Stats: 3,194,717 members, 7,955,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:04 PM

What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? (40800 Views)

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / Ten Differences Between Ghana And Nigeria / Nigeria Should Follow Ghana's And Brazil's Path. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by BlackStarr: 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2010
I'll have to somewhat agree with genelle.  I wont generalize and say that all Ghanaian and Nigerians hate each other. But some of them do, and some Nigerians feel supirior to Ghanians because of the whole ''ghana must go'' incident, that took place in the 80s. Once again I am not generalizing because I know many Nigerians, in fact my girlfriend is from Nigeria, which proves that I have nothing against them,  and I kno that not all of them are like that. But I really think that this nonsense has to stop.  I feel that we should respect one another and be treated as equals because the truth is that none of us is better than the other, we are all the same same in many ways, and lol Ghanians are not necessarily darker than Nigerians it depends from what tribe you're from.  Yes, we all know the whole incident that took place in the 80s but many forget the incident than took place very recently in 2009 when Obama was in Ghana and felicitated them for their accomplishment and improvements.  I really think that many tend to forget that we are all Africans, we are suppose to be one  and not feel like one is better than the other or that Nigerian is Ghana's BIG BROTHER, We are all the same.  Ask a white man from Australia and he wont see a difference between us, its only because of pride and cuz we feel better than the other that we can't see that.

God Bless Africa as a whole, and not Ghana and Nigeria
NONSENNNSEEEEEE!!!!!! LOL
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by GhanaGal: 7:19pm On May 26, 2010
dats jus da way it is, if ur gonna keep on hatin dats ur own probs. but hey, u cant change who i am, i will always b a GHANIAN, nkwasea fo( to all dem haterz)

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by GhanaGal: 7:22pm On May 26, 2010
blackstarr smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by morpheus24: 8:36pm On May 26, 2010
As for me I am supporting my distant brothers Cameroun and Ghana at this World cup and will be wearing all three Jerseys in support.

If you don't like it come meet me, let me show you what I do to ignorant people,
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by djbentley: 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
[color=#006600]Ghanian's are gradually becoming persuasive about their previous stance on Nigeria,
after expressing a bitter stance on Nigeria on their ghanaweb.com,
i just think ghanians have a lot to learn about the human race, expecially has it has to do with countries & nationalities.
for instance Cambodia will never compete space, auhtority and populatn with india, same as serbia will not do with russia, luxembourg with germany, or new zealand with england, ghanians should just painfully accept the sorry irony about their existence.

i grew up having a ghanian frend 'Donne" after he moved to ghana fro nigeria in the mid 90's hav never met a ghanian like him, every other ones have been 'despondent rasist' and pityfully after donne's return to ghana he himself has turned the ghana leaf.   the anti-nigerian leaf.
should i just call Ghana BABYLON, a place of envy and strife[/color]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by tetemo: 1:37am On Jan 08, 2011
same color, same standard of living, same least developed countries, same majority of population are poor, and same problems, I can't spot any difference. Outside people doesn't really care if you are nigerians or ghanaians because for them we are all the same black africans.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2011
nigeria has so many scientists
nigeria has many writers the best known african writers
the best comedians
the best entertainers
we long road network
some people say the roads are bad but people run 180km on it
if it were that bad 180km/hr wouldnt have been possible
we have one of the tree skylines in africa
talking about democracy we have had cases where incumbents have been thrown out of office
through elections
people say there is no light but there is no time we dont have light in our business places
we are hard working people
we have the best movie industry in africa
i can go on and on but let me stop here
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by otumfour(m): 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
excuses! 

souldust:

people say there is no light but there is no time we dont have light in our business places
u should be ashamed wit this up here^ shocked shocked shocked
we'r in 2011 u know  sad SMH

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by emofine(f): 5:42am On Jan 22, 2011
otumfour:

excuses! 
u should be ashamed wit this up here^ shocked shocked shocked
we'r in 2011 u know  sad SMH

Hey sexy you never kept your promise sad
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by otumfour(m): 5:05am On Jan 23, 2011
emofine:

Hey sexy you never kept your promise sad

My apologies! kiss
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by kliva6(f): 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2011
i don't see anything with the both countries, love them both
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by kabna(m): 3:08am On Mar 24, 2011
you know i think this ghana naija thing should be settled in a war. but on a more seriuos note why? moderator you need not entertain such topics any further.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by collinsfbi(m): 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2011
you know i think this ghana naija thing should be settled in a war.
I don't think so, violence is not always the remedy to every conflict.

but on a more seriuos note why? moderator you need not entertain such topics any further.
It is a free forum and i think pple should be given chances to air their view but some comments are very reasonable while some are off point, very annoying and bias. No offence pls
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by 419Naija: 7:53am On Mar 30, 2011
Ghanaians are in no way jealous of Nigeria. LOL, Seriously what is there to be jealous of? The rampant corruption, extortion, tribal/religion genocide? In case you didn't already know, the hausa-fulani and the Igbo have been slaughtering each other for the past 60 years. Ghana has over 30 tribes and we've never fought against each other since colonization and our independence. Nigerians are like rats, they give Africans a bad rep. If you go anywhere in the world you will find at least one Nigerian. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good naijas but a majority of the bad apples drown out the good ones.

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by kabna(m): 8:23am On Jun 29, 2011
collinsfbi:

I don't think so, violence is not always the remedy to every conflict.
It is a free forum and i think pple should be given chances to air their view but some comments are very reasonable while some are off point, very annoying and bias. No offence pls

Bro am not offended at all, I just wanted to sound a bit off course. Clearly we don't need war. I tried to educate people that such spewing of animosity is not good and eventhough it seems harmless, it can fuel xenophobia. On another note, I feel people can use such a medium to vent their hatred so as to reduce the extent of negative sentiments they might be harbouring.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by collinsfbi(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2011
Bro am not offended at all, I just wanted to sound a bit off course. Clearly we don't need war. I tried to educate people that such spewing of animosity is not good and eventhough it seems harmless, it can fuel xenophobia. On another note, I feel people can use such a medium to vent their hatred so as to reduce the extent of negative sentiments they might be harbouring.
There is something i have been saying on this forum and i won't stop saying it, this is a public forum and so you don't expect everybody to behave the same way. There are lots of pple here with great and encouraging comments while some only come here to trade words with others and nothing reasonable to say. Nigeria and Ghana are both great nations with brighter future and together we can achieve this by complement each other’s effort. Looking for weaknesses to tackle each other will not help us to grow. So let’s unite and bring sunshine upon the two nations. Peace
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by yem66: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2011
yov are right! It started way back immeadiately after our independence and very close with theirs, black star wanted to rule w.africa, then we discovered oil, we became popular in the west via football.,.then when kongi collected the nobel laureate.notwithstanding Achebe's Things Fall Apart couldnt be rivaled, the Emegialis,then kanus,okochas,obagoal etc all came out .how many from ghana?ave u heard about bishop oyedepo's church annexed by bishop , ?fgn waded in but , finally NOLLYWOOD.THE TRUTH GHANA HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIVING UNDER NIGERIA'S SHADOW.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by kabna(m): 9:18pm On Sep 14, 2011
yem66:

yov are right! It started way back immeadiately after our independence and very close with theirs, black star wanted to rule w.africa, then we discovered oil, we became popular in the west via football.,.then when kongi collected the nobel laureate.notwithstanding Achebe's Things Fall Apart couldnt be rivaled, the Emegialis,then kanus,okochas,obagoal etc all came out .how many from ghana?ave u heard about bishop oyedepo's church annexed by bishop , ?fgn waded in but , finally NOLLYWOOD.THE TRUTH GHANA HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIVING UNDER NIGERIA'S SHADOW.

Hey Ghana never lives under anyones shadow, Do you know anything about the glorious history of the AKan of Ghana? Go and do your reasearch and find out about the great people in acient Egypt and see which tribes of people features there big time, the great kings of Egypt KUFU, AKENTEN ETC ARE ANCESTORS OF PRESENT DAY AKAN PEOPLE OF GHANA. IF YOU KNOW YOUR HISTORY, PRESENT AND FUTURE, WHY WOULD YOU BE LIVING IN ANYONE'S SHADOW? STOP THIS STUPID TALK.

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by kabna(m): 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2011
its this kind of unlearned minds that upsets me, intellectually inept and unresearching minds. i have been on this site for long and i have noticed the changing attitudes of some nigerians towards ghanaians in a more respectful and tolerant manner, i certainly welcome that not yours
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by ajadek(m): 10:36pm On Sep 14, 2011
to me ghanias are frendly and lovely expecially their woman,they love to maried to nigeria man,i didnt regret my last trip to ghana, in area of security,electrity,they are better than nigeria,bt area of exposure we are better than them,
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Lax75(m): 12:33am On Sep 15, 2011
From what I see, we Nigerians love to demean Ghanaians more than the other way round. Personally, I think Ghanaians are some of the coolest people that I have met IMO. Very rich culture, a smart group of people and I've seen some very sexy, cool, and calm Ghanaian women. Whenever I see a Ghanaian I feel like I'm talking to an extended family member. Big Ups to all my "Charlies and Charlettes!"
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by genelle(f): 2:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
wow, this thread is still on going??
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Rocktation(f): 11:52am On Feb 29, 2012
Well I pick on people that pick on me. And I haven't noticed yet that Ghanaians have something against Nigerians but if/when I do, by God I'm going to have somethingsssssss against them too!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Bidvest2020: 12:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
rubbish talk! I'm Ghanaian n very proud of my heritage! if I ever come back to this life,I'll love to come back as a Ghanaian. May God continue 2 bless the Motherland! God bless the good people of this great nation! AMEN
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:05am On May 05, 2013
I wonder why people post trash on the forum. I dont think there is any discrimination in the two countries. I am a Nigerian and i know how thousands of nigerians cross the border day by day all in the name of greener pasture and most of them move to ghana. Go to expatblog.com and see huge number of nigerians begging to go to Ghana. Likewise Ghanians too are many in nigeria. They are the ones who hawk puff-puff, bun, pie and so on. They fry yam, potato at every road side junctions. So we are mixed up already and we are one. Even me myself wants to be in ghana
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by dooch(m): 10:58pm On May 05, 2013
i was surprise to see this hate between ghana and nigeria on niaraland. if i hadnt come to nairaland, i wouldnt have known that hate existed like that, between ghanaians and nigerians. i have five nigerian friends here in the university and had ine called Bassey back in secondary school. and was my paddy paddy. we learn together,play together and i dont remember the last time we said anything ill in reference to nigeria. we are so close to the extent that we sametime forget togo and benin divides us.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by LightBeauty: 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
I Really hate this kinda stuff. i wont say whether im Nigerian or Ghanaian till the end.
NIGERIA: Nigerian has been in the BRITISH Newspapers countless numbers of times; whether good or bad; Nigerians are known to be in gangs, to go to jail but are also know to exceed academically, even more than the british lipsrsealed - Yes, Nigerian do have a hatred to Ghanaian as they seem boisterious and proud; 'Ghana Must Go' generated when ghanaians all started to come to Nigeria. This was for no other reason. Nigerians are the most popular african country, for the good or the bad; nigerian girls are beautiful whether light or dark, nigerian boys are handsome; 'Desmond Elliot' 'TINIE TEMPAH' and so on...(YES tinie Tempah is nigerian, matter of fact hes Igbo... but i dont see him scamming people.. nope.)

GHANA: Ghanaians are fast spreeading in the U.K, They always have something against nigeria; they see their selves as superior for meaningless reasons. Ghana makes alot of money from their export of cocoa beans this could be one of their reasons and the fact the nigerian is making more money with thier oil is making their head hurt. Ghanaians are not as mainstream as nigerian but are still known.

AS YOU MAY NOW KNOW; I am a london born and living Nigerian; Ghanians annoy me at times; they're the reason people think its nigerians that are blick...ITS GHANIANS; ALLL THE GHANIANS IN MY SCHOOL ARE BLICK, NONE OF THEIR GIRLS OR BOYS ARE BEAUTIFUL, This doesnt include the mixed race; they're english is NOT better than nigerians, their failure to pronounce words like 'Money' annoys me;

they say our Jollof Rice is bad when they always seem to be talking the most at nigerian parties, the watch nigerian movies and listen to our music all the time, their football team is unknown; the nigerian team memebers are well known; one of the plays for the british team Chelsea so shutup! Ghanians are blick ugly, mostly short, farse, like to add ppl on fb and ask for visa??

MOST Thier friends are nigerian and they have to audacity to cuss us? Ghanians need to grow up, GARI IS NIGERIAN... HEY EAT IT TOO; tHIS TOPIC SHOLD END; NIGEIRA IS CLEARLY BETTER THAN GHANA and this site is Nairaland... if your ghanaian why are you on a nigerian site your obvs jealous. i live in essex, me and my friends know a girl on facebook 'Angel Gha' shes ghanian and has little to no hair and is BLICK AND BUTT UGLY. BYE.

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by tck2000(m): 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
now it's South Africans.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by lilpage14(m): 12:21am On Jun 07, 2019
Ghana and Nigeria are like 5 & 6. inseparable

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Danfo Bus Bashes A Ferrari At Lekki Tollgate (video) / Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. / Flood At Ore, Benin-Lagos Expressway, Travellers & Motorists Stranded

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63