Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria (15721 Views)

Photo: Imagine This Beast In Sambisa Forest! / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by tpia: 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2008
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by vicero(m): 9:20am On Sep 22, 2008
This is very possible, but it starts with individuals before we can talk of the nation as a whole. Every Nigerian first has to change their way of thinking. The SIT DOWN AND LOOK attitude has to stop and all hands must be on deck. DIGNITY of labour (taking pride in whatever you do) has to be cultivated by all. We all have to become realistic and accept facts. Get rich quick syndrome has to end. Then we can all start pressurizing the Government to provide basic amenities. It's as easy as that and then Most importantly, allow GOD lead us and give HIM the rightful place in our hearts. So ladies and Gentlemen, This is not a dream but a reality, if we can but believe it. Have yourselves a wonderful week ahead.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by vicero(m): 9:37am On Sep 22, 2008
This is very possible, but it starts with individuals before we can talk of the nation as a whole. Every Nigerian first has to change their way of thinking. The SIT DOWN AND LOOK attitude has to stop and all hands must be on deck. DIGNITY of labour (taking pride in whatever you do) has to be cultivated by all. We all have to become realistic and accept facts. Get rich quick syndrome has to end. Then we can all start pressurizing the Government to provide basic amenities. It's as easy as that and then Most importantly, allow GOD lead us and give HIM the rightful place in our hearts. So ladies and Gentlemen, This is not a dream but a reality, if we can but believe it. Have yourselves a wonderful week ahead.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2008
tpia:

the point I was trying to make was about the attitude, not the monetary value.

Please don't say you don't get it!! cheesy cheesy

I feel u bro.

vicero:

u be true pikin or ur papa and mama jare, we need to find a way to be true to our nation and we all have works to do and not just dem old buggers.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by carmelily: 9:40am On Sep 23, 2008
bloody revolution, i say. bloody.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by holythug(m): 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2008
well then, vote for me grin
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2008
holythug:

well then, vote for me grin

Under what ticket will u be running ?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by citizenY(m): 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Kai, I have tried I could but I am unable to imagine what this country will look like.

In short, E no possible, Lai Lai, unless A Rawlings is born on Nigerian soil and then

, heads will roll, Thereafter we go start, Any dreams of achieving this gradually will not

materialize, We know who our oppressors are only we are too weak to fight them PITY, PITY cry cry cry
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2008
citizenY:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Kai, I have tried I could but I am unable to imagine what this country will look like.

In short, E no possible, Lai Lai, unless A Rawlings is born on Nigerian soil and then

, heads will roll, Thereafter we go start, Any dreams of achieving this gradually will not

materialize, We know who our oppressors are only we are too weak to fight them PITY, PITY cry cry cry

I think we chose to be weak.
And this kinda Nigeria is possible and achievable, it might be bloody, but i say it will worth it at the end.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2008
Nigeria is beyong repair, so dreamer dream on, however, i will vote for you if you run for election.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by kell4eva(m): 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2008
This is were the problem of Nigeria started, if we can bring this people to justice, i think Nigeria will be great.
One down, two to go

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by kell4eva(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2008
This is were the problem of Nigeria started, if we can bring this people to justice, i think Nigeria will be great.
One down, two to go

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2008
Fhemmmy:

Nigeria is beyong repair, so dreamer dream on, however, i will vote for you if you run for election.

I beg to differ. Nigeria is not beyond repair. I believe the problem is more that the people are not ready to see things change. When we eventually get to the point where majority of Nigerians are in favour of change, it will happen almost overnight. That country will go from the bottom to the top in blink of an eye. However, it all depends on Nigerian people. Until eyes open to reality, I see the country remaining in the same cycle.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I beg to differ. Nigeria is not beyond repair. I believe the problem is more that the people are not ready to see things change. When we eventually get to the point where majority of Nigerians are in favour of change, it will happen almost overnight. That country will go from the bottom to the top in blink of an eye. However, it all depends on Nigerian people. Until eyes open to reality, I see the country remaining in the same cycle.

For Nigeria to change, Nigerians has to be willing to change, and show me a Nigerian that is willing to change all for the sake of Nigeria, i will show you a lair, cos most Nigerians are just comfortable in their own selfishness and arrogancy, 99% of Nigerians will do nothing for you, when there is nothing in it for them, we are just plain selfish and greedy.
Put a brand new born baby in power and his or her mama and papa will tell the child to steal the money fast, cos the one before him or her did same and that opportunity only come but once.
Stop deceiving yourselves and face reality, Nija is beyond medications and repair.
Nigeria will be 48 soon, and yet nothing to show for it, how would you feel if you have a child and at 48, no accomplishment, or was able to take care of even the little you have put in his hands, i am sure you would disown such a useless child, so that is the case of Nigeria, a useless, ridiculous and a vagabond of a child.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2008
Fhemmmy:

For Nigeria to change, Nigerians has to be willing to change, and show me a Nigerian that is willing to change all for the sake of Nigeria, i will show you a lair, because most Nigerians are just comfortable in their own selfishness and arrogancy, 99% of Nigerians will do nothing for you, when there is nothing in it for them, we are just plain selfish and greedy.
Put a brand new born baby in power and his or her mama and papa will tell the child to steal the money fast, because the one before him or her did same and that opportunity only come but once.
Stop deceiving yourselves and face reality, Nija is beyond medications and repair.
Nigeria will be 48 soon, and yet nothing to show for it, how would you feel if you have a child and at 48, no accomplishment, or was able to take care of even the little you have put in his hands, i am sure you would disown such a useless child, so that is the case of Nigeria, a useless, ridiculous and a vagabond of a child.

I am not going to tell you that you are wrong. But I choose to believe that at some point, people will realize that lying to themselves of the situation has yet to yield change and good for their own. We live in a society that claims to be morally upright but is as corrupt as corrupt can get. Mothers encouraging ill and so called religious models dipping their hands in the black pot as well. I do however believe that there will come a time will people will realize that all this needs to change. Right now I believe the problem is we have many more blind people who shout for change but sit back to join the majority in doing the same old things at the end of the day, than we do have people who want change and are willing to stand up for what they believe.

We have many more Nigerians who comfort themselves each day with deluded ideas of Nigeria being a great nation as is, than we have people who are willing to work to see those delusions become actual reality. The GREAT NIGERIA crowd consists mostly of people who will, at the end of the day, not raise a finger to do anything unless there is something in it for them. But we will definitely get the group of Nigerians who are willing to say “Enough is Enough, great or not, things must change”, and move out to act. And when that time comes, you and I will see tremendous change overnight.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I am not going to tell you that you are wrong. But I choose to believe that at some point, people will realize that lying to themselves of the situation has yet to yield change and good for their own. We live in a society that claims to be morally upright but is as corrupt as corrupt can get. Mothers encouraging ill and so called religious models dipping their hands in the black pot as well. I do however believe that there will come a time will people will realize that all this needs to change. Right now I believe the problem is we have many more blind people who shout for change but sit back to join the majority in doing the same old things at the end of the day, than we do have people who want change and are willing to stand up for what they believe.

We have many more Nigerians who comfort themselves each day with deluded ideas of Nigeria being a great nation as is, than we have people who are willing to work to see those delusions become actual reality. The GREAT NIGERIA crowd consists mostly of people who will, at the end of the day, not raise a finger to do anything unless there is something in it for them. But we will definitely get the group of Nigerians who are willing to say “Enough is Enough, great or not, things must change”, and move out to act. And when that time comes, you and I will see tremendous change overnight.

I remember when i was like 2 years old, i heard that saying "Nigeria will be a better nation one day" and till now that i am legally old enuf to be a man and run my own affairs, i still hear same story, so tell me, when is that time really going to be, or should i ask, will that time ever really come? if you ask me, i will No way, cos Niegria seems to be a cursed nation, Nigeria has nothing good out of it, cos people are just plain evill, pastors raping little girls, and mallam giving charms to people to do 419 stuff, and we all dance in the club to a music hailling 419 and calling people mugun, and yet you expect something from such a nation.
My guy, it is either you are a dreaming, or you trying to write a movie script titled"""i know Nija is dead, but i wanna make u laff"
I will like to see a batter Nigeria, but trust me, we are not een ready for it, if there is light in Nigeria 24 by 7, we will all be scared, cos we dont even know what it feels like without the noise of some malnutritioned diesel power generator.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2008
Fhemmmy:

I remember when i was like 2 years old, i heard that saying "Nigeria will be a better nation one day" and till now that i am legally old enough to be a man and run my own affairs, i still hear same story, so tell me, when is that time really going to be, or should i ask, will that time ever really come? if you ask me, i will No way, because Niegria seems to be a cursed nation, Nigeria has nothing good out of it, because people are just plain evill, pastors raping little girls, and mallam giving charms to people to do 419 stuff, and we all dance in the club to a music hailling 419 and calling people mugun, and yet you expect something from such a nation.

The major problem is the people--- not the government or the pastors, or the mallams. The people of the country in the majority continue to cling to the age old mantra “ Everything go better” without accepting that it will only get better when they as individuals act to make sure it gets better. I am not calling for a situation where 140 million Nigerians choose to do what it takes to make things better. We only need about 500,000 Nigerians, or less, actually willing to see things change, for change to happen.
The process needed to see change, in this new millennia has been greatly simplified for us. We do not need to re-invent the wheel or think hard to come up with solution to most all the problems we have. We have so many examples to copy from today. The problem is it seems we are more willing to talk of change, insult those whom we elected for not doing their job and in the same breath praise them for taking on the job by claiming Nigeria is a hard place to rule. To be honest, I get sick to the stomach when I read posts like that on here.

Fhemmmy:

My guy, it is either you are a dreaming, or you trying to write a movie script titled"""i know Nija is dead, but i want to make u laff"
I will like to see a batter Nigeria, but trust me, we are not een ready for it, if there is light in Nigeria 24 by 7, we will all be scared, because we don't even know what it feels like without the noise of some malnutritioned diesel power generator.

I believe there are those who are willing to do what it takes, just that they need to connect to like minds to start acting. It only takes phone calls to these leaders to make sure they understand that we are no longer sitting on the side lines. Casting votes for the right candidates and not for the candidate who is able to pay us the most for our votes, would be a place to start. Standing up against crime of all kinds, no matter how petty, that will include paying bribe to any one of any kind. Holding the local leaders accountable for every kobo of the budget and ensuring that those who do not do their job do not get our pity but our fist. It is possible and will happen, likely soon, but like I said, it is up to the people and not the government.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The major problem is the people--- not the government or the pastors, or the mallams. The people of the country in the majority continue to cling to the age old mantra “ Everything go better” without accepting that it will only get better when they as individuals act to make sure it gets better. I am not calling for a situation where 140 million Nigerians choose to do what it takes to make things better. We only need about 500,000 Nigerians, or less, actually willing to see things change, for change to happen.
The process needed to see change, in this new millennia has been greatly simplified for us. We do not need to re-invent the wheel or think hard to come up with solution to most all the problems we have. We have so many examples to copy from today. The problem is it seems we are more willing to talk of change, insult those whom we elected for not doing their job and in the same breath praise them for taking on the job by claiming Nigeria is a hard place to rule. To be honest, I get sick to the stomach when I read posts like that on here.

I so much love your courage and how you wanna see change so badm mind you, i will like to see such changes happen in Nigeria, but i am a realist, i dont waste my time on pple that dont wanna see such changes, you are like one in a million of trees that wanna exist and be in a land where has been occupied by the sharks and the pythons, Nigeria is an infested nation with all maggots and fools that aint going nowhere and yet wont let those that wanna go somewhere go.
I will like to be on the group of that 500,000 people that will want to see changes and do something about the changes, but my guy to change Nigeria, there is a need to have acess to all that is needed to make the changes, and you will agree with me that me and you dont have such, one, you need money, and i mean lots of money to change Nigeria, cos either way ( force or dialogue) you need money, so how much money do me and you have to see such change happen? and those that has the money, they are dinning with the devil and it might surprise you that, they arent using long spoon,c so they know each other by name and knows the password to fool me and you, so now tell me how we gonna make the changes.
Let us assume for the argument swake that we can get access to the money, do we have the manpower? nope, we dont, and mind you, faithfulness of the man's heart is to the hands to feed him.

Kobojunkie:

I believe there are those who are willing to do what it takes, just that they need to connect to like minds to start acting. It only takes phone calls to these leaders to make sure they understand that we are no longer sitting on the side lines. Casting votes for the right candidates and not for the candidate who is able to pay us the most for our votes, would be a place to start. Standing up against crime of all kinds, no matter how petty, that will include paying bribe to any one of any kind. Holding the local leaders accountable for every kobo of the budget and ensuring that those who do not do their job do not get our pity but our fist. It is possible and will happen, likely soon, but like I said, it is up to the people and not the government.

Please, send me the phone number of this leaders and their E-mails adds, and please, send me ones that you are sure, they will answer or respond back to me, and i will be ready to bombard them with contructive mails, but till then, i hate people saying all we can do is get in touch with them, you will agree with me, that to get in touch with OBJ, yo have to be a monkey like him, and to tallk to Bakare, you gotta be a thief as well, so tell me, how do we move forward.
Give me a strategy that we are sure will work and i will be with you on the fight to have Nigeria back on the right track.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2008
Fhemmmy:

I so much love your courage and how you want to see change so badm mind you, i will like to see such changes happen in Nigeria, but i am a realist, i don't waste my time on people that don't want to see such changes, you are like one in a million of trees that want to exist and be in a land where has been occupied by the sharks and the pythons, Nigeria is an infested nation with all maggots and fools that aint going nowhere and yet wont let those that want to go somewhere go.

Here is my take on people. I believe in the end, the minority will have to selfishly take back the country from the hands of the majority who reside on the corrupt end, slowly, hearts will be turned, be it by force or by their realization that change is actually a good thing and working for it is a good thing. So, in a sense, it will not be people necessarily wasting their time on people who do not deserve change but basically people creating what they want out of what is and forcing the masses to come on board or face the consequences of remaining on the old path.

A big example is Fashola in Lagos, going by his technique. He is not necessarily approaching things in the manner that the majority, including I, would prefer he did. I bet it is because he knows more of what his situation is and how much resistance he may be getting from those who are against changing the old ways that seem to have worked best for them. One can say he is effectively forcing change on Lagos state indigenes. Those who do not subscribe to it, face the consequences of their choice. I believe in the end, if all goes well for his plan, Lagos will be transformed and so will the people.

Fhemmmy:

I will like to be on the group of that 500,000 people that will want to see changes and do something about the changes, but my guy to change Nigeria, there is a need to have acess to all that is needed to make the changes, and you will agree with me that me and you don't have such, one, you need money, and i mean lots of money to change Nigeria, because either way ( force or dialogue) you need money, so how much money do me and you have to see such change happen? and those that has the money, they are dinning with the devil and it might surprise you that, they arent using long spoon,c so they know each other by name and knows the password to fool me and you, so now tell me how we going to make the changes.

See, this is the part I continue to debate with people. Having access to money is not even close to the solution here. The people control the money and where the people vote, the money is sure to go, if the people stand. So It is not about access to all the old ideas and what not but about making sure that we swing things the way we want it to. Change starts with simple solutions like motivating people at the grassroots level to call up local government offices, bombarding them with complaints and demands to change or get lost. And if no change is seen, we act and ensure they do not step foot in that same office ever again.

Fhemmmy:

Let us assume for the argument swake that we can get access to the money, do we have the manpower? nope, we don't, and mind you, faithfulness of the man's heart is to the hands to feed him.

Please, send me the phone number of this leaders and their E-mails adds, and please, send me ones that you are sure, they will answer or respond back to me, and i will be ready to bombard them with contructive mails, but till then, i hate people saying all we can do is get in touch with them, you will agree with me, that to get in touch with OBJ, yo have to be a monkey like him, and to tallk to Bakare, you gotta be a thief as well, so tell me, how do we move forward.
Give me a strategy that we are sure will work and i will be with you on the fight to have Nigeria back on the right track.

All we need is more people who want to see things change. I squirm at the posts on here insulting the leaders of the country that we allow in office daily, while the very same people turn around and attack others for having a different view or for being from another tribe. This is the sort of herd we have in the majority in Nigeria and the reason why the country remains in shambles. If more and more people are willing to accept their differences and focus all that energy on ensuring that we do not continue to see a repeat of the status quo, things will start to get better instantly.

We have the many self-righteous who think that simply proclaiming love for Nigeria is all that is needed to fix the nation. Reminds me of people who claim to love their parents but dump them at retirement homes and never come back to visit until when they are dead and gone. ROFLMAO!!!

About the contact information, I can not remember what site I was able to access the information only a couple of months ago. I could have sworn it was this one, http://www.nassnig.org/ , but I can not seem to find the pdf files. But do try to look around and search around at the state site for details on the reps that you need to contact.

There is definitely no guarantee that you will get a response. I could not get a response from the Customs agency after so many emails. Even Nipost took it’s time before responding to my email. Leave a message where you can. I believe the reason communication remains the way it is, is because not many people have tried accessing and so they play the few around by ignoring them. I can not for the life of me imagine how in this day and age, the government does not have an open communication port with it’s citizens, in a democracy. But try all you can and soon it will happen.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Here is my take on people. I believe in the end, the minority will have to selfishly take back the country from the hands of the majority who reside on the corrupt end, slowly, hearts will be turned, be it by force or by their realization that change is actually a good thing and working for it is a good thing. So, in a sense, it will not be people necessarily wasting their time on people who do not deserve change but basically people creating what they want out of what is and forcing the masses to come on board or face the consequences of remaining on the old path.

Great analysis, but would this work In Nigeria, i so much bet to differ, there are so many pple including myself that want to see a change, if not for me, at least for my children and their childress, so that, they cld have a nation to call home.
But we are forgetting the Nigerian Motto "if you can beat them, u have to join them, but beat them if you can" how many can beat them, and that is why many people are joining then, my guys, i tell people daily, it is so lonely at the Top, yet many people wants to be at the top, at the expense of your tomorrow and mine, i dont mind, if they take our today, but i will not let not allow some old rats take my tomorrow, cos that is a gift that only me can give away, and i have refused to loan that out, nor will it to them.

A big example is Fashola in Lagos, going by his technique. He is not necessarily approaching things in the manner that the majority, including I, would prefer he did. I bet it is because he knows more of what his situation is and how much resistance he may be getting from those who are against changing the old ways that seem to have worked best for them. One can say he is effectively forcing change on Lagos state indigenes. Those who do not subscribe to it, face the consequences of their choice. I believe in the end, if all goes well for his plan, Lagos will be transformed and so will the people.

Kobojunkie:

See, this is the part I continue to debate with people. Having access to money is not even close to the solution here. The people control the money and where the people vote, the money is sure to go, if the people stand. So It is not about access to all the old ideas and what not but about making sure that we swing things the way we want it to. Change starts with simple solutions like motivating people at the grassroots level to call up local government offices, bombarding them with complaints and demands to change or get lost. And if no change is seen, we act and ensure they do not step foot in that same office ever again.

Unfortunately, i am yet to see some of the changes that Fashola is doing, cos i dont reside in lagos, however, i have read that he has done well, so far, but let me ask this, how many leader will displace pple from their home and compesate them not, all because, they wanna build road, and yet same leader will be termed as a good leader, there is no doubt that, you can not satisfy everyone, but while you doing and making those changes great and vissible, some things has to be done in the right way such as:
1. Compesate those that has lost their homes, because, not all are at fault, shelter is needed and if you take that away from the pple you goverm, then, you are just making more to start living on the corner of the street, and to me, that outweighs all the good intentions, cos lagos littered with pple with no place to call home, is still a terrible place.

2. When you want to make a law, always make sure u have a good way to back it up, such as saying from January, people will only buy rides from pple that has dealership, even in the westerm world, there are personal sale of vehicles, cos i am not sure, he has thot of the consequences of this on the price of automobiles.

BUT still, he has done way better than the average governor of Nigeria.

Kobojunkie:

All we need is more people who want to see things change. I squirm at the posts on here insulting the leaders of the country that we allow in office daily, while the very same people turn around and attack others for having a different view or for being from another tribe. This is the sort of herd we have in the majority in Nigeria and the reason why the country remains in shambles. If more and more people are willing to accept their differences and focus all that energy on ensuring that we do not continue to see a repeat of the status quo, things will start to get better instantly.

We have the many self-righteous who think that simply proclaiming love for Nigeria is all that is needed to fix the nation. Reminds me of people who claim to love their parents but dump them at retirement homes and never come back to visit until when they are dead and gone. ROFLMAO!!!

This is one of the things that frustration could do to people, when a man has tried and done all possible to see changes and has waited for so long, they result into anything that has a content of anger, sheep is the most easy going animal, but if you push him to the wall, will stare yu in the face and scream +++" wazzupp Nigro" so i wont blame then, i will blame what got them frustrated.

Kobojunkie:

About the contact information, I can not remember what site I was able to access the information only a couple of months ago. I could have sworn it was this one, http://www.nassnig.org/ , but I can not seem to find the pdf files. But do try to look around and search around at the state site for details on the reps that you need to contact.

There is definitely no guarantee that you will get a response. I could not get a response from the Customs agency after so many emails. Even Nipost took it’s time before responding to my email. Leave a message where you can. I believe the reason communication remains the way it is, is because not many people have tried accessing and so they play the few around by ignoring them. I can not for the life of me imagine how in this day and age, the government does not have an open communication port with it’s citizens, in a democracy. But try all you can and soon it will happen.

Even the Nigeria Embassy out of Nigeria in nations that are developed, they take forever to answer calls, return mail and all that, talkless of a nation where there is no ettiquette on answering phones or need to respond to mail, a nation where the secetary dont want anyone to get close to Senator, cos now she might have to start sharing the dick that she is screwing alone.
A nation where when you talk, the first queston would be, and who is your father in the city?
A nation where you are adressed by who you and not what yu have in your head.
A nation where an hausa man just need to say " ranka dede and they will get a job from a fellow hausa man.
where an ibo only need to tallk chineke and they other igbo people will show him the rope, and yet a yoruba man will want to sleep with even your wife, before they can get you a job, even when your degree shows that you have all it takes.
My guy, let us drop this joke, like i said, if i see serious minded people, i will be more than willing, but let us be realistic, it cant be done by dialogue, but by force, no one goes to the devil, and say " devil, stop worrying me oh" you have to go him with all u have and blast his head with some AK47.
but i love your way of thinking.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2008
Fhemmmy:

Great analysis, but would this work In Nigeria, i so much bet to differ, there are so many people including myself that want to see a change, if not for me, at least for my children and their childress, so that, they cld have a nation to call home.
But we are forgetting the Nigerian Motto "if you can beat them, u have to join them, but beat them if you can" how many can beat them, and that is why many people are joining then, my guys, i tell people daily, it is so lonely at the Top, yet many people wants to be at the top, at the expense of your tomorrow and mine, i don't mind, if they take our today, but i will not let not allow some old rats take my tomorrow, because that is a gift that only me can give away, and i have refused to loan that out, nor will it to them.

I believe Fashola’s approach, is both aggressive and so far, effective. I am not sure of what will happen in the long run. Like I remind many, this approach has been tried many times in the past. Problem is the past governors did not spend as much time pushing to ensure the foundations of the plans remain solid, even when they are long gone. But, I hope this man knows and understands all that. We are looking at a giant experiment on how to save Nigerians from their own hell there in Lagos, with a large sample of 20 million Nigerians. I am hoping it will be successful because all that will be needed next would be governors that are willing to replicate that model in other states across the nation and boom, you have a developing Nigeria.

Fhemmmy:

Unfortunately, i am yet to see some of the changes that Fashola is doing, because i don't reside in lagos, however, i have read that he has done well, so far, but let me ask this, how many leader will displace people from their home and compesate them not, all because, they want to build road, and yet same leader will be termed as a good leader, there is no doubt that, you can not satisfy everyone, but while you doing and making those changes great and vissible, some things has to be done in the right way such as:
1. Compesate those that has lost their homes, because, not all are at fault, shelter is needed and if you take that away from the people you goverm, then, you are just making more to start living on the corner of the street, and to me, that outweighs all the good intentions, because lagos littered with people with no place to call home, is still a terrible place.
2. When you want to make a law, always make sure u have a good way to back it up, such as saying from January, people will only buy rides from people that has dealership, even in the westerm world, there are personal sale of vehicles, because i am not sure, he has thot of the consequences of this on the price of automobiles.

BUT still, he has done way better than the average governor of Nigeria.

I understand your concerns, believe me, I would not any day vote for such but considering we are talking of Nigerians here, you need to understand that this may seem evil acts for now, but it may actually pay off in the future for the majority and eventually, those who lost out today. This is exactly the same thing I tell people who say “You believe war has it’s place in the world we live in today, yet do not consider the benefits we reap today because of the many wars fought by humanity in the past”. Sure there will be a toll paid here but I believe in the future, we may all look back and say his strategy was the best way to deal with the situation considering the situation at the time. I am not in anyway saying it is fair. On the contrary, I believe he should be pushed to consider them all he can, while he does what he plans to do in that state, in the area of development.

Fhemmmy:

This is one of the things that frustration could do to people, when a man has tried and done all possible to see changes and has waited for so long, they result into anything that has a content of anger, sheep is the most easy going animal, but if you push him to the wall, will stare yu in the face and scream +++" wazzupp Nigro" so i wont blame then, i will blame what got them frustrated.

Even the Nigeria Embassy out of Nigeria in nations that are developed, they take forever to answer calls, return mail and all that, talkless of a nation where there is no ettiquette on answering phones or need to respond to mail, a nation where the secetary don't want anyone to get close to Senator, because now she might have to start sharing the privates that she is screwing alone
Roflmao!!

Fhemmmy:

A nation where when you talk, the first queston would be, and who is your father in the city?
A nation where you are adressed by who you and not what yu have in your head.
A nation where an hausa man just need to say " ranka dede and they will get a job from a fellow hausa man.
where an ibo only need to tallk chineke and they other igbo people will show him the rope, and yet a yoruba man will want to sleep with even your wife, before they can get you a job, even when your degree shows that you have all it takes.
My guy, let us drop this joke, like i said, if i see serious minded people, i will be more than willing, but let us be realistic, it can't be done by dialogue, but by force, no one goes to the devil, and say " devil, stop worrying me oh" you have to go him with all u have and blast his head with some AK47.
but i love your way of thinking.

Roflmao!!!

I am not in any way saying dialogue is the key here. The one government that I believe worked, even though for a brief season, was Idiaghon/Buhari government. Anyone who is willing to look back honestly at that time, would tell you that one of the main reasons why Nigeria seemed to work during that period was because people understood there were consequences if they broke or violated the laws back then. I saw people queuing to get on the bus at Yaba, Oshodi and Idumota back then. People had more respect for public property and the school teachers seemed to do their best for their students as it seemed there existed a reason for them to do so. I don’t think Buhari spent time dialoguing with the people to get them to change. No. I mean on numerous occasions, there were broadcasts from the president back then for sure, but people understood that stupidity was not allowed. I tell you, I had never seen Ikorodu so clean in all my life. For a period after the men were off the chair, the place remained organized but it did not take long for people to go back to their old habits as the new government seemed not to care much about enforcing the laws from the past administration. My point is, to bring change, force is needed, the people who want change have to force change on the others and then the government and in turn, government will have to enforce laws that maintain the already implemented changes as well as new rules to drive change. It is futile to continue waiting for such a time when the majority will be in favour of real change. That may never happen in our lifetime but forcing change on the people is more likely to be the key.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2008
There is no doubt about it, that there would be force involved for us to see the change, and imean the kind of changes that Nigeria needs and deserve, i will like to see a developed Nation out of Nigeria, but is ths possible? I hope we are right, cos most Nigerians are just animals in their attitudes and Character, i have never in my life seen any other nationality where a woman, i mean a woman oh, will bend down by the side of the road and pee, where you will be going to work in da morning, and you will see human poo on the raod, not dog poo oh, even in the developed world, owner of the dogs will take care of the poo of their dogs, but if human being could poo on the road, what stop all the dogs from doing same.
Nigeria has a long way to go my guy, and i so much hope you are right, that we can achieve it, cos i am seeing it as something almost impossible, but i will tao into your faith and have a lil faith on Nigeria.
As for Fashola, i hope the changes he is making will last forever and not just the 2 years, and like i always tell people, if the guy will steal some money, i wont even complain, cos at least he would have used minimum of 75% of his budget on projects and construction, so if he uses the remaining 25% of miliki, i wont whine, compared to the fools that will use 150% of the budget on miliki and money sharing.
Anyways, we will be watching and be hoping that something better will be done.
But if you ask me, Road, Light, security, water and health care system gotta be revamped and developed to make Nigeria a place to consider for business.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by carmelily: 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2008
Big, big grammar still full this thread like this?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by kokorunna(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2008
I wish that all you listed will happen, BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN NIGERIA.

Too much corruption
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2008
kokorunna:

I wish that all you listed will happen, BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN NIGERIA.

Too much corruption

I agree with you my guy, but on the other hands, we can all make it happen.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Nkenim(m): 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2008
We will all get there in a second. Just use your imagination and will all get there. Even our great grand children have no hope of your dreamed naija. but i wish them a better naija than ours. dream on .[b][/b]
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2008
Nkenim:

We will all get there in a second. Just use your imagination and will all get there. Even our great grand children have no hope of your dreamed naija. but i wish them a better naija than ours. dream on .[b][/b]

I can see that poverty and being used to the hard and harsh life of Nigeria has made most people to accept their status quo and that is really sad, we will have to get up and take our bed and jump into the pool of better nation, guys
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by chinnys(f): 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2008
Naa real waa oh
for niger here?
na real mirage
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Biioola(f): 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2008
i see it happening in my life time and i am working not just wishing.I think Nigerians should be more optimistic about anew Nigeria thou it looks impossible but wait impossibilities and failures exist in the thoughts before yhey materialise so also success.It some men to get the freedom of america, and to where they are rite now. i also believe it will take men of actions and not just big mouth people to get us there
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by igodwyn(m): 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2008
i believe in myself and in Nigeria too, i believe we'll get there if we ALL contribute our own little good part,in our own little way.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by MissyB1(m): 10:17pm On Oct 12, 2008
igodwyn:

i believe in myself and in Nigeria too, i believe we'll get there[b] if we ALL contribute our own little good part,in our own little way.[/b]
Exactly where the problem lies!!!
If Mr A and B play their part,there's a 98% tendency
that Mr C and D wouldn't.I'm sure you know what happens when
a drop of oil gets into a cup of water.It's a certainty . . . . There will never
be a time that Nigeria will get to that state.Let's stop dreaming and pray for the grace
to survive as Naija cracks harder and tougher.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 7:41pm On Oct 14, 2008
Missy B:

Exactly where the problem lies!!!
If Mr A and B play their part,there's a 98% tendency
that Mr C and D wouldn't.I'm sure you know what happens when
a drop of oil gets into a cup of water.It's a certainty . . . . There will never
be a time that Nigeria will get to that state.Let's stop dreaming and pray for the grace
to survive as Naija cracks harder and tougher.

i do understand where you are coming from, cos with ordinary eye and with the mindset of people we have in Nigeria and that of Nigerians out of Nigeria, it doesnt look possible, but if we sit back and analyze this very well, it is very possible and achievable, we all need to contribute our own quota, it is important for the govt to do her own part as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency / Yusuf Gagdi Tackles Melaye, Says Tinubu Is Healthy And Fit To Be President / Peter Obi Sympathises With Victims Of Lagos Train/Bus Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.