Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? (40498 Views)

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / Ten Differences Between Ghana And Nigeria / Nigeria Should Follow Ghana's And Brazil's Path. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by focused(m): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2007
Folahann and Naija diva :

Well I read your link, but it is not as worst as the comment in Ghana web.

honestly, Ghananians have a satanic hatred for Nigerians. Hitler will not even hate Nigerians the way Ghananians hate Nigerians.

I cannot believe tha hate,
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by admin2008(m): 4:06am On Apr 20, 2008
Who/What/Where is Ghana? A bunch of jealous nuisance, they are only jealous because they don't have the recognition that Nigeria has.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by ckz: 10:58am On May 13, 2008
what type of nonsense is this topic ghanians dont hate nigirians because you hear a small group saying something does not mean that all of us ghanians hate nigirians there are also nigirians that hate ghanians but you cant say every nigirian hate ghanians
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by amsky(m): 5:16pm On May 13, 2008
I know that 85% of Ghanaians hate Nigerians.I have seen it myself, in different forms.One has actually said ' you know i do not like your country people''. THey are simply jealous. They always say we show off alot, are a loud lot at alot of other rubbish.
No one can convince me otherwise.Alot of Ghanaians dislike nigerians for no just cause. Most are probably jealous.

My 2 cents.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by ckz: 9:18am On May 14, 2008
hahahhahah  wooow soo you know 85% of ghanians? woow am a ghanian and i dont even know 5 percent of all ghanians. or is it just a small group you have talked to.
And do you know what the word hate means when you hate somebody you are even ready to kill that person and i don't think 85% of all ghanians are ready to do that.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by amsky(m): 7:53am On May 17, 2008
If you do not know 5% og ghanaians then my dear, too bad. I have come in contact with lots o' them. Some even say it to my face!!! No one can tell me otherwise. I have seen graffitti on the wall saying terrible things against Nigerians. There is a particular newpaper that never has anything good to say about nigeria and nigerians.I'll tell you when i remember the name.
Go to ghana web and see things for your self. I'm so sorry but that is the plain stark truth. It is unexplained hatred and maybe envy. i lived in accra as i have done in other countries and i know what i am saying typing. Someone made a comment that if nigerians decide to leave ghana with all their establichments-banks offices etc. that the economy will massively suffer, that day, it was His grace that i got home in one piece. I was not the one who said it o!! neither was i there when it was said. Almost everyone in that office became cold and unfriendly. It was the CEO who is a ghanaian that said it, but the establishment is owned by a nigerian. That day i fear my head well well. I started hearing unfriendly remarks. Till the day i had to join my husband where he is now, i did ot have peace.
So my brother,i do not have any thing against the people of ghana,but i know alot of them have things against nigerians. Even the nanny i employed for my baby was making silly comments. i fired her as soon as i got wind of it. And to think this was someone i hired to take care of my baby? I had a good relationship with the driver, mr.kwame addo. I still call him from here,we remain good friends. for the nigerian high commisioner to speak of it on air, then it's not an illusion,it is real.

Once again,my 2 cents. Have a gr8 wkend you all kiss kiss kiss
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by ckz: 9:00am On May 20, 2008
ba still you cant say that you know 85% of ghanians it is like if i say because i have lived amongst nigirians from my birth soo i know 85% of all nigirians
fine i agree with the fact that there are many ghanians that make those type of remarks ba most of the nigirians i know do the same thing an i think it is all wrong if a nigirian or a ghanian does it, it is all wrong for christ sake we are all africans and that is one of the reasons africa is getting no where eather we are fighting ourselves or it is country fighting country it is all shit.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by cescky(m): 2:27pm On May 23, 2008
admin2008:

Who/What/Where is Ghana? A bunch of jealous nuisance, they are only jealous because they don't have the recognition that Nigeria has.

buffon like u stop xposing ur stupidity on cyber space,what is naija recognised for ?? am askin you and all you ghana haters,wont even answer the question for you go and read your book,ilitrate

@others
typical naija attitude follow follow, fela has best discribed u we people "beasts oh no nation " i go come enlignten una for here,jst give me sometime

@poster
ur mind is biased nothing can be deducted from ur so called research.

for all y'all am a nigerian
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by superman(m): 10:53am On May 24, 2008
amsky!
and
yes u got they bleeding truth right there. monkie no go understand till you ve been there and speak for urself

my 1 naira!! shikina ha
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by ckz: 7:17pm On May 26, 2008
buffon like u stop xposing your stupidity on cyber space,what is naija recognised for ?? am askin you and all you ghana haters,wont even answer the question for you go and read your book,ilitrate[quote][/quote]

what is nigiria recognised For?? let me answer you just yesterday i was looking at drpil and what was he telling people to beware of nigirians. Why?? because there where some nigirian people that had duped some white girls and he was saying that people should beware of nigirians and do you know how many people watch drphil so people that dont know any nigirian will think this is treu and also when i hear people talk aba nigirians what do they say that they all do 419 i and there was also a documentary here on dutch tv saying how people should becarefull goin to nigiria expecialy when you a american or from london cuz they will kidnapp you and ask for money and i know this is not everywhere in nigiria ba this is what people think not all expecially if you know nigirians ba if if you dont you will believe this shit
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by londoner: 4:40pm On May 27, 2008
I watched the Dr phil show too, to be honest I grew up watching US talk shows and they have no shortage of stories where women are conned by American men. The thing about TV is that it distorts reality, it doesn't give a balanced view at all. Did you not notice that tjhe white dentist was also willing to involve himself in criminality?
Yet they didn't even mention his own unsavoury character traits.

Dr Phil and  could have as well made a show about the 21,000 Nigerian doctors in the US, or the ones who are pioneering medical breakthroughs in the top hospitals in the US. The focus went elsewhere, to the negative, simple.

Even our neighbours would rather focus on 419, than peacekeeping efforts of Nigeria , monetary contributions to the continent or the progresses of the banking sector, even when its evident in their own country. Its more about perspective, people choose the perspective which makes them feel what they believe is right. Someone who dislikes Nigerians will always have an open ear where the negatives are concerned.

Nigerians are also known for being intelligent, bold, enterprising, welcoming, passionate, full of self confidence.
If as much attention was given to people like Ngozi Iweala, or Wale Soyinka, instead of faceless criminals,  we wouldn't be having this discussion, and its not because they don't exist.

So, CKZ  you ask us what we are known for, I will ask you, where are your own Ngozi Iweala's, Wale Soyinka's, Phillip Eweagwali's ?

There, you see, its all about the perspective, we can all play that game.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by ckz: 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2008
fine i understand that is why iam trying to say that the general view that people most of the time have of nigirians is bad but until you live amongst nigirans or what ever land or nation in this world you will never know how they are and you wil believe what the critics and the media says abouth that country.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by TPS360: 4:59am On Aug 12, 2008
This is still nairaland right>?
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by funmise(f): 2:27am On Aug 14, 2008
i guess so undecided, i dnt think ghana has taken ovr nairaland, lol lipsrsealed grin
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 6:19am On Aug 14, 2008
@Topic,i have lots of ghana friends.been to ghana ,didnt notice they dislike Nigeria peeps.If there is anything,them lladies would do anything to date a Nigeria guy.i honestly never felt the hate,till date,am cool with them
@ckz atisea?  cheesy
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Sammy107d(m): 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2008
y'all might want 2 chek out ghanaweb. omg!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by akutam: 10:35am On Jan 20, 2009
o
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by londoner: 8:11pm On Jan 20, 2009
Typical bitching Ghanaian, go and find a backbone. While you are talking about intelligence, Nigerians are making progress in your own banking and telecoms industry. The difference between Ghanaians and Nigerians are that one suffers from inferiority complex and feels that merely talking is doing.

Omo, you know where the door is, you are the weakest link GOODBYE!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by akutam: 2:48pm On Jan 23, 2009
f
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Sammy107d(m): 6:18am On Jan 24, 2009
Private entrepreneurs stole oil money. cool
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by londoner: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2009
Akatum, for a second, use your brain. Since when has the banking industry been set up through "stolen" oil money.

Secondly, I have lived around the Ghanaian community for years and also have worked within the legal field. You have no shortage of criminals and immoral people in your midst, the difference is that you merely keep it hush.

Your outgoing president, is he not accused by his own people of being involved in drug smuggling? Is he and his party not linked closely with other drug barons ? Is he not also accused of imbezzling money from your country?

Deny it then? then I can now post the evidence here from your own Ghanaian media.

You may be banking on the fact that the average Nigerian is unaware of some of the unsavoury things happening in Ghana, but I am not one of them. You may need to check your own Ghanaweb, the stories are there freely.

Nigerian banks, insurance and telecoms companies in Ghana are a testamant to the Nigerian entreprenuerial spirit. They have nothing to do with oil money or armed robbery and you know it, but your own sense of inferiority stops you from addressing why your own people are unable to do the same thing even with your relatively stable economy, political climate and electricity.

The truth is, what a Nigerian can achieve with just candlelight, the average Ghanaian cant achieve with 24 hours electricity , reason being, you lack guts ambition and sheer tenacity to succeed. thats what is biting you about Nigerians.

Keep talking, we will continue to go from strength to strength even on your own soil. Yes there are some things we need to change and learn from you, but the facts are the facts.

Your horse has been at the water, but you refuse to drink, so,we are drinking and you resent it.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by martho(m): 6:09pm On Jan 24, 2009
Is a shame cos it will  be like this 4ver,anyway i think its inferior complex.they even made d black americans 2 hate us;there's competition b/w naija and b/A. d americans have dis mix feelings of respect  and desregard towards us .we have 2 be careful with d ghananians cos they r very dangerous.they do a lot of shits and  do things quietly,while naija r 2 loud.they always stabbed us at our back and d world labelled us as the evil ones.i used 2 protect them until 2 years ago,i washed may hands off them.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by SeanT21(f): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2009
It has been known that many countries in africa hate nigerians!!

I guess Nigerians need to look at themselves!!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Treetop20(m): 7:37pm On Jan 25, 2009
SeanT21:

It has been known that many countries in africa hate nigerians!!

I guess Nigerians need to look at themselves!!
oh shut your gob up!
if you haven't got anything smart to say then keep mute
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by SeanT21(f): 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2009
Treetop20:

oh shut your gob up!
if you haven't got anything smart to say then keep mute

The truth hurts.

Wipe their tears from your eyes
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by londoner: 3:03am On Jan 26, 2009
No wonder they "hate" Nigerians, lol.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=751182
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by follypimpi(m): 3:11am On Jan 26, 2009
They all hate on we 9ijers yet here in Uk every and i mean EVERY lady's from every other country in africa that i have come acrossed,even the so called
somlians always want to hop on 9ija mens manliness without a doubt.
They call as 419ers yet enuff ghana girls always wanna be with 9ija dude cos we the Money people,either by fraud or no fraud we gat paid.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by follypimpi(m): 3:16am On Jan 26, 2009
Nigerians r just one of a kind, we every where and always leave our thread marks,i have been with 6 ghanian girls and likewise my mates,they always want a bit of da Nigerian meat.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by akutam: 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2009
o
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by akutam: 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2009
i
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by londoner: 5:21pm On Jan 27, 2009
Akatum, you are a product of the Ghanaian education system? anyhoo, I wont even go there.

You say you are not "foolish enough" to set up banks in Nigeria, you are foolish not to have.

You let your xenophobia affect your pocket. Please, before you call us thieves, you need to read up on the reports daily of your own ex president and how much they are reported to have stolen. They are still owing people for the independence celebrations, and the cars they reportedly "bought" have gone missing, please get the log out of your own eye before trying to help us with ours.

We know our faults, but you are not fooling anyone by denying the very accusations against your own people, even this very day.

Go on, deny it.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by londoner: 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2009
Akatum, it's about time you had a little dose of reality.

You say you love Liberians? Ok, here is an article written just last year, by a Liberian refugee in Ghana, about what some have faced there. There are also replies from others to the article on the right side of it.

http://newliberian.com/?p=332

Make sure you read it. It talks of the murder, rape, discriminations and ritualistic killings of Liberians in Ghana, by Ghanaians.

I know there are many good things in Ghana, but much of what you accuse Nigerians of are going on in your own country, by your own people, as you speak.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? / Man’s Parked Jeep Wrangler Smashed By A Tree Being Cut In ikoyi, Lagos / COVID-19: MC Oluomo Issues Warning To Transport Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.