Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,904 members, 7,952,649 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:12 PM

We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire (6430 Views)

When We Die! / Where Do We Go When We Die? / What Happens When We Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by whiteshark(m): 1:43am On Sep 08, 2005
meeen

The way people think.

Na wa ooo.

If dem give una chance, una go fry iceblock put 4 show glass sell. Where do u guys get all these ideas from? I used to smoke weed but I was never this high. I thank God ooo... cool
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by fabian(f): 9:23am On Sep 09, 2005
@ Whiteshark, if them leave you ehn, you go take along for aeroplane oh!

But back to the topic, It is not true, Seun is just kidding!
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Seun(m): 9:39am On Sep 09, 2005
Maybe I was kidding, or maybe not. But my point is that, to a third party who has not been brought up from birth to be religious, what you believe in will seem just as ridiculous as what I said i believed in."

If you can believe thet heaven and hell are real, despite no proof of the existence of these places, how can you not believe that we come back as animals when we die? Won't you believe it if your parents told you so from the time you were little?

1 Like

Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by great22(f): 10:36am On Sep 09, 2005
Very funny hahaha. Okay Seun I belive you because I know that

You would come back as a FROG with feathers right
Scorpio would come back as a Scopion
Vexxy as a Viper
WhiteShark of course as a Grey shark
Layi of course you ll be coming back as a Lizard

But me, I ll be in Heaven with Baba God singing Holy holy Holy and having a swell time hahahah

tongue lipsrsealed cheesy smiley grin
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by layi(m): 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2005
@great22
U want only you in heaven? Thats enough to disqualify u from gettin' there.

Seun:

Won't you believe it if your parents told you so from the time you were little?

Dont be mistaken. We are adults and more rational now than then. Havent u seen muslims becomin christains and vice versa? Its not a question of our parents 'brainwashin' us. We believe it cos its believeable. A lot of us have dropped some parental influences and picked up new ones.
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Saintjoe(m): 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2005
@great22 yeah u got it right:
great22:

Very funny Haha. Okay Seun I believe you because I know that

You would come back as a FROG with feathers right
Scorpio would come back as a Scopion
Vexxy as a Viper
WhiteShark of course as a Grey shark
Layi of course you ll be coming back as a Lizard

But me, I ll be in Heaven with Baba God singing Holy holy Holy and having a swell time hahahah

tongue lipsrsealed cheesy smiley grin
then great22 will be coming back as a giraffe............ cheesy
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by vexxy(f): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2005
I will not come back as a viper. When I die, that will be it. I'm not coming back. To do what? Get reincarnated back to a human so I can go through working, school, bills, etc all over again? Nope.

Get reincarnated as an animal that may be hunted and killed for sport? Nope.

To come back as bacteria or a virus to cause pain in someone else's life? Nope.

I'm going to Heaven. One life is enough for me cheesy
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by whiteshark(m): 2:19am On Sep 11, 2005
Of course we all will be meeting ourselves in heaven abi? Even the man who want sto come back as Isi Ewu will still meet us either in heaven or hell so make una choose were una wan go now

Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by hotangel2(f): 8:23am On Sep 11, 2005
Is it just me or is this topic funny?
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by sheif: 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2005
I would be more curious about your culture and the religion than anything else. Where did the belief come from,who started it, what do you do, etc.

However the fact that there are more lower life forms than complex ones is no proof of this belief. It is simply the laws of thermodynamics:
1. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
2. Everything tends to disorder (entropy)

The higher you go up a food chain, the smaller the biomass becomes because energy is lost via processes like respiration, death, excretion, etc. More complex animals tend to have a larger biomass and more energy is needed for organisation (since everything tends to disorder naturally, energy is needed to make it stay ordered). Since energy can neither be created nor destroyed and some energy has already been dissipated to the environment on the way up the food chain, there is less energy available for the creation of biomass in the more complex (and bigger) organisms up the food chain. That is why there are even fewer elephants than humans.

So maybe I might ask you: what happens to the bigger and more complex animals when they die?
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by jenny247(f): 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2005
hot-angel:

Is it just me or is this topic funny?
It's not you, the topic is funny.
i can imagine myself coming back as a falcon, unicon or better still a flying pig. how funny.
Seun, tell me, you have a very wild imagination. i would love to get into your mind for 1 day and see what happens there.
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by exu(m): 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2005
Looks like Seun's played a prank on you guys and you don't even realise it...
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by donnie(m): 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2005
Seun, God forbid!!!
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by donnie(m): 3:13pm On Oct 29, 2005
I will be with the Lord when i leave this earth and i will come back in glory to reign with Him on the earth.
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Ajisafe: 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2005
Haven't you heard about various African tribes that believe their great leaders have come back in form of Lions, snakes, etc?

It's not far-fetched! Even our own tribe, Yoruba, believes in this theory. Have you ever heard the Yoruba eulogize at a dead person's funeral? It's called "aro" or "idaro." It goes like these:

ARO/IDARO

Lagbaja omo Lamorin, o d'igba kanna o
O ma see o
O wa di ewure jele-jele
O di agutan jemo-jemo
O di alangba/alamu ti n je leba ogiri
K'a to r'erin o digbo
K'a to r'efon o d'odan
K'a to r'eni ti o se bi baba/iya Lakasegbe
O d'orun alakeji
O d'igba t'a ba pade l'ese o gbeji.

Meaning in English:[please, I have not claimed to be an expert in English ooooo! I'm no Wole Soyinka, so don't tear me apart ooo. This is only an humble effort oooo!]

EULOGY:

Adieu! Somebody, the son/daughter of whomever
Alas!
You've now become a wandering goat
You've become a herbivorous lamb
You're now a lizard that scavenges round the adobe wall
Off to the wilderness if we care to find the elephant
Off to the prairie if we care to find the bison
Only in the Great Beyond shall we find a substitute for the father/mother of whomsoever
So long, untill we meet by the Narrow Path.

Also, according to the Islamic religion, the Qur'an teaches us that, on the Day of Ressurection, Allah will raise some people as Reprobates, which means that they've been condemned to Damnation. Certain Islamic schools of thoughts opine that these Reprobates would come as animals, insects, stones and etc. That's what the Yoruba people mean when they throw a curse at you in Yoruba: "Olorun o halaka re lai," meaning, God will turn you into a reprobate!
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by nferyn(m): 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2005
Seun:

Maybe I was kidding, or maybe not. But my point is that, to a third party who has not been brought up from birth to be religious, what you believe in will seem just as ridiculous as what I said i believed in."
This is exactly how I feel. None of the monotheistic religions (Christianity, Islam, Judaism) make any sense to me. I'll use my analogy again: If the only tool you have is a hammer (the Bible, the Quran, the Torah) all problems will look like nails (Christianity, Islam, Judaism)

layi:

Dont be mistaken. We are adults and more rational now than then. Havent u seen muslims becomin christains and vice versa? Its not a question of our parents 'brainwashin' us. We believe it because its believeable. A lot of us have dropped some parental influences and picked up new ones.
Yes, but the differences were not fundamental. Conversions between Christianity and Islam are variations on the same monotheistic theme.

A religion that is rooted in the cycles of nature and life (such as many traditional African religions) is much more meaningful than detached stories of all powerful jealous deities that demand utter submission
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Ajisafe: 10:21pm On Nov 20, 2005
A religion that is rooted in the cycles of nature and life (such as many traditional African religions) is much more meaningful than detached stories of all powerful jealous deities that demand utter submission

I guess my argument makes no sense to you, huh?
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by nferyn(m): 10:28pm On Nov 20, 2005
Ajisafe:

I guess my argument makes no sense to you, huh?

I really don't know. Are you saying that reincarnation is an Islamic belief or only that there are similarities between Islam and Yoruba beliefs?
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Ajisafe: 10:37pm On Nov 20, 2005
Maybe the fact that the Yoruba people migrated from the Arabia has something to do with -- I can't say. But that's not the point now.

The point is, yes, there's a similarity. Can't you discern? If Yoruba believe that their loved one who has just died and is being buried is probably now in the backyard scavenging in form of an animal/ the Qur'an pointing to the fact that Allah would raise certain people as Reprobates in the Day of Reckoning, I don't think there is any dissimilarity, at all.
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by nferyn(m): 10:50pm On Nov 20, 2005
Ajisafe:

Maybe the fact that the Yoruba people migrated from the Arabia has something to do with -- I can't say. But that's not the point now.
Is this established history or inference from tradition? Are there secunday sources for this (e.g. DNA analysis)? Could you point me to some sources as I'm really intrested.
Anyway if that migration took place, it would be far earlier than the establishment of Islam.

Ajisafe:

The point is, yes, there's a similarity. Can't you discern? If Yoruba believe that their loved one who has just died and is being buried is probably now in the backyard scavenging in form of an animal/ the Qur'an pointing to the fact that Allah would raise certain people as Reprobates in the Day of Reckoning, I don't think there is any dissimilarity, at all.
There is indeed a weak similarity, but all major religions build on each other anyway. I think I still don't understand your argument
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Ajisafe: 8:16am On Nov 21, 2005
Anyway if that migration took place, it would be far earlier than the establishment of Islam.

Yes, indeed! The migration really took place and; of course, it was before the advent of Islam.
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by tamia(f): 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2005
puuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhllllllllllllleeeeeaassssssseeeeee i dun"t believe this crap of re-incarnation
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Saintjoe(m): 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2005
So u guys are still debating on this Issue of " We come back lesser animal when we die"
I still wonder what Seun was thinking of to come with this ridiculos Idea!..... grin
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by macalurs(m): 6:28pm On Oct 12, 2006
belief's like a nose,  everyone's gat it. some are fat, some are wide, some are sexy, others kinky, some straight, some curved, some protruding, some even buttt-shaped. They all do the same thing.

The difference is:                                                                        NOTHING.
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2009
[size=13pt]Seun

You're Right and Agree with you 100%.MAN is aware that he will die, someday. Other animals, when nearing death, know.they are about to die; but it is not until death is certain that the animal senses his coming departure from this world. And even then he does not know exactly what is entailed in dying. It is often pointed out that animals accept death gracefully, without fear or resistance. This is a beautiful concept, but one that only holds true in cases where death for the animal is unavoidable.

Blessed are those that believe in what is best for them, for never shall their minds be terrorized - Cursed are the "lambs of God", for they shall be bled whiter than snow! .Blessed are the mighty-minded, for they shall ride the whirlwinds - Cursed are they who teach lies for truth and truth for lies, for they are an abomination! This i pure my Blessings upon thats accept the Truth and Curse those that do everything Ignorantly without using there brain Say Who?,Say's (OGAGA).
[/size]
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Maykelly(f): 10:15am On Sep 17, 2009
@topic;
[size=14pt]I read books and papers, but I believe totally in one Holy Book "Bible" Bible tells us that "After death Judgement, and that in the begining True God created Heaven and Earth, Animals and Man- So i follow my Bible teaching which says that man will be perish or be in the Kingdom of God according to man's choice on earth.

Bible did not teach us to believe papers or human findings. smiley Pls Read the Holy Bible and be Saved![/size]
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by keyne(f): 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2009
@ poster
i wld tell u nt 2 generalize bt personalize.i.e''I come back as a lesser animal wen I die".
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 17, 2016
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
an eleven year old topic.............
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Owliver(m): 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2016
vexxy:
I plan on going to Heaven when I die. No pain or suffering. . . . but there will be food and that's important to me cheesy

I know a lot of members here who I will meet up there so it will be some what like Nairaland but only face to face. wink
if there is no suffering in heaven then what do you make of the actions of Lucifer? heard he fought a war. war brings pain, remember? and pain brings suffering.

so bullshit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Ifeann(f): 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
Seun:
What if I tell you that:
[list][li]I believe that men, women and children become lesser animals when they die?[/li]
[li]When a human being dies, he becomes an animal such as a cat, goat, dog, cow, or hyena.[/li]
[li]However, some select human beings might come back in as children in the same family.[/li]
[li]When an animal dies, it becomes an even more primitive animal e.g. cat -> mouse.[/li]
[li]This process goes on and until you eventually become a unicellular animal.[/li]
[li]When unicellular animals die, they come back as solid matter.[/li]
[li]By eventually turning into solid matter, all human beings will eventually achieve immortality.[/li][/list]

What if I tell you that:
[li]I accept it by faith.[/li]
[li]This belief does not conflict with today's science in any way.[/li]
[li]If you believe in this, you may be selected to come back as a child.[/li]
[li]But if you don't believe, you'll come back as an animal.[/li][/list]

What would be your reaction?

Apparently you don't know much about how biology works.
Re: We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire by Seun(m): 11:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ifeann:
Apparently you don't know much about how biology works.
And clearly you don't know how religion or satire works.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Think I Am Threading The Path Of Atheism / A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) / Im Committing Suicide Tomorrow With Methadone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.