Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator (80185 Views)

Etisalat Nigeria Statement On Fuel Scarcity / Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC / Etisalat Nigeria Blackberry 10 Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by kemisuga(f): 9:59am On Sep 11, 2008
Etisalat already around.

I saw on paper, they want to give free calls for life for the 1st One Million people to register.
My friend try to register thru their website and they wanted him to enter his present number in order to cancel it and give him theirs.

But why are they requesting one to forgo his/her formal number, in order to register for their own. Is this not ridiculous

And hav anyone register thru their website to start enjoying free calls for LIFE
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by sinmbo(m): 10:14am On Sep 11, 2008
I saw on paper, they want to give free calls for life for the 1st One Million people to register.
My friend try to register through their website and they wanted him to enter his present number in order to cancel it and give him theirs.

But why are they requesting one to forgo his/her formal number, in order to register for their own. Is this not ridiculous

And hav anyone register through their website to start enjoying free calls for LIFE

please fellow forum members give us more information!!!!!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Aiyetunje: 10:25am On Sep 11, 2008
People!

If u register for ur unique number wt Etisalat, u do not & cannot forgo ur former no.!(unless want to dump r no. and use etisalat when u get it)How hard is that for u to understand?

They just use the number to send text messages confirming ur registration of the unique no. (they may also use it for marketing later) BUT they cannot hijack ur MTN/Glo/Zain nos. even if they could, it would be a huge waste of time, resources not to mention numerous lawsuits! It just aint worth it!

U start to enjoy the free calls when the network is commercially launched & that is based on making a call or sendin a text in the previous 30 days(or previous month) to qualify for the free 300secs/5mins monthly. Its just like a variant of what is on ground with some of our networks eg MTN - stay connected for life if you make/receive a call OR send/receive a text every 90 days; also receive 10 free MMS monthly for making at least 2 minute call or sumthin like dat

Awoof dey run belle o!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Ogboraph(m): 10:26am On Sep 11, 2008
Ha. Hey hey. If you guys like. Go and buy the whole etisalate. As i dont care
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Livvvvy(f): 10:27am On Sep 11, 2008
Mustay:

Does  SHOWSKILL know the composition of a sim/

Please Your Current SIM won't be replaced with the "unique number" you registered with Etisalat.

@ aiyetunje how you take know> grin grin

You are right, if you know the composition of a SIM you should know that etisalat cannot override ur MTN, GLO, ZAIN or whatever number you have. It is like them trying to look for trouble with another network which is not constitutional.

So what they do with ur current number is to be able to send your passcode and new number to you, which is faster and easier for them than to use any other method.

So there is no need to fear, you can never lose your current number, ABI DEM NO DEY FEAR FACE (MTN, ZAIN, GLO etc)
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 11, 2008
EtisaLat abi na EtisaLomu!!! whatever, undecided we want good services, 3G, MMS, Video calls, internet facilities at cheaper rates, phone calls at cheaper rate and no network failure like OLOSHI MTN and Zainabu!!!

This is the only way Etisalat can do more better than other telecom networks unless,, ppl go still divert comot!!! make we dey watch sha!!!! Make dem no go RUN DOWN like M-TeL oooo embarassed

GLO is the best network for now, all other network!!! make dem be si KONGA!!! grin
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by sylve11: 10:59am On Sep 11, 2008
hayprof:

Lol, they ain't up to that @ All. .

Replace my current line with etisalats'? Lai Lai**

If the worst come to worst I will head Ova to Celtel office and do a Sim retrieval thing. .

And am Good to go?

So, anyone else got problems with that? wink

My brother good talk, but if i use my glo sim and it got replaced, i will be very happy that the sim has been changed, for celtel and mtn i will hurry to their centers to retrieve my precious celtel and mtn.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by eleshin(m): 11:03am On Sep 11, 2008
pls nairalander i've been tryin to reserve a no but there is nothing like that on their website for now,the msg on the website is tha SELFCARE IS NOT AVAILABLE,pls is there anybody that can help me to reserve a number or send me the procedure.plssssss
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 11:09am On Sep 11, 2008
i am sure tht these their professed 5min free call would be on intranetwork basis , abi ki le feel
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Aiyetunje: 11:19am On Sep 11, 2008
Haba make dem come out first, lets not second guess dem
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by malikalhaj: 11:23am On Sep 11, 2008
Of course it's going to be intranetwork, e get anyone wen be internetwork?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by malikalhaj: 11:26am On Sep 11, 2008
Even zain trutalk or trutext is intranetwork
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by sylve11: 11:39am On Sep 11, 2008
faakay:

EtisaLat abi na EtisaLomu!!! whatever, undecided we want good services, 3G, MMS, Video calls, internet facilities at cheaper rates, phone calls at cheaper rate and no network failure like OLOSHI MTN and Zainabu!!!

This is the only way Etisalat can do more better than other telecom networks unless,, people go still divert comot!!! make we dey watch sha!!!! Make them no go RUN DOWN like M-TeL oooo embarassed

GLO is the best network for now, all other network!!! make them be si KONGA!!! grin

My guy why are u talking like this, how is glo the best. When it comes to calls celtel is still cheaper than mtn and glo to outside network, meaning u can make call as low as 66k per/s, try use ur so called almighty glo to call outside net work like mtn, then u will see the first reason why glo is not the best. before i give u another reason i will like to know which part of the country u r living in, if u live like in the south, u will not dare say glo is the best except u r just sentimental over it, glo is complete rubbish in south, i have three phones with three lines like celtel, mtn and glo, and i justify what what i say from experience. Even as far as some parts of Almigty Lagos, glo still mess up, Celtel is very active in lagos, even in the south, north and east. Pls dont say it again that glo is the the best. If i get my glo replaced by etisalat, i will be very happy. Pls talk from xperience cos i know i do.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by DereI(f): 11:44am On Sep 11, 2008
Wow!!! I cant wait to purchase my sim ooo. I bought this nokia phone and whenever i try to browse, it goes automatically to a homepage http//:etisalat.com and i've been wondering what its all about. Thank God i can now browse with my phone. Yipee!!!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Gilat: 11:45am On Sep 11, 2008
do anyone knows from who do they buy their satellite Internet connectivity?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2008
Gilat:

do anyone knows from who do they buy their satellite Internet connectivity?

Do you mean Etisalat
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by eleshin(m): 11:56am On Sep 11, 2008
i've reserve my own no now,lets see what they gat for us when they start operating.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 11, 2008
@ sylve11

Borne that talk men, MTN & Zain wetin!!! Rubbish Network!! c'com Abeokuta or when you are travelling, those networks are dead!!!! bull shiTs!!! talking about tariff!! men, Zain na woRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glo is more friendly, International Calls and to other networks, I have used Zain b4 men, I gat RUN COMOT!! dem be VAMPIRE!!!! GLO na the best any day anytime, MTN still dey try!! na Zain dey mess up BIG TIME!!! ask ppl now, International Call tariff too High even Zain to Zain gan too high!! oloshi ppl! I can advise my enemie to use Zain!! BULLSHIT!! Zain Sucks!! dem go RUN DOWN soon with this stupid selling of companies and mis-management!!!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by stanloski(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2008
Mek una dey dia dey spik big big english, I don get ma own number, 08098349696 and 08098202031 same as my zain numbers, will collect when they launch. I checked their dubai based web page and the download speed for mobile USB broad band is -wait for this- UP TO 7.2MBS! shocked if they give us 20% of that speed we would be in intenet HEAVEN! lets hope the NIGERIAN FACTOR does not come into play sha.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Ogboraph(m): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2008
Who cares? if you like get 10line of etisalate or elitislatetee . See as you Nigerian atitued bad.? Remember that Nairaland forum is accessible to internation world. So keep on degrading yourself Nigerian people.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by stanloski(m): 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2008
@ Ogboraph
Ma fren u are one f those head in the sand characters abi? When pple say the truth you start talking about supporting your country and all that. The best support you can give is to point out the ills so they can be corrected. I repeat- hope Nigerian factor will not spoil things.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2008
Ogboraph:

Who cares? if you like get 10line of etisalate or elitislatetee . See as you Nigerian atitued bad.? Remember that Nairaland forum is accessible to internation world. So keep on degrading yourself Nigerian people.

who cares iof you care?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by honsule(m): 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2008
faakay:

@ sylve11

Borne that talk men,  MTN & Zain wetin!!! Rubbish Network!! c'com Abeokuta or when you are travelling,  those networks are dead!!!! bull shiTs!!! talking about tariff!! men,  Zain na woRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glo is more friendly,  International Calls and to other networks,  I have used Zain before men,  I gat RUN COMOT!! them be VAMPIRE!!!! GLO na the best any day anytime, MTN still dey try!! na Zain dey mess up BIG TIME!!! ask people now,  International Call tariff too High even Zain to Zain gan too high!! oloshi people! I can advise my enemie to use Zain!! BULLSHIT!! Zain Sucks!! them go RUN DOWN soon with this stupid selling of companies and mis-management!!!

i beg to disagree,zain ain't any worst.see free legal browsing.i hv used zain for int'l call before-very cheap to my surprised
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Ogboraph(m): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2008
@mustay what boda me is that one person will just reserve 10numbers. Now tell me if every Nairalanders reserve 3 to 4 numbers each, on this new network; do u know what that means?
Then tomorow they will start broadcasting "we have 3million subscribers in Nigeria not know that only 1million people have those same numbers. Nigerians Repent grin grin
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by pxthomas(m): 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2008
Who cares broda
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Ogboraph(m): 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2008
@hönsule tell am. He never know any thing let them rush go. So will they rush out.
My people look una just de buy monkey for bush. Imagine them tell una say fine big white monkey don enter nija bush and all of una just rush de price am some don buy while others deposite money. Well my believe is that my MTN and Zain and GLO proudly Africa is equal to the challeng
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 4:20pm On Sep 11, 2008
Ogboraph:

@mustay what boda me is that one person will just reserve 10numbers. Now tell me if every Nairalanders reserve 3 to 4 numbers each, on this new network; do u know what that means?
Then tomorow they will start broadcasting "we have 3million subscribers in Nigeria not know that only 1million people have those same numbers. Nigerians Repent grin grin
\
I believe Etisalat has her validation systems.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by malikalhaj: 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2008
@ogboraph
what's ur beef with etisalat?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femzy(m): 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2008
i wonder ooo, but i kw sey the dud na proper NigerDelta military man, So wat do u expect!! grin grin
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by emmydee(m): 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2008
Well, lets c how Etisalat goes with billing and service delivery.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Ogboraph(m): 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2008
I got no beef with itisalate but they have me big Fish and not Beef grin grin
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Ogboraph(m): 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2008
This is to mustay the moderator @mustay i can see you are a good moderator infact perfect one, so i have a job for u to do on Nairaland. I was amuised the way you just Remove some post replied by me and chrisemi more greaze to you elbow and nice work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply)

Did You Receive Any Lockdown Bonus From MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile? / MTN Is Giving Out Free 150MB Data To It's Customers, How To Get Yours / Etisalat Introduces Cheaper Call Tariff Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.