Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,196 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance (29299 Views)

5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2008
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by tRoOE(f): 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2008
JustGood:

Oloshi Karmanod, you no go ever find any man to take care of your life. You have been in search since you were rejected. keep trying; someone on nairaland might just help you out but you have to help him get papers to live in yankee.

Rejected woman wey no get life

[size=13pt]Hehehehehe grin grin grin
ROTFLMFAO
This shit is so funny grin grin grin
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2008
Siena

I don't insult someone for a long time.

Why did y wrote it ?

Siena, deixa de posar de bom moço e ser piegas, ok ?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by monatoetje: 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2008
Simi : There`s nothing wrong with defending your opinion , however you can do that without calling people names.

2 : No i didn`t discover africa. It only takes a lil common sense and some historybooks or google LOL to discover that different groups of people with different religions/cultures/customs have been changing over centuries. wink
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2008
monatoetje

You are no one to tell what I have to do or not. I have already stoped calling people name if you still didnt realize, but if you start irritaded me again, I might come back , lol

No i didn`t discover africa. It only takes a little common sense and some historybooks or google LOL to discover that different groups of people with different religions/cultures/customs have been changing over centuries

Seriously ? wow, amazing! Thanks for the info.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by KarmaMod(f): 12:29am On Sep 19, 2008
Oloshi Karmanod, you no go ever find any man to take care of your life. You have been in search since you were rejected. keep trying; someone on nairaland might just help you out but you have to help him get papers to live in yankee

Lmao look at this jealous AGBAYA. Iya ni Oloshi. Not me, Mr Omo Ale.

Sisi, is it just me or isnt it that all these "alabajo" people. their only "insult" is that a person wont find man,. lmao don't know who told them a person no get man in the first place. Rofl. Maybe that's how they keep their own women in line. Thank God im not part of the "alabajos"

Mr Agbaya, keep those kind of "insults" for your people, it might work for them but not us. You know nothing about my life and all the pathetic "jabs" in the world isnt going to make me run around looking for a way to prove it to some pathetic yahooze that is bitter because he was rejected by the US embassey. Oloribu baba alailojuti. cheesy

Immature lunatic.  grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by A40(m): 1:50am On Sep 19, 2008
Ohh no not another male bashing thread shocked
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Queenisha1: 2:45am On Sep 19, 2008
The thread still dey?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by affee(f): 8:15am On Sep 19, 2008
Simi dear,

U live in brazil abi, and U got Ur initial information from Nigerians living in brazil.
Girl the people that gave U this EVIL information dont know what they are talking about.
first of all ask them why they ran away from naija.
my dear it's total b*llsh*t.
I am HAPPILY married and sister I come first in my Husbands' life.
Nobody has the amount of power I have in my husbands family.
Nothing happens without my approval and I am just 24.
I dont take rubbish from men.
so simi tell those lie lie prophets that the naija they ran away from has changed.

and I believe that when U really fall in love U have to swallow ur pride and accept some things so the relationship can work.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 19, 2008
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by affee(f): 9:17am On Sep 19, 2008
My brother no vex

Of course not all of U r on the run
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 19, 2008
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by affee(f): 9:38am On Sep 19, 2008
thank u my broter for not vexing

it's just I really get pissed off when foreigners say things that are not true about naija
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 19, 2008
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by JustGood(m): 9:59am On Sep 19, 2008
It is good to see that some responsible Nigerian women exist. Affee, God bless you and your family.

The responsibly married women will never come and out to say that Nigerian men are over-indulged. It is a case of sour grapes for women who are unable to find decent men. I dont have problems with them for feeling aggrieved but I have problems when they try to generalise their own unique circumstances, relating such to majority of Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by biolabee(m): 12:22pm On Sep 19, 2008
Siena, no longer pose as a good boy and be slushy, okay? lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

simi u really r an interesting xter
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by amaikama(m): 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2008
What I really don't understand is this, these people that are talking about naija this! naija that, have they taking time to visit naija to ascertain what they hear is true or not? You can't just base your argument on hear say and conclude. even your research tells you nothing concrete about naija.

Please, if ever you have something negative to say, look your self in the mirror and ask your self, ""is every naija man or woman a saint."" all what the poster is talking about is in every culture in a diverse ways. no country, culture, man, woman is perfect when it comes to marriages or any form of union.

I rest my case.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by KarmaMod(f): 12:49pm On Sep 19, 2008
JustGay, find a different tune. You're like a bloody broken record and your songs arent even interesting in the first place, like I said before keep those "jabs" for your people. Predictable alabajo Loser  cheesy

amaikama:

Please, if ever you have something negative to say, look your self in the mirror and ask your self, ""is every naija man or woman a saint."" all what the poster is talking about is in every culture in a diverse ways. no country, culture, man, woman is perfect when it comes to marriages or any form of union.

While i agree with you, I must ask where are you whiny males when numerous threads stating "why are Naija girls so greedy". "Why are they all gold diggers", "why do they all go for aristos", where are you people to say "oh not all naija girls are like that, infact that don't even make up 2%". Ironically you people are no where to be found.

If Naija women say that they spoil their men, even those of us in relationships and the married ones agree that we do spoil our men to a large extent, how can you tell us that we are wrong?  Also Simi made it clear that she's going by what she hears from the Naija men in Brazil so can you really blame her? Best you can do is try to teach her otherwise(not sure how that is possible as we all know it's true mainly because of our society), instead of blatantly insulting her and bringing up crimes of Brazil that has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Sisikill: 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2008
And the African MAN who wrote this, is it sour grapes catching him too? He is looking for Naija man like you  to marry, right? LMAO, yeah okay. . . 

Simi dear, I hope after reading this, You’ll stop feeling the way certain people want you to feel. . . as if you are just plucking things out of the air. You are not crazy girl, okay? Just don’t stoop to insults again, it’s just a bait to make you come off irrational.
The African Man's view of Marriage

The woman is not equal to the man - the man leads without consultations with his wife, her opinions are not needed.

The in-equality of how African men view their wives lead to the woman being beaten. In America it is called physically abuse, in Africa she is being put in her place so she can know who runs the house. It is not uncommon for some men to have special "belt" to "discipline" their wives and children.

Due to Dowry or Bride Price – the African woman is seen as a property, the severity of this depends on the tribe in Africa. This is often displayed at the death of the man, my people (Yorubas) would usually give a woman to the brother of the dead (I had an uncle who accepted his brother's wife, only to die himself within a year), and the Ibos (my other people by marriage) in Eastern Nigeria would usually take all the property of the dead man and live the woman with little or nothing of the properties the couple acquire together (I know the case of an Mbaise couple just two years ago).

Polygamy or adultery in whatever shape is accepted - While my grandpa had 10 wives and they all knew each other, the men of my dads generation, kept (or still keep) the other woman at another location. Many times the other family show up at the man's funeral or the larger family call a meeting to introduce the "baby" wife and her children to the one at home (Iyale). It is not uncommon for African women to accept their husbands open adultery as long as he is taking care of them (taking care of is a relative term).

Public show of affection or display of emotion is absolutely frowned at - The man cannot show affection to his wife, he risk being called a "woman wrapper" or the superstitious ones would say the wife has washed her "private part" in the man's stew (soup) to arrest his love. Many men want to show affection, but they stay away in order not to be called names. Some brave men actually show affection, but the wife that gets most of the husbands affection always get the brunt of being the favorite from the other wives in a polygamous home.

Money is used as a dominant factor or tool of control in a typical African home - the man would usually make more money and the wife(s) and children are at the mercy of the man for food money and school fees.

[b] Most men in Africa see their job as bringing home the bacon and nothing more and it is the wives job to cook food and raise the children, whatever that entails. [/b]In twenty-six years of living in Nigeria, I did not know one family that had a joint account and for those that I have encountered at conferences whose parent had joint account, it is usually their mom giving her pay-check to the dad without asking any questions and him doing whatever he wants with the money, no budgeting or mutual planning.

An African man would have problem with the woman making more money than him because he believes a part of his manhood has been taking away. A Sudanese man (refugee) in my city resigned his job because his wife made more net income than him when they got their first pay-check in America (they worked in the same factory).

The extended family is more important than the wife to an African man - an African man would listen and do what the Dad or Mom wants before listening to his wife's opinion. In His head when making decisions, the extended family comes before his nuclear family; his wife would always take care of the children.

An African man that has spent at least 20 formative years in Africa would have most of the above traits ingrained in him because that is what he saw and in most cases taught growing up (Se bi Okunrin - behave like a man), if that man is educated he probably won't boast about it but would still show it in his behavior, indicating that exposure to education is not the solution to this line of thinking.

When the African man and his wife relocate to a western country, he then faces a new set of culture that in many ways contradicts what he grew up with and his attitude to his new challenges determines his relationship with his wife, children and success in his new environment.   

We can clearly see why a certain person thinks Nairaland is Naija, giving the sense of entitlement to shut people down. Let's thank our lucking stars this isn't face to face or most of us we be wearing eye patch, POP on our arms and legs from the blows we will be dealt with for not obeying his Authori-taaay! Little South Park Humor grin

Simi when you are less busy, read this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-173283.0.html
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Sisikill: 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ KarmaMod
Rotflmao! I swear I can't wrap my head around this.

Did you see his questionnaire. . . like what is that supposed to prove?

All sorts of Orisirisi. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by kumbalo(m): 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2008
TOTAL MISINFORMATION MISS 'BRAZIL RESIDENT' embarassed
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Sisikill: 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2008
My dear African woman, please don't feel guilty about calling the police on a husband who has made you a punching bag, in-fact feel free to tell your husband that Femi Awodele said, the next time he touches you, you'll call the police and file charges.

LMAO! The best part of the article from a fellow African man. . . telling women not take crap any more.

If you know an African man struggling with low-self esteem, jealousy and constantly harasses his wife or women in general may I recommend my book "Peculiar Conflict - African Marriages in Western Culture"

Now I know what to get somebody for Christamas. . . Karma, you wanna go halfsies with me? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by JustGood(m): 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2008
If you can answer YES to these, please respond so we can discuss:

1. Are you a failure with regards to having relationships?
2. Are you frustrated with the fact that you are unable to achieve anything tangible since you moved abroad, including finding a husband?
3. Are men using you and not wanting to marry you for various made-up reasons?
4. Are you ashamed of admitting that you are a relationship failure?
5. Do you have child(ren) for a man and the man wants nothing to do with you?

It just could be that you are frustrated with life at this stage of your life.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Sisikill: 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2008
A Yes? That's all it will take to get a somewhat rational hopefully response from you? 
No Biggie. . . do you want crying too? Oh never mind, I’ll put it in anyway

*Clears throat, flexes shoulder*

ok, here goes

*Loosens wrapper and head tie, throws self on the floor, starts weeping. . . saliva and catarrh dripping weeping*

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

Meet me on this thread. . . I dared You!  cool

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-173283.0.html
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2008
Sisikill

I love naija men and their culture even if sometimes it shocked with my own believes, but is it that makes the life interesting, the life d be booring if everyone thinks the same. The opposite feels atracted, the love is irracional, etc,

My point is SOME (not generaliting) naija women spoil SOME naija men because their over tolerance.

I read here in nairaland a discussion betwen americans and naija, someone open a thread specif to men, and some naija start giving their own opinion, one american replied: share up, I dont want hear from you because y (naija women) are too tolerant and one naija replied: BUT WE ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT UNDERSTAND OUR MEN, oooooo so cute , lol. I couldnt find the thread again to copy here.

Today is Friday ooo, no fight please ! Let's eat fufu and dance guereuá , jejeje
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by JustGood(m): 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2008
SimiBrasil:

Sisikill

I love naija men and their culture even if sometimes it shocked with my own believes, but is it that makes the life interesting, the life d be booring if everyone thinks the same. The opposite feels atracted, the love is irracional, etc,

My point is SOME (not generaliting) naija women spoil SOME naija men because their over tolerance.
I read here in nairaland a discussion betwen americans and naija, someone open a thread specif to men, and some naija start giving their own opinion, one american replied: share up, I don't want hear from you because y (naija women) are too tolerant and one naija replied: BUT WE ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT UNDERSTAND OUR MEN, oooooo so cute , lol. I couldnt find the thread again to copy here.

Today is Friday ooo, no fight please ! Let's eat fufu and dance guereuá , jejeje

You are right here!

But it is found all over the world; not just 9ja. It is human nature. I used to head a voluntary organisation here and the statistics will shock you when you read what some white men also do to their women and how much the women go through. It's an individual thing and it's not just about nationality
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2008
JustGood (m)

How are the weather over there ? Here is cold, cool just for sleep and eat .
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by JustGood(m): 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2008
The weather is fine here. getting colder though. I'll be escaping it for a few days next week hoping that my trip will bring better weather my way. thanks
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2008
example:

Amaka works during the whole day, she has a salon and she is always running because she has 3 kids, work outside, work inside everyday. I was watching TV at her house and her husband arrived for dinner, he didnt like the food she made, and then she start making another one, she was cool, she didnt complain.

Then , the same thing happen to me, and the "focus of my attention" expect I do the same. But I think it is abuse . I have worked much more than him , so why do I have to cook again ? I have tryed if he didn't like , I am so sorry. The men should underdtand and have sense but he was selfish.

So, betwen a foreign and a original naija, who will he choise ? of course is more convenient the first one , lol.

How naija women afects the relationship with naija men with foreigns? this one will be my next thread, lol.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by oziomatv(m): 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2008
SimiBrasil:

How naija women afects the relationship with naija men with foreigns? this one will be my next thread, lol.
Please Simi don't come with that topic caus I'm involved.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Sisikill: 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2008
JustGood:

You are right here!

But it is found all over the world; not just Nigeria. It is human nature. I used to head a voluntary organisation here and the statistics will shock you when you read what some white men also do to their women and how much the women go through. It's an individual thing and it's not just about nationality

ROTFLMAO! Oh my God! She is right? What has she been saying all this time? If you had paid attentions, this thread won't be in page 14. She tried every which way to explain to you but you refused to listen, your word is law, all other be damned. From page 1 post 5 and 6, you started insulting. . . what was that about? My God man! Aren't you a wee bit embarrassed, that after you have cursed from here to high heavens, you come and tell her she's right? What happened. . . se oju la kayin mo ni? Are you going to apologise to the person you called Oloshi? Are you going to undo the epees?

And who said it doesn't happen all over the world But we are talking about NIGERIAN MEN HERE, so pointing fingers at other people's crime to justify anything was just immature. We have a problem, let's deal with it but noooo, other people are doing it too, so no need. Shaking my head

I'm still waiting for you on the other thread. . . if you DARE. I know you've already read it, hence the sudden change of mind and cool temper. Rotflmao, Typical!

One last thing, please, please don't insult our intelligence by saying it was the SOME not ALL, that changed your mind. . . we know better.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by KarmaMod(f): 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2008
Sisikill:

One last thing, please, please don't insult our intelligence by saying it was the SOME not ALL, that changed your mind. . . we know better.

You sef. You know VERY well that's what he's gonna use as his excuse.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Why So Many Women Still Take Their Husband’s Last Name / Don't Become The Family ATM / My Brother's Wife Wants to Sleep With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.