Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,107 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria (15713 Views)

Photo: Imagine This Beast In Sambisa Forest! / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ochiaha1(m): 11:12am On Sep 15, 2008
Yes, I can imagine a Nigeria which is that way.

Its possible if we can achieve mind-set re-engineering for all Nigerians.

Mind-set re-engineering is necessary because:

1.  We need to re-train our minds away from being corrupt, selfish and shun the inordinate desire to loot the treasury whether we are in position of authority in the public sector or in the private sector.

2. We need to change our mind-set from that of an anti-delluvian mind (before Noah's great flood) to that of a modern technologically oriented one;  for instance we have been complaining of the low level of water at the Kainji Dam, during the dry season as this leads to low electric power production from the dam and this in turn causes incessant power shortage all over the country, for more than 40 years and no one has come up with an idea on how to solve this problem.
I once told a friend that if we could create an artificial lake near the kainji dam, we could channel the water from the lake in such a way that it will flow into the dam and drive the turbines , when water from the River Niger is low, and thus produce the much needed electricity.The water from the artificial lake can be re-cycled so that there will always be water in it.

3. We need to align our mind to the benefits that will accrue from adopting the theory of comparative advantage, for instance a state like Lagos State has the Atlantic Ocean bordering it, there is no reason therefore, why such a God given natural resource cannot be used to drive wind mills set up in the middle of the Ocean to generate electricity for the state.

4.We need to make our minds think of how to overcome any difficulty or obstacle we are facing as a nation, for instance food abundance or security cannot be achieved for a country of over 140 million people using 2,500 years old farming implements such as the hoe and cutlass and the subsistence farming method we are currently into.
The introduction of simple technological improvements, for instance having a tricylce with a modern form of the hoe attached to it can help cultivate large acres of land at minimal expense and effort.

5. We need to audit our work procedures and style of living on a yearly basis. For instance, we could audit our health sector to find out how it catered for the citizenry in a certain year; its been found through polling that 85% or more Nigerians patronise the local chemist first instead of the hospitals, auditing the health sector can reveal how this anomaly can be corrected through health insurance, as is currently being done in Lagos State through the community based health Insurance scheme, and other means of encouraging people to use the hospitals.

6.The economy should be private sector driven as this will reduce the problem of 'big' Government with the attendant problem of waste of government resources which could have been better utilised in areas like education, health and infrastructure. The Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) is reported to have gulped billions of naira in the last 8 years, with nothing much to show for it, but if it is privatised and properly run, then it could end up paying corporate taxes worth billions of naira every year to the Federal Government instead of the government giving it subventions yearly.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by carmelily: 11:24am On Sep 15, 2008

NIGERIANZ arent good, we r da best
NIGERIANZ arent cute, we r sooooo fuckin BANGIN!!!,
NIGERIANZ don't just kiss, we make out
NIGERIANZ don't play, we f*ck
NIGERIANZ don't relax, we chill
NIGERIANZ don't dance, we grind
NIGERIANZ don't talk bad, we talk dirty
NIGERIANZ lips arent just hot, their da lips u wish u could kiss.
NIGERIANZ don't just do it, we do it best
NIGERIANZ are da people u could ALWAYS trust
NIGERIANZ r da bestest dancers
(if u want to kno how we dance den u come 2 our bangin azz partiez!!!)
NIGERIANZ arent nice, we r sweet
NIGERIANZ arent just friends, we r lovers
NIGERIANZ arent cool, we r awesome
NIGERIANZ r sexy
NIGERIANZ were blessed when we were born because now were proud to tell everybody that we r 100% NIGERIANZ
NIGERIANZ, there arent enough words that could explain how n who

Ah, now i get the cause of our problems. All we do is dance and screw. Get serious, this is so stupid.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by tombola: 11:29am On Sep 15, 2008
To make that to happen, I will first put a ban on all diasporic Nigerians from coming to Nigeria, anyone who has gone to adopt another countries citizineship will be banned from coming to Nigeria and if they come, will have their heads shaved and marked with red paint, to identify them as the enemies of Nigeria, I will make sure they dont even come to Nigeria again. They are the main cause of the countries problem.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by carmelily: 11:32am On Sep 15, 2008
tombola:

To make that to happen, I will first put a ban on all diasporic Nigerians from coming to Nigeria, anyone who has gone to adopt another countries citizineship will be banned from coming to Nigeria and if they come, will have their heads shaved and marked with red paint, to identify them as the enemies of Nigeria, I will make sure they don't even come to Nigeria again. They are the main cause of the countries problem.

expatiate, please. It may dilute the glaring bitterness and ignorance in your comments.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by tombola: 11:42am On Sep 15, 2008
carmelily:

expatiate, please. It may dilute the glaring bitterness and ignorance in your comments.

You fool, you are one of those who thinks everyone is bitter to those outside the country, because they couldnt get a visa, thats what they always say.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by carmelily: 11:45am On Sep 15, 2008
tombola:

You fool, you are one of those who thinks everyone is bitter to those outside the country, because they couldnt get a visa, thats what they always say.

Ok, wiseman. what's the cause of your own bitterness?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by okomogo(m): 11:57am On Sep 15, 2008
Why are some people pessimistic,if we talk about politicians, dont forget they are our parents, brothers & sisters, cousins, uncles & aunties, nephews, friends, church/mosque/shrine co-worshippers, ex-schoomates.
 We hail them each time they are around just to get little money from them,we never tell them what they are doing is bad because you use their connections to get job ,contracts etc.Who do you want to blame for  you and i know them eat and dine with them and you come to this forum and call them politicians.Is one of your relatives not among them?

How would u prevent the old fools from preventing u from even running?
I just think it is time for the youths to get involved and chase of all the old goats.

How do we get the real patriots on this forum?Please $RHINO, mail me i have an ideal

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by okomogo(m): 11:59am On Sep 15, 2008
How do we get the real patriots on this forum?Please $RHINO, mail me i have an ideal
okomogo@yahoo.com

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ochiaha1(m): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2008
carmelily:

Ah, now i get the cause of our problems. All we do is dance and screw. Get serious, this is so stupid.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste- Anon.

The total lack of seriousness and a debauched (sexual wantoness) lifestyle remains some of our greatest problems.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by carmelily: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2008
ochi-aha:

The mind is a terrible thing to waste- Anon.

The total lack of seriousness and a debauched (sexual wantoness) lifestyle remains some of our greatest problems.

LMAO. But you're kinda right, you know.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by nnacent(m): 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2008
Guys lets stop being pessimistic. the truth is that if we all carry guns straight down to aso rock, we will be able to achieve the Nigeria stated above.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by tombola: 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2008
solution - ban all diasporic nintendoes from coming to Nigeria. Nigeria will be better,
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2008
ochi-aha:

Yes, I can imagine a Nigeria which is that way.

Its possible if we can achieve mind-set re-engineering for all Nigerians.

Mind-set re-engineering is necessary because:

1. We need to re-train our minds away from being corrupt, selfish and shun the inordinate desire to loot the treasury whether we are in position of authority in the public sector or in the private sector.

2. We need to change our mind-set from that of an anti-delluvian mind (before Noah's great flood) to that of a modern technologically oriented one; for instance we have been complaining of the low level of water at the Kainji Dam, during the dry season as this leads to low electric power production from the dam and this in turn causes incessant power shortage all over the country, for more than 40 years and no one has come up with an idea on how to solve this problem.
I once told a friend that if we could create an artificial lake near the kainji dam, we could channel the water from the lake in such a way that it will flow into the dam and drive the turbines , when water from the River Niger is low, and thus produce the much needed electricity.The water from the artificial lake can be re-cycled so that there will always be water in it.

3. We need to align our mind to the benefits that will accrue from adopting the theory of comparative advantage, for instance a state like Lagos State has the Atlantic Ocean bordering it, there is no reason therefore, why such a God given natural resource cannot be used to drive wind mills set up in the middle of the Ocean to generate electricity for the state.

4.We need to make our minds think of how to overcome any difficulty or obstacle we are facing as a nation, for instance food abundance or security cannot be achieved for a country of over 140 million people using 2,500 years old farming implements such as the hoe and cutlass and the subsistence farming method we are currently into.
The introduction of simple technological improvements, for instance having a tricylce with a modern form of the hoe attached to it can help cultivate large acres of land at minimal expense and effort.

5. We need to audit our work procedures and style of living on a yearly basis. For instance, we could audit our health sector to find out how it catered for the citizenry in a certain year; its been found through polling that 85% or more Nigerians patronise the local chemist first instead of the hospitals, auditing the health sector can reveal how this anomaly can be corrected through health insurance, as is currently being done in Lagos State through the community based health Insurance scheme, and other means of encouraging people to use the hospitals.

6.The economy should be private sector driven as this will reduce the problem of 'big' Government with the attendant problem of waste of government resources which could have been better utilised in areas like education, health and infrastructure. The Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) is reported to have gulped billions of naira in the last 8 years, with nothing much to show for it, but if it is privatised and properly run, then it could end up paying corporate taxes worth billions of naira every year to the Federal Government instead of the government giving it subventions yearly.

u are sure a man of wisdom, and u can see a real vission and that it is possible, like i have said millions of times, there are some changes that me and you cld do at the grass roots, however, there are some changes that only pple in power cld make, and since we dont have the power "yet", we will have to find a way to get that power, mind you the motive behind all these is not the power, it is to get our nation back and see a better Nigeria.
If Nigerians are really serious and willing to make sacrifices, we can get a good raod within a year in the nation, we can get drinkable water within a year, and better hospital where the leaders cld stay in the nation and get treated is achievable with revamping our health systems and for the govt to make "safe a life" kinda stuff and not just making the money.
Power generation is more than possible with investing in Nuclear power, Solar power generations, Wind cld be used as well.
Food for pple is not hard to make happen, we have fertile soil, but it amazes me that pple still farm with cutlasses and hoes and yet they expect their produce to feed the nation.
Anyways, i am sure it is achievable
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2008
tombola:

solution - ban all diasporic nintendoes from coming to Nigeria. Nigeria will be better,
How is this the problem, infact the money pumped into the system yearly is significant, there are so many retirees in Nigeria that depends on son, daughter, bro/sis or nephew abroad to make a living every month.
okomogo:

Why are some people pessimistic,if we talk about politicians, don't forget they are our parents, brothers & sisters, cousins, uncles & aunties, nephews, friends, church/mosque/shrine co-worshippers, ex-schoomates.
We hail them each time they are around just to get little money from them,we never tell them what they are doing is bad because you use their connections to get job ,contracts etc.Who do you want to blame for you and i know them eat and dine with them and you come to this forum and call them politicians.Is one of your relatives not among them?

How would u prevent the old fools from preventing u from even running?
I just think it is time for the youths to get involved and chase of all the old goats.

Okomogo, it is time we get real and stop being biased, all cos someone s my father is not enuf for me to stop short of calling such a name, these are pple that ought to look for our best interests and have they done any of those? nope, so such is no human but a goat.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by blasterman(m): 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2008
Nigeria can only be like this when we substitute pray with work. The difference btw nigeria and western world is that ppl work like mad and they accomplish their goals but in Naija a man would beleive he can tithe his way to a better life,

This kind of nigeria is acheiveable if only we elect genuine ppl to office and we let the politicans know that we are tired with this kind of bullshit life.

Also if we can have a John Kennedy mentaility of what can i do to make my country great , that shd be a starting pt, anyways viva naija
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2008
blasterman:

Nigeria can only be like this when we substitute pray with work. The difference between nigeria and western world is that people work like mad and they accomplish their goals but in Naija a man would beleive he can tithe his way to a better life,

This kind of nigeria is acheiveable if only we elect genuine people to office and we let the politicans know that we are tired with this kind of bullshit life.

Also if we can have a John Kennedy mentaility of what can i do to make my country great , that should be a starting pt, anyways viva naija
hahahahahahahahahaha
this is a very good one
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ochiaha1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2008
$$Rhino:

u are sure a man of wisdom, and u can see a real vission and that it is possible, like i have said millions of times, there are some changes that me and you cld do at the grass roots, however, there are some changes that only people in power cld make, and since we don't have the power "yet", we will have to find a way to get that power, mind you the motive behind all these is not the power, it is to get our nation back and see a better Nigeria.
If Nigerians are really serious and willing to make sacrifices, we can get a good road within a year in the nation, we can get drinkable water within a year, and better hospital where the leaders cld stay in the nation and get treated is achievable with revamping our health systems and for the govt to make "safe a life" kind of stuff and not just making the money.
Power generation is more than possible with investing in Nuclear power, Solar power generations, Wind cld be used as well.
Food for people is not hard to make happen, we have fertile soil, but it amazes me that people still farm with cutlasses and hoes and yet they expect their produce to feed the nation.
Anyways, i am sure it is achievable

Thank you so much for the compliments.

I think the forthcoming constitution review should address the issue of how our political parties are being run because i believe the system does not allow the best people we have to get elected at the party level and eventually at the government level. It means in essence that its often thugs,people who are bereft of ideas on how to govern properly and very corrupt minded elements who are elected into government, but I agree totally with you that we should try and wrestle political control from these bad elements.

The chinese have a proverb that, the journey of a thousand miles starts with one footstep; lets all take the first step in trying to reform our country for good by joining a political party.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by tombola: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2008
Nigeria can only be better if all Nigerians begin to be optimistic and not pessimistic, when citizens learn to trust the government, not when so called men of God say one thing today and tommorrow they say something else, when the citizens beleuve in the effort of government, when the citizens both contribute to the good of the land, when the citizens outside stop comparing Nigeria to where they abode, when we all join hands to offer the little we can, not when all we get from so called American Nigeria, British Nigerians etc, when all the country get from them is bashings to the left and to the right, when all they see about Nigeria is doom, gloom and destruction, when all they see back home is a bleak future, common, when all the people on NairaLand alone choose to work for the good of the country Nigeria.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2008
tombola:

Nigeria can only be better if all Nigerians begin to be optimistic and not pessimistic, when citizens learn to trust the government,

What do you mean begin to be optimistic? What do you mean when you say the Nigerian people should learn to trust government?

tombola:

not when so called men of God say one thing today and tommorrow they say something else,
The men of God in their wavering, cause more harm in that country than the actual government does? Do you know of any other country in the same situation?

tombola:

when the citizens beleuve in the effort of government, when the citizens both contribute to the good of the land,
So the currently situation that has remained same for decades now validate your belief that the efforts of government has been for the good of the citizens? How can the citizens contribute to the good of the land? Do you mean financially, cause I wonder why the billions, government gets each year to fund it’s efforts, are not enough.

tombola:

when the citizens outside stop comparing Nigeria to where they abode,
So it is wrong to see the good happening elsewhere and demand that we want same in our own country?? It is wrong to make comparisons to help educate people in Nigeria on how much better their lives can be if only they had better government?

tombola:

when we all join hands to offer the little we can, not when all we get from so called American Nigeria, British Nigerians etc,
We need to contribute even more money to save Nigeria in addition to the millions the country makes, free of charge oo, from oil and foreign AIDs( millions each year from this)??

tombola:

when all the country get from them is bashings to the left and to the right, when all they see about Nigeria is doom, gloom and destruction, when all they see back home is a bleak future, common, when all the people on NairaLand alone choose to work for the good of the country Nigeria.

So is it nairalanders to blame then ? I mean even in foreign lands, what most do is simply live their lives and that is all the contribution they need to make to help build their nation. Millions of Nigerians have been living their lives, how come that does not seem to be helping? Oh yeah, there is the issue of good government that seems to be missing from the Nigerian equation. Do you really think what Nigeria needs is some “GOOD WILL” zombies??
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2008
ochi-aha:

Thank you so much for the compliments.

I think the forthcoming constitution review should address the issue of how our political parties are being run because i believe the system does not allow the best people we have to get elected at the party level and eventually at the government level. It means in essence that its often thugs,people who are bereft of ideas on how to govern properly and very corrupt minded elements who are elected into government, but I agree totally with you that we should try and wrestle political control from these bad elements.

The chinese have a proverb that, the journey of a thousand miles starts with one footstep; lets all take the first step in trying to reform our country for good by joining a political party.
I really will like to agree with you on that, that some constitution will be changed and will change how they select who and who can run for office in Nigeria and will help us to weed out all the old maggots, however, i dont agree with that, cos Nigeria's law is just for the poor and not for teh wealthy ones.
I think we need proper democracy and normal procedure of election must be followed
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by timbabng(m): 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2008
. . . .one day
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by anonimi: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2008
okomogo:

f we talk about politicians, don't forget they are our parents, brothers & sisters, cousins, uncles & aunties, nephews, friends, church/mosque/shrine co-worshippers, ex-schoomates.
We hail them each time they are around just to get little money from them,we never tell them what they are doing is bad because you use their connections to get job ,contracts etc.Who do you want to blame for  you and i know them eat and dine with them and you come to this forum and call them politicians.
Is one of your relatives not among them?

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!!

Anyone ready to answer the above question honestly?
When we can and do answer we will start seeing the change we ]say we desire.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2008
anonimi:

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!!

with how nigeria is and all connected, i am sure one of our father, mother, bros and sister is in power, however, i dont think that will be enuf for us to accept their nonsense, if my father is the governor or the president and yet doing all what is being done, where the lil kids cant afford to got o school, all cos the parents cant afford it, and yet my father is stashing money away, then, such father worth being called a PIG, cos only a pig will do such.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2008
anonimi:

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!!

I can say that I do not have any relatives that I hail, let alone get money from knowing the money is illicitly obtained. Does that help?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I can say that I do not have any relatives that I hail, let alone get money from knowing the money is illicitly obtained. Does that help?? ROFLMAO!!

I am glad we have pple like u too jare, my say is this, if you wont help me cos i am telling u the truth, the person cld go jump into lagoon.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by tombola: 6:55pm On Sep 15, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Do you have a job realy? honestly speaking. Do you think with your brain, or you have to service your brain before putting it into use, do you even have one iota of brain at all, or its been rigmaroled into a putericacious hilli billie? I need to know.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2008
$$Rhino:

I am glad we have people like u too jare, my say is this, if you wont help me because i am telling u the truth, the person cld go jump into lagoon.

@Okomogo is right, many of these politicians happen to have relatives and mothers who continue to enjoy the money that belong to the people. Many do not blink when accepting the money but could be among those who in secret claim to be against the atrocities being committed against the people.

I have a small family and knowing what I know of most, I can speak for self, and I do urge all, as anomini has, to answer the question, not just for the public to note but for their own conscience. That is a good place to start.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 7:30pm On Sep 15, 2008
i am a man that has achieved all i have with no one's help, and i can beat my chest that i know of no father, brother or uncle not aunty that is in power anywhere that i dey chop from, so i have answered mine.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by tombola: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2008
you guys are so foolish.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2008
$$Rhino:

i am a man that has achieved all i have with no one's help, and i can beat my chest that i know of no father, brother or uncle not aunty that is in power anywhere that i dey chop from, so i have answered mine.
grin
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Wokeyim(f): 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ Post
UTOPIA!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

Who is this Thomas Moore? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by keba(m): 12:34am On Sep 16, 2008
It would be great to conceive such a thought. If this has to be posible, we have to re-orientate our minds first, as
a government then as a people to get to such a state as described in this thread. How i wish for this to be a reality
in this my generation and not when i don kpia cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police / PDP Accuses INEC, APC Of Burning Non-indigenes' Pvcs In Lagos / Nigeria’s gas revenue drops by 50%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.