Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,637 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? (40508 Views)

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / Ten Differences Between Ghana And Nigeria / Nigeria Should Follow Ghana's And Brazil's Path. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by dblock(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2007
ebeledi:

@ dblock

dude benin has yorubras togo has yourabras and ghana has 1 percent of yorubras in their population

lets remember africa was colonized by white people who knew nothing about our territorial boundaries which is the reason there is such instability today

enlighten yourself with education before displaying lack of knowledge of something

Yeah like I didn't know that. Pure stupidity, I am yoruba so I think I know where my language is tongue
Yoruba is also spoken in Haiti, Dominican republic, Cuba and Brazil, but all these Yoruba/yoruba speakers cam from south western Nigeria, that is the source. Yoruba was first spoken in Nigeria, so why don't you go enlighten yourself with education. angry angry angry angry angry

You make no sense, you speak of stats that even dogas are aware of. Negro please!!!!!!!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by ebeledi(m): 12:57am On Apr 08, 2007
yourbras have been in ghana benin and togo prior to european colonization just like igbos have been in cameroon prior before that

this is not due to recent migration this is a fact

enlighten yourself you sound dumb
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by dblock(m): 2:34am On Apr 08, 2007
Tell me when i said it was due to recent migrations. Menn you really are an amoeba. The first yoruba civilizations are in Ife and Oyo. The people that speak Yoruba in Benin are not yorubas, they are people descendant of Dahomey warriors that conquered parts of S.Western Nigeria and picked up the language. The Hausas in Niger are Nigerians that migrated to southern Niger. The Igbos of Nigeria and the people of Cameroon share linguistic and religious similarities, they are essentially the same people. prior to European colonization West Africa was split into Great Kingdoms, there were the Songhai, the Mali, the Ghanaian kingdom, the Karnem Bornu, the Oyo Kingdon, the Dahomey warriors etc. The yorubas in all these places migrated from the Oyo Kingdom, yoruba is essentially a Nigerian language as French is a language of France, or Portuguese a language of Portugal. All these languages are spoken elsewhere and thereare people of Portuguese descent in many places, but the Portuguese are essentially from Portugal.

I said all of this from the back of my head, so I really don't understand what you are trying to say. You are either an idiot with no purpose in life or a mentally retarded amoeba, wondering around doing nothing.

You speak of these stats, as if they are the only piece of knowledge in that little thing you call a brain. Negro please back off!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by ebeledi(m): 6:13am On Apr 08, 2007
ha ha ha you are a funny man dblock

thanx for educating me

i like that phrase, "negro please back off"

hey what can i say i give it to ya
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Backslider(m): 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2007
@Topic

I will never ever Try and do that compare Naija to Ghana. My Ghanaian friends know this that you Just can't do this we are just too much.

Ghanaians Were the first to pursue Nigerians from Ghana ( Though it does not Justify us doing the same)

some Ghanaians are not comfortable with Nigerians because of our domineering ability and The worship of success.

If you are rich in Ghana and you are quiet you will not have any problem, though people will want to sing you out.

Some Ghanaians don't like foreigners because they feel they are alien. Some don't even like other tribes.

Ghana Strength Economically is in the hands of The Colonial powers. The people are impoverished here when they have Gold.

there is about 7 million ounces of gold that lives ghana every month multiply that by $200 -$400 you have 140 million to 280million out of this money the government gets just 3 million.

While in Naija it is very different ( at least now) they have just about 2 billion in their foreign reserve we have 42 billion dollars.

While in naija we are spending they are not spending.

They (Ghana) were forgiven of their debt.
We paid our debt

The Kufour Government is very reluctant to fight corruption in government because he is involved in it.

The opposition Journalist is fighting corruption in Ghana and some of them have been slammed with ridiculous libel suite.

We are now having power outages because of bad leadership in Ghana. I think i head them say there will be total darkness about the end of this month.

The Opposition NDC have said that NPP led government have not generated 1 volt of electricity since they came. They are Frustrating any opposition journalist.

On the other hand if you attack the opposition in Ghana you will be rewarded.

The opposition has been completely destroyed from within. The opposition in Ghana has been made to look like angel in my eyes because this NPP Government are not concerned about the people of Ghana.

They promised so many things but have not delivered.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by ebeledi(m): 6:22pm On Apr 08, 2007
so how do you like being in ghana do you have a home there
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 7:13am On Apr 10, 2007
Ghana has picked up now i heard.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Backslider(m): 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2007
@ 9ja4eva

For who sai

The light problem is now worse

I heard some say 2 trouble one God No light No water. (this world bank Guys are making these people suffer)

They will soon take the light off from here. (meaning I will soon go from here because here will be very hot)

Them never sabi shout Up Nepa yet or Up ECG grin

THERE CASE WILL BE WORSE IF THEY DON'T DO SOMETHING NOW ABOUT IT.

THE TECHNOCRAT ARE HAVING A FIELD DAY.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by dblock(m): 12:50am On Apr 11, 2007
DRC, can fix Ghana's power problem. The dam U/C there has enough capacity to supply the whole of europe with power. They ca hook up with Ghana,a dn alls good. It'll be a while befor eit's complete though, and might cost Ghana some dollars (I mean Cedis)
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 2:41am On Apr 11, 2007
Backslider:

@ 9ja4eva

For who sai

I heard some say 2 trouble one God No light No water. (this world bank Guys are making these people suffer)

They will soon take the light off from here. (meaning I will soon go from here because here will be very hot)

Are you for real.I can imagine oh.D jist of Ghana being good is false then.African Countries need to improve
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Backslider(m): 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2007
I am for real I understand and can read write the major local language here TWI.

There is Light off but You have security now. Dont get me wrong the situation is not as Naija.

The Situation Shall Depreciate if nothing is done. Ghana must make available other forms of energy or Go the way of Nigeria.

If Ghana does not Get stable Supply of Energy they will immediately start having Citizens looking for other means to get electricity and the DISTRIBUTION NET WORK AND GENERATION NETWORK will be abandoned. Already people are buying Generators the price of generators have shut up by 70% ! They will soon start buy Fuel in Gallons and soon they will start reselling it.

This will bring rise to queues in the filling stations. When this happens on the Low level Check out what will happen at the High Level! Government official will be involved in this and the will determine the supply chain.

I am on the ground here and when I am talking with Ghanaians they wonder How I have all the info well it is Just I am always interested in Leadership and How it affects followership.

Ghana however have a Chance because the Rawlings Factor is still very Much around. Understand he is from the Minority Ethnic tribe and he is a man that has integrity but people say he stole money. I can say that he is the poorest African head of state. He travels like a common man because the NPP have striped him of his priviledges.

He had so many people that have betrayed him and they are still betraying him. The Governing party use any friction in the NDC (opposition) and they play it out in the press so that they(NDC) become more unpopular. The people around Rawlings have failed him big time because Rawlings did not know LEADERSHIP AS IT IS IN POLITICS.

The press here is not helping matters they are in bed with the NPP and press is silent but speaks out only when the NDC talks or there is a fault with them. There is a lot of spin doctors here and they have credibilty because they have either been to Jail in the military years of Rawlings PNDCL.

Though people are going to Jail but none of the RULING PARTY MEN HAVE EVER BE SENT TO JAIL EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE NO IMMUNITY.

GHANA IS NOT YET LIKE NAIJA BUT IT MAY SOON BE WORSE THAN NAIJA SOON.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by jeshua(m): 2:25pm On Apr 11, 2007
Backslider:

I am for real I understand and can read write the major local language here TWI.

There is Light off but You have security now. Dont get me wrong the situation is not as Naija.

The Situation Shall Depreciate if nothing is done. Ghana must make available other forms of energy or Go the way of Nigeria.

If Ghana does not Get stable Supply of Energy they will immediately start having Citizens looking for other means to get electricity and the DISTRIBUTION NET WORK AND GENERATION NETWORK will be abandoned. Already people are buying Generators the price of generators have shut up by 70% ! They will soon start buy Fuel in Gallons and soon they will start reselling it.

This will bring rise to queues in the filling stations. When this happens on the Low level Check out what will happen at the High Level! Government official will be involved in this and the will determine the supply chain.

I am on the ground here and when I am talking with Ghanaians they wonder How I have all the info well it is Just I am always interested in Leadership and How it affects followership.

Ghana however have a Chance because the Rawlings Factor is still very Much around. Understand he is from the Minority Ethnic tribe and he is a man that has integrity but people say he stole money. I can say that he is the poorest African head of state. He travels like a common man because the NPP have striped him of his priviledges.

He had so many people that have betrayed him and they are still betraying him. The Governing party use any friction in the NDC (opposition) and they play it out in the press so that they(NDC) become more unpopular. The people around Rawlings have failed him big time because Rawlings did not know LEADERSHIP AS IT IS IN POLITICS.

The press here is not helping matters they are in bed with the NPP and press is silent but speaks out only when the NDC talks or there is a fault with them. There is a lot of spin doctors here and they have credibilty because they have either been to Jail in the military years of Rawlings PNDCL.

Though people are going to Jail but none of the RULING PARTY MEN HAVE EVER BE SENT TO JAIL EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE NO IMMUNITY.

GHANA IS NOT YET LIKE NAIJA BUT IT MAY SOON BE WORSE THAN NAIJA SOON.

I dont know who gave you the idea that Nigeria is worse. Maybe if I sen 20 Naira to you, do you know I can make you rich with just twenty naira? If it is the social state of things then go read the History of America and see that it is just like that only better. Go and eat Dokunu, you know I love Ghana food alot-no hard feelings!!!!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by superman(m): 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2007
haha oh well
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 12:45am On Apr 12, 2007
Backslider:

@ 9ja4eva

For who sai

African leaders shld be ashamed of themselves.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by dblock(m): 4:01am On Apr 12, 2007
Except fot the Angolan President (That guy is a miracle worker)
The civil war in Angola ended in 2002, but if you go to Luanda, it looks as if the war ended in 1985 or something.
Angola's economy is skyrocketing, it makes china's growth look insignificant
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 10:30am On Apr 12, 2007
Huh dts good oh.If one person can be outstanding then there is hope.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by UPRISING: 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2007
POINT OF CORRECTION,
NIGERIANS DON'T HAVE ANYTHING LIKE HATRED TO GHANIANS
BUT THEY REALLY DO, ANYTIME U ARE IN THERE MIST THEY WILL
ALWAYS CALL THE NIGERIANS ALL KIND OF NAMES 419. THIEF,
SCANNER, ETC. SOME TIMES I GO TO GHANA CHATROOM. AND THE
MOMENT THEY KNOW U ARE A NIGERIA THEY WILL ALL FACE U TO THE CALL,
BUT MOST OF THEM CAME TO unitednigerian.com chatroom
AND THEY ARE KOOL, NIGERIA HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THEM BUT
THEY REALLY DO. I ONCE WORKED AT THE WASHINGTON NATIONAL
AIRPORT IN D.C AND ALL THE WORKERS THERE ARE GHANIANS
THEY HATE ME SO BAD THAT I ASKED MYSELF IF THIS IS THE SAME
PPL NIGERIANS FEED UNTIL THEY BECOME WHAT THEY ARE TODAY
BESIDE NIGERIA IS STILL FAR BETTER THAN GHANA TODAY DESPITE
THE 419 STUFF, NOT EVERY ONE IN NIGERIA IS 419.
EVERY COUNTRY HAS THERE OWN WA HA LA
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Akwasi(m): 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2007
there rs this latest joke in ghana. hear abt it " a ghanaian n a nigerian went for an interview at a multimillion dollar company in the US. after the screening and all the stuff, it was a direct race between the naija guy and the golden boy(ghanaian). the interviewer then decided to choose the most learned so he asked them to bring their kindergaten cert, they both did, their primary no problem, their middle and secondary no prblem their university no problem, their advanced, no problem. so the interviewer was kinda tired so he asked "Your space certifiacte", the nigerian produced it and the ghanaian was not able to. automatically the nigerian had the job. so after the interview, the ghanaian asked the nigerian "my brother you try ooo. so where in space did you get the space certificate?" the nigerian asked the ghanain "why your country you don get a photocopier?" hahahhahahahaha .Talk about 419
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Akwasi(m): 7:12pm On Jul 12, 2007
backslider is really a "Backslider". i can bet he is a ghanaian and not a nigerian living in ghana as he claims. if he is not i think he would not bring that cheap and dirty politics here. the NDC guys should wake up "RAWLINGS IS PAST AND GONE". and if he think rawlings is poor, he should get himself the video of rawling's birthday party and see money swine. he shouldn't take advantage of free speech and bad mouth the country that feeds him. the energy crises ghana is experiencing now is as a result of lack of forsight after Kwame Nkrumah. so the 40years after the Nkrumah overthrow has been the worst of ghana rawlings had 20 years of that. rawlings had the energy crises in 83,93 and 98 and what did he do?, he just folded his arms and when the rains came and filled the dam he jumed "hurray our problem is over" and like the proverbial vulture went back to sleep. what prez Kuffour is doing right now is to solve the problem once and for all so people like backslider will not have to sleep in the dark. education is expensive, sense is a gift, knowledge is acquired so please acquire some and stop following blindly
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by superman(m): 12:11am On Jul 13, 2007
what does akwasi means?

the nigerians are waitin
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by nedujizzy(m): 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2007
a nigerian journalist visiting ghana for a programme said that he was in a taxi to the venue of the programme and along the way he threw a piece of paper or whatever out of the window,and the driver asked him if he was a nigerian and the journalist was dumbfounded, according to the driver,it was only a nigerian that could do such a thing, can you all imagine that.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 7:16am On Jul 22, 2007
Very funny story.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by jenny2007(f): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ Topic; I HATE GHANAIANS angry angry angry. If you've been to Ghana before - i was there a few wks last year - and have been labeled all sort of rude names becos you are nigerian then i think that you'll understand me. Ghanians are actually the ones that hate Nigerians because they feel threatened by us. There's this kind of overwhelming presence that nigerians carry around with them, and i mean positively overwhelming! Many Nigerians don't even remember that Ghana even exists and i am one of them, definitely cheesy! wink
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 5:49am On Jul 26, 2007
Why d hate thing dey show for African Culture sef?

I am shocked
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by hola2ng(m): 9:54am On Jul 26, 2007
This topic still on ? undecided
Life goes on though.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by sophienwa(f): 2:24am On Jul 30, 2007
i don't think it is hatred as such; i think it is just rivalry in a way u know. we are quite similar though we have our differences and there is this urge 2 be better than the other or @least prove to b better (it usually starts as healthy rivalry and @times it tends to escalate into something else).i think that kind of friction actually exists between england and ireland as well.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by 9ja4eva: 5:55pm On Aug 04, 2007
Yeah righht
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by focused(m): 4:30pm On Oct 24, 2007
[b]Ghananians really hate Nigerians. In order for you to appreciate this, go to Ghana Web and see what they say about Nigerians.

A ghananian said the following about Nigerians in their ghana forum:

He said the only good Nigerian is a dead one. He also said all Nigerians are corrupt. He said Nigerian ladies in Europe and the rest of the world are all prostitutes. He equally said Nigerians are all 419 and great criminals. he also said in Nigeria, from top Government officials to ordinary common people are all thievies, ritualist and nothing works good in their country. He further said that Ghananians should NEVER associate with NIGERIANS and they should be driven out of their country because they are spoiling their country and adulterating their country with 419 and ritualist money. They are completely against the Nigerian banks which is in their country. They would rathee prefer an Osama bin laden bank in their country than a Nigerian bank.

If anything goes wrong in in Ghana, they always blame Nigerians for it.

I really can't believe this hatred until a website link brought me to Ghana web and I was really astonished with all the horrible, unintelligent and nasty comment which is backed by prejudice, which ghananian have said about Nigerians. Well I guess everyone have is entitled to their opinion.[/b]
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by naijadiva2(f): 7:04pm On Oct 24, 2007
focused:

[b]Ghananians really hate Nigerians. In order for you to appreciate this, go to Ghana Web and see what they say about Nigerians.

A ghananian said the following about Nigerians in their ghana forum:

He said the only good Nigerian is a dead one. He also said all Nigerians are corrupt. He said Nigerian ladies in Europe and the rest of the world are all prostitutes. He equally said Nigerians are all 419 and great criminals. he also said in Nigeria, from top Government officials to ordinary common people are all thievies, ritualist and nothing works good in their country. He further said that Ghananians should NEVER associate with NIGERIANS and they should be driven out of their country because they are spoiling their country and adulterating their country with 419 and ritualist money. They are completely against the Nigerian banks which is in their country. They would rathee prefer an Osama bin laden bank in their country than a Nigerian bank.

If anything goes wrong in in Ghana, they always blame Nigerians for it.

I really can't believe this hatred until a website link brought me to Ghana web and I was really astonished with all the horrible, unintelligent and nasty comment which is backed by prejudice, which ghananian have said about Nigerians. Well I guess everyone have is entitled to their opinion.[/b]

can u post the website if you have it?

i could care less about what other africans say about nigeria. they just hatin. even though they say our country is some trash they still be sweating us with our music,movies, language and other things. they just mad cuz their country don't get much if any recognition. every one knows what a nigerian is and can name at lease two of our tribes but the know nothing about other countries. so i just let them hate cuz really they want to be us. true we have problems, but when it comes down to it, we are one of the happiest people. and for them to talk about the nigerian females, they just wish their ladies looked like us.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by folahann(m): 8:34pm On Oct 24, 2007
How i wished i was the author of this thread, anyway if you have seen the thread "wht do you think people outside think of nigeria", the non-nigerians referred to there are Ghanaians.
I will forever be against Ghana in anything Good because of what am experincing here, how could Ghanaians be happy that nigeria did not qualify for the world cup, they supported against nigeria during the nations cup in Egypt and the under-17 in Togo.
Ghana was the sadest country the day Nigeria won the U-17 world cup, they hoped we lose all our matches.    During the time 2Face was attacked check this for what ghanaians had to say  http://www.myjoyonline.com/news/comments.asp?contentid=9269&offset=-1 NB: There are a lot of comments please read all
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by naijadiva2(f): 3:52am On Oct 25, 2007
its not only a ghana thing but a african thing. instead of being happy for us, they want to belittle us and talk down on us. they first thing they think of is 419 and the 419 is getting old. anyone that falls for it are greedy. by now you should distingish the difference between real and fake especially americans that specialize in fancy gadgets to crack down on scam and they still can't figure out which is 419.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by naijadiva2(f): 4:48am On Oct 25, 2007
folahann:

How i wished i was the author of this thread, anyway if you have seen the thread "wht do you think people outside think of nigeria", the non-nigerians referred to there are Ghanaians.
I will forever be against Ghana in anything Good because of what am experincing here, how could Ghanaians be happy that nigeria did not qualify for the world cup, they supported against nigeria during the nations cup in Egypt and the under-17 in Togo.
Ghana was the sadest country the day Nigeria won the Under-17 world cup, they hoped we lose all our matches. During the time 2Face was attacked check this for what ghanaians had to say http://www.myjoyonline.com/news/comments.asp?contentid=9269&offset=-1 NB: There are a lot of comments please read all

i read some of the quotes on the website and the things they were saying was stupid. they were talking about the 2face incident in london and they are blaming us. he wasn't shot in nigeria. they were saying that we dont care about him and that he needs to leave nigeria and come to a ghana, a peaceful country. well who cares, they ones bringing one down are the very ones already down.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

An Extremely Dilapidated Truck Moving On A Road In Berger, Lagos / Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) / COVID-19: MC Oluomo Issues Warning To Transport Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.