Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator (80190 Views)

Etisalat Nigeria Statement On Fuel Scarcity / Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC / Etisalat Nigeria Blackberry 10 Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by BJ3: 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2008
go nd reserve ur no, its so cool cool. whether they r gud or not, so far as i get to choose  ma own no 4 free. i go join their network grin
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by dragnet: 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2008
Cool it guys & view it from this perspective. . . .

They're starting by giving out free sims with choice numbers, not cuz they're santa claus. .bt I beleive its a business strategy. . . .

1.* they need to divert ur attention from the already existing networks & bring focus it on them so what do they do??, they give u their sims free(though not all). . . . Now they have audience

2.*, what I beleive they'd do next is to offer u a "test-run" of their services. .to prove to u that they have something better to offer. . . . .else they'd have lost it at that point. . . .

Lets watch & see cuz I dnt think they'll be insensitive enough to follow the snail trail of the otherz
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Livvvvy(f): 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2008
I just feel that whatever these guys have to offer will not be that bad, OR ELSE it won't take them time to crubble here in 9ja.

Moreover I sort of like their business strategies on ground to attract customers becos they know they already have great competitors on ground

Also, if they can offer the best quality of all their services, then know it that guys like mtn, glo, starcomms etc will then start feeling the pinch.

Men, I like this. Remember when MTN started, I bought their SIM for 50k, and till date they have not for one day said " We are proud of you, take this 750 recharge card for your loyalty" Stupid MTN

I just hope Etisalat would sting all these 'pocket suckers' and then atleast make communication easy for us.

grin
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Jinix(m): 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2008
just reserved my unique number under 5 minutes now. grin
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by jdoss: 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2008
I have been singing the praises of Etisalat to my friends for like 9 months now. The reason is that coming into a market that many are starting to view as saturated, Etisalat has to do something that will drastically change the status quo to survive. The thing with choosing your number is simply cute and for publicity. Ask yourself honestly how many phone numbers after saving to contacts do you actually remember? I am just reserving my enthusiasm for the actual big news.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by teeboyy: 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ flyuche

maybe they will give us free calls.

Oh boy you like free stuff oh WOBIA you no even no if them good or not.
Na Waoooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by UNLEASHED(m): 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2008
When is their service starting really?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by JSkar(m): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2008
i for one doubt them give anybody a race not even visafone cos nigeria is a big county with many people who like to talk cheap ,,,,, but even at a cut throat prize oder providers are giveing us rubbish mustay surely works there if na me nko shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by cartonflie(m): 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2008
what is etisalat undecided
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by 2sleek2NV(m): 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2008
well lets expect d BEST frm dem. i just reserved my own numba     08098-2SLEEK.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by twinskenny(m): 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2008
nothing concern me with etisalat or whoever, i have been trying to send my CV to their career site its not going through, has anyone one succeeded?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by twinskenny(m): 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2008
To Reserve a number on their network will cost you 5k, nawaoo so how much will the sim card be?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by brinebaba(m): 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2008
I tot they had a mail add for that !!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ twins Read previous posts to see the classification of numbers etisalat has. @ sentra even though I detest companies uploading sites without adding contents to every a href link, I think the site was opened majorly for registration. As at 9.40 pm on sunday night, there was no content on the site. Moreover, the company that makes the largest profit in the Nigeria Telecoms market (MTN) believes more in her marketing via tv, radio, billboards, newspapers etc than her website! My last visit to her website was disappointing. What does it take them to update their sites?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by danedrol: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ mustay
do work for estisalat or
are you a part of the marketing team?

Your serious campaign for these
guys is eye catching i must say.

None the less, a company
that brings employments to
our country people and provides
food on the table for the people
should be allowed some breathing
space to grow.

While I do not believe etisalat will
escape the footsteps of its
forebearers, in terms of
congested networks, call drops and
the likes, I guess Nigerians should
settle for the honey moon period
and enjoy the good lines while
it lasts because sooner than later
we'll be singing the same old
song - , please try again later

Cheers Guys
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by hayprof(m): 9:16pm On Sep 10, 2008
@twins, mayb ur number fell in the 'Silver category' mine fell in the 'Bronze category' it goes for #1,500 am ok wit my choice anyway. .
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by awocad14: 9:24pm On Sep 10, 2008
lets face it their is notin new under the surface of the earth
i dont see them offeing anytin new.
for etisalat to succeed they have to go extra extra extra extra eeeeeeexxxxxxxxttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaa mile
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2008
twinskenny:

To Reserve a number on their network will cost you 5k, nawaoo so how much will the sim card be?

its free, its just because u r askin for a customized no,
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2008
awocad14:

lets face it their is notin new under the surface of the earth
i don't see them offeing anytin new.
for etisalat to succeed they have to go extra extra extra extra eeeeeeexxxxxxxxttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaa mile

abi but lets just see hw it goes shaaa
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2008
Let's wait and see. What I'm banking on is their 'assets'. When they roll out, we shall see how INTERCONNECTIVITY is. They are presently in about 6 states of the country.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Olayinkaoj(m): 10:05pm On Sep 10, 2008
Since someone said etisalat operates through the satellite like Thurayah instead of Mast, I thought the coverage sld be over every part of Nigeria at once and not 6 states against what Mustay said
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Aiyetunje: 10:10pm On Sep 10, 2008
Mustay Mustay

Etialat suppose drop pay for u o . . .  grin
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 10:21pm On Sep 10, 2008
abi, with all these aponle, grin grin grin
mayb na agent or major dealer sef
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by mouye(m): 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2008
I agree,thats the way its supposed to be, Satelite shuld cover everywhere
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by mouye(m): 10:33pm On Sep 10, 2008
Exactli,is satelite not supposed to cover all of naija
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by spben(m): 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2008
I know most of us will always like to belong to the winning team , once they remain a float i will pich my tent with them , But if they misbehave like zink , zain , they will be out of buziness , I can see that they trying to creat good impression , Never theless i wish success
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Fadajasi(m): 10:46pm On Sep 10, 2008
@dragnet,i went tru the calling method,and i wasnt told anything abt standard sim
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by mouye(m): 10:52pm On Sep 10, 2008
Pls guyz how can we get the standard sims, not bronze,silver,gold
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 11:06pm On Sep 10, 2008
mouye:

Please guys how can we get the standard sims, not bronze,silver,gold 

Why not be patient until the official launch!!! abi na race
seund1:

Guys You won't beleive this.!
CLICK THIS LINK TO VISIT: http://depacco.com/pages/index.php?refid=ifystallon
Signup as a member And get paid $100 instantly to your Egold or Paypal.

Which guys  grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by hayprof(m): 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2008
Guys, what's with the debate? tongue
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Aiyetunje: 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2008
Is anyone having this problem?

I am helping my siblings to get nos but it seems that Glo & Celtel are not allowing the texts to be delivered (or is a network problem?)

I got my text on my MTN instantly but my sibs Glo & Celtel is yet to be sent, I tried the calling method & it said the no was already registered but no passcodes to confirm it

Anyone with similar experiences?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 11:21pm On Sep 10, 2008
hmmm; why r u not going thru the website?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Did You Receive Any Lockdown Bonus From MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile? / MTN Is Giving Out Free 150MB Data To It's Customers, How To Get Yours / Etisalat Introduces Cheaper Call Tariff Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.