Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,104 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? (8471 Views)

Obama To Reveal Isis Strategy – But Pledges 'no Iraq War' - The guardian / Obama To Host Romney Over Private Lunch / Voting Machines Altering Votes From Obama To Romney In Pennsylvania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by wariowei(m): 5:52am On Sep 04, 2008
Recently, news or better still, rumors had it that Obama's lineage has been traced down to the district of Kolokuma in Bayelsa State. The right pronunciation of his name is Obu-Ama. Hence, he's a Nigerian and that's why Nigerian want him to win. grin grin grin

Sssssshhhhhhh!!!! Dont say I told you.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by adconline(m): 6:02am On Sep 04, 2008
Kobojunkies and Co,
So supporting Obama is now racism? Thanks for the enlightenment new threshold for racism. Maybe supporting John MCain is unpatriotic or selling out.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Scopium: 8:53am On Sep 04, 2008
[size=13pt]Cuz he's the couloured[/size]
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by tbanj07(m): 9:41am On Sep 04, 2008
@ Kobojunkie,, Na FIGHT this one wey u dey ask person wetin one know, I dont care about the plans he's got for US if you must know. All I know is that I'll be happy to see him as the first Africa-American President in the States. End of Story
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by quadrillio(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2008
For me, I want Obama to win cos I want America to witness the first black president
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by nzeaji(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2008
SeanT21:

I have to agree with Kobo on this one. I just read a topic tittle " What will you do if you give birth to an oyinbo spelled wrong" and I read on The TV/MOVIES section that a guy hates it when White People act in Nigerian Films. I can not believe it. Its the same Nigerians that get all mad when the British immigration stripped them for search before entering the country but comes on here and make racist remarks. I am only saying some Nigerians,NOT ALL!!!

I am sorry to break it to ya but the year is 2008. Snap out of it!!!

Hey! hey! You'll have to agree with me that this racist thingie started with the "oyinbo" people. They are just being served a bowl of their own food. No one can help it if Nigerians love Obama. Gbam!!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by ud4u: 10:37am On Sep 04, 2008
If Obama becomes the President of America that means that racism is reducing to the barest minimum.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by moyosore: 10:46am On Sep 04, 2008
well, i strongly feel its because of the race attachment. true, Obama's victory at the election will finally liberate the black man from the slavery of whiteman prejudice that they are second or third class citizens of this God's own world. It means in the truest sense of it that "all men are created equal and have equal right". you cant blame nigerians and africans for this sentimental attachment, also the guy (obama) looks greatly like a performer and reformer that america needs.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Moves: 11:01am On Sep 04, 2008
@ Kobojunkie, have u read OBAMA autoboigraphy, Go read it, and u can understand why people of african heritage clamour for him, I dont think he will win, just seen sarah palin speech; I think he might have lost out due to political calculation though thru no fault of his, An OBAMA & Clinton ticket would have been better. There could be a thousand and one reason why nigerians will want obama to win; it is an individual thing- No right or wrong reason; And Obama has alot of qualities thats attracts. Atleast i know he is a prolific writer and orator (like JFK and our own Awolowo).
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 04, 2008
@ dem people

I agree with you,it is only in this country that we give prefential treatments to foreigners over the citizens.It pisses me off seeing those 'oyinbos' in siren blaring police cars.meaning: we should clear the way for them! as if they are better than us.why can't they remain in the 'hold up'. Even at airports where they usually embarrass Nigerians,you can imagine wetin my eyes see for Kano airport recently on my way to Lagos.There was this oyinbo couple with a heavy bag which they insisted they would not put in baggage compartment. Of course they were obliged! they made sure we all surrendered our luggages! BELLVIEW is the guilty airline.What makes them special?

Obama's victory will not put food on the table of the Nigerian masses,it will not construct good roads,it will not take away the lack of security,it will not make the pot-bellied , corrupt Nigerian politicians repent! it will not create jobs for the unemployed graduates! Why can't we just mind our business and deal with our problems as a nation.

It's okay if we are interested in happenings in our world but please enough of this Obama craze! We've discussed it severally!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by zelaws: 11:12am On Sep 04, 2008
with the fact that obama is an african nigerians will surely support him
if he wins and his policy affects our crude oil sales
then we have the time to go back to the pre oil time- agriculture
and venture into how our other resoures can generate income
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by FBS: 11:12am On Sep 04, 2008
even if I was from the moon, I would still root for Obama. I listened to his speech and had goose pimples. How many more politicians can gather such a crowd? people waited endless hours to get into the stadium and hear him speak and he did not dissappoint. Obama all the way.

Politicians will always be politicians but this guy has and edge. he does not only carry that message of hope, he lives it and shows it.

Obama 2008/2012/2016,

But meanwhile, we as Nigerians should face our own wahala and elect a "leader" to take our nation forward, maybe someonein the mold of Obama cool
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by marv4eva: 11:39am On Sep 04, 2008
[color=#006600][/color] because he is black, the Americans never want the black to rule them. they are full of racism
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 04, 2008
So i could get a free visa to america anytime i wish to travel.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Ebonyj(f): 11:59am On Sep 04, 2008
Same reason why most black people want him to win.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Ebonyj(f): 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2008
bigmodo:

So i could get a free visa to america anytime i wish to travel.

NO, no freedom to that extent o
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by JJay1(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2008
Good speeches and showbiz campaigns don't neccessarily translates to being a good president. G.W Bush Snr is a classic example. Going by antecedents, McCain is the best candidate but he runs an umimpressive campaign trail and age is not on his side in modern US politics

Let the best candidate win, but I wont be holding my breath as Naija is truly my beloved country though Queensland harbours me
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Kobojunkie: 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2008
Let us count the Honest Nigerian Votes so far

Scopium:

[size=13pt]Cuz he's the couloured[/size]
--- Because he is black

tbanj07:

@ Kobojunkie,, Na FIGHT this one wey u dey ask person wetin one know, I don't care about the plans he's got for US if you must know. All I know is that I'll be happy to see him as the first Africa-American President in the States. End of Story
--- Because he is black

quadrillio:

For me, I want Obama to win because I want America to witness the first black president
--- Because he is black

nzeaji:

Hey! hey! You'll have to agree with me that this racist thingie started with the "oyinbo" people. They are just being served a bowl of their own food. No one can help it if Nigerians love Obama. Gbam!!!
-- Because he is black, so we can use him as revenge for issues with our past by casting racist votes.

moyosore:

well, i strongly feel its because of the race attachment. true, Obama's victory at the election will finally liberate the black man from the slavery of whiteman prejudice that they are second or third class citizens of this God's own world. It means in the truest sense of it that "all men are created equal and have equal right". you can't blame nigerians and africans for this sentimental attachment, also the guy (obama) looks greatly like a performer and reformer that america needs.
-- Because he is black.

zelaws:

with the fact that obama is an african nigerians will surely support him
if he wins and his policy affects our crude oil sales
then we have the time to go back to the pre oil time- agriculture
and venture into how our other resoures can generate income
--- because he is black.
marv4eva:

[color=#006600][/color] because he is black, the Americans never want the black to rule them. they are full of racism

--- again this is about race ( color of skin )

Ebonyj:

Same reason why most black people want him to win.
--- color of skin

Need I say more
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Kobojunkie: 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2008
ud4u:

If Obama becomes the President of America that means that racism is reducing to the barest minimum.

We have had black mayors, black governor, black secretary of state, so many black people in high offices and those who claim to be victims of racism continue to point accusing fingers. Are you sure that a black president will solve the problem?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by eminemkayc: 1:41pm On Sep 04, 2008
personally want Obama to be the United States President because he's an African-American and he's about to make history as the first African-American President, So keep your fingers crossed and lets see the good work he's got, Not unlike McCain who is threading on Bush's path. Even Hillary Clinton endorses him and told her supporters to vote him the president, so this no bi racist matter oooo abeg. Let me see your hands in the air if u're for OBAMA!!!
I DON'T KNOW WHY NIGERIANS ARE ALWAYS EITHER ON THE SENTIMENTAL SIDE OF THE DIVIDE OR PROBABLY ALLOW "BIGOT GENERATED" DUST TO OBSTRUCT THEIR ABILITY TO SEE AND REASON PROPERLY!! ITS ON RECORD THAT A FORTNIGHT AGO, THE SO-CALLED CONCEITED PRESIDENTIAL HOPEFUL SAID THAT ALL NIGERIANS ARE TERRORISTS AND THAT THE COUNTRY(NIGERIA) SUPPORTS TERRORISM!! cheesy HE FURTHER MADE OBVIOUS COMMENTS REGARDING THE SO-CALLED FUND RAISING DINNER, THAT HE HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE DINNER ORGANIZED BY A FEW IGNOBLE NIGERIANS TRYING TO DISPLAY THEIR OPULENCE!! cheesy cheesy
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT IT IS PERTINENT TO STATE HERE THAT BARRACK HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO OFFER NIGERIANS, IF THATS WHAT THEY'VE BEEN HALLUCINATING ABOUT, AND AS FAR AS eminem AND i ARE CONCERNED, THE REPUBLICANS ARE SWEEPING THE POLLS COME NOVEMBER!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by sleekp1: 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Let us count the Honest Nigerian Votes so far

--- Because he is black
--- Because he is black
--- Because he is black
-- Because he is black, so we can use him as revenge for issues with our past by casting racist votes.
-- Because he is black.
--- because he is black. --- again this is about race ( color of skin )

--- color of skin Need I say more

@  Kobojunkie
But Kobo you're the most anti black on Nairaland. You not only  post on debate relating to America, you also vehemently hate any thing black in any topic that relates to  people of color.  I've got news for you, deal with your self hate my friend, we all don't hate our skin color.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by bawomolo(m): 2:52pm On Sep 04, 2008
If u havent try and get to hear him do it. He is so smooth

na smooth operator una want become presido tongue
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by MrCrackles(m): 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2008
isnt it obvious?!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Anicia(f): 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2008
most black people all over the world want Him to win NoT nessarily NIGERIANS
BY MISS TEE
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Sep 04, 2008
If you make people think they are thinking, they will love you; if you make them think, they will hate you.

--  Don Maquis
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by SeanT21(f): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

If you make people think they are thinking, they will love you; if you make them think, they will hate you.

-- Don Maquis

I do not mind you hating obama but calling him The Anti-Christ and everyone that supports him racist is Ridiculous. I personally did not want Obama to win the Primaries but Since he did I am gonna support him!!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2008
SeanT21:

I do not mind you hating obama but calling him The Anti-Christ and everyone that supports him racist is Ridiculous. I personally did not want Obama to win the Primaries but Since he did I am going to support him!!!

Simple Questions for you
==================

1) Where did I call him the Anti-Christ?

2) Where did I call all those that support him Racist?

Do you get high on making things up or something
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by SeanT21(f): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Simple Questions for you
==================

1) Where did I call him the Anti-Christ?

2) Where did I call all those that support him Racist?

Do you get high on making things up or something

"ROFLMAO!!!! @Poster, the thought crossed my religious mind once, and then I thought " Could the world be brought down by a Hollywood Megastar ?" NAH!!!!ROFLMAO!!! "

"Low self esteem is what you observe. Nigerians are mostly a racist group of people."
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2008
SeanT21:

"ROFLMAO!!!! @Poster, the thought crossed my religious mind once, and then I thought " Could the world be brought down by a Hollywood Megastar ?" NAH!!!!ROFLMAO!!! "

"Low self esteem is what you observe. Nigerians are mostly a racist group of people."

Do you read or you are just ready to stone any one who does not agree with you on issues . How does the above mean same with what you accused me of? How??
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Hardballer(m): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2008
i think some think immigration laws will loosen up  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by SeanT21(f): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Do you read or you are just ready to stone any one who does not agree with you on issues . How does the above mean same with what you accused me of? How??

OK. You Can vote Republican, I can vote Democrat!!!

Let Bygons be Bygons
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2008
SeanT21:

OK. You Can vote Republican, I can vote Democrat!!!

Let Bygons be Bygons

What business of yours is it who I vote for or not vote for? I am not sure if this is your first election year but please, at the end of the day this may not even affect your life personally. So I see no reason why you should start STOMPING on those who do not agree with you on issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe Is Dead? / See The Last Picture Of Adolf Hitler Before His Death. / Bill Clinton's Speech At The 2012 DNC & The Nigerian Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.