Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? (2072 Views)

Poll: Ekiti State - Fountain of Confusion! Did you Agree?

Yes! It is True!: 50% (6 votes)
No! It's never so!: 16% (2 votes)
I do'nt care whatever the case!: 33% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! / Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by detruth: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2008
I will like to direct the attention of the good Nairalanders to the state of confusion called Ekiti State.
Since I knew this state (or rather since it was created), there has being no meaningful development. I can say the state is one of the least developed state in Nigeria with only one or two major street.
All the so called knowledge cannot the seen anywhere around them. They claimed to be one of the state with most educated elites (which is true to a point) but that never connote they possess the fountain of knowledge. The state of Ekiti State is pathetic!
It is always one political problem or the other. What a fountain indeed!

I was in Nigeria (Ekiti State) during the past election, I can categorically say that none of the elected individuals as claimed (either AC or PDP) came to power through free and fair electoral process. Is it of the (former gov) Adebayo (AC) sharing money and mobilizing hoodlums against non party candidates in Iyin Ekiti or of a palace in the northern part of the state were both the king and the security chiefs were busy "thumbprinting" for a renown PDP candidate (now a senator)? What I saw that day showed me that all the parties were corrupt hence I refuse to give any my vote. The truth clearly showed that the result of the election was only the survival of the fittest in the world of massive election irregularities! Let no one confuse us that he was cheated, it was the electorates that were truly cheated on every sides.

Now, the latest is the issue of the legislators "sacking" all the Governor's cabinet alongside with the council heads!
Is there no better way of settling their grievances except through chaos and barbaric way. To which development level will this take the state if they continue like this? This must never be allowed to continue this way. It is clearly written on the walls that they are all after money. I think it is high time true Nigerians and her lovers come out and put a stop at the selfish tussle in the name of democracy.

Ekiti lawmakers sack 12 commissioners, 16 LG chairmen

VICTOR OGUNJE, Ado Ekiti

• They’re wasting time —Gov Oni

advertisement

The Ekiti State House of Assembly yesterday in an unanimous decision, sacked all the 12 commissioners in the cabinet of Governor Segun Oni, over alleged financial profligacy. Also sacked were the caretaker chairmen in the 16 local government areas of the state, also on the same offence

The assembly was apparently miffed over the inability of the commissioners and the caretaker chairmen to render the account of their stewardship to the assembly as stipulated by law.

But the State Information Commissioner, Mr Odunayo Ategbero, who reacted to the position of the assembly members, maintained that power to hire and fire commissioner’s lies with the governor and not with any other person, saying the step was rather incongruous going by the law of the land.

He said that if the purpose of recommending their sack was because the commissioners had not render account of their stewardship to the house, the commissioners can not be blamed.

According to him, for any commissioner to brief the assembly on the affairs of his ministry, he has to be invited formally adding that there was never a time the commissioners were invited by the assembly to render their stewardship as claimed by the assembly.

Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) in the State, Bola Olu-Ojo in his reaction had said, it is amounted to legislative rascality for the lawmakers to have sacked the commissioners without recourse to constitution provision.

But the chairman, House Committee on the Information Committee, Chief Adebayo Morakinyo, who addressed newsmen on the resolution of the House said there was no going back on the dissolution of the councils and the sack of the commissioners who have not live up to the expectation of the state lawmakers.

He said the "sins" of the councils caretaker committees, he said include that fact that they have stayed too long in office against the provisions of the state Local Government Law which provides for only six months tenure.

The caretaker committees chairmen who were sworn in June last year have been in office for 16 months against the provision of the law, Besides, he accused the council caretaker committees of misappropriating funds accruing to the councils’ adding that almost all of the caretaker committees performed below expectation.

Adebayo who headed the ad-hoc committee that probed the accounts of the 16 councils, said the decision to dissolve the councils was made after the ad-hoc committee submitted its report which indicted the council helmsmen in the state.

However, the assembly had directed all the caretaker committees to handover to their director of administration with immediate effect saying any caretaker committee member found guilty of mis-appropriating fund would be prosecuted or handed over to the anti-graft agency for prosecution. The assembly directed that the accounts of the 16 councils be frozen with immediate effect while the house would continue with investigations into the spending of the caretaker committee.

On the issue of the commissioners, Adebayo noted that section 98 paragraph A of the standing rules of the assembly provides that each commissioner should render account of his stewardship after each year saying none of the commissioners has fulfilled this provision.

Adebayo alleged that one of the commissioners spent N2.5 million to place advertisements in the media against the lawmakers saying the commissioners have no business to continue to be part of the administration of the state. According to the lawmaker, some of the commissioners, had no regard for the lawmakers as all they were out is to set the executive against the legislature .Some of them were behind the suit instituted by one Toyin Ogunmuyite seeking to declare the seats of the lawmakers vacant on the allegation that they did not meet the mandatory 181 sittings provided in the constitution," he said.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/11/801.html

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/11/222.html
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by KarmaMod(f): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2008
where should I start with you?
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by detruth: 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2008
you are free to make your choice! is the truth too bitter?
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by Godalone(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2008
Ekiti State has a lot of problems.
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by ssRhino: 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2008
Nigeria as a whole has too much problems
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by QuotaSyste(m): 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2008
Where is DeepZone the Orolo girl? Is this not your state? So you and your people are this backward and you come here dey make mouf? Sorry, na yoke i dey yoke oo. grin grin
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by bawomolo(m): 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2008
this is the state that gave nigeria folks like karmamod, morenike. drama is in their blood grin grin. enters witness protection program

QuotaSyste:

Where is DeepZone the Orolo girl? Is this not your state? So you and your people are this backward and you come here dey make mouth? Sorry, na yoke i dey yoke oo. grin grin

deepzone na ilesha girl oo
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by ssRhino: 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2008
bawomolo:

this is the state that gave nigeria folks like karmamod, morenike. drama is in their blood grin grin. enters witness protection program

deepzone na ilesha girl oo

deepzone na woman?
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by dreeldee: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2008
$$Rhino:

Nigeria as a whole has too much problems

i wonder why the poster would single out Ekiti when other states are worst angry angry
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by Richguys: 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2008
Na 2 much book dey worry dem
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by dreeldee: 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2008
$$Rhino:

deepzone na woman?

hermaphrodite cheesy cheesy jk yeah Funmi is unisex grin
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by KarmaMod(f): 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2008
Funmi is from Osun so please dont start any madness here

dreeldee:

i wonder why the poster would single out Ekiti when other states are worst angry angry

cos he's a loon that got denied the annual Ekiti scholarship.
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by ssRhino: 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2008
KarmaMod:

Funmi is from Osun so please don't start any madness here

because he's a loon that got denied the annual Ekiti scholarship.
haba, take am easy with the pal oh, although, he has some point, but i think the whole of Nija is just a land of madness, and we need change so drastically bad.
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by bilymuse: 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2008
they are suffering from over education, when every family in Ekiti can boast of a professor its a recipe for confusion.
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by ssRhino: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2008
bilymuse:

they are suffering from over education, when every family in Ekiti can boast of a professor its a recipe for confusion.
that is a good one, i guess u mean na over sabi.
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by KarmaMod(f): 12:00am On Sep 13, 2008
what's good about it?
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by detruth: 7:20am On Sep 13, 2008
dreeldee:

Without any ulterior motive, my work took me round the State and others. This was how I became conversant with Ekiti! Other states may have similar problem, but I personally believe Ekiti stands out to be the worst in protracted crisis. With all their education, tell me one industry in Ekiti state? None! The only paper factory industry got closed down soon after the state creation. It's either impeachment today, or state of emergency tomorrow. If the case is not the missing mace of the house of assembly, it will be house boycott of legislator for about 3 months. There is no single week one newspaper will not report about one political crisis or another in the state. This has reduced her development to zero. I strongly believe those in Ondo state will thank their God for rescuing them from their troubles.

@KarmaMod
You sounds like a real and proper Ekiti girl. This can be deduces from your quotes grin They love to hide behind a finger!
Your first reation at the beginning of the post:
KarmaMod:

where should I start with you?

Your reply to dreeldee's question:
KarmaMod:

because he's a loon that got denied the annual Ekiti scholarship.

Your answer to $$Rhino's opinion:
KarmaMod:

what's good about it?

Well for your information my NYSC certificate carries 1994/95, even before Ekiti state was created by Abacha in 1996.
Which part of Ekiti are you from? Is it Ipoti ekiti, Ipere ekiti, Ilogbo ekiti or Ayisegba ekiti? I guess it must be Ilejemeje ekiti. grin
They are still all bush "Ekiti kete" grin
To be candid, you people better start doing something about this situation, you may not know that those guys are playing with your future!
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by Morenike3(f): 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2008
bawomolo:

No comment!

@post
Every state in Nigeria has it's good, bad, and ugly.
Unfortunately, my state has to be included in Nigeria's rubbish.
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by RibaduFan(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2008
@poster

How can u know if a state is in confusion or not, when ur own grammar is in confusion.

Did u agree? - jo now simple English u cannot spake.

My state is less than 15 years old, it is on its way to development. The path may not be smooth, but it would get there.

The only rxn why u hear so much noise about the state is becos of the level of intellect in the state.

By the way what state re u from, Otondo?
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by KarmaMod(f): 1:00am On Sep 14, 2008
They love to hide behind a finger!

what does this mean

yemmyse:

How can u know if a state is in confusion or not, when your own grammar is in confusion

I thought I was the only one who noticed grin
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by davidif: 5:38am On Sep 15, 2008
o ma se o, see what has happened to my state. Chei.
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by detruth: 9:03am On Sep 15, 2008
I will like to categorically state that I never meant to use this post to bring down any state. My main objective is to point out the fact that Ekiti has more potentials than what the people therein are enjoying today. We cannot talk about Nigeria without zeroing it down to those states therein. As a stakeholder, I earnestly seek for a positive change in Ekiti. If there are no change in the states, what then did you expect of the nation?
Ekiti state has impacted the nation one way or the other (especially in educational sector), but did little or nothing to herself. Only what progresses gets to a target but I wonder where Ekiti is moving to with all these problems. A change is highly required rather than being sentimental or emotionally disturbed. The whole thing sounds like a white sepulcher to me.

@yemmyse and co
A very good example of "over sabi" in display! What a confused set of people? It would have being better for you to use your "English engineering" knowledge to build the state and create at least one industry. With "seeds" like you still carrying same spirit around, I pity your future.  

In addition, "yemmyse" sounds like a simpleton for that name-calling! We are talking of dynamic change, he's talking of grammar. What a  pity! I expected you to bring out something better in your own constructions, but to my surprise you sounds awful! Proper Ekiti boy!  cry
Maybe I need to tell you this "Little friend"; this little I have is enough. I will never need anymore. Nevertheless, you may always need it, at least when seeking for employment or better job. Poor mind!
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by 1luvkipsus: 9:43am On Sep 15, 2008
Fountain of Diabolism.
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by RibaduFan(m): 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2008
@detruth

Simpleton or no simpleton, at least I don't bastardise the english language on a public forum.

Am still very much interested in knowing your state and knowing how much u ve helped in the development of that state.

'Simpleton', 'poor mind', 'Proper Ekiti boy', at least i don't use constructions like 'dynamic change'. Abeg read your sentences before posting or better still u could ask a primary school pupil to vet them.

Otondo
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by busybody20: 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ poster,

beefsssssssss, tongue
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by RibaduFan(m): 7:29pm On Sep 15, 2008
@topic
I will like to direct the attention of the good Nairalanders to the state of confusion called Ekiti State.
Since I knew this state (or rather since it was created), there has being no meaningful development. I can say the state is one of the least developed state in Nigeria with only one or two major street.
All the so called knowledge cannot the seen anywhere around them. They claimed to be one of the state with most educated elites (which is true to a point) but that never connote they possess the fountain of knowledge. The state of Ekiti State is pathetic!
It is always one political problem or the other. What a fountain indeed![quote][/quote]

Bigotry at its very best.
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by RibaduFan(m): 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2008
but to my surprise you sounds awful! Proper Ekiti boy! [quote][/quote]

You sounds awful[b][/b] - egbon havent u heard of concord, noun verb arrangement.
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by RibaduFan(m): 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2008
I will like to categorically state that I never meant to use this post to bring down any state. My main objective is to point out the fact that Ekiti has more potentials than what the people therein are enjoying today. We cannot talk about Nigeria without zeroing it down to those states therein. As a stakeholder, I earnestly seek for a positive change in Ekiti. If there are no change in the states, what then did you expect of the nation?
Ekiti state has impacted the nation one way or the other (especially in educational sector), but did little or nothing to herself. Only what progresses gets to a target but I wonder where Ekiti is moving to with all these problems. A change is highly required rather than being sentimental or emotionally disturbed. The whole thing sounds like a white sepulcher to me.

@yemmyse and co
A very good example of "over sabi" in display! What a confused set of people? It would have being better for you to use your "English engineering" knowledge to build the state and create at least one industry. With "seeds" like you still carrying same spirit around, I pity your future. 

In addition, "yemmyse" sounds like a simpleton for that name-calling! We are talking of dynamic change, he's talking of grammar. What a  pity! I expected you to bring out something better in your own constructions, but to my surprise you sounds awful! Proper Ekiti boy! 
Maybe I need to tell you this "Little friend"; this little I have is enough. I will never need anymore. Nevertheless, you may always need it, at least when seeking for employment or better job. Poor mind!

For a graduate of 1995 - simply pathetic

Pls learn not to get an Ekiti man pissed.
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by littlekim(f): 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2008
Kai Wahala

This is too much. I fear this yemmyse o.

Abeg i apologise for all the yabis wey I don yab u before. No vex

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by RibaduFan(m): 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2008
Detruth

Still expecting a response from you.
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by busybody20: 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2008
@ detruth,

Na ur own state be the Fountain of Confusion! no be mine! Ekiti people r intelligent people just in case u dont know,

@ yemmyse

Egbon mi. I dey gbadun u jare. U b Professor of English?
Re: Ekiti State - Fountain Of Confusion! Did You Agree? by Tonim(f): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2008
All these jealous people. Always quick to point out little flaws in trying to undermine other people's
accomplishments. shio

God bless Ekiti - Fountain of Knowledge

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Leaders Plot Secret Coup Against Jonathan / Army Declares Chinenye Anyim Nyerere Wanted / The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.