Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance (29227 Views)

5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by obuchineme: 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2008
hey chaps this is soooo cuuul and interesting.
Nigerian women have become next to gullible in their quest to please the men counterpartsAnyway wetin we go do as it was in the beginning so is now and so shall it be,
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by rubi(f): 11:50pm On Oct 08, 2008
What a wonderful thread!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2008
girl get alive, that's GARBAGE! A man is responsible for whateva he turns out to become. Other factors may contribute but he has the ability to refuse or accept.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2008
besides tolerance is a virtue. but not to be mistaken for stupidy
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by abujabooks(f): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2008
Agree.

We need to change.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by cattymap: 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2008
in all fearness there are always bad apples in all societies, eastern europeans do treat their woman like slaves, then cheat on them as well. it is therefore wrong to put all the nigerian man in one catagory. like in all societies there those who ill-treat women and those who are lovely to woman. having dated a cheating nigerian man four years ago, i swore to the fact that i would never make the same mistake again. he was having multiple affairs and under my nose too. those are the bad apples. i recently met a wonderful nigerian guy, who treats me like a princess, which has want to learn more about nigeria, i am to do this by spending most of my gap year in nigeria, and alone. its high time people stopped painting nigerians as individuals with the worst characteristic based on a few individuals behaviours. nigeria also has great, honest man. oh and i am not nigerian.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by cattymap: 11:22pm On Oct 12, 2008
in all fearness there are always bad apples in all societies, eastern europeans do treat their woman like slaves, then cheat on them as well. it is therefore wrong to put all the nigerian man in one catagory.  like in all societies there those who  ill-treat women and those who are lovely to woman. having dated a cheating nigerian man four years ago, i swore to the fact that i would never make the same mistake again. he was having multiple affairs and under my nose too. those are the bad apples. i recently met a wonderful nigerian guy, who treats me like a princess, which has want to learn more about nigeria, i am to do this by spending most of my gap year in nigeria, and alone, an issue we ( my boyfriend and i ) have agreed on, suggesting he respects my voice. its high time people stopped painting nigerians as individuals with the worst characteristic based on a few individuals behaviours. nigeria also has great, honest man. oh and i am a non- nigerian who has developed a love
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by tpia: 11:23pm On Oct 12, 2008
well, as long as Nigerian men continue trying to mold foreign women into their ideal "Nigerian" wife, its only natural for the women to wonder at the nature of traditional men/women relationships in Nigeria.

Someone wasnt raised Nigerian in any way, yet you keep telling her this is how "Nigerian" women do things. (an attitude which doesnt make sense to me, talkless a non-Nigerian). If you're so stuck on Nigeria, then why date outside Nigeria?

Of course, there are some foreign and Nigerian women whose ideal life involves being bound hand and foot to some guy, and worshipping the ground he walks on. But at the end of the day, turning yourself into a doormat doesnt really earn you that much respect from the man himself. However, some people dont mind that, I guess.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by akiva: 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2008
I sincerely agree with you if you were part of the 60's, just about the time women all over the world had no rights, but if you're talking bout now, you whould have to travel to the deep vilage and maybe "religious" states to find such, which is mot exactly as you put it cos they do have the right to choose and blive me they chose polygamy,not that it chose them. my advise. go to lagos and see the number of married women in big cars with a nanny at the back seat and signs reading "baby on board" or try datting a lagos chick then you may consider writting on the plight of the nigerian men. better yet write on super eagles or something that way people whould still listern to you and even like you. Big shout out to all my Beautiful 9ja women in the house. Una too much joo! wink
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by lucabrasi(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2008
while we are talking about silly streotypes about nigerian men, would you also agree that nigerian men catering to nigerian girls/women's financial needs have spoilt them??
is that why nigerian girls all over the world including nigeria,so full of drama and judge a man's compatibility by the car he drives and how much he has in his account or if he is capable of "taking care of me"
you look for a guy who is ready to "take care of you" then turn around to blame nigerian men for treating you like second class citizens,when have you ever paid for a meal like the western women do that you r comparing yourselves to?
when have you paid half for the rent or mortgage or other household expences instead of living it to "the head of the family"
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by godII1(m): 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2008
u have got to be kidding me!
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by agaba123(m): 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2008
British women spoil British men with Over tolerance.

AS the laziest husband in Britain, shameless Kevin Pyle never lifts a finger around the house.
He even gets long-suffering wife Karen to squeeze paste on to his toothbrush and watches from the window while she mows the grass.

From putting his socks on for him to changing the TV channel, Karen knows only too well the lengths her bone idle other half will go to to avoid putting himself out — because she fill in the gaps.

In fact no job is too small for Kevin to delegate to his exhausted family.

He also “employs” his kids, Karl, 18, and 13-year-old Charlotte to do his chores — but has never rewarded either with a penny.

Karen moans: “He’s got worse over the years. He barely does anything for himself now.”

Kevin and Karen, both 35, live in Fenham, Newcastle. They have been together since they were teenage sweethearts and she has endured 22 YEARS of his idleness.

Karen says: “He definitely wasn’t as lazy as he is now when we first met! I think he’s getting worse as he’s getting older. I run his bath and swirl the water so there’s bubbles.

“Sometimes he will be holding his toothbrush but he will call for us to come and put toothpaste on it, even though it’s right in front of him.

“I do it all for him because I love him — I must do to put up with him!

“He never answers the phone, even if I’m in the bath — I have to get out and pick it up.”

Karen continues: “A typical day starts with me bringing him a full English breakfast in bed with tea. . . . .

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/real_life/article1825604.ece
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by agaba123(m): 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2008
Go through the link for pictures.

And tell me what you think. It is in Britain not in Nigeria. They are british not Nigerians
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by namun(f): 2:46am On Oct 21, 2008
why not look the truth in the face an d say. that is what is presently happening in most parts of the country although some of the habits are gradually fading off. look around, most men still want to be traeted like Gods most especially when he has made money. he cheats on you and he comes homes and you are the one that even begs for forgiveness for whatevea u ve done, and he does it again. please whoa re we fooling
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by namun(f): 3:13am On Oct 21, 2008
nigerian men need to get off their high horse. they are not Gods and their should be equality in the sexes. what is good for the goose should be good for the gander
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Leilah(f): 6:40pm On Oct 21, 2008
It does not say anything as to whether Karen works or not?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by DisGuy: 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2008
totally agree  grin

thanks to the older generation who still want you to be patient o
he might change his mind about the 5th wife. . . . . wink

and to the younger generation running to their mummy every time there's a problem
in their house tongue

instead of slapping/leaving/strangling him they even pray over it  grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by April22(f): 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2008

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance
« #49 on: September 15, 2008, 03:34 AM »

I am here in Brazil, have a thousands of nigerians, almost of them have wife in nigeria and here, they used say to nigerian wife that he just got married for papers , and for brazilian wife , he used say he goes to naija to visit his family (truth). But the problem is : one day , after they make the money they re suppossed make, they ll be back to Nigeria, because the dream of average of them is retire in village , what will happen with the brazilian wife and kids here ?

one day the truth will appear and it might be late

I met a guy here, nigerian, his wife were waiting for him during 10 years, he used send money to her, now he died.

Lips sealed

I'm an AA woman married to a Nigerian man. What one Nigerian man told me is he's heard of Nigerian men going to Brazil, meeting a woman and not coming back. It's interesting here how you're telling the whole story. The other thing is AA men usually think of Brazilian women as submissive and willing to do anything in bed. So it's interesting how from your perspective, Nigerian women are too tolerant.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by April22(f): 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2008
Leilah, I agree with your post on Nigerian men who go abroad for "business trips," and their wife seems to not care or think about what he's probably doing. But it's not just Nigerian women who put up with it. I know AA women married to Nigerian men who do too. I guess they either don't want to think along those lines or don't want to be single or lose their good lifestyle.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Leilah(f): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2008
Well I don't think I could have a decent nights sleep knowing he was 'out and about' there are just too many pretty husband snatchers out there and whats a man supposed to do. lipsrsealed

More importantly though, there are just too many STD's also sad
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2008
Make this thread rest!
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by April22(f): 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2008
Leilah:

Well I don't think I could have a decent nights sleep knowing he was 'out and about' there are just too many pretty husband snatchers out there and whats a man supposed to do. lipsrsealed

More importantly though, there are just too many STD's also sad

Amen to that! And there's no way I would let my husband go by himself to Nigeria for a month's long visit or anywhere else for that matter!!
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Leilah(f): 10:22pm On Dec 03, 2008
very well April22, so many women let their husbands go anywhere they like!

there is even one lady I know who lets her husband live in Poland and her in London for the last five years! they are still married though,
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by April22(f): 1:04am On Dec 04, 2008
Leilah:

very well April22, so many women let their husbands go anywhere they like!

there is even one lady I know who lets her husband live in Poland and her in London for the last five years! they are still married though,

I'm know a few AAs who have been in long distance marriages. I know two couples who live (or used to) at least 10 hour drive away from each other and two couples who live in different countries with one in the US and the other abroad in Nigeria, Europe. These are mainly people in their 40s and 50s. I think they may have a have a hard time getting a job opportunity or someone gets a good job offer and they're either are both content where they are or the other person can't get a matching offer. But this is becoming the new wave. I have a cousin who lived in the south and her husband lived up north for several years and she even had a baby during that time. I tell you. I think people did this back in the day, but it's coming back. What I'm curious about is if some are living double lives or maybe they're mature enough to handle the distance.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by nkasi87(f): 12:21am On Jan 02, 2009
I agree with you on this.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by blissfullynaughty: 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2009
I agree with the Original Poster Up To a Certain Extent. The thing is if all the women in Naija were not to take nonsense from their husbands, the men would certainly change. I mean, why on earth will a man be willing to help and do some housework/cooking/looking after the kids when they are abroad, but turn to some male chauvinist pig once they thread on their home soil? It's about time that there was a paradigm shift in the attitudes of our people. . . both male and female.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Wumine(f): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2009
I 100% agree with you
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by grillade4u: 11:25am On Aug 22, 2009
u men have showed in your attitude and utterances that u r indeed pigs. A westerner would talk to a lady politely and with respect BUT U?? U say one thing with your words and attitude and hope to mean something else.The lady's views r her entitlement just comment ''nicely'' or SHUT THE F***K UP!
U DONT NEED TO ACCEPT THIS, your ATTITUDE HAS SPOKEN VOLUMES,  U PORKS GOOD ONLY FOR CHEWING!
Am a Nigerian lady married to a Nigerian MAN, not scums of the earth like u all commenting brashly to a lady.
He has cheated like everyother Nigerian man BUT love is what has kept me, 
i dont fear being alone cos u can be alone even while married so BIG DEAL!
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by agathamari(f): 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2009
@simibrasil
you hit the nail on the head. people "dating/tasting" multiple girls. have multiple wives and getting mad when the wife is upset about the mistresses. when the husbands friends cme over she is expected to leave the room. if she is talking and one of the male guests intrups her she is to stop speaking. guest come to the house when a woman gives birth and hours after labor she is expected to prepare dinner for a house full of people.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Outstrip(f): 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2009
agathamari a woman that goes to that length does that of her own free will. She has no one to blame but herself. I agree with you though that women have done that and even worse. A friend of mine did something almost equally stupid recently and I wondered if she was not mentally unstable. Some people just simply refuse to help themselves
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by tureal(m): 7:43am On Dec 01, 2009
@SimiBrasil what the Bleep are you doin here bitch,, ,, you roting thing, are your stupid brasilian men of any good slot,, ,,
you open your smelling month to talk about Nigerians when your men are busy fucking themself,, ,, why don't you post a topic on one of your brasilian web site and tell your men to stop been gay and start fucking pussy,, ,, you little prostitude infact i guess you are on drugs why dont you go get yourself fixup or better sill go suck some dicks and stop wasting your time doing reseach on Nigerian men,, ,, you said you dated a Nigerian you lieyer the Nigerian guy is only using you to satisfy his sexuall desire,, ,, which Nigerian man will wast his time with a Brasilial hole,, ,, go to one of your canivals and see what your men do with ladies no respect for women at all they Bleep you lot anywere, anyhow, with anything infact na thunder go fire you oluku,, ,, ashowo kobkob
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 01, 2009
Tureal, take it easy, read through the whole thread.

Getting abusive the way you are doing, only serves to confirm there's some element of truth in what the OP said.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria / What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! / My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.