Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,100 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem (2077 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons / Awo Lecture: Why North Is A Problem To National Unity – Eminent Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Canisma(m): 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
Following from the recent warnings by
prominent Northerners, especially Sheikh
Ahamd Abubakar Gumi, of the alleged Igbo
domination of the Nigerian Army, the
Northern Senators Forum met at the
weekend, to deliberate on the issue.

Am wondering why they are meeting just in respect of d army. I think they should sit to find out why the most decorated Nigerian player is Kanu Nwankwo, then sit to find out why the only Nigerian 2times africa footballer of the year is Kanu. Find out why out of the 4 nigerian winners of the award 2 are Igbos. Then meet again to find out y only 3 Nigerians have won d prestigious UEFA champions league, and 2 of them are Igbo, KANU and MIKEL OBI, the third is Finidi george. Y is there no Northerner there. Then they should sit again to find out why the only Nigerian club to have won the CAF champions league is ENYIMBA of Aba,an Igbo team, the peoples elephant won it a second time proving the first wasn't a fluke. The Northern forum should sit to find out why The only Nigerian to have won the Women's African footballer of the year a record 4 times is PERPECTUA IJEOMA NWOCHA, an Igbo lady.

The Northern Senators should as well meet over the present Super eagles currently in the Semi Finals of the Nations Cup. 11 out of the 23 players in South Africa are from the Igbo extraction. They should also set up an inquiry to find out why the goal scored in match between Ivory Coast and Nigeria were scored by Igbos.

Born to rule mentality is so dangerous. Nigeria is indeed a conquered territory of Usman Dan Fodio.

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Ikengawo: 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
School entrance exams northerners with lower scores get into schools quicker than higher scoring igbos. Northerners would rather this nation fail in their hands than allow merit to be the law of the country.

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by demmy(m): 5:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
I thought Yorubas are Nigeria's problem?

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by zanga420: 1:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
demmy: I thought Yorubas are Nigeria's problem?
yes they are 'cos they're abating evil n being the link prolonging this evil mentality from these northerners

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by alkadriyar(m): 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
@OP, oni ise o. u no get work at all.
From ur post, it shows dat SE is d root of nigeria problems. SE is full of sentiments even among urselves in d SE region there is no unity and cooperation, and dats Y u cannot rule dis country. Even if d biafra republic eventually comes to real, it cannot last i bet it. Ur useless Rochas has displayed dis by rushing to attend APC meeting without the concent of his party. Thats to show how desperate and hungry he is. And desperate people dont perform. Because "the empty barrel makes d most sound". Do u knw hwmany senate presedents from SE where impeached between 1999 nd 2003?

Go sleep.

2 Likes

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Ikengawo: 8:52am On Feb 20, 2013
alkadriyar: @OP, oni ise o. u no get work at all.
From ur post, it shows dat SE is d root of nigeria problems. SE is full of sentiments even among urselves in d SE region there is no unity and cooperation, and dats Y u cannot rule dis country. Even if d biafra republic eventually comes to real, it cannot last i bet it. Ur useless Rochas has displayed dis by rushing to attend APC meeting without the concent of his party. Thats to show how despirate and hungry he is. And despirate people dont perform. Because "the empty barrel makes d most sound". Do u knw hwmany senate presedents from SE where impeached between 1999 nd 2003?

Go sleep.

Eko o ni baje
Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by BlackBaron: 10:42am On Feb 20, 2013
Does not augur well when people resort to chest beating and toe the superiority line.

The state of Nigeria is collectively everyone's problem. The sooner you learn that the better.

2 Likes

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 20, 2013
[size=13pt]The Igbos he mentioned are extreme talents who brought honor and prestige to the nation. Or has he forgotten the last time Nigeria won AFCON? Maybe he doesn't like the patriotism and euphoria our Eagles have restored.

The fact that some people are still discussing tribal proportions rather than earning places and positions based on merit is appalling. The guy is foolish anyway. UEFA send for tribal extraction? Lol.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by eggheaders(m): 10:48am On Feb 20, 2013
this mindset of the Op and his Co travellers are the problem of Nigeria. shallow mind simpletons are the reasons I don't really see human sacrifice as a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by LeOstrich: 11:07am On Feb 20, 2013
In my opinion it isn't the north but the northern elites. As for the SW their hate permeates every strata or class. The level of tribalism and an unhealthy level of overdose of xenophobia can be seen by our so called southern Brothers from the west.

Nigeria would have been a far better place if Lagos was never conceived as a federal capital.

5 Likes

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Olugbenger(m): 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
unity is the cause rather!

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mikel was raised in the north, some of those the OP called heroes of igbo were raised in SW especialy Lagos!
Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
Canisma: Following from the recent warnings by
prominent Northerners, especially Sheikh
Ahamd Abubakar Gumi, of the alleged Igbo
domination of the Nigerian Army, the
Northern Senators Forum met at the
weekend, to deliberate on the issue.

Am wondering why they are meeting just in respect of d army. I think they should sit to find out why the most decorated Nigerian player is Kanu Nwankwo, then sit to find out why the only Nigerian 2times africa footballer of the year is Kanu. Find out why out of the 4 nigerian winners of the award 2 are Igbos. Then meet again to find out y only 3 Nigerians have won d prestigious UEFA champions league, and 2 of them are Igbo, KANU and MIKEL OBI, the third is Finidi george. Y is there no Northerner there. Then they should sit again to find out why the only Nigerian club to have won the CAF champions league is ENYIMBA of Aba,an Igbo team, the peoples elephant won it a second time proving the first wasn't a fluke. The Northern forum should sit to find out why The only Nigerian to have won the Women's African footballer of the year a record 4 times is PERPECTUA IJEOMA NWOCHA, an Igbo lady.

The Northern Senators should as well meet over the present Super eagles currently in the Semi Finals of the Nations Cup. 11 out of the 23 players in South Africa are from the Igbo extraction. They should also set up an inquiry to find out why the goal scored in match between Ivory Coast and Nigeria were scored by Igbos.

Born to rule mentality is so dangerous. Nigeria is indeed a conquered territory of Usman Dan Fodio.

The North and (South)Eastern Nigeria are the problem in Nigeria! Both of them are as intolerant as they come. Both sides intolerance can be traced to indoctrinations by acquired foreign religions. One side kills with impunity, the other side goads him all the time with claims of superiority and being better and is always quick to label his counterpart as inferior.

Before I go on, lets use the post above as an example......

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Dede1(m): 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
An ill-informed Nigerian would ordinarily think northern region of Nigeria is the country’s ultimate problem as the original poster had captioned. I shall posit that British colonial masters and moronic southerners emboldened the northerners to be problematic. It is unfortunate most Nigerians have not learnt a lesson from history.

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Dede1(m): 9:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
kingoflag:

The North and (South)Eastern Nigeria are the problem in Nigeria! Both of them are as intolerant as they come. Both sides intolerance could be traced to indoctrinations by acquired foreign religions. One side kills with impunity, the other side goads him all the time with claims of superiority and being better and is always quick to label his counterpart as inferior.

Before I go on, lets use you post above as an example......

Kingofool,

Do you have a reasoning faculty? The last time I checked though, southwestern Nigeria is religiously indoctrinated by the foreign religions you insinuated in your post.

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by scarred: 9:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
Let us not in haste, seek solutions that do nothing to address our underlining issues. Blaming the North for our collective malady is an oversimplification of very complex issues.
Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
Dede1:

Kingofool,

Do you have a reasoning faculty? The last time I checked though, southwestern Nigeria is religiously indoctrinated by the foreign religions you insinuated in your post.

Dummy, after ignoring you all those times, I knew youd rear your bald, misshapen head here. You really think I didnt notice that u were the ONLY person viewing this topic? Lemme tell you a lil game I played with you. I didnt leave the page (and actually got back to my work) knowing fully well that you wouldnt post until I exited the page. So, I remained logged on and went about my business making sure I wasted your time because I knew that youd be glued to your computer screen waiting till I left before posting a reply. While Youre infinitely fo.olish, even I know that it wouldnt take you 10billion minutes to type up 6 words of what must've bitten deep in your heart. And did you disappoint? Nope!

Mo.ron, I could care less if SW Nigeria is also "indoctrinated".... Actually, now I do care as it proves my point on how idiotic you are.

1. Do people live in peace in the South West regardless of their religion, race, tribe or language?

2. Are Igbos being hunted down like game in the South West whenever the Yorubas get bored of seeing Igbo faces and listening to their never ending boasts and claims of superiority?

The main problem is that people like you are just ill-mannered and badly bought up, thus, you have no respect for others and do not know how to be civil. Like an animal, look at how you responded to my facts with emotion and sentiments instead of rebutting with facts of your own and explaining why you felt I was wrong.

P.S: I was gonna bring up the fact that Eastern Nigerians are always quick to (verbally) attack the Western Nigerians even though their biggest antagonists are those from the North. I wrote it, then deleted it, because I knew how donkeys like yourself would be quick to portray and misconstrue it. But, what did you do? You still went ahead, took the words out my mouth, and proved me right anyways.

Youre such a loser it aint even no longer funny.

6 Likes

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Dede1(m): 10:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
kingoflag:

Dummy, after ignoring you all those times, I knew youd rear your bald, misshapen head here. You really think I didnt notice that u were the ONLY person viewing this topic? Lemme tell you a lil game I played with you. I didnt leave the page (and actually got back to my work) knowing fully well that you wouldnt post until I exited the page. So, I remained logged on and went about my business making sure I wasted your time because I knew that youd be glued to your computer screen waiting till I left before posting a reply. While Youre infinitely fo.olish, even I know that it wouldnt take you 10billion minutes to type up 6 words of what must've biting deep in your heart. And did you disappoint? Nope!

Mo.ron, I could care less if SW Nigeria is also "indoctrinated".... Actually, now I do care as it proves my point on how idiotic you are.

1. Do people live in peace in the South West regardless of their religion, race, tribe or language?

2. Are Igbos being hunted down like game in the South West whenever the Yorubas get bored of seeing Igbo faces and listening to their never ending boasts and claims of superiority?

The main problem is that people like you are just ill-mannered and badly bought up, thus, you have no respect for others and do not know how to be civil. Like an animal, look at how you responded to my facts with emotion and sentiments instead of rebutting with facts of your own and explaining why you felt I was wrong.

P.S: I was gonna bring up the fact that Eastern Nigerians are always quick to (verbally) attack the Western Nigerians even though their biggest antagonists are those from the North. I wrote it, then deleted it, because I knew how donkeys like yourself would be quick to portray and misconstrue it. But, what did you do? You still went ahead, took the words out my mouth, and proved me right anyways.

Youre such a loser it aint even no longer funny.

Numbskull kingofool

I tried to play you as dumbass with your silly post but you seemed to be dumber on each stanza. In eastern region of Nigeria, people do not live in peace because they always engage in sectarian riots according to moronic dingbat such as you. What a fool.

Throughout the history of Nigeria, Yoruba have never been hunted down like game in eastern region. In fact, operation watie has never happened in eastern region. What about wrestling matches such as Kiriji and show of shame for the drunkards engaged by Modakeke and Ife?

I guess in your infinite wisdom of foolishness, it is a good manner to peddle falsehood. Where the habits of telling bloody lies and dwelling in innuendos inculcated in you as a child?

I love to read from you because you display the knack for foolishness when on keyboards.

3 Likes

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
Dede1:

Numbskull kingofool

I tried to play you as dumbass with your silly post but you seemed to be dumber on each stanza. In eastern region of Nigeria, people do not live in peace because they always engage in sectarian riots according to moronic dingbat such as you. What a fool.

Throughout the history of Nigeria, Yoruba have never been hunted down like game in eastern region. In fact, operation watie has never happened in eastern region. What about wrestling matches such as Kiriji and show of shame for the drunkards engaged by Modakeke and Ife?

I guess in your infinite wisdom of foolishness, it is a good manner to peddle falsehood. Where the habits of telling bloody lies and dwelling in innuendos inculcated in you as a child?

I love to read from you because you display the knack for foolishness when on keyboards.

Oh my God, this mad man! Why are you always comparing yourself to others? Where did the feeling of inferiority come from? Did you dad not play with you as a child?

If you try to shed the thoughts of illiteracy that seems to have clouded your reasoning for one second, you'll see that I never accused Igbos of being unnecessarily violent. Your problem is you have no respect, and you have biyytch tendencies thats why ure always minding others' business. Isi kotara ebu ka ebu na-agba. Mind your business and stop bothering others you badly brought up, uncivilized old oaf.

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by hakanai(m): 10:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
Why all this hating of the north ,damning of the north by this Igbo north hating goons? You no get work? Anyway thanks for showing us our enemy. Tomorrow you expect to be voted by the same north you derive joy condemning stupidly. Anyway the feeling is mutual.one can but draw a conclusion that the igbo are hell bent on seeing the destruction of the north. Get over it suckers, shit aint happening. What ever makes you sleep.
@kingoflag you dey try talk logical sense.As humans should.Dont sweat it this goons enjoy the unending hate mentality.

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Dede1(m): 11:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
kingoflag:

Oh my God, this mad man! Why are you always comparing yourself to others? Where did the feeling of inferiority come from? Did you dad not play with you as a child?

If you try to shed the thoughts of illiteracy that seems to have clouded your reasoning for one second, you'll see that I never accused Igbos of being unnecessarily violent. Your problem is you have no respect, and you have biyytch tendencies thats why ure always minding others' business. Isi kotara ebu ka ebu na-agba. Mind your business and stop bothering others you badly brought up, uncivilized old oaf.

kingofool,

"The North and (South)Eastern Nigeria are the problem in Nigeria! Both of them are as intolerant as they come"

Who wrote the above quotation? I do not know you and do not intend to do so. However, I have lived amidst your forbearers. It is true that apple does not fall afar from the tree.
Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Dede1(m): 11:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
haka_nai: Why all this hating of the north ,damning of the north by this Igbo north hating goons? You no get work? Anyway thanks for showing us our enemy. Tomorrow you expect to be voted by the same north you derive joy condemning stupidly. Anyway the feeling is mutual.one can but draw a conclusion that the igbo are hell bent on seeing the destruction of the north. Get over it suckers, shit aint happening. What ever makes you sleep.
@kingoflag you dey try talk logical sense.As humans should.Dont sweat it this goons enjoy the unending hate mentality.

I know you are inherently moronic and it shows. Please read this quotation from your boy, kingofool:

“The North and (South)Eastern Nigeria are the problem in Nigeria! Both of them are as intolerant as they come".

I know cattle can learn before you crack a slate.
Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 22, 2013
Dede1:

kingofool,

"The North and (South)Eastern Nigeria are the problem in Nigeria! Both of them are as intolerant as they come"

Who wrote the above quotation? I do not know you and do not intend to do so. However, I have lived amidst your forbearers. It is true that apple does not fall afar from the tree.
You have never lived among my forbears, so starve that thought.

Yes, I did make the statement. And I made it continuously throughout my followup posts. You're just an I'd.iot, aren't u? So when u wanna make ur case against someone, u start from the middle instead of from the top? Sounds to me like the arguments you always make all over this forum jumping to what happened during the civil war, instead of starting from the previous incidents that sparked it. You're a dunce!

You pick and choose like a baby or a female would whenever you wanna make an argument. I'm kinda wondering; WHY DIDNT YOU ATTACK THE ORIGINAL POSTER?

And, something piqued my interest, how come the Northerners aren't attacking my opinion, afterall, I lumped them in the same boat as your "superior" tribe?

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 22, 2013
Dede1:

I know you are inherently moronic and it shows. Please read this quotation from your boy, kingofool:

“The North and (South)Eastern Nigeria are the problem in Nigeria! Both of them are as intolerant as they come".

I know cattle can learn before you crack a slate.
Now he's an Hausa-Fulani defender. Thankfully, not everyone is like you and some people recognize the fault in their kin and are obviously doing their little part to Change the view people have of them, unlike, you a member of the master race that is above doing wrong and has no fault.

Dunce, like I said , when u argue u start from the beginning if not u run the risk of looking either like a re.tard or a liar.... Or a reta.rded liar. Now, u quote what I said, conveniently forgetting that it was in response to something a dunce like urself put out to the world

Smh Ure just a bonafide loser is all. My advise for u is to find the tallest bridge in ur neighborhood and jump off it headfirst.

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:11am On Feb 22, 2013
kingoflag: Now he's an Hausa-Fulani defender. Thankfully, not everyone is like you and some people recognize the fault in their kin and are obviously doing their little part to Change the view people have of them, unlike, you a member of the master race that is above doing wrong and has no fault.

Dunce, like I said , when u argue u start from the beginning if not u run the risk of looking either like a re.tard or a liar.... Or a reta.rded liar. Now, u quote what I said, conveniently forgetting that it was in response to something a dunce like urself put out to the world

Smh Ure just a bonafide loser is all. My advise for u is to find the tallest bridge in ur neighborhood and jump off it headfirst.

^^^Dude fuc/k off to bed! You're such a cantankerous douchebag......jeez!
Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 22, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Dude fuc/k off to bed! You're such a cantankerous douchebag......jeez!
lmaooooooo hahaha Another monkey Fu.cka that can't stand the truth and waited until I logged off (after being the only viewer for more than 20yrs) before offering a retort--- just like a typical coward.
Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:31am On Feb 22, 2013
kingoflag: lmaooooooo hahaha Another monkey Fu.cka that can't stand the truth and waited until I logged off (after being the only viewer for more than 20yrs) before offering a retort--- just like a typical coward.

^^^So you logged off and logged back on again? What's your point exactly?; that i'm hoping you'd miss my advise for you to pi/ss-off to bed? Dude you're too into this whole nairaland e-fight thing...to the extent of monitoring who's online and who's reading what. shocked

Now fuc/koff to bed!
Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 22, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^So you logged off and logged back on again? What's your point exactly?; that i'm hoping you'd miss my advise for you to pi/ss-off to bed? Dude you're too into this whole nairaland e-fight thing...to the extent of monitoring who's online and who's reading what. shocked

Now fuc/koff to bed!

Lmaooooooo deal with the issue at hand unrepentant bigot.

Clown, the truth is dependent on language, religion, or tribe to dunces like urself. You should be ashamed.

1 Like

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by lacasa: 2:25am On Feb 22, 2013
i just dey laff this morning gringringrin
Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by White007(m): 7:48am On Feb 22, 2013
Along comes the irritant drooling as usual.
Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by Dede1(m): 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2013
kingoflag: You have never lived among my forbears, so starve that thought.

Yes, I did make the statement. And I made it continuously throughout my followup posts. You're just an I'd.iot, aren't u? So when u wanna make ur case against someone, u start from the middle instead of from the top? Sounds to me like the arguments you always make all over this forum jumping to what happened during the civil war, instead of starting from the previous incidents that sparked it. You're a dunce!

You pick and choose like a baby or a female would whenever you wanna make an argument. I'm kinda wondering; WHY DIDNT YOU ATTACK THE ORIGINAL POSTER?

And, something piqued my interest, how come the Northerners aren't attacking my opinion, afterall, I lumped them in the same boat as your "superior" tribe?

You do not deserve a response from me. There is no doubt you have sunken to an irreparable range of imbecilic abyss. In your first idiotic response to the poster of the thread in discussion, the first sentence conjured from your moronic stream of thought was “The North and (South)Eastern Nigeria are the problem in Nigeria! Both of them are as intolerant as they come”.

In order to tailor your gutter up bring antics to fit, a dingbat such as you followed up with another junkyard utterance in “Both sides intolerance can be traced to indoctrinations by acquired foreign religions”.

Now as a celebrated jackass of irresponsible parentage, you have effrontery to say that attack on your bloody and dilapidated body commenced from the middle of trash you vomited. What a deranged maggot.

Must I remind a dumbass such as you that northerners are biologically and socially different from the easterners? What significant or lack thereof does northerners attacking your idiotic opinion got to do with easterners? I guess you should be reminded that unlike the western region of Nigeria, eastern region does not run second fiddle to northern region of Nigeria, olodo.

3 Likes

Re: The North Is Nigeria's Ultimate Problem by tomakint: 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2013
Dede1:

Kingofool,

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You Sir, you are one of a kind!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy Respect Sir!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Punch Editorial. Jonathan’s Unfolding Dictatorial Tendencies. / My Defeat In Ekiti Not Due To Stomach Infrastructure – Fayemi / Malaysians Like Molesting Tourists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.