaphobia reduces people to infantile mentality tongue
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2008
Okay, I guess this is where we bring our personal experience into it to show we’re not talking for talking sakes

Well, I am not the one assuming they were forced or not forced. What I am saying here is WE DO NOT KNOW SO WE CAN NOT MAKE THAT CLAIM at this time. We can not make an argument for them being forced cause WE DO NOT KNOW.

I said for HIS sake, I hope they don’t get married. I don’t know this 17-18 yr old boy but I know a lot of 17 -18 yrs old boy. I live with a 17 yrs old boy, I head a youth group that includes 17 yrs old boys. I started off as a teen in the program and worked my way up.  In the 7 yrs time I’ve been with that group, I’ve had contact over 100 17-18 yrs old boys ( a small number compared to the national total? Without a doubt but it does not take away from what I’ve come to know about boy in this age group). Let me also add that these boys come from different walks of life and except the very few who were forced to grow up faster than they should have (single parents, wards of the states, children living with foster parents) majority of these boys are just babies themselves. It is a known fact that Girls mature faster than the male counterparts and while Palin’s daughter maybe mentally prepared for marriage, based on my experience with them and from reading this boy’s myspace page, I can safely the chances of a 17 yrs. . . this 17yrs old is ready for marriage is very slim.

Again, you are assuming here that her daughter is SUFFERING because of her mother’s choice. I mean here we are talking of a woman who was already GOVERNOR of Alaska. Do you really think that if Palin was not running for VP, this news would have not made the news? We are also assuming that the daughter was not consulted before the final decision was made.

It is just common sense to know that no one, especially a teenager. . . except one who is a masochist, will enjoy being the focus of a national witch-hunt, having their lives dissected, their every move followed, judge & condemned,  called names by internet bullies and being used a pawn in a political game. Of course I’m willing to leave room for the possibility that Bristol Palin is not your average mere mortal teenager

Well, I have a sister and we went through the same sort of situation some years ago (we were not running for VP though). I would say my mum is an evangelical and she had to deal with people condemning her as not being a good enough mother because my sister got pregnant out of wedlock. My mother had to go ahead with her plans to continue pursuing her career and we would not have had it any other way as my sister was already 17 and old enough to not need my mother around every minute to take care of her. Most 17 year olds I know are already out of their mother’s house and living on their own.

Your mother was not running for VP though. . . your words and I will just leave it at that.

She was already GOVERNOR OF ALASKA, the controversial ABSTINANCE  AND PRO-LIFE STATE. She was already in the lime-light when she got pregnant. I don’t know what is peachy is telling you it could be one of the two and since we do not have facts, all we have are assumptions here. Never asked you to VOTE Palin or Shake her hand. Matter of fact, this has not been about Palin but about being able to accept that teenagers will always be teenagers regardless of who their parents be.

I don’t know how to respond to this part of your post. That you are comparing the lime-light from being Governor of Alaska to that of running of vice-president of the United States, leave me utterly speechless.

When McCain picked Palin, people (both democrats and Republicans) were surprised for one reason. . . she is relatively unknown. In less than 24hrs hours, she topped both yahoo and google searches. Whatever press this would have gotten them had she remained Governor cannot. . . NOT be compared to what they are getting now.

I never said you asked me to vote or shake her hands because quite frankly, you are in no position to do that. My last sentence was to reiterate where I stand, I didn’t think it would be taken literally.

If I had to pick between keeping my child away from the vultures who call themselves the American Press or advancing my career, the latter won’t even be in the running. This is the choice most mothers I know will make.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by RichyBlacK(m): 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2008
[size=24pt]McBush has lost![/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by blackspade(m): 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2008
^ Do you really live in Mogadishu! shocked
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 12:12am On Sep 03, 2008
You know America is going down the crapper when Lindsey Lohan starts making little sense.

Lindsay Lohan Calls Bristol Palin Teen Pregnancy "Distracting"

I’ve been watching the news all morning, like everyone else - and I keep hearing about the issues related to ‘teen pregnancy’- It’s all related to Sarah Palin and her 17-year-old unmarried pregnant daughter. Well, I think the real problem comes from the fact that we are taking the focus off of getting to know Sarah Palin and her political views, and what she can do to make our country a less destructive place. Its distracting from the real issues, the real everyday problems that this country experiences.

“I am concerned with the fact that Sarah Palin brought the attention to her daughter’s pregnancy, rather than all world issues and what she believes she could possibly do to change them-if elected. I get Sarah Palin’s views against abortion, but i would much prefer to hear more about what she can do for our country rather than how her daughter is going to have a child no matter what. Maybe focus on delivering some words and policy with stronger impact like Joe Biden.”

On another note-the last note- i heard a woman say on TODAY on NBC that teens are feeling as if they have to grow up faster. Really? Because, i think that girls that are CHOOSING to be sexually active and are making a conscious decision to grow up faster,  I think that parents need to recognize how important it is to talk to their children about the things that can result from being sexually active if they aren't protecting themselves (birth control, condoms, etc.)

Get your affairs in order, pay your debts, Kiss you loved. . . the world is coming to an end!
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by bawomolo(m): 12:41am On Sep 03, 2008
unfortunately, facts prove otherwise.

can u show facts that show a combination of birth control pills, condoms, a woman knowing her ovulation period isn't an effective way of preventing pregnancies. 

Do all these preventative methods deal with the social and emotional baggage that accompanies liberal sex culture?

first and foremost, what liberal sex culture.  liberalism is basically a freedom of choice and expression.  the social and emotional baggage involved in sex is something that should be discussed with parents and school counselors. 

Abstinence is still the best way to deal with teenage pregnancies and STDs.

yeah for those who have absolute control over their hormones and emotions. it hasn't worked so in the bible belt
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by KarmaMod(f): 1:58am On Sep 03, 2008
Na only pregnancy?

Let's talk about the fact that she's a boozehead

Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by KarmaMod(f): 1:59am On Sep 03, 2008
Isnt the lawful drinking age 21 anymore?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by bawomolo(m): 2:03am On Sep 03, 2008
mind ur business, it's nothing but cranberry juice preserved in a captain morgan bottle
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by blackspade(m): 2:05am On Sep 03, 2008
It's so easy for underaged kids in America to get alcohol. They merely just ask an older person for them to buy it, then they have it.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by KarmaMod(f): 2:09am On Sep 03, 2008
blackspade:

It's so easy for underaged kids in America to get alcohol. They merely just ask an older person for them to buy it, then they have it.

Point is Madam wannabe VP of a country where the age for drinking is 21, yet her daughter that isnt even 18 yet is running wild with alcohol

bawomolo, ori e ti buru. I assume the Corona is just bottled urine too abi?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by blackspade(m): 2:13am On Sep 03, 2008
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree, I was just pointing out how easy it is for minors to obtain alcohol. grin
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by TayoD1(m): 2:38am On Sep 03, 2008
Do not insult our intelligence. If this was all about parenting, why have we gone through 5 pages and still no mention of the girl's father? The focus is solely on Mrs Palin for one reason and one reason only - political expediency.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by TayoD1(m): 2:48am On Sep 03, 2008
@bamolowo,

first and foremost, what liberal sex culture.  liberalism is basically a freedom of choice and expression.  the social and emotional baggage involved in sex is something that should be discussed with parents and school counselors.
I laugh tire when people use the word liberalism and freedom in the same sentence; except of course they are related by the word antagonism. Liberalism thrives on mass and population control. How you can declare that it enhances and promotes freedom is beyond me. We can go into specifics if you desire.
So our schools and the media can encourage our children to be involved in indiscriminate sex with the hope that parents will carry the garbage at home? Is your idea of sex education just limited to sex? Sex education is not complete without teaching about self-control, character and selflessness, and when these topics are considered, nothing but abstinence encompases it all.   

yeah for those who have absolute control over their hormones and emotions. it hasn't worked so in the bible belt
So should we stop asking people to quit stealing just because theft is abounding each day? Your submission baffles me in no small terms. When we hand over condoms to our kids, we are in effect telling them their emotions and hormones will rule them all their lives. What is the purpose of anger management if we are all slaves to our emotions and hormones? A man of character is one who is able to master and control them and not one who is controlled by them. What kind of children are we raising?

And please be clear on one fact, we may preach absitnence and believe in it, but we are most compassionate to those who fall short. We believe in personal responsibility, and will naturally expect any one who makes a baby to nuture it and not kill it. That is where we greatly differ.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 3:11am On Sep 03, 2008
KarmaMod:

Na only pregnancy?

Let's talk about the fact that she's a boozehead

Lmao! so we are plenty. . . stealing pix from PH. I left one for you on the other thread.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by bawomolo(m): 3:46am On Sep 03, 2008
Tayo-D:

@bamolowo,
I laugh tire when people use the word liberalism and freedom in the same sentence; except of course they are related by the word antagonism. Liberalism thrives on mass and population control. How you can declare that it enhances and promotes freedom is beyond me. We can go into specifics if you desire.

social conservatives are the ones obsessed with tagging a moral value to everything.

So our schools and the media can encourage our children to be involved in indiscriminate sex with the hope that parents will carry the garbage at home?

can u provide evidence sex education classes encourage children to engage in "indiscriminate sex".  sex education promotes safe sex INCASE people get the urge to have sex.  lots of people are taught about the HPV vaccine, condoms, the reproductive system and STD and also addressing issues about MouthAction blah blah.  in the study i posted, u would find out some people thought abstinence only began to engage in MouthAction just to avoid vaginal penetration

Is your idea of sex education just limited to sex? Sex education is not complete without teaching about self-control, character and selflessness

there are gender and sexuality courses in college that deal with all these. not limited to abstinence education as u claim. i find it strange character could be defined by keeping one's virginity till marriage

So should we stop asking people to quit stealing just because theft is abounding each

yeah a criminal act is comparable to teens having sex.  one involves consent, the other doesn't. 

When we hand over condoms to our kids, we are in effect telling them their emotions and hormones will rule them all their lives.
What is the purpose of anger management if we are all slaves to our emotions and hormones? A man of character is one who is able to master and control them and not one who is controlled by them. What kind of children are we raising?
[/quote]

http://www.cfah.org/hbns/news/condom05-28-03.cfm

na wa o, who says condom availability programs in high school increases sexual activity

#  A study of New York City's school condom availability program found a significant increase in condom use among sexually active students but no increase in sexual activity.
# A World Health Organization review of studies on sexuality education found that access to counseling and contraceptive services did not encourage earlier or increased sexual activity.
# In Europe and Canada where comprehensive sexuality education and convenient, confidential access to condoms are more common, the rates of adolescent sexual intercourse are no higher than in the United States

[quote]
And please be clear on one fact, we may preach absitnence and believe in it, but we are most compassionate to those who fall short. We believe in personal responsibility, and will naturally expect any one who makes a baby to nuture it and not kill it. That is where we greatly differ.

shhhh, in roe vs wade we trust.  a woman has a right not to be burdened by a baby she doesn't want. in this case, conservatives seems to be one hell bent on population control rather than giving people a CHOICE
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 4:10am On Sep 03, 2008
Tayo-D:

Do not insult our intelligence. If this was all about parenting, why have we gone through 5 pages and still no mention of the girl's father? The focus is solely on Mrs Palin for one reason and one reason only - political expediency.

If her father was the one running for VP, thrusting his daughter into the limelight in her condition, I will say the same thing. Honestly, If isn't because I will come off as an idealistic person with her head in the clouds, I would wonder out loud why people can't run for office when their children are old enough (21+) to handle the public scrutiny that comes with it. I feel sorry for kids stuck in the middle of this cesspool called politics.

So I don't get how I'm supposed to be insulting anyone's intelligence here.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by tpia: 4:19am On Sep 03, 2008
blackspade:

Were you there? Short response,  NO. I didn't have to be there, because any idiot (with the exception of you) can read a date of FEBRUARY 2008. And, this photo was retrieved from the Official site Government of Alaska, but suspiciously it was taken down 2 days ago. Can you at lease explain that, because you haven't been able to explain anything yet.  grin

Yes I'm 20, do you need evidence? 

calling someone an idiot doesnt cover up your stupidity, sweetie.

Show us the date you took the picture you posted. grin

20 oh, 40 oh- you need a bit more mental agility than what you've been showing so far. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress / Nigerian Nurse Says The Bible Forbids Women From Wearing Trousers / Democracy The Most Rigged Political System Joe Biden Already Selected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.