Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance (29204 Views)

5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2008
oziomatv

Beautiful watch !
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Sisikill: 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

You sef. You know VERY well that's what he's going to use as his excuse.
Of course now, that's why they call it TYPICAL BEHAVIOR!! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by JustGood(m): 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2008
Sisikill:

ROTFLMAO! Oh my God! She is right? What has she been saying all this time? If you had paid attentions, this thread won't be in page 14. She tried every which way to explain to you but you refused to listen, your word is law, all other be damned. From page 1 post 5 and 6, you started insulting. . . what was that about? My God man! Aren't you a wee bit embarrassed, that after you have cursed from here to high heavens, you come and tell her she's right? What happened. . . se oju la kayin mo ni? Are you going to apologise to the person you called Oloshi? Are you going to undo the epees?

And who said it doesn't happen all over the world But we are talking about NIGERIAN MEN HERE, so pointing fingers at other people's crime to justify anything was just immature. We have a problem, let's deal with it but noooo, other people are doing it too, so no need. Shaking my head

I'm still waiting for you on the other thread. . . if you DARE. I know you've already read it, hence the sudden change of mind and cool temper. Rotflmao, Typical!

One last thing, please, please don't insult our intelligence by saying it was the SOME not ALL, that changed your mind. . . we know better.

You are pathetic! As I said, it's that behavious that gets people like you to this stage of your lives. You did not follow the thread but you are quick to say that I did not read the thread.
My point here has been that it's not unique to nigeria but because morons that you support did not like that and insulted me, it took a new turn.

Perhaps you will go back and start reading and hopefully you will be able to understand what people write before jumping on bandwagons simply because women like you are being talked to!

If you are not stupid, you will be able to bring out anywhere that I stated that she is wrong in saying that Nigerians have one attribute or another. Stop being daft!

If I dare You know how many men you have dared in your life and where did it all get you?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by JustGood(m): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

You sef. You know VERY well that's what he's going to use as his excuse.

oh my gawd. the group is still intact. When will one of the group get a life?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by JustGood(m): 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2008
If you can answer YES to these, please respond so we can discuss:

1. Are you a failure with regards to having relationships?
2. Are you frustrated with the fact that you are unable to achieve anything tangible since you moved abroad, including finding a husband?
3. Are men using you and not wanting to marry you for various made-up reasons?
4. Are you ashamed of admitting that you are a relationship failure?
5. Do you have child(ren) for a man and the man wants nothing to do with you?

It just could be that you are frustrated with life at this stage of your life.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2008
Where are Siena & Cia to ask for them stop insulting/calling names ? tongue
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by KarmaMod(f): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2008
we'll get a "life" when you get one. At least we're still young. What's your excuse? Agbaya -itis cheesy

How much is your yahooze boss paying you for your questionnaire. Olori bu alabajo. grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by JustGood(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2008

2. Are you frustrated with the fact that you are unable to achieve anything tangible since you moved abroad, including finding a husband?

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2008

I will answer for you, I hope y feel happy now.

YES, I ALWAYS FAILLURE, THE MEN DOENST FEEL ATRACTED FOR ME , MAYBE BECAUSE I AM FAT AND I DONT HAVE TEETH, I DONT KNOW WHATS MY PROBLEM BOOOOO
YES, I AM VERY UNHAPPY BECAUSE OF IT, I WORK A LOT, EVEN DURING THE WEEKENDS AND I COULDNT BUY EVEN A SIMPLE CAR MODEL 1980. WHILE SOME PEOPLE HAVE A LOT OTHER HAVE NOTHING. IT IS NOT FAIR, MY MUM DONT PUT HONEY IN MY BUTT WHEN I WAS BORN.  embarassed
YES, THEY USE ME LIKE A GLASS OF WATER, DRINK AND PUT IN THE TRASH'
YES, I AM VERU ASHAMED, BUT WHAT CAN I DO ? I HAVE TO FACE THE REALITY.
NO, I DONT HAVE CHILDREN, THEY FEAR THE BABE BORN WITH MY UGLY FACE , THAT IS SO , , SO WHEN WE MAKE LOVE , THEY USED WEAR 5 CONDOW TO AVOID MY PREGNANCY.
YES, I AM VERY FRUSTRADED, I GUESS THE ONLY SOLUTION IS DIE AND BORN AGAIN, BECAUSE THE WAY IT IS , IT CANT BE WORST  tongue
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by KarmaMod(f): 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2008
grin

funny girl.

Do you know what part of Nigeria you may be from, simi?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2008
KarmaMod (f)

No idea

I am slave descendent, I lost my last name, roots and everything.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Angelheart: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2008
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! Why did I contribute to this thread again? Some people can be melodramatic in here! Na really wah!!! So much drama in this house. All because someone opened up room for a debate??
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2008
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! Why did I contribute to this thread again? Some people can be melodramatic in here! Na really wah!!! So much drama in this house. All because someone opened up room for a debate??

Someone no, I opened and I am the drama queen tongue
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by na2day2(m): 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ poster

i dont know what tribe of nigerians u have been talking to, if u cheat on a warri girl and she catch u, ur own don finish oooo.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Sisikill: 3:47am On Sep 20, 2008
Simi, do you know what over sabi means? it's when they tell you to answer yes or no and you overdo it by writing eassy. Gah! You are such an apple polisher, teacher's pet!  angry

Now, I'm gonna fail the exam because I didn't describe how the man ripped my heart out, stumped on it, kick it for a mile, hit it with a baseball bat, blended it, tried to feed it to his dog, the dog took one look at it, threw up in it. . . leaving Mr. Man no choice but to flush it down the drain!! Oh I hurts! It hurts!  cry cry cry

na2day?:

@ poster

i don't know what tribe of nigerians u have been talking to, if u cheat on a warri girl and she catch u, your own don finish oooo.

LMAO! What will she do?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by na2day2(m): 4:01am On Sep 20, 2008
ah! acid shall be thy portion oooo. if she get knife, she go go for your johnson and perform emergency surgery
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 11:22am On Sep 20, 2008
Sisikill

Thanks for explanations.
Can y tell me when use dey,na and what it means.

What does LMAO means ?

Thanks

PS: oooo I already know
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by FlyDiva(f): 11:44am On Sep 20, 2008
You know what i am of the earnest opinion that any Nigerian (male or female) that disagrees with the OP is just swimming and infact drowning in a deep sea of denial, we all know the truth that we spoil Nigerian men, so that is why they have problems with those that can stand up to them and they start labelling us with "names". Sometimes it's not exactly our fault, it's mostly instilled in us as our core values, traditions, cultures and even religion. And these men are the worse for it.

@poster
i must say in truth that although the general idea is right, on the content is a Lil outdated, we spoil our men but not necessarily in those ways cos those actually seem a little outlandish, in now applies in more contemporary, modern albeit minute circumstances.
i mean i have a cousin who can't possibly go to school if his girlfriend doesn't pack his bag for him, really. and she doesn't see anything wrong with him cheating on her as well.
Our general slogan, "all men cheat, so handle it", the only amendment to that is make sure you don't bring it close enough to me that people begin to mock me,
and that my fellows is the truth, i  have people trying to convince of that all the time especially when i try  to voice different thoughts. it's crazy but true
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2008
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by DARKSHEDI: 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2008
Who r u angry angry angry angry angry u sure don't Know nothing about Islam or Nigerian traditional religion, their values & views on the sacred institution of marriage, obviously no nothing about, take my advice do some research, marriage is revered & respected in nija, if a man should mess up, ain't because its norm, shit happens even in brazil
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2008
Fly Diva (f)

I d like to be relax and easy going like that, I am too jeaulous and I dont tolerate cheat.

I agree 100% with your slogan.

but I can't handle it  sad
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Kenneylee(m): 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2008
Wotz actually is d prob of ds SimiBrazil or na SimiArgentina,'ll she stay in 1 God-forsaken country & begin 2 tel us wot 2 du in our country.Ryt,she met a Nig guy in Brazil behavin somow those dt mean dts ow abt half of 150million odas du.She was sayin she new abt Nigerian culture.ow many culture dos she think is in Nig?Where we av abt 100 diff tribes if nt mo.So ow possible 'll she say dt.Those of us dt leave ere self dont kno evry culture,so wu is she?SPIRIT or wot.2 most guyz in d ous I believe dey made sense replyin her n few gurls bt nt all as som agree wt her rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Alaby(m): 1:06pm On Sep 20, 2008
Look SIMIBRAZIL, i know ur trying to Bring a topic for peolple to comment on, if not so what ur saying is totally wrong, look in every ralationship there is 100 % of Misunderstanding and secondly nobody is perfect. God created different king of people and when two people meet non of them know his/her character. then later on, gradualy by gradualy u will understand hw things will work out. without argument or toleranc. the relationship won't strong
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by geerufus(m): 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2008
Though its o.k 2 stay alive. I think its rather a shame dat we are too timid. Someone accosts u at night wit a piece of wood wrapped in cloth, points it at u and barks at u to give him all u have. I bet most of us will not even be brave enuff to confirm dat the object is not really a gun. We just obey like a dummy being manipulated. Nobody wan die, abi? But don't u feel dat these petty thieves (not ARMED ROBBERS o) are just working on our psyche, because they are so sure dat we wud never look up to them to know that what they are holding is not real. Most times we see people being robbed, even when we are at a safe distance dat we can either shout or get help to get the thiefs arrested, we don't do dis, we just chicken out. Look, these guys know this attitude of ours and its giving them all the confidence they need,  shocked[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2008
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by XKZ(m): 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2008
Poster

"The Nigerian institution of marriage is unconventional by western standards"

so? who made the western culture the standard the rest of the world has to live up to?

"Polygamy is a crucial component of many women's lives. Women depend on the other wives of their husbands. The younger co-wives take on many of the household and financial responsibilities. As women get older they have the comfort of knowing that the burden of their marriage does not fall solely on their shoulders."

"To make a naija men feel in love for you and have the mind to marry you , you must play fool and act as stupid.
Make a lot of questions even if you know the answer, for they feel important, for they feel they re in the control. I know you have strenght to open a botle of coca cola  , but give it for he open for you, Ohhh honey, I can't , help me and then they will feel super men, is these kind of little bullshit that make average of them feel the Kind."

Don't you think these 2 statements of yours are contradictory. If nigerian men need to feel in control (to the extent women have to pretend to be weak and stupid) how come the younger wives shoulder the responsibilities

I don't think you know what you are talking about.
What is your theory based on? Nigerians living in brazil - how many of them do you have an intimate knowlegde of their marriages/relationships? The Net - how reliable/current is such info, do you believe all you read?
Have you ever been to Nigeria?
Such relationships as you have discribed do exist in Nigeria (as in other places) but they are one extreme of the spectrum.
You are generalizing and paintimg a one sided picture.

However you're quite funny.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2008
XKZ

so? who made the western culture the standard the rest of the world has to live up to?
INTELIGENT POINT. I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT BEFORE

"Polygamy is a crucial component of many women's lives. Women depend on the other wives of their husbands. The younger co-wives take on many of the household and financial responsibilities. As women get older they have the comfort of knowing that the burden of their marriage does not fall solely on their shoulders."

"To make a naija men feel in love for you and have the mind to marry you , you must play fool and act as stupid.
Make a lot of questions even if you know the answer, for they feel important, for they feel they re in the control. I know you have strenght to open a botle of coca cola  , but give it for he open for you, Ohhh honey, I can't , help me and then they will feel super men, is these kind of little bullshit that make average of them feel the Kind."

Don't you think these 2 statements of yours are contradictory. If nigerian men need to feel in control (to the extent women have to pretend to be weak and stupid) how come the younger wives shoulder the responsibilities

YES, ONE STATEMENT THE WRITTER MADE AND THE SECOND ONE I MADE, THE LIFE IS FULL OF CONTRADICTIONS,

I don't think you know what you are talking about.
I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT, I AM NOT BLONDE, SOMEONE CALLED ME WHITE ONE TIME , LOL, I HAVE PIC IN MY PROFILE. I DONT KNOW THERE, BUT HERE BLONDE = STUPID

YES OMOGE, I DONT FEAR JUJU ANYMORE, LOL.
What is your theory based on? Nigerians living in brazil - how many of them do you have an intimate knowlegde of their marriages/relationships?
THE WHOLE COMMUNITY, I AM VERY ACTIVE IN THE CHURCH, I TAKE CARE OF ALL CHILDREN, MAKE CAKES TO ALL PARTIES, VISIT THEM IN THEIR HOUSE, I HAVE TO EAT FOOD FULL OF PEPPER, HMMMM, I AM GET USED WITH IT, LOL.

The Net - how reliable/current is such info, do you believe all you read?
NAIRALAND AND SIMILAR SITES ARE THE MIRROR OF THE SOCIETY, WHAT PEOPLE DOENST HAVE COURAGE TO TALK FACE TO FACE, THEY WILL TALK HERE, BECAUSE NO ONE WILL KNOW Y ANYWAY, Y LL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM AND KEEP ANONIMOUS, SO YES, I BELIEVE A LOT OF THINGS I READ BECAUSE MAKE SENSE AND FITS WITH MY OWN EXPERIENCE, I HAVE SENSITIVITY TO REALIZE WHAT IS TRUTH AND WHAT IS NO SENSE.

Have you ever been to Nigeria?
NOT YET, MY DREAM. NOW I HAVE A BRASILIAN FRIEND LIVING THERE WILL BE EASY, SHE TOLD ME BASIC STUFFS IS OVER EXPENSIVE THERE AND EVERYTHING IS MONEY MONEY MONEY, LOL, SO I LL SAVE GOOD MONEY AND GO, THEN I GUESS I LL HAVE MORE CREDIBILITY WHEN I POST HERE oooo

Such relationships as you have discribed do exist in Nigeria (as in other places) but they are one extreme of the spectrum.
I AM AWARE ABOUT IT, BUT IN THIS STRONG WAY JUST IN SOME COUNTRIES IN AFRICA AND SOME COUNTRIES AT ARABE EMIRATES, I GUESS.

You are generalizing and paintimg a one sided picture.
IT IS WHAT YOU THINK SO, I WROTE SOME AND NOT ALL,lol. EVERY RULE HAS EXPECTION AND WITH THIS ONE WOULD BE NOT DIFFERENT

MY BRAZILIAN FRIEND LIVES THERE AND IS MARRIED WITH A NAIJA, HE USED SHOW AFFECTION TO HER AND TREAT HER IN A LOVELY WAY IN PUBLIC, HER NEIGHBOORS AND PEOPLE AROUND LOOK AT HER LIKE IT IS SOMETHING FROM THE ANOTHER WORLD, FUNNY. I LIKE THIS CULTURED SHOCKED

However you're quite funny.
AND YOU ARE INTELIGENT AND POLITE, YOU DISAGREE WITH ME IN SOPHISTICATED WAY, NO LIKE SOME OTHER PEOPLE HERE THAT ATTACK ME IN A CRAZY WAY.

BIZU
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2008
@ the frozen heads in here

Little people, don't be sad that now you are nothing so special.

Try and live with it.

By the grace of God, you shall over come the hard times!

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by monatoetje: 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2008
So, because you are active in the church , bake cake for them and visit them that makes you an expert on Nigerian men and their relationship with women??
It`s okay to discuss about different cultures but what you do is generalizing.

I have been to Nigeria 3 times and stayed up to 5 months , still i believe i have a lot to learn about the culture.
And so far majority of the Nigerian men we know are not like the men described in that article.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by powderPink(f): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2008
I agree with this topic 100% women put up with far too much, trifling dawgs
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2008
monatoetje:

So, because you are active in the church , bake cake for them and visit them that makes you an expert on Nigerian men and their relationship with women??
It`s okay to discuss about different cultures but what you do is generalizing.

I have been to Nigeria 3 times and stayed up to 5 months , still i believe i have a lot to learn about the culture.
And so far majority of the Nigerian men we know are not like the men described in that article.

Take a chill pill jare. Wetin be your own sef?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by XKZ(m): 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2008
SimiBrasil:

AND YOU ARE INTELIGENT AND POLITE, YOU DISAGREE WITH ME IN SOPHISTICATED WAY, NO LIKE SOME OTHER PEOPLE HERE THAT ATTACK ME IN A CRAZY WAY.

BIZU

Thank you.
But what do you expect, when you tell grown men they have been spoilt? tongue

SimiBrasil:

The Net - how reliable/current is such info, do you believe all you read?
NAIRALAND AND SIMILAR SITES ARE THE MIRROR OF THE SOCIETY, WHAT PEOPLE DOENST HAVE COURAGE TO TALK FACE TO FACE, THEY WILL TALK HERE, BECAUSE NO ONE WILL KNOW Y ANYWAY, Y LL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM AND KEEP ANONIMOUS, SO YES, I BELIEVE A LOT OF THINGS I READ BECAUSE MAKE SENSE AND FITS WITH MY OWN EXPERIENCE, I HAVE SENSITIVITY TO REALIZE WHAT IS TRUTH AND WHAT IS NO SENSE.

The population (sample/group) you are dealing with (studying) is a major determinant for example what is true of our parents may not be true of the younger generation, that's what I meant by how current/reliable is your info.
With regards to what you pick up from sites , there is a saying that the fact that frogs in a pond make a lot of noise doesn't make them the largest, most important or most numerous occupants of the pond; there might actually be only 2 of them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Few Tips For Husbands Of Pregnant Women. / Transformation Of 3 Children Tortured In Akwa Ibom After Being Tagged Witches / Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.