Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,491 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Do Nice Guys Finish Last? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Nice Guys Finish Last? (1630 Views)

"Black Guys Finish Last" / Why Do Nice Guys Always Get Treated Badly? / Why Do 'Nice' Ladies Get Dumped Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by denzelswt: 8:48am On Sep 08, 2008
So do nice guys really finish last? This subject has been the big topic of discussing since ages and almost every guy out there wants to know whether nice guys do finish last. You see there are a lot of misconceptions on this topic but the facts are only known to a select few. Now you are being introduced to the real facts. Read on to discover what the real answer is and put an end to the mystery forever,

Yes it's true- Well in one simple line yes nice guys do finish last and there are several reasons for that. You see nice guys make several mistakes due to which women are repelled.

They adapt to anything- They are willing to change themselves according to the woman which means they will do anything to be around the kind of woman they want to be around which is a very strong sign of weakness and women don't like weak men. They want to be around someone who is a strong decision maker.

They are highly insecure- This is one of the biggest reasons why nice guys always finish last. You see the problem with most nice guys is that they are some what insecure about themselves and they are not sure about their own opinion about themselves that's why they go around asking for someone else's opinion. At the same time they feel they are just not good enough and they will never find the kind of woman they desire therefore they try to be overly nice when they do find one. They have a loser like attitude which women dislike and that's why they finish last.

FOR MORE ARTICLES ON RELATIONSHIPS
VISIT www.harrison-romance..com
please note the (dot) is typed .com
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by NET1(m): 6:58pm On May 26, 2010
You're about 85% correct with your analysis.

From my recent personal experiences, women are most often attracted to guys who are confident in where they are gong - not neccesarily the "NICE" guys.

1 Like

Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by madlady(f): 7:03pm On May 26, 2010
@Poster, sorry but I disagree, Nice confident guys always win the race in the long run. wink
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Pweety4me(f): 7:15pm On May 26, 2010
There is 9ice & there is 9ice. . . undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Onchedu(m): 7:31pm On May 26, 2010
Hmmm,
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Toppytee(m): 7:35pm On May 26, 2010
@poster,ur assertion sounds myopic.The reason why it is often said that nice guys finished last is because nice guys dont really run the same race with bad guys.In the short run it may appear that bad guys are ahead but at the end of the day nice guys get things right.Relationship wise,nice guys may appear weak to a player but they are the real men because they know what they want and stick to it.Bad guys are often confused sets of pple,they dont know what they want& they are always illogical when compared with the nice guys.Put a nice guy beside a bad guy and ask a gal that knows what she wants(one dat is not confuse&want to be treated like a queen) to pick one,she will go for the nice guy 99.9 times in 100times.How i wish am a nice guy,i would ve bin so innocent because sincerely there is no good tale in most of the experiences we guys wanted in the first place.If a nice guy is reading this please continue to be nice,most bad guys here on NL jst want to drag you into d mud they are already swimming inside.In their heart of heart they wish they are nice.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by kpolli(m): 4:20pm On May 27, 2010
yes
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 27, 2010
denzel swt:

So do nice guys really finish last? This subject has been the big topic of discussing since ages and almost every guy out there wants to know whether nice guys do finish last. You see there are a lot of misconceptions on this topic but the facts are only known to a select few. Now you are being introduced to the real facts. Read on to discover what the real answer is and put an end to the mystery forever,

Yes it's true- Well in one simple line yes nice guys do finish last and there are several reasons for that. You see nice guys make several mistakes due to which women are repelled.

They adapt to anything- They are willing to change themselves according to the woman which means they will do anything to be around the kind of woman they want to be around which is a very strong sign of weakness and women don't like weak men. They want to be around someone who is a strong decision maker.

please dont misunderstand a "nice" guy with a "desperate" one. . . . . .  the one you just portrayed is a sucker who should be ran away from by all women. this is the kind of men that will pretend to be someone/anyone to get woman and then becomes his true self with time. . . . . . .  by then, the poor gal will realize that she is dating/married to a sucker thus the reason for breakup. just a waste of time!

They are highly insecure- This is one of the biggest reasons why nice guys always finish last. You see the problem with most nice guys is that they are some what insecure about themselves and they are not sure about their own opinion about themselves that's why they go around asking for someone else's opinion. At the same time they feel they are just not good enough and they will never find the kind of woman they desire therefore they try to be overly nice when they do find one. They have a loser like attitude which women dislike and that's why they finish last.

i think you are referring to insecure guys which has absolutely NOTHING to do with nice guys.
where did you get this degree of yours?! you got robbed bro!

let me help you: one of the reason why nice guys "finish last" may be because some women are attracted to bad boys and think they can "tame them therefore overlooking quality.
also some women DONT want nice guy and if YOU think that a nice guy will always win the good gal then you are living in lalaland and dont have a clue about women.
it could be that nice guys finish last with bad gals and that they only finish first with top gals. . . . . . . . . .  dont be blinded by all the wolves in sheep clothing out there, not all that glitters is gold.
also it could be that what YOU perceives as a top gal might not be the kind of gal that "nice guy" is after. . . . . . . .  after all "nice guy" will only settle for the best!
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by madlady(f): 7:35am On May 28, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

please dont misunderstand a "nice" guy with a "desperate" one. . . . . .  the one you just portrayed is a sucker who should be ran away from by all women. this is the kind of men that will pretend to be someone/anyone to get woman and then becomes his true self with time. . . . . . .  by then, the poor gal will realize that she is dating/married to a sucker thus the reason for breakup. just a waste of time!

i think you are referring to insecure guys which has absolutely NOTHING to do with nice guys.
where did you get this degree of yours?! you got robbed bro!

let me help you: one of the reason why nice guys "finish last" may be because some women are attracted to bad boys and think they can "tame them therefore overlooking quality.
also some women DONT want nice guy and if YOU think that a nice guy will always win the good gal then you are living in lalaland and dont have a clue about women.
it could be that nice guys finish last with bad gals and that they only finish first with top gals. . . . . . . . . .  dont be blinded by all the wolves in sheep clothing out there, not all that glitters is gold.
also it could be that what YOU perceives as a top gal might not be the kind of gal that "nice guy" is after. . . . . . . .  after all "nice guy" will only settle for the best!

Kudos to you @MYbrownJAY.

I make it a habit to read your replies TWICE. cool cool cool
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 9:30am On May 28, 2010
^^^^^ thanks "happylady". . . . . . . .i had been away from NL after being banned but the drive to reply was just too much on some of these threads.lol!
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by madlady(f): 9:41am On May 28, 2010
^^^ shocked  shocked Why would you be banned angry, I wondered why I had not seen you around.
         I look forward to to reading more of your replies, so does justjane2 tongue
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by petebor02(m): 9:44am On May 28, 2010
.NET:

You're about 85% correct with your analysis.

From my recent personal experiences, women are most often attracted to guys who are confident in where they are gong - not neccesarily the "NICE" guys.
o yes
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 10:38am On May 28, 2010
madlady:

^^^ shocked  shocked Why would you be banned angry, I wondered why I had not seen you around.
         I look forward to to reading more of your replies, so does justjane2 tongue

well Nairaland didnt see fit/appropriate to give me a reason as to why i was banned. . . . . . . . . they just locked my profile, wrote on it that i had sent a "spam like" msg (whatever that is) and threw away the key lol!
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 10:41am On May 28, 2010
^^^ Welcome back! wink
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by madlady(f): 12:07pm On May 28, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

well Nairaland didnt see fit/appropriate to give me a reason as to why i was banned. . . . . . . . . they just locked my profile, wrote on it that i had sent a "spam like" msg (whatever that is) and threw away the key lol!

Gosh shocked shocked shocked. It's good to read your words again.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 28, 2010
what peeps fail to understand is that there is a difference between being nice and being a dullard (ode) the characteristics u described in the post are not that of a nice guy but that of a dullard. there is nothing wrong with being nice to a lady ( i.e helping her in time of need, comforting her etc) but going around agreeing to EVERYTHING she says and requests for, even changing ur personality to siut her makes u look week and easy. no woman (or nobody for that matter) likes things too easy. a guy who is to easy is bound to get the woman bored overtime and thats when she starts looking for challenges elsewhere. my advice is be firm when u guys have a fight and u know for a fact that she was wrong DO NOT appologize no matter how long the fight drags on for. make it clear to her that u love her but will not kiss her a.s.s for NOTHING. always point out that there are tonz of girls out there u can get involved with if she shakaras too much (this i true no matter how much of a run down guy u are grin) a woman loves suspence and a little bit of uncertainty in a relationship. u dont have to be rude to do this as a woman wants a man who will take charge not one who she can roll over. the formular to keeping a woman is to be nice to her, show her u love her, but command ur respect and authority at all costs. sorry to bore yall with this long message but its the gospel truth.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 28, 2010
Bro nice guyz alwayz finish last. Suffice to say dt "REAL MEN" aint "nice". Can comfortably tell u dt when I was a "nice guy", I alwayz got the front end of d boot.Alwayz "friends" they will say. meanwhyl d bad guyz where getting it all on platter on gold laced with silver. so 4 d guyz u wanna keep on being "nice"?OYO cry
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by ayo84(m): 2:19pm On May 28, 2010
there cud be two different scenarios for being nice
ur nice to the ladies, as in giving them what they really want,or you seem to be nice by giving them nice things and not being able to give them the nicest thing they really need
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by adaraungwa(m): 2:33pm On May 28, 2010
"@pastor" YOU SCORE 80%. There are different ways of being NICE, u can be nice but your decision may be TOUGH. what can you call that?
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:14pm On May 28, 2010
nice + women= failure

get it right, the opposite in this case doesnt mean absurd thinking arrogant turd, but as for nice guy, jeez, well good luck with that.
berra grow some balls and think straight, wonder why u wanna be nice to a woman.

check it out, take your time and watch how women behave to fellow women, friends and strangers, now tell me if that can be called nice?

dude, berra wake up, being nice is different from being sensible and sensitive
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by A40(m): 3:24pm On May 28, 2010
No time for long sermon

The Kingdom of Kitty-Cat suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force

Thats food for thought fellas get a plate
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by sevule(m): 3:42pm On May 28, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

what peeps fail to understand is that there is a difference between being nice and being a dullard (ode) the characteristics u described in the post are not that of a nice guy but that of a dullard. there is nothing wrong with being nice to a lady ( i.e helping her in time of need, comforting her etc) but going around agreeing to EVERYTHING she says and requests for, even changing your personality to siut her makes u look week and easy. no woman (or nobody for that matter) likes things too easy. a guy who is to easy is bound to get the woman bored overtime and thats when she starts looking for challenges elsewhere. my advice is be firm when u guys have a fight and u know for a fact that she was wrong DO NOT appologize no matter how long the fight drags on for. make it clear to her that u love her but will not kiss her a.s.s for NOTHING. always point out that there are tonz of girls out there u can get involved with if she shakaras too much (this i true no matter how much of a run down guy u are grin) a woman loves suspence and a little bit of uncertainty in a relationship. u dont have to be rude to do this as a woman wants a man who will take charge not one who she can roll over. the formular to keeping a woman is to be nice to her, show her u love her, but command your respect and authority at all costs. sorry to bore yall with this long message but its the gospel truth.
Best answer on this post. Yep it is true that chics DO NOT LIKE nice guys, regardless of what they say. It doesnt mean you have to become nasty but u gotta have that lil bit of playa in you. Sometimes disagree with her just for the heck of it and make sure she knows that you got options.
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Faher(m): 4:51am On May 29, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

Same thing happened to be. My profile has just been un-banned after 3 days. This is beginning to irritate me. Just banning people for no reason. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by madlady(f): 5:21am On May 29, 2010
@Topic NO nice honest decent guys do not finish last, they win in the end, they get a REAL life.

A girl may ** grin look grin***at a bad guy but when it comes to marrying or running a business with a guy, the HONEST guy wins. wink
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Faher(m): 5:27am On May 29, 2010
madlady:

@Topic NO nice honest decent guys do not finish last, they win in the end, they get a REAL life.

A girl may play with a bad guy but when it comes to marrying or running business with a guy the HONEST guy wins. wink

So, she'll play with the bad guy and then the good guy gets the remnant? lmao

I've always known this and that's why I'm a bad guy now that I'm younger. When I want to settle down, I'll be good wink

I win both ways grin grin grin
Re: Do Nice Guys Finish Last? by Karlifate: 10:19am On May 03, 2021
Faher:

So, she'll play with the bad guy and then the good guy gets the remnant? lmao

I've always known this and that's why I'm a bad guy now that I'm younger. When I want to settle down, I'll be good wink

I win both ways grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Wat Is On Me?ladies Pls Tell Me. / Who Hates Vullgar Chatting!report Here! / she will 'beat' him till he dies of hunger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.