Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave (6367 Views)

I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / 5 Real Reasons Why Nigerian Men Patronize Prostitutes / Real Reasons Why Men Cheat On Beautiful Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by denzelswt: 8:00am On Sep 08, 2008
Seriously, forget everything you've read thus far. Any ordinary guy with a group of male friends will agree with one or more of the following reasons. These are REAL reasons taken from men as to why they have or would have left their relationships. You don't need a relationship expert to explain to you why a man leaves. Sometimes the answers are relatively simple. I don't provide any behavioral theories such as men not being breastfed or being neglected at childhood as a reason for leaving the relationship (although it may apply to some).

So for you ladies who keep asking yourself and/or others as to why men walk away from relationships, here's a list that I composed specifically for you in no particular order.

1. Nagging - This is an honest reason. Ladies, some of you don't realize it but you may nag your partner to death. There is only so much he can take. You may have to ask him to do things more than once but he will eventually get to it. If he doesn't wind up doing it after the third or fourth request, take a moment to find out why before you go into a fit. Did he just get off work? Did he just get home from somewhere? Did he just finish something that may require him to relax for a few minutes? If none of these apply, then he may be just plain lazy and you should be questioning whether you really want him back.

2. Sex - If it's unsatisfying or you are denying him to the point where he questions whether he is living in a monastery or at home, chances are this is a BIG reason. Is he being unreasonable or are you?

3. Love - This is one of the more painful reasons. He may have fallen out of love or may have fallen in love with someone else.

4. Attraction/Physical Appearance - Some of the reasons I came across were that men just weren't physically attracted to their partners anymore. This was usually coupled with falling out of love or at least it may be what triggered it. Remember ladies, this doesn't mean that you are not attractive. Men have different tastes, enjoy different things, have different pleasures, etc, all women are beautiful.

5. Excitement - You may not be interested in the same activities as him. He may be an extremist and want to go sky diving or scuba diving with sharks and you may just want to sit at home with a glass of wine and a movie.

6. Cheating - There are a number of reasons why men cheat. This could be a whole separate topic in itself but for purposes of this article I will limit it to the most common reason which is physical attraction. When a relationship becomes stagnant and/or there is little to no physical attraction or excitement in the relationship, temptation grows stronger. Particularly in work places where most adultery occurs.

7. Self Esteem - Some men feel emasculated or belittled by their partners to the point where they leave. Some may feel that they are not worthy of the relationship. This is one of those reasons that may require some professional help.

8. Kids/marriage - Some men may not want to get married or have kids. Some may want one without the other. Whatever their needs or wants, pushing them into one or both may lead them to walk away from the relationship. Anyhow, if the man you're with doesn't want the same things you want, you should be asking yourself why you are with him in the first place. Ladies, there are plenty of men out there that are looking to get married so don't stress yourself over him. Beside, if this was a serious relationship you should have known in the beginning as to whether or not he was interested in marriage/kids.

9. Commitment - Some men just can't stay committed. For whatever the reason they need to be with different women. Again, this is one of those reasons that can be better explained by a relationship counselor.

So there you have it. These are actual reasons why men have left their partners. There are a few additional reasons that are not listed here but these are typically the most common. I certainly hope this helps you understand or at the very least give you better grasp of why men decide to leave.

FOR MORE ARTICLES ON RELATIONSHIPS.

visit www.harrison-romance(dot)(dot)com

please note the (dot) is typed .com
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by AIRSUPPLY(m): 8:28am On Sep 08, 2008
DENZEL

YOU ARE 100 PERCENT RIGHT, smiley
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by dotman(m): 8:39am On Sep 08, 2008
its not as if i agree with u 100% but their is a point or two i agree with. in the case of physical atrraction i do.Ladies get to deform faster than men especially when dey get married, dey go fat becos dey think dey have achieved, dey start tying wrapper on their chest around the house, then start looking tastless
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 08, 2008
denzel swt:

1. Nagging - This is an honest reason. Ladies, some of you don't realize it but you may nag your partner to death. There is only so much he can take. You may have to ask him to do things more than once but he will eventually get to it. If he doesn't wind up doing it after the third or fourth request, take a moment to find out why before you go into a fit. Did he just get off work? Did he just get home from somewhere? Did he just finish something that may require him to relax for a few minutes? If none of these apply, then he may be just plain lazy and you should be questioning whether you really want him back.

Maybe we nag cos when we say it gently, it never sticks. That’s one trait that’s common with most women, and everybody knows most ladies nag just to get the much needed attention from their spouses. Men can be overbearing but you don’t see us whining about it the way you guys whine about nagging. That’s because we are used to it and we’ve come to accept it as part of you; so when you do it, we don’t take it personal. Why can’t you guys just do same?

denzel swt:

2. Sex - If it's unsatisfying or you are denying him to the point where he questions whether he is living in a monastery or at home, chances are this is a BIG reason. Is he being unreasonable or are you?

Just because you are in the mood doesn’t mean I have to open my legs and its certainly not my fault I can’t do those things you do with your whores.

denzel swt:

3. Love - This is one of the more painful reasons. He may have fallen out of love or may have fallen in love with someone else.

Hmn!! Maybe you should have given me a warning that your love had an ‘expiry date’

denzel swt:

4. Attraction/Physical Appearance - Some of the reasons I came across were that men just weren't physically attracted to their partners anymore. This was usually coupled with falling out of love or at least it may be what triggered it. Remember ladies, this doesn't mean that you are not attractive. Men have different tastes, enjoy different things, have different pleasures, etc, all women are beautiful.

That’s a very selfish reason to leave somebody. Physical attraction?? You were okay with my looks before you came into my life. Infact you ‘begged’ me and told me I was exactly what you were looking for. How did that change all of a sudden

denzel swt:

5. Excitement - You may not be interested in the same activities as him. He may be an extremist and want to go sky diving or scuba diving with sharks and you may just want to sit at home with a glass of wine and a movie.

So you leave an intelligent, loving, decent, hardworking, beatiful and dutiful woman cos she wont go skiing with you ?  undecided  undecided  Thats like the dumbest reason so far, not to mention selfish.

denzel swt:

6. Cheating - There are a number of reasons why men cheat. This could be a whole separate topic in itself but for purposes of this article I will limit it to the most common reason which is physical attraction. When a relationship becomes stagnant and/or there is little to no physical attraction or excitement in the relationship, temptation grows stronger. Particularly in work places where most adultery occurs.

Thats not true, men cheat because they are irresponsible. The want to eat variety of dishes. Its gets boring when you serve them eba every night. They'll love to mix the diet with Beans and rice once in a while. Of course, they will eat the Eba alone for some time without complaining - untill they get tired of it.

denzel swt:

7. Self Esteem - Some men feel emasculated or belittled by their partners to the point where they leave. Some may feel that they are not worthy of the relationship. This is one of those reasons that may require some professional help.

Thats why you should go for your 'level' in the first place. Its not my fault that I earn more than you do and I have an IQ 20% more than yours. C'mon give a sister a break, go sort your personality problems and quit the guilt trip I actually said that to a guy sometime  cheesy

denzel swt:

8. Kids/marriage - Some men may not want to get married or have kids. Some may want one without the other. Whatever their needs or wants, pushing them into one or both may lead them to walk away from the relationship. Anyhow, if the man you're with doesn't want the same things you want, you should be asking yourself why you are with him in the first place. Ladies, there are plenty of men out there that are looking to get married so don't stress yourself over him. Beside, if this was a serious relationship you should have known in the beginning as to whether or not he was interested in marriage/kids.

I perfectly understand that, I just wish you told me on our from the begining  sad

denzel swt:

9. Commitment - Some men just can't stay committed. For whatever the reason they need to be with different women. Again, this is one of those reasons that can be better explained by a relationship counselor.

Oh you mean some men just dont grow up?? Yea, I know that, it just sucks. Selfish, selfish, selfish!!!!

You did well poster, but I dont lose sleep over why men cheat. Very lousy of you to come up with these excuses when we all know that people not men alone cheat because they are  irresposible, selfish, self absorbed, childish and wicked.
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by whitelexi(m): 8:59am On Sep 08, 2008
And who else did u expect to spoil the male party? Right! I thought i was the only one that noticed. cool
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by galatico(m): 9:12am On Sep 08, 2008
Some of the reasons you gave are true I must confess,
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 08, 2008
whitelexi:

And who else did u expect to spoil the male party? Right! I thought i was the only one that noticed. cool

Right bro, I've got to keep the faith grin
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by whitelexi(m): 9:15am On Sep 08, 2008
Ujujoan:

Right bro, I've got to keep the faith grin

Trust me sweetie, i have nothing against u doing your thang - just dont make it a habit grin
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 08, 2008
whitelexi:

Trust me sweetie, i have nothing against u doing your thang - just don't make it a habit grin

Too late, I already have wink
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by whitelexi(m): 9:25am On Sep 08, 2008
Ujujoan:

Too late, I already have wink

How tragic!
Its like . . . like your slogan "Sh*t happens", only this time, you're at the recieving end embarassed tongue
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by Okanran(m): 9:27am On Sep 08, 2008
Y don't you two just hook up undecided
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by beautyfine(f): 9:28am On Sep 08, 2008
hi,denzel swt.if you state these reasons what are the solutions.i guess you should have them
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 08, 2008
whitelexi:

How tragic!
Its like . . . like your slogan "Sh*t happens", only this time, you're at the recieving end embarassed tongue

Na . . Na . . Na. I'm not at the receiving end; you guys are. But you are right, its tragic and pathetic; these things you guys come up with.
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by AIRSUPPLY(m): 9:35am On Sep 08, 2008
TO Ujujoan

I LIKE YOUR WRITEUP,

PLS CATCH ME ON YAHOO MESSENGER,
rolandreturns@yahoo.com

FOR A SOUL TO SOUL CHAT.
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by thendo(m): 9:41am On Sep 08, 2008
@ ujojan

girl i like you, im yet to see a girl so inteligent like you on this forum,

now go on and knock off those stupid male egos.
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 08, 2008
AIRSUPPLY:

TO Ujujoan

I LIKE YOUR WRITEUP,

rolandreturns@yahoo.com

FOR A SOUL TO SOUL CHAT.

You like my write up?? And you dint get the message? I'm not a particular fan of your gender and I certaingly dont 'catch' people on Yahoo Messenger. I'll like to keep my soul intact so I'll pass on the offer. Damn psycho

thendo:

@ ujojan

girl i like you, im yet to see a girl so inteligent like you on this forum,

now go on and knock off those stupid male egos.

kiss
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by whitelexi(m): 9:49am On Sep 08, 2008
Intelligent - but being used in many wrong ways - sounds more like "cunning" to me.
I have seen many more intelligent girls on the forum, girls who actually think before they punch the keys.
Destroy male egos? depends on the person, mine is so strong - people get intimidated fro miles afar cool

You must be one of the dumbest guys on the forum so i can attempt to understand where the problem lies angry
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by spikedcylinder: 9:50am On Sep 08, 2008
I think this thread should be reserved for people who are actually in relationships or marrieed.

*calmly leaves*

Whitelexi! Long time no see. . . . . . embarassed
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by whitelexi(m): 9:54am On Sep 08, 2008
spikedcylinder:

I think this thread should be reserved for people who are actually in relationships or marrieed.

*calmly leaves*

@Ujujaon, did u see that? Thats intelligence, pure brilliance! you should do the same - i will pardon your previous rants and i'm sure th guys are also willing grin
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 08, 2008
whitelexi:

@Ujujaon, did u see that? Thats intelligence, pure brilliance! you should do the same - i will pardon your previous rants and i'm sure th guys are also willing grin

Quit hating man, I wonder what your problem is if your ego's not actually threathened.

Besides who says am not married
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by thendo(m): 10:03am On Sep 08, 2008
@ whitelexi

my intelligence is way better than yours nigger. you are the one who is shallow. you claim your ego is stronger come on the way you responded showed otherwise. Unlike you i can admit when someone is right irrespective of their genders. try it you will spare yourself some high blood pressure.

We men should stop making excuses for our stupid deeds and act responsibly.
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by carmelily: 10:06am On Sep 08, 2008
thendo:

thank you, jare grin
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by AIRSUPPLY(m): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2008
TO Ujujoan

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU, TO DESERVE SUCH HARSE WORDS FROM YOU

FORGOODNESS SAKE I AM A GENTLEMAN, AND I MADE A COMMENT THAT I LIKE YOUR WRITE UP, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT AND HOW DID YOU KNOW I DID NOT GET THE MESSAGE, ?

PLEASE TRY TO BE JOVIAL AND FRIENDLY TO PEOPLE BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND.

I ONLY WANT TO KNOW YOU BETTER BY CHATTING WITH YOU ONLINE, AM SORRY TO SAY THIS, FOR YOU TURNING DOWN MY REQUEST SHOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT BEHAVING MATURELY AND BEHAVING LIKE A SHY YOUNG GIRL WHO BEING ASKED OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME,

ASK YOURSELF WHAT ARE YOU DOING ONLINE OR ON THE INTERNET IS NOT BY MEETING PEOPLE AND MAKING NEW FRIENDS AND EXCHANGING IDEAS WITH PEOPLE.

SO THINK ABOUT IT, ?
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by whitelexi(m): 10:11am On Sep 08, 2008
thendo:

@ whitelexi

my intelligence is way better than yours nigger. you are the one who is shallow. you claim your ego is stronger come on the way you responded showed otherwise. Unlike you i can admit when someone is right irrespective of their genders. try it you will spare yourself some high blood pressure.

Please define the highlighted words to explain the context they're used in before i can respond to them, but just to explain my own comments, if ujujoan is the most intelligent person you've seen on NL in any perspective, then u r either blind or a guest on NL who skips through profiles.
Word of advice, passing comments or opinions about certain trends or behaviour does not mean your ego is affected in anyway, mine is not that easily tested.
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by outlaws(m): 10:14am On Sep 08, 2008
cool

What's up poster? You got some good points  but what about ladies? Are their own reasons for leaving different? Is it gender based or what?
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by MrCrackles(m): 10:15am On Sep 08, 2008
AIRSUPPLY:

TO Ujujoan

I LIKE YOUR WRITEUP,

rolandreturns@yahoo.com

FOR A SOUL TO SOUL CHAT.

u be Marvin Gaye or Gerald Levert?

soul to soul chat my asshole! grin
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by whitelexi(m): 10:18am On Sep 08, 2008
outlaws:

cool

What's up poster? You got some good points but what about ladies? Are their own reasons for leaving different? Is it gender based or what?

Whats up poster? There are thousands of similar threads created in favour of ladies discussing similar points about why ladies leave, did u ask this same question on any of them??
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 08, 2008
thendo:

@ whitelexi

Don’t mind him. Of all the people to accuse someone of lack of intelligence. . . Throwing stones when he lives in a glass house.

AIRSUPPLY:

TO Ujujoan

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU, TO DESERVE SUCH HARSE WORDS FROM YOU

FORGOODNESS SAKE I AM A GENTLEMAN, AND I MADE A COMMENT THAT I LIKE YOUR WRITE UP, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT AND HOW DID YOU KNOW I DID NOT GET THE MESSAGE, ?

PLEASE TRY TO BE JOVIAL AND FRIENDLY TO PEOPLE BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND.

I ONLY WANT TO KNOW YOU BETTER BY CHATTING WITH YOU ONLINE, AM SORRY TO SAY THIS, FOR YOU TURNING DOWN MY REQUEST SHOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT BEHAVING MATURELY AND BEHAVING LIKE A SHY YOUNG GIRL WHO BEING ASKED OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME,

ASK YOURSELF WHAT ARE YOU DOING ONLINE OR ON THE INTERNET IS NOT BY MEETING PEOPLE AND MAKING NEW FRIENDS AND EXCHANGING IDEAS WITH PEOPLE.

SO THINK ABOUT IT, ?

I'm here cos I soo love irritating people like Whitelexi. Why I feel like my day's fufilled already. Meet people ke?? Trust me in my line of work, i actually need a break from meeting people. And of course I'm also here to fish out psychos like you.
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 08, 2008
whitelexi:

Whats up poster? There are thousands of similar threads created in favour of ladies discussing similar points about why ladies leave, did u ask this same question on any of them??

So he's asking them now. Why are you tripping?? Be it in favour of men/women, this poster's obviously a Chauvinist
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by whitelexi(m): 10:29am On Sep 08, 2008
Ujujoan:

Don’t mind him. Of all the people to accuse someone of lack of intelligence. . . Throwing stones when he lives in a glass house.

I'm here because I soo love irritating people like Whitelexi. Why I feel like my day's fufilled already. Meet people ke?? Trust me in my line of work, i actually need a break from meeting people. And of course I'm also here to fish out psychos like you.

I'm truly flattered, trust me - i dont even know how u do it, but it always seems to know the next silly thing to say. Prove to me that u're irritating me, what if i'm enjoying this convo?? What if i want to show u some much deserved appreciation?? What if. . .  anything!??
Psychology is about questions and answers, but it is not in one direction only. . .  Learn to investigate all possible outcomes - then and only then can u become a master. . .  A master of the art and science, a master like me grin
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by whitelexi(m): 10:30am On Sep 08, 2008
Ujujoan:

So he's asking them now. Why are you tripping?? Be it in favour of men/women, this poster's obviously a Chauvinist

Why did he decide to start with this one?? There were threads before this one weren't there??
Re: Some Of The Real Reasons Why Men Leave by spikedcylinder: 10:35am On Sep 08, 2008
Ujujoan:

Trust me in my line of work, i actually need a break from meeting people. And of course I'm also here to fish out psychos like you.

Uju,
Not like I dont get you and your whole feministic view but I think that user was actually trying to be friendly and he hasnt really insulted you. Calling him a psycho because of that is not fair o. embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Some Guys So Obsessed With Big Hips And Butt? / Cardi B Uses Celotape To Hold Breast That Has Fallen / Woman Celebrates Her Husband's Sidechick Accident (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.