Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,218 members, 7,953,807 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:01 AM

What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? (40794 Views)

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / Ten Differences Between Ghana And Nigeria / Nigeria Should Follow Ghana's And Brazil's Path. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by kellorah: 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2006
dnt hate ghanians oooo they dnt hate 9ja peeps. in der music vids, they almost always mention 9ja. ive got ghanian friends and the one i'm close to, she's got a lovely family and i'm always welcome n e time i go der. thyv got bare 9ja movies and dats how i get to watch em cos we dnt buy 9ja films in ma house lol.
newys,,,,they r gr8 peeps. if they wernt gd peeps, i dnt fink tony tetuila wudve agreed to sing wiv tic tac
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2006
please tell them. i dont know where dis mongo park got his statistics from. all my ghanian friends are cool with me and im cool with them. we aint got no probs.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2006
i dont know why are all are gonna jus sit here and act like its all gravy between nigeria and ghana.

its all jus friendly rivalry, no beef, yes i said it, rivals, probably because ghana is one of the most similar countries to nigeria, we both play good soccer and have colonized by the british. and yet so close to the other. so its all jus friendly competiton.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by superman(m): 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2006
some ppl like talkin just for reason na only dem know! Ghana simply dnt like u and ur family ! u better beleive dat! maybe bluenubian speak english as sixth language
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2006
i swear u are a devil, u always in my face yelling hell fire!! hell fire!! u r the one disputing urself, yes i speak like i know, abeg carry ur self commot jare. u must like my name and do u always have to color code it everytime, maybe because u realize no one wants to read ur junk thats why u add color to it.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2006
superman:

Ghana simply dnt like u and your family ! u better beleive that! maybe bluenubian speak english as sixth language

and u are the professor of english huh!!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by otokx(m): 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2006
lets not generalize or use the few bad ones to paint the whole lot, we nigerians have messed ourselves so much that naija bashing used to be a favourite pastime but things are changing.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2006
u are still generalizing, its quite hard not to.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by funloving(m): 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2006
Maybe the Ghanians and all dem small african countries  are jealous of us Nigerians.  grin
We are a terrible lot as a country but we still achieve great goals. That is enough to make any rival nation run mad with envy.

But my Ghanians friends are cool. They don't hate me and I love them. So no more beef.

Lets take them as our little brothers and sisters and lets pet them and re-assure them that when we become the great nation we are going to become ,we won't oppress them but will give them some small, small contracts to execute on our behalf.  cheesy

I love Ghanians !!! Especially Rhodalyn  kiss
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2006
true true
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Idekeson(m): 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2006
bluenubian:

i don't know why are all are going to jus sit here and act like its all gravy between nigeria and ghana. its all jus friendly rivalry, no beef, yes i said it, rivals,,

Rivalry is an overstretch. Rivalry between Enugu or Edo state and a combination of the little sister nations will be an even match.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by medube(m): 12:23am On Jul 11, 2006
Coming from a Nigerian who visited Ghana last xmas, I wouldnt say I saw hatred or jealousy between the 2, rather I will say Ghana look up to Nigera as a big brother. A Ghanian even told me that as we here in Nigera like to visit the US and UK and think its big, to them if someone says he came to Nigeria, its big cool I think thanks to good governance which they have had and we have lacked they have been able to put themselves on a good start to development.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by waleleader(m): 9:55am On Jul 11, 2006
Peeps, its not only Ghanians that hate nigeria, its most of Africa. the question is why?
The answer is simple, Nigeria came from no where to become a giant in Africa

Ghana and Nigeria were both British colonies, Ghana got indipendence in 1957 and nigeria in 1960

Ghana was always ahead of Nigeria until 2 decades ago,

during the colonial years, Ghana was called Gold Coast cos they had gold, Ivory coast had ivory and seira leone had Diamonds; they were all popular colonies.Nigeria had no resorces but slaves and hence the former name "slave coast".

However since the Oil boom, things have changed. Nigeria is more popular world over(god or bad press), we are obviously richer than all above named countries added together.
have y'all forgoten the eighties when the Black stars of Ghana used to Beat the Green eagles with ease(The Abedi Pele days). I still remember the days when Nigerian students preferred Ghanian Universities cos they were better rated, Ghanian teachers in Nigerian schools were paid higher wages. and Ghanians were generally considered better than Nigerians academically.
All that has changed and Ghanians are not very happy. its not beef , its just sibling rivalry. One love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by medube(m): 11:55am On Jul 11, 2006
walelead:

I still remember the days when Nigerian students preferred Ghanian Universities because they were better rated, Ghanian teachers in Nigerian schools were paid higher wages. and Ghanians were generally considered better than Nigerians academically.

FYI Ghanian education is still rated higher than Nigerian. And to even add to that, I know a lot of students who are leaving Nigeria and doing their University education in Ghana till date.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by waleleader(m): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2006
@ medube
FYI Ghanian education is still rated higher than Nigerian. And to even add to that, I know a lot of students who are leaving Nigeria and doing their University education in Ghana till date.

Ur right, but its  because Nigerian universities are not enough for the number of applicants. try working out the ratio of Nigerian universities to that of Jamb applicants for this year alone, plus those that got frustrated and forgot about going to University.

and to all Nairalanders, there is such a thing as the Ghana / Nigeria rivalry, we are brovas and its good to have a lil rivalry.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by QueenB1(f): 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2006
hmmmmmhm. Why is that always Ghana and Nigeria have to quarell. this is amaizing o. hey, I cant take this anymore ah.
I am a ghanian and I swear to God that I love Nigerians very much. I like their videos their beauties and other stuffs.
But for sure I also love Ghana and everything about it. But trully really in this Forum Nigerian really diss Ghanians very much. It is unbelievable to see topics like ( I HAVE NEVER SEEN A PRETTY GHANIAN LADY BEFORE LOL). or during the Football match they wishes ghana to loose. Ofcourse not all Nigerians are the same but most of them really think that they are better in every thing than Ghana. And this I cant swallow. Because all humans are made of dust so whats up wit the hatred and comparisons. As ´for me I am a humble person and I like every sort of people and I thought that after u guys read this we can all have peace in here. But ofcourse no one can change anybodys attitude regarding Race.
But then everybody should stop blaming the white people when they have something against black people. Because if u guys continue like this then u are all also Racist. and the White racist are even better!!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by zebudaya(m): 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2006
medube:

Any Nigerian that leaves naija to go to school in Ghana is wasting time you might as well stay home, why not South Africa they have the best universities in Africa. http://www.socialcapitalgateway.org/eng-rankingafrica.htm

You belittle your country and everything in it but love the next man's country. the grass is always greener on the other side? I remember when we were growing up people used to say Ghanians spoke english the "Right way" with the right diction while we Nigerians messed the language up, i bet the English and the Americans would beg to differ.

I'm A PROUD NIGERIAN for LIFE!!!!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by waleleader(m): 12:55pm On Jul 11, 2006
Chill out Queen B, no one has said anything personal about Ghanian people. i live  and work in Tottenham London, which is the capital of Ghanians in UK. they dont hate me and suprisingly they watch Nigerian movies and know about Nigeria even more than some of us. The fact that we disagree to agree, vice versa is not RACISM.

A bunch of Ghanians have said some terrible hings about Nigeria to me but i dont hate them because of that. I just sometimes feel bad cos they are helping to drag our name in the mud. right now, Ghanians in UK have beef for JJ Okocha cos he said Ivroy Coast was the best African team at the world cup. they said he hates Ghana.

I supported Ivory Coast in the world cup and a lot of my Ghanian peeps were unhappy, i just thot Ivory Coast was a better team . No hating
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by waleleader(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2006
zebudaya:

Any Nigerian that leaves naija to go to school in Ghana is wasting time you might as well stay home, why not South Africa they have the best universities in Africa. http://www.socialcapitalgateway.org/eng-rankingafrica.htm

brov, forget all those nonsense rating. Go to top american and british universities to find Nigerian students topping the classes. Nigeria will never be rated fairly in Africa, its not thier fault , its ours. there is no defined system for anything in Nigeria, how would you rate a disorganised institution
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by kellorah: 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2006
lol, tottenham capital of ghanaians in Uk hahahaha
i like the ghanaian people at my ends. they are really nice. but ghanaians like nigerians. they buy their movies more than we even do.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by waleleader(m): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2006
kellorah:

lol, tottenham capital of ghanaians in Uk hahahaha
i like the ghanaian people at my ends. they are really nice. but ghanaians like nigerians. they buy their movies more than we even do.

i stand corrected but where else would you find more ghanians in London or the entire UK. 5 in every 10 black person at Seven sisters in Tottenham would be a ghanian.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by kellorah: 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2006
lol. i didn't know that. but i know majority of nigerians in london live in th south, Peckam
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by waleleader(m): 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2006
yeah nigerian live in south east while ghanians live in the north of london
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by QueenB1(f): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2006
whatever!!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by spikedcylinder: 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2006
If this is true,why are there so many Ghanians in Nigeria(many of which claim Nigeria is a stupid and useless country though it beats me why they are still here)and many Nigerians in Ghana?
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by gloriouspl(f): 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2006
Wow this is really interesting, I usually just come on this website and read the Qs and As, and neva post a comment , but I just had to for this one, It is really funny cuz I was just having this same conversation with my dad, i'm nigerian Of course and proud to be, Howeva I believe that this toplc was not framed well, I believe it should be what do gahnians have against Nigerians, I believe Nigerians are the most Friendliest people in the world and that is why they can live everywhere and U see them every corner in any part of the world, On the other hand gahnians walk around like they are in charge of thins and they won't listen to anyone else, so it is hard for them to mingle and make friends with other ppl, particularly africans, or let me say Nigerians, (speaking from experience) I see a lot of them in the states and their best friends are the cock asian ppl, not that I have anything against the white, what i am saying is that we all come from the same part of the world we gotta love eachother b4r anyone else can really love us ,

cool
Oh yeah U want reasons Y nigerians and gahnians be hating on each other, 1), Gahnians think they speak better english than nigerians, (Fact), (2) gahnians believe they r smarter than nigerians (fact), a gahnian told me that , (3)Gahnians have stereotypyed Us as being 419, We do JUJU, We eat humans, (fact) A gahnian told me that when we had an heated argument, last but not least Gahnians Are just Jealous. (fact) they tell U not to get something, and the next day, there they r with the same thing, Personal experience, I still have Gahnian friends but sometimes we just go back and forth arguing and that Gahna, Nigeria thing usually comes out, Well I'm done, sorry i talked to much but I just had to let it all out, thanks grin grin grin
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by rikkyjen(m): 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2006
Oh yeah U want reasons Y nigerians and gahnians be hating on each other, 1), Gahnians think they speak better english than nigerians, (Fact), (2) gahnians believe they r smarter than nigerians (fact), a gahnian told me that , (3)Gahnians have stereotypyed Us as being 419, We do JUJU, We eat humans, (fact) A gahnian told me that when we had an heated argument, last but not least Gahnians Are just Jealous. (fact) they tell U not to get something, and the next day, there they r with the same thing, Personal experience, I still have Gahnian friends but sometimes we just go back and forth arguing and that Gahna, Nigeria thing usually comes out, Well I'm done, sorry i talked to much but I just had to let it all out, thanks

Dude you are bullshitting!!. look stop smoking that sh!tit does you more harm than good, its harmful to your sense of jugdement, who the f&ck told you Naijas eat theirselves. Ok, prolly Y'all eat yourselves in your village. WTF? Which west african country doesnt do juju. shocked shocked angry angry. Get ur facts straight before posting.Now, !!! Is cyber-fraud not done in other countries, even developed countries

Now, I guess you need the peace pipe to get to sleep angry angry
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Idekeson(m): 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2006
rikkyjen:

Dude you are bullshitting!!. look stop smoking that sh!tit does you more harm than good, its harmful to your sense of jugdement, who the f&ck told you Naijas eat theirselves. Ok, prolly Y'all eat yourselves in your village. WTF? Which west african country doesnt do juju. shocked shocked angry angry. Get your facts straight before posting.Now, !!! Is cyber-fraud not done in other countries, even developed countries
Now, I guess you need the peace pipe to get to sleep angry angry

Maybe if you read her post a little slowly, you'll find no need to attack her.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by superman(m): 12:02am On Jul 12, 2006
again when i talk about fools! i think history has authorise me to say so! macol-x there they are! can u see them!

god bless united nigeria
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by kellorah: 12:03am On Jul 12, 2006
amen
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by ufot(m): 2:17am On Jul 12, 2006
what about all these ghanains with Ngerian passports?, somebody tell something about this,
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Temin(m): 2:24am On Jul 12, 2006
In my own candid opinion I don't think Nigerians 8 Ghananians. I love them and their culture.The land is 1derfull. Have you guys been there ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. / Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) / Danfo Bus Bashes A Ferrari At Lekki Tollgate (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.